• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

here let's try to put the rest of the contenders out of the running one by one

first up, EA

Do they own any franchise with a notable global presence

Like is the Sims huge in Japan or something?
Does FIFA count? Are we getting Cristiano Ronaldo to appeal to (parts of) Spain?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I swear, one of the deconfirmed characters are wrong.

Remember what I said about "You should only trust Vergeben if he says a fighter is in"? Well... he's not saying a fighter is in, so this could all be bull**** with a bad source. Food for thought.
My thoughts exactly. I'm still betting on Jonesy.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't know guys.... if Verge is actually right on this. It seems nuts that he just deconfirms all these companies. And so far only Sabi has been 100% right about the DLC, and they outright said they never heard anything about Namco being gone. I have a feeling Verge may have some bad info.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This can't be right, but from what I've seen Battlefield 4 and 1 topped Japanese sales charts when they debuted, while V didn't bomb.

So apparently they dig that?

D

Deleted member

I don't know guys.... if Verge is actually right on this. It seems nuts that he just deconfirms all these companies. And so far only Sabi has been 100% right about the DLC, and they outright said they never heard anything about Namco being gone. I have a feeling Verge may have some bad info.
I've never got an answer about this. What has Sabi ever gotten right? I genuinely don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
After this I'm not gonna be surprised if we get Joker'd by this next character.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well, this certainly is interesting! I guess it's likelier to be a Sony character than anything else at this point.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Source for Sabi's comment on Namco?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
At this point Sabi's source just needs to say who they heard, this whole deconfirmation mess started with him saying who it wasn't and now look where we are.

D

Deleted member

At this point Sabi's source just needs to say who they heard, this whole deconfirmation mess started with him saying who it wasn't and now look where we are.
He's got the dudes working with TGA on his ass.

D

Deleted member

Last character is Sora and VeggieTales sneaks by on a technicality.

And yeah, sabi whatever, but I still don't know what, if anything, they've ever got.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I posted a list. It may not have been comprehensive, and it certainly is not the best list around, but I still think it was a pretty good list.

I'm tired of posting the list. :-(
I got you.
  • Idea Factory
  • NCSoft
  • Nexon
  • Jagex
  • THQ Nordic
  • Kadokawa Games
  • Riot Games
  • Natsume-Atari
  • Natsume Inc.
  • Cooking Mama Limited
  • Majesco/LMG
  • Disney/LucasArts
  • Shanghai Manjuu
  • Quintet (if it still exists in any form...)
  • Warp
  • Nicalis
  • Mages
  • Key
  • Nitroplus
  • Nightdive Studios
  • Random Indies
  • Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
  • Valve
  • CD Projekt Red
  • Type Moon
  • Cygames
  • 5th Cell
  • Sony
Maybe 2nd parties as well.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
You know we're in hell when even Lesley says "At least there's still the next Pass".
Part of me enjoys this hell, because no matter which character gets in (deconned or not) there's going to be loud questions flung at someone.

I might be going delusional too - hell might be my drug. Otherwise I wouldn't post FIFA music - specifically the song "Can't Get Enough".

Does FIFA count? Are we getting Cristiano Ronaldo to appeal to (parts of) Spain?
MFW Nintendo winds up licensing Juventus for Smash when EA lost that license for FIFA this year.

So that's where it went! :4pacman:

After this I'm not gonna be surprised if we get Joker'd by this next character.
No matter who it is I feel we're getting Joker'd - whether FP5 winds up being a disconfirmed character or not.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Source for Sabi's comment on Namco?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I haven't seen any other post on the matter.

But yeah, Sabi is only saying what their source is saying, and honestly I want to be surprised, but still, I think they should say something more about all these things from Verge. I belive they have totally different sources.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Depressed that it ain't gonna be a Rhythm Paradise character...

Anyone think the Sakurai comment "working on the DLC a little bit longer" might be worrying? Or is that too literal into things?

D

Deleted member

No matter who it is I feel we're getting Joker'd - disconfirmed
I doubt it coz everyone's calling dibs on one character anyway. And besides, it has to be someone we might not have discussed.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
About Sony, don't want to be that guy but if for some reason it's really Sony no doubt it's gonna be Kratos. The only option besides him is Nathan Drake.
I'd love Ratchet and Kat as well. The first one at least makes sense because Ratchet is still relevant and has appeared on all Playstation consoles since his debut on the PS2, but Kat has only appeared on Vita and PS4, her franchise seems to be finished and she's not really that popular to became the Sony rep.

Again, I love Gravity Rush and Ratchet & Clank as a franchises, but no way it's happening. Even if Sakurai asks for them when talking to Sony, I seriously doubt Sony would accept. They would want to be represented by some of their more well known characters (like any other company I guess). Ratchet has a chance there, but that's it.

Kratos is the closest thing to a Playstation mascot and the most well known character from their IPs. In terms of moveset Kratos is not really that far behind from characters like Dante in terms of possibilities. Only with the iconic Blades of Chaos you have a really cool concept. Then you have the Leviathan Axe, which works like Thor's hammer.

But again, I refuse to believe Sony is likely lmao

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I swear, one of the deconfirmed characters are wrong.

Remember what I said about "You should only trust Vergeben if he says a fighter is in"? Well... he's not saying a fighter is in, so this could all be bull**** with a bad source. The companies that don't correlate with Sabi's source could very well not be deconfirmed like we're thinking. Food for thought.
Yeah, at this point I'm not going to be surprised at all if the character is from a disconfirmed company. Nintendo leak baited pretty hard last TGA and with the success of the Joker reveal I bet they are putting out even more misdirection this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In terms of moveset Kratos is not really that far behind from characters like Dante in terms of possibilities. Only with the iconic Blades of Chaos you have a really cool concept. Then you have the Leviathan Axe, which works like Thor's hammer
Competitive Smash: My time has come...

D

Deleted member

Part of me enjoys this hell, because no matter which character gets in (deconned or not) there's going to be loud questions flung at someone.

I might be going delusional too - hell might be my drug. Otherwise I wouldn't post FIFA music - specifically the song "Can't Get Enough".

MFW Nintendo winds up licensing Juventus for Smash when EA lost that license for FIFA this year.

So that's where it went! :4pacman:

No matter who it is I feel we're getting Joker'd - whether FP5 winds up being a disconfirmed character or not.
Yo, I didn't know that PES got the exclusive rights to Juventus! That's so wack!

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I doubt the source for any leaker could know who it is. Geoff specifically said yesterday on a video AMA on Twitter that he was the only member of the Game Awards crew to know who was being revealed at the show that night (last year), and that Nintendo gave him the trailer only a week or two before the show.

This is still assuming the trailer is shown at TGAs of course. If Verge is correct about Sony being the main big name left, what if they reveal it at State of Play instead? It would be the biggest swerve yet.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I still don't know if I'm prepared for the scenario where Sony's name is listed among the copyright list of companies collaborating on Smash.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

But yeah, Sabi is only saying what their source is saying, and honestly I want to be surprised, but still, I think they should say something more about all these things from Verge. I belive they have totally different sources.
I have a feeling Sabi’s friend is Harada’s friend... It sounds pretty disgusting, but it makes sense.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If Kratos really does get in Smash, he better not be ****ing busted like he was in PlayStation All Stars.

"HADES AWAITS!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, at this point I'm not going to be surprised at all if the character is from a disconfirmed company. Nintendo leak baited pretty hard last TGA and with the success the Joker reveal I bet they are putting out even more misdirection this time.
That or it could just be a Nintendo newcomer. I can't really imagine all of these companies we're thinking about are going to get in.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

So there is this, which could easily be photoshopped and shouldn't be taken as real until Sabi confirms is.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Yeah, at this point I'm not going to be surprised at all if the character is from a disconfirmed company. Nintendo leak baited pretty hard last TGA and with the success the Joker reveal I bet they are putting out even more misdirection this time.
Especially if it’s a a Namco character.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I doubt the source for any leaker could know who it is. Geoff specifically said yesterday on a video AMA on Twitter that he was the only member of the Game Awards crew to know who was being revealed at the show that night (last year), and that Nintendo gave him the trailer only a week or two before the show.

This is still assuming the trailer is shown at TGAs of course. If Verge is correct about Sony being the main big name left, what if they reveal it at State of Play instead? It would be the biggest swerve yet.
Don't think so. There's no way Smash would appear in a State of Play.
People discussed the same for Banjo being announced at Microsoft's E3.

I also doubt a Sony character would be announced in a regular direct. In that regard the Game Awards is the scenario that makes more sense because it's neutral territory. And well Geoff didn't lie if the character is really a Sony one, because that didn't leak.

Untouch

Smash Master
With Valve not out (only Gordon), there is small precedent for them being #5.

According to VNN, Valve was approached by Nintendo to make a HL Tactics game, but the game got cancelled in Valve fashion.

The same source that said that also detailed the Switch Lite (even down the certain games not working on the Lite, Tyler thought itd be download only but that was just speculation.

I mean I have no idea who else they'd go for besides Gordon. Heavy? Chell I don't think would work.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Trying to think about who's left:
  • Saber
  • Sony rep
  • Team Fortress rep
  • Chell
  • Sub-Zero
  • Mobile games rep (?)
  • League of Legends rep
  • Dota 2 rep
  • Geralt (can't believe I forgot him)
  • Borderlands rep
  • Bioshock rep
You forgot Rockstar reps too.
I guess that means Arthur Morgan is on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom