• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
There's a screenshot floating around of a discord convo with Sabi saying her source isn't backing up the "no Bamco" claim. Take that with a massive grain of salt because it's an easy fake.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Even considering all the companies supposedly cut, Duke Nukem and Sam Stone are still fair game, so the path for an FPS rep would actually still be in a pretty good spot.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So what if FP5 is from HAL Laboratory and SMASH theory was right all along?
Joker was from Sakurai's recent favorite game. Hero was from Sakurai's ever beloved series. Banjo was a big thank you to the fans of Smash. And Terry was from the games gave Sakurai the idea of Smash in the first place.
So who's Fighter 5? It's a character from the game that affected Sakurai's entire career path. If this game wasn't born, the first Kirby game might have been totally different or even not existed.
V-MH GLORY from Metal Slader Glory joins the battle!
Alright. I got some additional notes on your theory.

One is this:
https://gonintendo.com/stories/2711...cent-mech-toy-purchase-he-made-teases-that-it

The gun was never used for a fighter in Ultimate, yet the game he was working on was obviously Ultimate. We know for a fact some of the DLC fighters were characters intended for the base game (like Hero).

There is also the matter of the Daemon x Machina spirits. They never came back. The Tetris spirits, which was an event after Daemon x Machina, became regular parts of the spirit board with Terry's update. This is the first time this has ever happened.

Second, there is this:

and

This is a model that was made of the V-MH Glory.

HAL Laboratory owns the rights to Metal Slader not Nintendo.

Sakurai's statement "Its more important that a character be fun to play, not just recognizable"

This is literally a character where you could know nothing about it yet still want to play as it.

By the by, From Software is still alive.
This is the best guess right now assuming that IP does not fall under Namco.

I forgot that Sabi shot down Sora, but if Sabi is not reliable, then Sora is still in the running.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I absolutely love that we've come to a point in speculation where our top contenders are either an indie rep, somebody from EA, or stinkin' Sony of all things

what a time to be alive

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Vergeben wanted an out from the leaker scene and he was doing it by being so wrong that nobody listened to him ever again?

No way that's what's actually happening, but I wouldn't even be mad.

Shroob

Sup?
Alright. I got some additional notes on your theory.

One is this:
https://gonintendo.com/stories/2711...cent-mech-toy-purchase-he-made-teases-that-it

The gun was never used for a fighter in Ultimate, yet the game he was working on was obviously Ultimate. We know for a fact some of the DLC fighters were characters intended for the base game (like Hero).

There is also the matter of the Daemon x Machina spirits. They never came back. The Tetris spirits, which was an event after Daemon x Machina, became regular parts of the spirit board with Terry's update. This is the first time this has ever happened.

Second, there is this:

This is a model that was made of the V-MH Glory.

HAL Laboratory owns the rights to Metal Slader not Nintendo.

Sakurai's statement "Its more important that a character be fun to play, not just recognizable"

This is literally a character where you could know nothing about it yet still want to play as it.

This is the best guess right now assuming that IP does not fall under Namco.

I forgot that Sabi shot down Sora, but if Sabi is not reliable, then Sora is still in the running.
I'm not sure what you're talking about but the Tetris spirits are not part of the Spirit board.

Maybe if you have them, but I dont and I've never seen them despite wasting over 200 rerolls.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Even considering all the companies supposedly cut, Duke Nukem and Sam Stone are still fair game, so the path for an FPS rep would actually still be in a pretty good spot.
Unreal Tournament's Xan Kriegor is also fair game. Epic aren't the publishers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo wtf Tougon is alive.
Yeah, I've been hanging around here for a little while. How are you doing?

I absolutely that we've come to a point in speculation where our top contenders are either an indie rep, somebody from EA, or stinkin' Sony of all things

what a time to be alive
Give me the EA SPORTS

E
and I will never ask for anything ever again.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've lost damn near all of my interest in fighter #5 because of these company massacres, tbh.

Let's just end this **** and move on to post-pass already.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
So at this point we're getting something insanely obscure... or a Sony character. Well, my bets are on Sony now. Welcome to the roster, Rachet and Clank.

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm not sure what you're talking about but the Tetris spirits are not part of the Spirit board.

Maybe if you have them, but I dont and I've never seen them despite wasting over 200 rerolls.
IIRC they were timed exclusives - they might be readded in a later patch.

I know because I missed the DXM ones when they were on the Board.

Yeah, I've been hanging around here for a little while. How are you doing?

Give me the EA SPORTS

E
and I will never ask for anything ever again.

D

Deleted member

I've lost damn near all of my interest in fighter #5 because of these company massacres, tbh.

Let's just end this **** and move on to post-pass already.
Honestly, give me three days to reflect and if so, move all my hopes for a female character next pass, even if my pessimism tells me no and just play Tekken instead. Three days.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
but yeah, for reals, I'm placing my money hard on an Quote now

thought an indie rep would never happen, but Quote sorta seems like a special case

Cave Story is one of the first and most notable modern indies, after all

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Lmao. I refuse to believe a Sony rep is a discussed option for the frontrunners

Seriously. Now I'm starting to think that Verge's source has some bad info, probably because he fell for a leakbait or something. I mean, if Verge (and Sabi) are actually 100% correct I don't know who could it be. Not saying he's wrong with all the companies, but this is too bizarre.

Before Sony I think Quote from Cave Story has a decent chance. For sure it won't be Hollow Knight lol, the timing doesn't help him either.

Has Vergeben deconfirmed Blizzard entirely? I could see Sarah Kerrigan or a Diablo rep in this scenario.

Maybe we're forgetting some japanese franchises that are super obscure outside there?

This is how Guybrush Threepwood can still win
Hey, I think Monkey Island is iconic enough to be in Smash.
Idk if the games are decently popular in Japan, if that's the case I don't think it would be impossible.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
By the by, From Software is still alive.
True, but Dark Souls was published by Bandai Namco. Demons Souls and Bloodborne were published by Sony instead, but I think they're unlikely. It would be awesome to get a Hunter in though!
Sekiro is by Activision as well. Have they even done any other games besides these 4 series?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
You know we're in hell when even Lesley says "At least there's still the next Pass".
Forget Melee Hell. Ultimate DLC Hell is where it's at!

In all seriousness, even if the chances of CP5 being a character I personally like at this point aren't that good, I'm still in this for the bombshell we might get. Will Sony actually get a rep? Will Fate get in despite the naysayers? Who knows.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It's a real shame that EA is, well, EA. Because that lineup is still really really strong. Hell, if they didn't toss away past games like a massive ragdoll they could pull music or even a stage from even Need For Speed and their sports lineup. They'd never put anything real like Messi or Brady into Ultimate, but I could see EA Sports getting something with an EA character.

Still, it might be for the best that they're keeping their distance from Nintendo. People would justifyably have a lot of questions to ask Nintendo if they let EA in.

* Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium twitches and starts typing about Sgt. Cortez.*
If our Smash character is from EA... *Prepares myself to be burned at the stake* I think one of the Javelins from Anthem who be a cool pick especially the interceptor build.
patrik-karlsson-interceptor06.jpg
I really wanted that game to do well. Literally being Iron Man as you traverse a world with wonders waiting to be discovered?...
giphy.gif
I did. I liked this Human Rayla pic better for a profile pic. I also made it my PSN profile pic.
If only she was a video game character, Rayla as character would be great. Dragon Prince is such a good show, I need to get around watching Season 3.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
All my most wanted are dead at this point (except an Hollow Knight rep but the Switch's realese doesn't match with the Fighter Pass so it seems unlikely)

Would love to see Sly Cooper or Sackboy as a Sony rep, but Kratos is a much more logical choice.

So yeah I hope we will know the last fighter in the next days. I don't think I will have the energy to watch VGA considering how long and boring this is. So just drop the name Verg!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Can I just say this has been the craziest part of the speculation cycle for the Fighter's Pass to date because holy ****

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
here let's try to put the rest of the contenders out of the running one by one

first up, EA

Do they own any franchise with a notable global presence

Like is the Sims huge in Japan or something?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Master Chief says Hi
I’m a HUGE Chief supporter & I think he’s the biggest character not in yet. BUT I think a Sony character would be a bigger reveal. Sony hasn’t been playing well with others, while MS obviously has. I think the fact that Chief has become a common name in speculation has stolen some of the craziness his reveal would’ve brought. It’s still be hype but not as crazy as a Sony character.

D

Deleted member

You know we're in hell when even Lesley says "At least there's still the next Pass".
I'm actually serious about this. It's all blurry right now for me.

Forget Melee Hell. Ultimate DLC Hell is where it's at!

In all seriousness, even if the chances of CP5 being a character I personally like at this point aren't that good, I'm still in this for the bombshell we might get. Will Sony actually get a rep? Will Fate get in despite the naysayers? Who knows.
This...is bloody Saturday.

D

Deleted member

I swear, one of the deconfirmed characters are wrong.

Remember what I said about "You should only trust Vergeben if he says a fighter is in"? Well... he's not saying a fighter is in, so this could all be bull**** with a bad source. The companies that don't correlate with Sabi's source could very well not be deconfirmed like we're thinking. Food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom