• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Here’s the chars I don’t want:
Anyone that’s not my most wanted.

Buuuut considering there’s a high chance of that happening, I can’t really complain. Beggars can’t be choosers after all. :p

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
I know that said this before but why do I have an strange feeling that most of the disconfirmed characters will be part of the roster for PlayStation all stars 2 if that game was announced.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
My list of characters I don’t want is always changing, but it always happens to include whatever your favourite character is.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
So long as it's not Kratos, Steve, or Geno, I'm not opposed to whoever it may be.

I wanted Dante/Vergil and 2B but since they're out, can't say I'm interested in anyone else.

All I know is, some will riot, and some will celebrate once the reveal is made.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I don't think I've actually asked, but who do you want in Smash Bros?
My most wanted list is primarily 3rd parties at this point. Since a crossover to this magnitude will never happen again, I hope that the most will be made out of it for the remainder of DLC.

But anyway, here it is.

Monokuma
Phoenix Wright
Doom Slayer
Kratos
Master Chief
Heavy or Gordon Freeman
Dante
Lloyd Irving
Steve
Crash Bandicoot
Ryu Hayabusa
Scorpion
Heihachi

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm all game on any of these being FP5.

Agumon
Amaterasu
Crash Bandicoot
Doom Slayer
Elma
Kat
Kratos (& Atreus)
Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
Phoenix Wright
Ryu Hayabusa

Would say Black Shadow, Leon Powalski, Medusa and Sylux as well but they're unlikely to be FP5.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I have a preference for cartoony or anime chars, so any of those will do since my specific choices are so out there lol.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Characters I don't want (I don't hate any of them, I just find them largely unappealing):

Anyone from Activision Blizzard (because I hate the company; only character I truly don't want is Tracer, because she could potentially be like a Melee spacie but with zoning, and I think that would not be a very good character design)
Any Kirby character that isn't Marx
Any Mario basic enemy type that isn't a Koopa Troopa or Lakitu or something related to those 2
Mach Rider
Kamek
Ryu Hayabusa (I find Ninja Gaiden NES to be poorly aged and the newer ones after the 1st one to be bleh, and DOA is a D-tier fighting game series)

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
My only criteria for want:

Not a real person, and not a character from a game designed to offend.

Beyond that, I'd take literally anything at this point, I'm past the point of caring.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've been given a lot of what I've wanted in like each Smash but post Terry (who was a big want of mine).

My smash wants range from like Falcom (Adol or Rean), Ryu Hayabusa, Shadow (who will not happen in Ultimate), a Dynasty Warriors character, Ragna the Bloodedge and countless others.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Never played Puyo Puyo but I think Arle would be cool. I like her design.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Characters we don't want?

For me:
  • Generic Mooks (Koopa Troopa, Octorok, OK Zoomer)
  • Noun-Verbers (Castle Crasher, Doom Slayer, Monster Hunter, etc.)
  • Create-a-Characters/Avatars (Dovahkin, Chosen Undead, MMO player-character, etc.)
  • Avatar Stand-ins (Derplander, PSO2 Ash, etc.)
  • Characters from a couple of specific series I straight-up don't like to support (We got spirits from one of them, and that's the most I'll say)
  • Typical War Shooter guys (Call of Duty Shooteyman, Battlefield Shooteyman, etc.)
  • Shill picks, unless there's also legacy involved.
Beyond those, there's not a lot I'd actively despise, but there are a lot I'd still be disappointed/annoyed by (Heihachi, Tracer, Steve, etc.)

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
To pass the time, I’ll give out a list of characters that I don’t want at all in the future, FP5 or post pass.

Kos-Mos
Jonesy
Arle
Majority of first party candidates (Waluigi, Bandana Dee, ect)
Any Fire Emblem character
Shantae

What do you all think?
I'm glad that you aren't in charge of the Smash series.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now for characters I don't want.

Anymore Fire Emblem characters
Fortnite rep
Heihachi
Son Goku
Lloyd Irving
Tracer
Undertale rep
Waluigi (He's an Assist! Deal with it!)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
In terms of characters I don't want?

Honestly I trust Sakurai in terms of his selection, even if I don't agree. Plus someone is bound to be happy with each addition. I can't bring myself to "dislike" any possible choice.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Spyro: We need a Quadraped platformer amongst the ranks of Smash.

Phoenix Wright: A Nintendo DS icon and an upstanding franchise of games.

Raziel and Kain from Soul Reaver/Blood Omen: These two are cult classic hits with the capability for an amazing moveset. Owned by Square, the franchise is just waiting for some new projects/representation. The LOK series revolutionized the Open World design of console games at the time with Soul Reaver and made landmark directions with its writing, voice acting and art direction. Horribly underrated.

Sir Daniel Fortesque of MediEvil fame: Following his revival in the mainstream, he deserves another shot at the platforming fighter genre and to be done justice with a huge moveset.

Lu Bu: Koei Tecmo's flagship character of the DW series and absolute legend.

Guess that's my Season Pass 2 wishes with 5 FPs.

D

Deleted member

How was it?
We are making really fun memes over there.

Right now we are working on making the Smash Bros base game roster which each one of us taking the place of a fighter (we didn’t find a good picture that included DLC fighters sadly).

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
No one in particular. After seeing how Sakurai and his team incorporates characters, especially DLC fighters and their universes, I’m totally open to everyone. Even series I haven’t played or have no interest in, just seeing content and fans happy makes me welcome almost any character. Even Steve? And I hate Minecraft

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean honestly there aren't many characters I would turn up my nose to. Some I'm less interested in, like Doom or Dee, but I'd be fine with them, just not really excited.

There are only like two or three viable non-shovelware choices I'd be outright opposed to, but I'd rather not make anyone here sad by saying them.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think this qualifies as an unpopular opinion, but...

I'd take Steve over Geno any day of the week. Minecraft is huge, and I think it's worthy of a character.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For characters that I want to see, Dante, Doomguy, and Geno would be at the top of that list, in no particular order. Rayman or Elma would be great, though I feel like the odds for them might have been better in the base game, and I'd like to see what they could do with Agumon, Travis Touchdown, Amaterasu, or Edelgard (as long as she's not another character with a counter special - I'd like to think that there's enough material in Fire Emblem for them to come up with something original). Honestly, I could go on all day about characters that I'd be interested in; after we got Snake and Bayonetta back, Ridley and K. Rool in the base game, and Banjo and Kazooie in the DLC, I'm not exactly picky.

For characters that I don't want? ...Jonesy from Fortnite? I can't say that I'd be thrilled about Monster Hunter getting in (my only experience with the series was Tri on the Wii, but the gameplay seemed really clunky, and there are at least half a dozen Capcom characters that I'd prefer off the top of my head), but that's all I can think of in terms of semi-realistic picks.

D

Deleted member

Ignoring my top most wanted picks (since they are all in):

>Pauline
>Adeleine
>Mach Rider
>Saber Artoria
>Reimu
>Rundas
>Dragonlord
>Sephiroth
>Viewtiful Joe

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If Lu Bu's grabs were some of his from like Dynasty Warriors 4 or 8, they'd easily be some of the most brutal throws in Smash and it'd be glorious. Also just imagine his massive disjoint haha.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Spyro: We need a Quadraped platformer amongst the ranks of Smash.

Phoenix Wright: A Nintendo DS icon and an upstanding franchise of games.

Raziel and Kain from Soul Reaver/Blood Omen: These two are cult classic hits with the capability for an amazing moveset. Owned by Square, the franchise is just waiting for some new projects/representation. The LOK series revolutionized the Open World design of console games at the time with Soul Reaver and made landmark directions with its writing, voice acting and art direction. Horribly underrated.

Sir Daniel Fortesque of MediEvil fame: Following his revival in the mainstream, he deserves another shot at the platforming fighter genre and to be done justice with a huge moveset.

Guess that's my Season Pass 2 wishes with 5 FPs.
I'll give props on your third and fourth picks in particular.

Regarding, LoK, SE has apparently added the IP to the Square-Enix Collective initiative, so it's now open to indies/external studios as well.
Downside is, I expect this means they have no plans to touch it themselves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now, characters I don’t want in:

yup, it’s nothing

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
If Lu Bu's grabs were some of his from like Dynasty Warriors 4 or 8, they'd easily be some of the most brutal throws in Smash and it'd be glorious. Also just imagine his massive disjoint haha.
I didn't even consider his throws! Now I'm even more eager for his addition, considering that alongside a ridiculous halberd reach.
I'll give props on your third and fourth picks in particular.

Regarding, LoK, SE has apparently added the IP to the Square-Enix Collective initiative, so it's now open to indies/external studios as well.
Downside is, I expect this means they have no plans to touch it themselves.
I heard about this, which is a massive shame. We'll see what the future holds for it but as you implied, it doesn't look fantastic at the moment. The franchise needs a dedicated team of highly skilled devs to really make it work.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Only character I can say I truly against all odds do NOT want in is...

Bubsy. I guess. And any non video game character. Other than that I’ll accept whomever comes my way

It would be real nice if I got either of My Girls and/or my lil octo baby to sweeten the deal tho

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I think this qualifies as an unpopular opinion, but...

I'd take Steve over Geno any day of the week. Minecraft is huge, and I think it's worthy of a character.
Steve is a character from the biggest game of all time while Geno is a side character from a single Mario spinoff from over two decades ago.
I really doubt this is an unpopular opinion lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom