• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
We could always moan about how my favorite franchise was done more dirty than your favorite franchise again.
all im saying is that Gex is way better than red-cap Stalin and he should've been in the game over Mario #7.

I'm right and anyone who dares disagree with me is a big old DOO-DOO-DUNDER-HEAD.

I.D.

Smash Lord
People really overstate how much waifu culture actually helped the game when it had nothing to do with it's success.
It's not really hard to make a pattern of it to be honest.

Every FE pre-Awakening had no self-insert unit who could date your other units: let's just say they didn't have impressive sales
Awakening: had self-insert unit who could date your other units. Success.
Fates: had self-insert unit who could date your other units. Success.
Echoes: had no self-insert unit who could date your other units. Flop.
Three Houses: had self-insert unit who could date your other units. Success.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
ANYWAY

what if... we got a direct this week, to sort of celebrate Ultimate's 1 year anniversary a bit earlier (the 7th unfortunately falls on a Saturday) and FP5 is released then and there, while TGA shows off the first post pass/season 2 character?
That would honestly be the best outcome, and one I think is possible, if not the most likely.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Every FE pre-Awakening had no self-insert unit who could date your other units: let's just say they didn't have impressive sales
Well yeah, you can shape the narrative however you want when you eliminate 90% of the context.

Correlation does not imply causation.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'll gladly settle for a discussion like this over whatever the **** happened last night.
You mean you didn't appreciate wise-sage TPC?

1503544997_1486461000472.jpg

Your argument rn:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That would imply Echoes was a flop which it wasn't. Honestly I suspect you're an alt

Also ARMS is supposed to have a comic come out soon but it seems to be getting delayed so often it's likely cancelled so call that a success I guess

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm just saying that Ultimate is the best selling Smash game and it has Vince from Art Academy.

Come on, it can't be a coincidence.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm just saying that Ultimate is the best selling Smash game and it has Vince from Art Academy.

Come on, it can't be a coincidence.
it's not just the best selling Smash game

it's now also THE BEST SELLING FIGHTING GAME OF ALL TIME, DETHRONING STREET FIGHTER II.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Heres something we can all agree on:

Corrin is the worst addition in Smash Bros history.

That's a mighty subjective statement you're making there. Such a statement shouldn't be passed off as fact when it can be disagreed with.

D

Deleted member

Heres something we can all agree on:

Corrin is the worst addition in Smash Bros history.
Nah. I don't like PPlant more. Plus you can argue echoes are the worst addition because they don't add unique movesets. Also something about opinions.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Such a statement shouldn't be passed off as fact when it can be disagreed with.

Maybe the statement is my perspective, and therefore a fact that I feel this way.

Also I'm right so its a general fact

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Man Fire Emblem really brings out the worst in Smash stans, doesn't it? I can't imagine getting seething mad at the mere mention of a bideo game franchise which, let's be real, most of yall have never played, but that's just me.

D

Deleted member

-Corrin is a good character in Smash- the man who finds Roy as the best lord and unironically enjoys Frozen.

Jokes aside, people are free to like any character they want.

D

Deleted member

Y'know sometimes I just want to enjoy being a fan of Banjo in peace but then the bad ones come in here and I feel near-immediate shame
*whenever someone posts classic bait and people respond*
I will always take the chance to post Big Lebowski
Always

Sysreq

Smash Ace
ANYWAY

what if... we got a direct this week, to sort of celebrate Ultimate's 1 year anniversary a bit earlier (the 7th unfortunately falls on a Saturday) and FP5 is released then and there, while TGA shows off the first post pass/season 2 character?
I think this is possible and I would gladly welcome it lol However I think FP5 will still be released in January. Other possibility being FP5 revealed at TGA and post-pass character revealed during their release presentation or a Jan direct (I think one happens in Jan).

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Trolling
Y'know sometimes I just want to enjoy being a fan of Banjo in peace but then the bad ones come in here and I feel near-immediate shame
"bad banjo fans"

please send the 10 commandments of Banjo fandom my way. I'm assuming youre a boomer so you can fax it over

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Dude, we talked about this.

Smash fans' opinions are objective unless they are also Fire Emblem fans.
I respect everyone's opinions! It's just if you don't have the exact same opinions as me, I hate you and I hope you die.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
If you asked me whether I wanted Tiki or Corrin as the playable Manakete unit in Smash, I'd go with the former, but that's just me. People don't like Corrin due to the writing in Fates and because their inclusion in Smash 4 DLC ended up being a bit premature but at the end of the day their moveset is still plenty fun so I can't really call them the worst addition to the game.

The actual worst addition to the game is Mario. Dude has some real boring platforming games and I swear he's EVERYWHERE, I'm so sick of not being able to look two inches left or right without seeing that failure of a plumber. Just cut him and make him an alternate costume for Dr. Mario, then everyone is happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just ask yourself, what would Banjo and Kazooie do?

They would order a large pizza.

Dude, we talked about this.

Smash fans' opinions are objective unless they are also Edelgard fans.
Fixed that for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I respect everyone's opinions! It's just if you don't have the exact same opinions as me, I hate you and I hope you die.
No joke, sometime this week I was having a peaceful talk on a YouTube livestream about movies.

But the moment I said "I like Frozen 2 quite a lot" I got shamed by everyone and compared to a 12 years old girl.

The internet does suck a bit.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
ANYWAY

Another similar possibility, one that's slightly more likely: We do get a Direct this week... but instead of a Smash focused one, it's a general Direct focusing on what Nintendo Switch games, titles, and DLC to expect in 2020. Smash Ultimate's anniversary gets acknowledged, Fighter 5 is revealed and set to release in February, and we get some details on "Fighters Pass 2" but no character reveals for it.

Following that, at the Game Awards, we'll see the reveal of the first "Fighters Pass 2" character, with a release set for "Coming 2020".

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem owes its revival to having good marketing, becoming more accessible and allowing players to explore more in the way of character interactions in one playthrough. Saying it's a success because of waifus or "it's a dating sim" is reductionist and ignores the fact that actual dating sims and otaku games are still really niche because the market for that isn't big at all.
Man Fire Emblem really brings out the worst in Smash stans, doesn't it? I can't imagine getting seething mad at the mere mention of a bideo game franchise which, let's be real, most of yall have never played, but that's just me.
they are mad that it is the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom