• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah and Splatoon is the exception. Most of Nintendo's newer IPs they left to die wish they got even half of the promotion Splatoon got. Wonderful 101 should have hade frozen yogurt dammit
Isn't Wonderful 101 technically owned by Platinum Games?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Wouldn't it be called XCX2 tho? You got your mainline Xenoblade with the original, 2 and Torna, and then there's the X Line(TM)

Isn't Wonderful 101 technically owned by Platinum Games?
No, I was (jokingly) implying that Xenoblade Chronicles 3 could be a direct sequel to XC2, which in turn would keep Rex relevant for the next Smash game.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
“Hey Rex! We’re sorry we couldn’t make you playable but we’ll make you a costume that comes for free when people buy the pass! Spring Man? All you get is an Assist Trophy and some spirits of your friends, bye.”

ARMS was done SO dirty ;-;
At least until Dr. Coyle experiments on the competition.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
seeing how much divided most of us are..i already know that the next character reveal is going to end up being a saltfest 1 way or another lol
ive been saying this

the only logical step for Nintendo is to delete Terry and end the DLC with Banjo-Kazooie. Literally everybody wins

D

Deleted member

Yeah and Splatoon is the exception. Most of Nintendo's newer IPs they left to die wish they got even half of the promotion Splatoon got. Wonderful 101 should have hade frozen yogurt dammit
Wonderful 101 was good but it had the unfortunate problem of being on the Wii U.
ARMS is on a significantly more successful console, by most accounts sold well and received almost as much post-launch support that many of Nintendo's other online multiplayer games have. It's not guaranteed to get a sequel but I wouldn't be surprised if it came back

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
ARMS has the firepower to do well. Nintendo and more importantly the people making the sequel need to realize that they can't rely on a few stages and online for it to succeed. They need to flesh it out with some type of single-player adventure mode like Splatoon's.

D

Deleted member

ive been saying this

the only logical step for Nintendo is to delete Terry and end the DLC with Banjo-Kazooie. Literally everybody wins
But I want my saltfest! Delete Terry and Banjo so we can end on Hoes Mad.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
ive been saying this

But I want my saltfest! Delete Terry and Banjo so we can end on Hoes Mad.
Delete Hoes Mad and Joker.
The Plant is the end.
How about we delete every character in the game except Mario so we can end on Mario and just call the game Super Mario Bros.

Wait....

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
No, actual marketing is what saved it.
Casual Mode making it more accessible is definitely a reason as well.

People really overstate how much waifu culture actually helped the game when it had nothing to do with it's success. People just like using it as a way to deflect because "hue hue, Fiah Umblum bad lul".

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
smh I can't believe y'all are falling for some classic bait. Guess we're really out of topics to discuss here huh?

baitNOPE.png

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
ive been saying this

I want my never ever, Sgt. Cortez to get in though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ANYWAY

what if... we got a direct this week, to sort of celebrate Ultimate's 1 year anniversary a bit earlier (the 7th unfortunately falls on a Saturday) and FP5 is released then and there, while TGA shows off the first post pass/season 2 character?

D

Deleted member

We could always moan about how my favorite franchise was done more dirty than your favorite franchise again.
Hero, Banjo and Terry are all lower on the tier list than Joker so Sakurai clearly hates them and is biased towards Persona

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
ARMS has the firepower to do well. Nintendo and more importantly the people making the sequel need to realize that they can't rely on a few stages and online for it to succeed. They need to flesh it out with some type of single-player adventure mode like Splatoon's.
So, a single player adventure that’d be similar to that of Splatoon would be kind of like a third person shooter except that you’re just punching everything to death? It’d be a pretty interesting take on the formula.

I think one thing they should consider is increasing the number of options the characters have, so that you have more than just left punch, right punch, and grab. While there is already a lot of nuance to the ways you can use those limited options, understandably it gets kinda boring for a lot of people (including myself TBH.) The only thing I can think of that doesn’t really alter the way the game currently works too much is allowing the player to switch out their ARMS anytime and not just at the start of a round. They should also consider a way for there to be more combos; you want the player to get the satisfying feeling of opening an opponent up and getting many hits out of it, so there should be combos beyond just the one-two punch, the electric stun or ice freeze combo, or the Yabuki combo on certain stages only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom