• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
This whole sabi and verg thing kinda makes me despise them both to be honest like really 20 companies and nothing of those have a shot f@#k outta here and sabi is just annoying now say it or leave

Flyboy

Smash Hero
y'all should just put your most wanteds in your sig, like a certain smashing fella does, so you don't have to write the same 10+ characters' names every single time
I hear the cool kids have an easily digestible image complete with colors coding who got confirmed and who is a spirit. Maybe they even use the Smash Roster Generator so it's a reasonable size.

D

Deleted member

y'all should just put your most wanteds in your sig, like a certain smashing fella does, so you don't have to write the same 10+ characters' names every single time
Here’s the thing doh:

I don’t really know how to do it so everything is seen well when my signature appears on threads.

I experimented in the past with signatures that have images, but then it didn’t sadly show all of them.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
y'all should just put your most wanteds in your sig, like a certain smashing fella, so you don't have to write the same 10+ characters' names every single time
My most wanteds change almost weekly for me though, lol. Heck, I even forgot to put Spyro in my orignal post: I've been super into Reignited Trilogy recently and would love to see him!

My top 3 are pretty consistent, though. Removing characters that are currently unlikely due to them having roles in the game already, my top three would be:

Octolings (Most wanted!)
Sora
Yuri Lowell

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I can see him mount Red Hare in his final Smash, gallops toward the foes before leaping off.

Also, Cao Cao, Liu Bei+Zhang Fei+Guan Yu and Sima spirits!
Yessss, also of course Zhang Liao too considering he was with Lu Bu while he lived.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
It’s been three hours. Nothing from Sabi yet.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It’s been three hours. Nothing from Sabi yet.
Sabi said their hard-hitting intel could take a couple days before it's ready to post.

Which, to me, sounds more like "i'm desperately waiting to hear anything i can use against verge".

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Top 5

1. Andy
2. Isaac
3. Crash
4. Elma
5. Chunky Dixie

Those are the only characters I really want TBH aside from some other ones I think would be cool to see. And really, if Andy were in I would #NeverAskSakuraiForAnythingEverAgain and would be fine not having anyone else.

I have characters I don't want to see but would rather not say them here.

also put chunky in you cowards

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
As far as characters I'd hate to see in Smash go, the only one I think has chances better than a snowball in Hell is Steve. Aside from that, I guess Saber, Jonesy, and non-videogame characters are what I can think about. But there's probably more I'm just not even deigning to consider, if you'd asked me this a week ago I wouldn't even have mentioned Jonesy because that's how little he registers in my mind.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Sabi said their hard-hitting intel could take a couple days before it's ready to post.

Which, to me, sounds more like "i'm desperately waiting to hear anything i can use against verge".
yeah he ain't got ****. If he did he'd say it as soon as possible and as soon as leakers were safe to avoid losing their scoop.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
One day he'll rise again... maybe...

hopefully

I absolutely hope so, although I feel like Ultimate is his last shot at all. I wish it didn't even have to feel like his best shot either, as I'd actually prefer for him to appear in a new Mario RPG or something, but the chances of that are painfully low.

It's depressing to be a Geno fan, man. The state of his character being in limbo with very few options for a way out is rough.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I don't think I've actually asked, but who do you want in Smash Bros?
Nathan Drake
Hollow Knight
Kratos
Geno
LoL rep(for my brother)
Cranky Kong
Edelgard
Phoenix Wright
Lara Croft

Probably forgot a few. Theres also a few like Doom Guy or Dovahkiin who I'd like but don't necessarily want I guess.

D

Deleted member

The only characters left that I would really like to see are Doomguy and Dante/Phoenix Wright, but I hesitate to call them wants because I'm not really gonna be broken up if they don't get in.
And it's probably cliché but there's not really any characters I'm against outside of a few fringe cases that don't really have a snowball's chance in hell anyway. Sakurai has made me like characters I wasn't too hot on in the past so I'm pretty open minded nowadays.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

They literally stated they would share it “in a bit”.

A span of a couple of days doesn’t sound like “a bit” to me.

D

Deleted member

I absolutely hope so, although I feel like Ultimate is his last shot at all. I wish it didn't even have to feel like his best shot either, as I'd actually prefer for him to appear in a new Mario RPG or something, but the chances of that are painfully low.

It's depressing to be a Geno fan, man. The state of his character being in limbo with very few options for a way out is rough.
Well I'm not one to talk about not receiving their most wanted, so instead, I'm just going to post that one Awkward Zombie that had Geno in it to show I care.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Sabi's waiting to hear confirmation on Gooigi and Awesome Baby College Hoops content.

TGA gonna be wild.
Okay. I'm calling it...
We're getting an Incredibles 2: Rise of the Underminer Remake alongside a Mr. Incredible fighter for FP5.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I love how everybody within the Nintendo/Smash Twitter verse banded together and had great discussions about leakers in general today, even the main ones were talking about.

Let me tell ya, my TL was going off today!

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
Actual Wants:
Kat- Gravity Rush
2B/A2- Nier Automata or kaine or zero or Nier
Dante- Devil May Cry
Sora- KH
Astral Chain protag
Blazblue/ Guilty Gear rep
Those are my main wants but I have plenty of characters I would be happy with.

Don’t want
Steve Minecraft
Phoenix Wright
Geno
Waluigi
Akuma
Anyone else I would not mind tbh, my lack of want for most of those character is they just don’t interest me I would not be particularly upset if they got in besides Steve but even then I would just ignore his existence and never play him.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
But then we can't know why you want them, and that's the funnest part of asking.
kay, fine, you broke me

ahem... reasons for my top 5
  1. Rhythm Heaven Rep - One of my fav Nintendo franchises. Love the characters, the music, the overall tone. Too bad it's so niche... Maybe a Smash character could help boost it's popularity. I mean, it worked with Fire Emblem, so why not RH?
  2. Steve - Minecraft was a huge part of my gaming life. Got into it and Smash around the same time, so seeing both colide would definilety give me the feels. Also, I'm a historian type of guy. While in no ways necessary, I love when characters get in for their sheer legacy. There's a reason Pac-Man was my most wanted going into 4
  3. Elma - Dual Swords + Dual Swords + Mech = YES PLEASE
  4. Byleth - F!Byleth's a top tier waifu. That's it. the reason. Don't deny it, we've all got that one waifu/husbando pick, even if you're ashamed to admit it. Oh, and I guess the whipsword could bring something new to the table,.
  5. Min Min - Design is top notch, one of the best I've seen for a video game character in a long time. Her kicks and dragon arm would also bring a bit more to the table than Spring Man or Ribbon Girls

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well here’s a minor update from sabi

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The last words may take 1-2 days but about verge is as soon as sabi can

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
People talking about characters they don't want? Hmmm...
slippery.png
Eh it'll be alright.

The character I like are
(*Top 10 most wanted)
*Amaterasu
*Shantae
*Elma
*Sakura
*Sora
*Kat
*Saber
*KOS-MOS
*Rex and Pyra
*Akira Howard
Terra Branford
Blaze the Cat
Freya Crescent
Kilik
Jubei
Tails
Sophitia
Talim
Taki
Lara Croft
Yuri Lowell
Rayman
Ryu Hayabusa
Lloyd

Honorary mention to Lyn, Krystal, Phosphora, and Saki Amamiya.

Characters I don't want:
Steve
Heihachi
Heavyweight characters
FPS characters

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Verge is very stupid for not utilizing Twitter IMO. It's the best, most concise and convenient place for journalism of any kind.

D

Deleted member

kay, fine, you broke me

ahem... reasons for my top 5
  1. Rhythm Heaven Rep - One of my fav Nintendo franchises. Love the characters, the music, the overall tone. Too bad it's so niche... Maybe a Smash character could help boost it's popularity. I mean, it worked with Fire Emblem, so why not RH?
There's a Rhythm Heaven game on the 3ds right? I might check it out. It has that same pick-up-and-play structure I enjoy from WarioWare.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Just a day or two ago, these two leakers were what people held onto as their one ray of hope. How in less than 24 hours have the hounds 'turned on their masters'? Ya'll suddenly singing a different tune than usual. Or is it just being dehydrated of Smash news that the lashing out has begun to use blood as a substitute for water?

Last edited:

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone seem so against Heihachi? If you think he'll just be like any other FGC character converted to Smash, you are grossly wrong and have evidently not played Tekken.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There's a Rhythm Heaven game on the 3ds right? I might check it out. It has that same pick-up-and-play structure I enjoy from WarioWare.
Yep, Rhythm Heaven Megamix. It's a "best of" compilation, mostly made up of games from the previous Rhythm Heaven games. Which is good, because it includes games from the GBA Rhythm Heaven, which was never released in the states.

It has a lot of completely new games too, so I'd say it's definitely worth the cash.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Is things that bad that the cool thing to do now is to list off our never-evers? Just remember, even if it's Verg...

A L L L E A K S A R E B U L L * * * * U N T I L P R O V E N O T H E R W I S E :yoshi:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Why does everyone seem so against Heihachi? If you think he'll just be like any other FGC character converted to Smash, you are grossly wrong and have evidently not played Tekken.
I want him. The most hype third parties to me are fighting game chars.

D

Deleted member

Yep, Rhythm Heaven Megamix. It's a "best of" compilation, mostly made up of games from the previous Rhythm Heaven games. Which is good, because it includes games from the GBA Rhythm Heaven, which was never released in the states.

It has a lot of completely new games too, so I'd say it's definitely worth the cash.
I'll check it out then! Thanks. I got interested in the series thanks to this video

D

Deleted member

I also want to play that game too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom