• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Then why does the post mention a source?

Does the source have a source? How deep does the rabbit hole go?
Yes, because Sabi's Source is a Brand ambassador and not a direct Nintendo employee. They have a Source that told them Terry & FP5.

EDIT: Also, it is indeed a quote, likely with the poster's identity removed

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Dunno if I missed the boat for top five most-wanted characters, but the main reason why I was working on Captain Syrup was to visualize my wishlist through 3D models.
1575774300607.png

BlackInk

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post: image-only spam
Yes, because Sabi's Source is a Brand ambassador and not a direct Nintendo employee. They have a Source that told them Terry & FP5.

1575776718830.jpeg

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
It's really nice to see other Splatoon fans here, it's one of my all-time favorite series, and I enjoy being able to show my passion for it!

So my first Octoling idea is assuming they're Echoes of Inkling. One difference they could have would be the appearance of their weapons, which would be changed to match their redesigns from Splatoon 2. Such examples include Splattershot, Splat Roller and Slosher.

Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:
Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:
Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:

In addition to those changes, Forward Smash could be changed from Inkbrush to Octobrush, dealing more damage in exchange for longer startup and/or endlag.

Another idea is that they're Down-B could be changed from Splat Bomb to Burst Bomb, which instead of lingering on the ground for a short while and then blowing up, the Burst Bomb would explode as soon as it makes contact with anything, including fighters. Burst Bomb would deal less damage than Splat Bomb, but cost less ink to use.

As for they're skins, I'll leave images for my ideas.

Skin 1:

Skin 2:

Skin 3:

Skin 4:

Skin 5: Middle
Skin 6: Octoling boy, left from the middle one

Skin 7:

This outfit but with an Octoling girl

Skin 8: Octoling boy, right from the middle one

Edit: Images are no longer broken.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Pretty sure that the ambassador is seperate from the main source who knows FP5.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I couldn't sleep and even ordered 4am food and still nothing from Sabi? Damn had my hopes up a little for now.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
How did insiders like Vergeben and Sabi even get their sources anyway? (And to an extent every other notable insider?)

That is what I’d like to know. Because I’d love to have a source of my own one day.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I hope Fighter #5 is a decent character, because all this skepticism and doubt on Verge/Sabi and the "my character still has a chance" talk makes it seem like we're building up to a major saltfest.

Shroob

Sup?
As someone who's kinda trusted Verg implicitly through all of Smash speculation.

Yeah, I'm kinda super sus over all this ****.

I never believed in Sabi to begin with, but now Verg is making me "Eh."

He could still be very much right in the end, but I find this whole situation bewildering.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I hope Fighter #5 is a decent character, because all this skepticism and doubt on Verge/Sabi and the "my character still has a chance" talk makes it seem like we're building up to a major saltfest.
It's gonna be a Saltfest regardless.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
What I want to know is if that lost of deconfirmed companies just means the IP that those companies made themselves or if it also includes smaller companies that they bought like with Square Enix and Taito?

Last edited:

Brazillian Cara

Smash Cadet
It's weird, but I feel a bit disappointed with the reveal that all (or part of) the recent mass deconfirmations (which included characters I really want) might not be true after all. For the short while it lasted, it was kind of refreshing to have absolutely no idea who it could be even/especially with how much the list was narrowed.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
It's weird, but I feel a bit disappointed with the reveal that all the recent mass deconfirmations (which included characters I really want) might not be true after all. For the short while it lasted, it was kind of refreshing to have absolutely no idea who it could be even/especially with how much the list was narrowed.
Wait did something happen?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Ultimate Saltfest Timeline: Verge/Sabi are wrong but the character is someone absolutely nobody ever wanted anyway.

D

Deleted member

Whoever FP5 is, I just hope the character is a she.

Just a little more...

Shroob

Sup?
And now apparently Sabi's pulling the:

"Achstually I knew who it was the whole time!"

Despite spinning lie after lie about how her source was adamant about not wanting to share/only a small handful knew?

Nah man.

**** stinks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Despite spinning lie after lie about how her source was adamant about not wanting to share/only a small handful knew?

Nah man.

**** stinks.
surejan.jan

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

Nah man.

**** stinks.
I guess the best way to figure out what all that is would be to ask the source. PolarPanda PolarPanda can you clear this up for us?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm going to suggest that nobody jumpes to any conclusions for now, as I think it's pretty clear there's going to be some developments up until Thursday, and we actually get the reveal.

There's a chance Verg is right, a chance none of the discons are right, but we can't know as things stand for now. All I know is, this place is going to burn to the ground if Challenger Pack 5 isn't at TGA.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Nah man.

**** stinks.
The Discord picture is a quote and not something Sabi said himself. No different than you being quoted in this post.

D

Deleted member

Nah man.

**** stinks.
At this rate, I'll just say **** every leaker in general and just wait. Every leaker cannot be trusted right now.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's really nice to see other Splatoon fans here, it's one of my all-time favorite series, and I enjoy being able to show my passion for it!

So my first Octoling idea is assuming they're Echoes of Inkling. One difference they could have would be the appearance of their weapons, which would be changed to match their redesigns from Splatoon 2. Such examples include Splattershot, Splat Roller and Slosher.

Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:
Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:
Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:

Another idea is that they're Down-B could be changed from Splat Bomb to Burst Bomb, which instead of lingering on the ground for a short while and then blowing up, the Burst Bomb would explode as soon as it makes contact with anything, including fighters. Burst Bomb would deal less damage than Splat Bomb, but cost less ink to use.

As for they're skins, I'll leave images for my ideas.

Skin 1:

Skin 2:

Skin 3:

Skin 4:

Skin 5: Middle
Skin 6: Octoling boy, left from the middle one

Skin 7:

This outfit but with an Octoling girl

Skin 8:

Octoling boy, right from the middle one

Edit: It seems some of the images are broken. I'll try to fix them.
Aaaaaaaaaah!!! I love these ideas! It would be soooo gooood! :love:

One idea I like is to have their animations differ slightly to show off the octolings difference in personality from inklings. Octolings tend to be a little more sassy, so I'd love to see them show that off as well!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m not a big fan of the whole leaker culture. I’m happy they are willing to share information but I do feel like some of it is just to stoke their own ego/satisfaction of playing mind games with people/generating media buzz. I don’t think that’s the sole reason why they do what they do of course but I think it certainly has something to do with it and one reason why people try to copy/become insider leakers as well.

I’m also not a fan of whole-heartedly following every word these people say. Again, I am happy they share this info but it doesn’t define me or my interest in the game. I’m perfectly happy speculating about Smash without knowing who is leaked or who is deconfirmed. I get people really follow these individuals but, to me, leak talk is just a small part of Smash discussion. Or at least it should be.

Lastly, I don’t get why some people see these “deconfirmations” as a hard “no you’re not in Smash”. There is dlc coming after this so these aren’t hard deconfirmations. But I have seen people trolling fanbases with stupid whit like “haha Sabi deconfirmed x character their chances in Smash is over !!! Your a loser and your trash character is loser!”

that type of **** is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom