• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Why does everyone seem so against Heihachi? If you think he'll just be like any other FGC character converted to Smash, you are grossly wrong and have evidently not played Tekken.
Not against him personally, just not super into it either. Fighting games are tricky for me, TBH, and I can't think of many I'd wanna see reps from. An Arc System Works character would be cool, though.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I forgot this happened. It was the most exposure Puzzle & Dragons could have gotten outside Japan.
The game is actually localized though. I remember playing it a while back. The gatcha aspect drove me away.

Don't remember exactly what made me not finish Puzzles and Dragons Z.

EDIT: I just remember some b.s. happening.

I still want to play that game, ngl.
You can check it out if you want but don't get it unless it also comes with Puzzles and Dragons Z. It's incredibly boring.

y'all should just put your most wanteds in your sig, like a certain smashing fella does...
But then we can't know why you want them, and that's the funnest part of asking.
Well if you simply must know, I've never actually played Okami, but after watching Chuggaaconroy's let's play of the game, it became one of my favorite games just on story alone. Then I played Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two worlds and loved playing her despite her probably being the most complicated character in the game and it was my first traditional fighting game. I had Zero and Dante too so I guess it balanced out. lol

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Why does everyone seem so against Heihachi? If you think he'll just be like any other FGC character converted to Smash, you are grossly wrong and have evidently not played Tekken.
idk. Not everyone likes traditional fighting games and not everyone likes old guys. I'm guessing people are also assuming that he will primarily be punching and he will also have some kind of command thing, which not everyone wants more of.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
My most wanteds change almost weekly for me though, lol. Heck, I even forgot to put Spyro in my orignal post: I've been super into Reignited Trilogy recently and would love to see him!

My top 3 are pretty consistent, though. Removing characters that are currently unlikely due to them having roles in the game already, my top three would be:

Octolings (Most wanted!)
Sora
Yuri Lowell
Nice to see somebody else wants Octolings! I didn't list them in my most wanteds, I guess I forgot to list them since they'd presumably be echo fighters.

Actually, I have a few ideas for them if you don't mind me sharing.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Nice to see somebody else wants Octolings! I didn't list them in my most wanteds, I guess I forgot to list them since they'd presumably be echo fighters.

Actually, I have a few ideas for them if you don't mind me sharing.
Go on ahead! Splatoon is one of my most favorite things ever, and while I wouldn't object to Echoes, I totally think Octolings warrant a unique character.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
y'all should just put your most wanteds in your sig, like a certain smashing fella does, so you don't have to write the same 10+ characters' names every single time
But what about the people who decided to disable signatures in their settings?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Just a day or two ago, these two leakers were what people held onto as their one ray of hope. How in less than 24 hours have the hounds 'turned on their masters'? Ya'll suddenly singing a different tune than usual. Or is it just being dehydrated of Smash news that the lashing out has begun to use blood as a substitute for water?
People from Gamexplain and Source Gaming took shots at both of them.

And from what i’ve seen, its mostly Verge people are doubting atm.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
People from Gamexplain and Source Gaming took shots at both of them.

And from what i’ve seen, its mostly Verge people are doubting atm.
Yeah, it's mostly Verge, but with Jon from GameXplain, it's pretty equal. Lots of beef towards Verge AND Sabi, namely because the latter jumped the gun on a tweet of his.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You say that as if Sabi can be considered more trustworthy.
The only way to find out if either Verge or Sabi is reliable is to get them together to settle it via some Smash matches. Clearly, whoever is the one that the Smash gods favor is also the one that’s reliable.

Or the reliable one is the one that the Smash gods *don’t* favor... and so, this turns into “wine in front of me” logic...

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I see that this Guess Who game with Sabi and Verge is going to continue for at least a couple more days, but I can't say I blame people like Jon for getting pissed at them.

As for my most wanted and least wanted.

Most wanted (not counting Banjo and K Rool since they got in):

Shantae
Ashley
Untitled Goose
Madeline
Aloy
Waluigi
A Chrono Trigger rep, especially Lucca

I'm kinda neutral on Geno. I'll buy him if he gets in, but I won't be upset if he's not.

Least wanted:

Steve
A Tekken rep
Goku
Any character that didn't originate in a video game
Meme characters

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Yeah, it's mostly Verge, but with Jon from GameXplain, it's pretty equal. Lots of beef towards Verge AND Sabi, namely because the latter jumped the gun on a tweet of his.
It's rather glaring that one guy reducing the possible characters to a ridiculously tiny amount is somehow making more noise than the one who got in trouble with a person.

D

Deleted member

Oh wow, that’s some nice art.

As in the game? So you’re fine with Jonesy on his own but Fortnite as a whole is a no I presume.
It’s jonesy. I put in fortnite because there’s a lot of other characters in it than him

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Personally

1) I haven't played Tekken in years. The new games might do something for me, but the first 3 were legitimately the only fighting games I found almost wholly unenjoyable at the time, so I still retain that bad taste in my mouth. Unfair bias? Maybe. Probably.
But the feeling is still there regardless.

2) If we are getting a Tekken character, there's a robot girl that can wield her own detachable head. Why would I support anyone else? >_>
That said, there are also bears, an idol, etc, so why would I want the grizzled old dude?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Least wanted characters, eh? If you can't be a character I actually want in then you can at least either bring representation to a legacy that deserves it or be new and exciting. (subjectivity ahoy)

The legacy thing works for Ryu, Terry and Hero despite not caring for their franchises in the slightest; I respect them for it. It doesn't work for, say, Joker who is literally only repping P5. Doom Guy or Crash would easily meet the criteria despite not being the biggest fan of either. Legacy is not just "this character is old" either; I don't think Ice Climber or Duck Hunt are interesting additions because they've done nothing with the characters for yonks so their legacy is little more than a gravestone. Even Pit with his Brawl-only redesign before Uprising was a twinkle in Sakurai's eye had the interesting little factoid of being Metroid's forgotten sibling game and being reimagined as if it hadn't dropped off after the GameBoy. Little Mac punched his way out of the grave and didn't just bank on "remember that wireframe guy from the boxing game", etc.

The 'something new' is usually new IPs. It's really less of a check for new IPs than it is a big fat X for franchise repeats that don't bring anything new like the 8th FE character or generic Mario baddy. You'd honestly have to try to find worse additions than those two; Slippy Toad or Urban Champion or a Pacman ghost would honestly be preferable because they stand a better chance of standing out. No, I don't buy that having an interesting moveset alone justifies inclusion. Literally any character can have an interesting moveset and they can do so while also being interesting characters from interesting franchises who can interest people by virtue of being their introduction to said interesting franchise, rather than the Nth reminder that "oh yeah Fire Emblem still exists". I love Fire Emblem and there are characters from it I would've loved (past tense) to see in Smash but at this point I'd rather just see anything else get in to spread the love around.

So really as long as you're not another ****ing Fire Emblem character and your support content isn't actively being sabotaged by your parent company you're fine in my book. watch as FP5 can't even manage that, my god am I upset about this extra content for a child's toy pre-emptively

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I've played multiple Tekken games. It's right up with there with Soul Edge/Calibur, and Street Fighter for me.

I like FGC characters, it's just that I rather have Ling Xiaoyu, Eddy Gordo, Jin Kazama, or Hwoarang before I pick Heihachi.

KillerCage

Smash Master
It could be because people don't think he would be fun to play with (which I fall under,) he would block more interesting Namco-Bandai characters getting into Smash, or people don't think he would work well in Smash.
EDIT: People could want more interesting Tekken characters over Heihachi.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Games like Hollow Knight and Cuphead made a splash, but they never got as big as Shovel Knight or even Tohou. Since Five Nights at Freddy's is (according to GameTheory) invisible to those outside the YouTube bubble, and also only appears on PC and mobile devices, I'd say it was never in the running.

EDIT: I think Tohou and Cave Story are the only notable enough indie franchises that have at least some sort of presence on the Switch, and also haven't been disconfirmed.

Fun. That was and always will be the only point.
Cuphead sales is 5 million while Shovel Knight is 2.5.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
1575771990710.png

If this post is to be believed, Sabi's been playin' us for fools this whole time. They know who FP5 is, and have for a while now.

which is why i personally don't believe it, there's no way they could've known this long

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I don't think I've actually asked, but who do you want in Smash Bros?
Darkrai
MapleStory rep
Dungeon Fighter rep
Aino Heart
Izanami
Susanoo
Shinguuji Korekiyo
Reimu
Flandre Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Patchouli
Waluigi
Tapu Lele

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 251112

If this post is to be believed, Sabi's been playin' us for fools this whole time. They know who FP5 is, and have for a while now.

which is why i personally don't believe it, there's no way they could've known this long
I'm not mad that we've potentially been played like fiddles
But I am mad that you had the gall to post a discord light mode screenshot without warning anybody

Last edited by a moderator:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 251112

SABI DOES NOT KNOW WHO FP5 IS.

SABIS SOURCE DOES.

I dont understand why everyone is pissed at Sabi when they literally tell us everything they know.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm not mad that we've potentially been played like fiddles
But I am mad that you had the gall to post a discord light mode screenshot without warning anybody
Hey, blame the person who posted it in my server to begin with.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
My Top 5

1. Andy
2. Isaac
3. Crash
4. Elma
5. Chunky Dixie

Those are the only characters I really want TBH aside from some other ones I think would be cool to see. And really, if Andy were in I would #NeverAskSakuraiForAnythingEverAgain and would be fine not having anyone else.

I have characters I don't want to see but would rather not say them here.

also put chunky in you cowards
Chunky can't get in because he's dead.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There's a Rhythm Heaven game on the 3ds right? I might check it out. It has that same pick-up-and-play structure I enjoy from WarioWare.
yup, Rhythm Heaven Megamix. Pretty much the Warioware Gold of the series,

It's a digital exclusive here in the states, but it has all the essential minigames and it's only $30

If you had to play only one RH game, it's definitely the one to go with imo

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

SABIS SOURCE DOES.

I dont understand why everyone is pissed at Sabi when they literally tell us everything they know.
Okay, except for the fact that this screenshot is literally Sabi saying they know who FP5 is.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

SABIS SOURCE DOES.

If this post is real, it implicates that the source already told Sabi months ago, and they have been sitting on it for months.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 251112

Even if it was real, it's not like Sabi would actually confirm it unless decisive proof was uncovered. Best to just wait for VGA at this point and not humor Sabi.

Last edited by a moderator:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
View attachment 251112

Pretty sure that's a quote and not something Sabi said himself. That's a copy/paste of what Sabi's source told him. The gray line should be indicating it as a quote, similar to Reddit.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pretty sure that's a quote and not something Sabi said himself. That's a copy/paste of what Sabi's source told him. The gray line should be indicating it as a quote, similar to Reddit.
Then why does the post mention a source?

Does the source have a source? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Even if Sabi does know who it is, wouldn't them revealing it out their source thus risk the source? I know there is generally a pretty difficult line to cross on if they should/can actually reveal what they know without jeopardizing the source in some way.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

SABIS SOURCE DOES.

they most certainly tells us everything,

including the things that probably didn't need to be said.

like with the whole "no dash" ****post tweet jon gxplain did,. Sabi was the one who said to "take it as a hint" due to their source supposedly "not being sure a reveal was happening at the Game Awards or not".

you can definitely tell the celebrity status has kinda gone to their head. Whenever they have the chance to speak, they'll make sure of it. Even it's just a statement promising they'll talk about something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom