• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm gonna throw a dart into the dark blindfolded and say it's gonna be Kratos and Waluigi.

I have literally no basis to my reasoning but I like them and I want them.

D

Deleted member

Gonna say BAMCO until Verge deconfirms KOSMOS

If she's out, I'll fall back on Three Houses.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
I want some kind of Indie character to make the pass. They deserve a spotlight sometimes right?

D

Deleted member

How’s it going contreras?

I’m right now chatting around Discord about the Game Awards and some possible reveals, while rewatching the trailer for the new Ghostbusters movie and the new KH3 DLC.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I want some kind of Indie character to make the pass. They deserve a spotlight sometimes right?
I will forever stand by my feelings that if one did, it should be Quote since he's basically the grandfather of them to an extent. Cave Story's success spawned quite a few things after all.

I wouldn't be against Shantae or other ones though.

Last edited:

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Minecraft steve is the indie character living the best dream

Not excited for a character like kos-mos but it would be typical for for the smash team adding another character like her

Last edited:

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
I actually want hat kid even though I haven't played the game yet. But I do want Shantae and/or Reimu more.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
The amount of backtracking leakers have done in the past week or so is insane. How can people put so much faith day to day when things keep changing. I'm glad I've been staying out of speculation the past few months... holy hell!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
To everyone saying that the Re:Mind trailer could show up again during TGA, I- I mean, Geoff already stated that won't be the case.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Just a reminder that almost all of TGA leaked last year. Just cause this KH trailer was shown at state of play means nothing. Geoff isn’t going to admit what leaked or not let’s get real he even talked about Waluigi and Banjo tooie fake leaks. Does Geoff know how to search 4chan’s catalog? Probably not.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just a reminder that almost all of TGA leaked last year. Just cause this KH trailer was shown at state of play means nothing. Geoff isn’t going to admit what leaked or not let’s get real he even talked about Waluigi and Banjo tooie fake leaks. Does Geoff know how to search 4chan’s catalog? Probably not.
Are we really at the point where we trust a 4chan rando spewing unlikely information over the guy who runs the ****ing show? The dude said it's not for my show and it showed up elsewhere.

Plus, considering he mentioned Banjo-Redooie, yes, he can search 4chan apparently

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTT

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

THRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Flyboy

Smash Hero
People in here acting as if Geoff isn't just a lucky fan who networked and put in the work at exactly the right time to get a video game show off the ground. He absolutely grew up posting on forums and I'm sure he has a few 4chan posts under his belt as well. The dude even namedropped several leaks during Periscope streams. C'mon, use some sense.

D

Deleted member

RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTT

Yup, the reaction I expected.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Are we really at the point where we trust a 4chan rando spewing unlikely information over the guy who runs the ****ing show? The dude said it's not for my show and it showed up elsewhere.

Plus, considering he mentioned Banjo-Redooie, yes, he can search 4chan apparently
Well how about you explain how almost all of TGA leaked last year then? Nobody is saying the 4chan leak is correct. It’s just not dead until Thursday if nothing shows up from it. I’m well aware that Geoff runs the show but he’s not perfect. And I doubt he knows how to search 4chan cause he would have addressed what everybody is talking about and not some two random fakes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Reminder that what Geoff said about Waluigi had nothing to do with Smash and was an answer to someone asking if he’d show up as a guest.

If it’s not Porky, it’s him.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
People in here acting as if Geoff isn't just a lucky fan who networked and put in the work at exactly the right time to get a video game show off the ground. He absolutely grew up posting on forums and I'm sure he has a few 4chan posts under his belt as well. The dude even namedropped several leaks during Periscope streams. C'mon, use some sense.
People ? I’m 1 person. And what leaks did he name drop? Show me.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Indie picks who can make me happy are either Hornet from Hollow Knight, or Marisa Kirisame from Touhou. There isn't any other indie character I'm attached to, and even Marisa is more a nostalgia pick from when I was obsessed by those IOSYS music videos around 2006 than anything.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well how about you explain how almost all of TGA leaked last year then? Nobody is saying the 4chan leak is correct. It’s just not dead until Thursday if nothing shows up from it. I’m well aware that Geoff runs the show but he’s not perfect. And I doubt he knows how to search 4chan cause he would have addressed what everybody is talking about and not some two random fakes.
He kinda namedropped a relatively obscure post (the Banjo-Redooie one) that only the Smash community was giving attention to, pretty much. I'd say that's enough proof he knows his way around that place, at least at a surface level.

What do you mean with "what everyone is talking about", though? One would think the leaked trailer for KH would have way more traction than a random 4chan post, for example. I don't really think it makes sense for him to adress Smash rumors primarily when his show doesn't revolve around that.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
The Resident Evil 3 remake trailer makes me want Nemesis' reveal trailer to be done like that (specifically the part with him chasing Jill from her perspective) but with a Smash character instead if he somehow makes it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Oh boy, grey has reached heaven.

Tell us if the view from up here is good or not.

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, this sentence would've been impossible to say a year ago:

"Multi-platform phenomenon and TGA nominee Untitled Goose Game"

[Honking for UGG2 and perhaps Post-Pass intensifies]

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Jon’s recent tweet about no matter how obscure a character is they can still be shown at the game awards really causing me to be suspicious especially when he predicted KOS MOS. Maybe I’m looking too deep into this..
If Jon can get away this easily with “predicting” the next character instead of outright leaking it if it is indeed KOS-MOS, what was ever stopping Sabi/Verge from doing the same thing?
*thinking*

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
2 more days until this madness of who is fighter 5 hopefully ends.
Then it's on to the madness of post pass. I'll probably be taking a break for a while after FP5 is announced, but post pass character 1 is going to be VERY interesting because it should inform us whether they are going to keep sticking with 3rd party character from new franchises, or start bringing in 1st/2nd party characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom