• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78235954

Update from Verge.

HOLY CRAP MONOKUMA MAY STILL BE ALIVE
"The character is NOT from:
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Doomguy / Doom Slayer
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Arle Nadja
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Reimu Hakurei"
What franchises are these? What is the Scorpion franchise? The Geno franchise? Do you see a game called 'Geno 64' or 'Tracer for PC' on used store shelves!?!? I don't think so!!!!!! :ultpacman:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So the current list of disconfirms as it stands:

-Crash
-Tracer
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doom Slayer
-Geno
-Nippon Ichi
-Gordon Freeman
-Ubisoft
-Falcom
-Namco
-Level 5
-Arle Nadja
-Sakura
-Reimu
-Kat
-Dante(Sabi)
-Capcom(According to the NoA Ambassador)
-Sora(Sabi's Source)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sure Vergeben sure...How are we sure you ain't misinterpreting again...>.>

After the **** we went through I still don't know whether to believe anymore...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Crash
-Tracer
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doom Slayer
-Geno
-Nippon Ichi
-Gordon Freeman
-Ubisoft
-Falcom
-Namco
-Arle Nadja
-Sakura
-Reimu
-Kat
-Sora(Sabi's Source)
Now that's a bit cleaner...

Assuming that KOS-MOS is Monolith Soft, we're still in this.

And we don't take to Verge's bs anymore XD

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
yup, Rhythm Heaven Megamix. Pretty much the Warioware Gold of the series,

It's a digital exclusive here in the states, but it has all the essential minigames and it's only $30

If you had to play only one RH game, it's definitely the one to go with imo
It's a decent collection but the story mode really overstays its welcome and having to grind challenges to buy more old minigames was too much for me. I say this as someone who owns every game in the series (but not as one who's actually 100%'d every game in the series or anything; I'm damn lucky my JP GBA copy's previous owner 100%'d it before selling it). The fact my 3DS has a combination of "a thumbstick that gets stuck when moving down" and "a d-pad that doesn't go left or right consistently" didn't help either.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

-Crash
-Tracer
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doom Slayer
-Geno
-Nippon Ichi
-Gordon Freeman
-Ubisoft
-Falcom
-Namco
-Arle Nadja
-Sakura
-Reimu
-Kat
-Sora(Sabi's Source)
Level 5 is missing in the list.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Sans: Undertale 2 for the Nintendo Switch family of systems
It's called Deltarune, you pleb. And Sans seems to be a less prominent character in Deltarune than he was in Undertale, so that really wouldn't work. >:p

(Yea, I know you were joking, just... sigh. I am a nitpicker by heart.)

If we're still doing the "characters I don't want in Smash," all I'm really passionate against is Master Chief and Kratos. And while I mostly blanket-support indies, Shantae's a little too sexualized for me to vibe with. Not super picky beyond that, I guess.

...Interesting that Verge's clarification puts a lot more back on the table. I'm still a little confused as to what does and doesn't carry over from the old list to the new one. It feels like the new list is shorter somehow. Honestly, at this point I just want #5 to come as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Wait, so we’re pretty much back to square one?
Yeah... I’ll just wait until Thursday at this point LOL.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
One thing I'm confused about is what happened with Capcom, Tecmo, Konami, etc? Is Verge saying they're good now? Why were they deconfirmed in the first place?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seriously the the **** are you guys still believing Vergeben after everything we went through? How are we sure he's not misinterpreting again? I ain't gonna fall for that **** again.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Dante's also missing ( :( ) in the list. He wasn't deconfirmed by Verge but by Sabi's source.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS is Namco, don't pretend otherwise.

If she's Monolith Soft, Banjo is first-party.
He's first-party in my heart
1575778894667.png

"The character is NOT from:
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Doomguy / Doom Slayer
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Arle Nadja
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Reimu Hakurei"
What franchises are these? What is the Scorpion franchise? The Geno franchise? Do you see a game called 'Geno 64' or 'Tracer for PC' on used store shelves!?!? I don't think so!!!!!! :ultpacman:
He's obviously referring to Scorpion King, which is a real shame because my #1 dream is to be able to play as bad CGI Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You'd all be more mad at Verg if he hadn't rectified his error.

It's a no-win situation, apparently.

Shroob

Sup?
One thing I'm confused about is what happened with Capcom, Tecmo, Konami, etc? Is Verge saying they're good now? Why were they deconfirmed in the first place?
I don't think Verg ever counted Capcom out.

It was one guy who said he was a Nintendo Ambassador that parted ways with Sabi, who conveniently said that she hadn't heard anything, only to snap back and say "No wait it's out."

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
So Capcom is back on the table according to Vergeben. Interesting since I think Sabi wasn't willing to go along with him deconfirming a Capcom rep specifically. Nintendo is also back, so that's nice.

But then again, how much faith people are willing to put in this updated list of deconfirmations is a whole different issue altogether. This situation is really messy, maybe it's time for me to take a break from this thread until the VGAs.

Edit: Never mind I just remembered Capcom was deconfirmed by someone else. This is getting hard for me to follow lol.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Verge had a list of companies sent to his source, some of them had character names. The Source only said that none of the characters listed are FP5. Verge took it to mean the character was not from any of the companies rather than it's none of the characters he listed. He didn't say if he listed any Capcom characters, but it doesn't sound like he did.

Shroob

Sup?
You'd all be more mad at Verg if he hadn't rectified his error.

It's a no-win situation, apparently.
Forgive me for my skepticism, but I'm someone who has pretty much taken Verg's word as word of god up to this point, and even I found last night absurd. It's great that he's trying to fix this assumed mistake, but this just, and all of this, feels weird and very off.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ugh I give up. Go ahead guys keep believing Vergeben after everything he and Sabi put us through because I'm taking precaution this time and not falling for possible misinformation again.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
It's really nice to see other Splatoon fans here, it's one of my all-time favorite series, and I enjoy being able to show my passion for it!

So my first Octoling idea is assuming they're Echoes of Inkling. One difference they could have would be the appearance of their weapons, which would be changed to match their redesigns from Splatoon 2. Such examples include Splattershot, Splat Roller and Slosher.

Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:
Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:
Splatoon design:

Splatoon 2 design:

In addition to those changes, Forward Smash could be changed from Inkbrush to Octobrush, dealing more damage in exchange for longer startup and/or endlag.

Another idea is that they're Down-B could be changed from Splat Bomb to Burst Bomb, which instead of lingering on the ground for a short while and then blowing up, the Burst Bomb would explode as soon as it makes contact with anything, including fighters. Burst Bomb would deal less damage than Splat Bomb, but cost less ink to use.

As for they're skins, I'll leave images for my ideas.

Skin 1:

Skin 2:

Skin 3:

Skin 4:

Skin 5: Middle
Skin 6: Octoling boy, left from the middle one

Skin 7:

This outfit but with an Octoling girl

Skin 8: Octoling boy, right from the middle one

Edit: Images are no longer broken.
I'm just going to quote my Octoling post from earlier since it had a lot of broken images, which didn't get fixed until now. That way if you want to see the post the way It was intended to be seen, you can.

I also added one extra idea to it.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Verge had a list of companies sent to his source, some of them had character names. The Source only said that none of the characters listed are FP5. Verge took it to mean the character was not from any of the companies rather than it's none of the characters he listed. He didn't say if he listed any Capcom characters, but it doesn't sound like he did.
Ah ok, that makes more sense. Thanks

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
TFW Phoenix is back on the table for the third time but that just opens up the possibility of him being deconfirmed again

i can't not again.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom