• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
How about something dumb for a bit?

This roster is something I've been personally putting together for fun, but since we have no idea who Fighter 5 is at this point, let's see if we can pinpoint who it may be based on my godawful creation. I personally believe it's down to these guys.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Sora
4. Spyro
5. Sol Badguy
6. Geno's Mii Costume
If your most wanted character is not on this image you're lying or they don't exist yet.
This reminds me of a fake Melee roster that I saw years and years ago:
d85a793832e017e1b41f004f4fe426de.jpg

D

Deleted member

And here is the thing, at the end of the day its a forum, you can choose to read conversations or not as well as to reply or ignore people. The constant call outs get annoying due to being a person that has repeatedly known doesn't learn, the need for multiple users calling them out in mass and just dragging the conversation. Just a couple of pages a lot of the users were hyped about the possibility, they can just simply keep getting hyped and just ignore, if it gets annoying just report and that's it.
Fair enough. Call out culture hasn't really been working hasn't it?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

This roster is something I've been personally putting together for fun, but since we have no idea who Fighter 5 is at this point, let's see if we can pinpoint who it may be based on my godawful creation. I personally believe it's down to these guys.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Sora
4. Spyro
5. Sol Badguy
6. Geno's Mii Costume
If your most wanted character is not on this image you're lying or they don't exist yet.
*sees Juju*

Ah, the one Xenoblade rep that we truly need in this game.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
So I've seen Arle and Sakura brought up a lot as potential candidates, so if Sega candidates are apparently on the table, you know what this means...
C373E2DD-3840-4BF7-ABB6-5B61B6EC52A3.gif

Anyway here's how Kiryu can still win

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Sora
4. Spyro
5. Sol Badguy
6. Geno's Mii Costume
Me looking at this image trying to figure out what the hell is going on:
D4539521-A27F-42EB-84C6-9A701475D8D5.jpeg

Noah fense, but seeing insanely massive fan rosters like this makes me glad there's a limit for how many characters can be in the game because good god this would be a nightmare to navigate.

D

Deleted member

images (13).jpeg

@ryumo the Zekenator @Bolderousness Hinata Hinata Lamperouge Lamperouge

I understand you all, but I'm just gonna walk out the door if everything here will only be worse when I'm around.

I know I've been a big jerk who wouldn't accept getting myself called out, but...I let my emotions cloud my judgment. I've been fighting for an opinion that literally no one will accept. I've ruined everyone's fun, criticizing their choices and telling them that my opinions were better, but in fact, I came off as a jerk who only cared about her personal bubble and not accept everyone else's opinion. Everyone in the Geno thread hates me, everyone in the Doom thread hates me, and just...all of you ****ing hate me. All for my simple opinion of female characters.

I don't know what to do anymore. What else do I have left? I'm done. I'm just...done.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So most of us are of the mindset that the most likely reveal will take place at the VGAs, but when do you think the actual reveal will happen during the show? I hope it's 1 of the first things shown at the Game Awards.
The Joker reveal was one of the last things shown off as far as announcements went from last year! I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for last again.

Also, from what I remember of the Easy Allies podcast that was focused on recapping the Game Awards apparently the Joker reveal was titled the “Grand Slam” on the order of the announcements from the call sheet of announcements. So, I can Nintendo taking that slot again, especially if it’s another big character.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
View attachment 249168

I understand you all, but I'm just gonna walk out the door if everything here will only be worse when I'm around.

I know I've been a big jerk who wouldn't accept getting myself called out, but...I let my emotions cloud my judgment. I've been fighting for an opinion that literally no one will accept. I've ruined everyone's fun, criticizing their choices and telling them that my opinions were better, but in fact, I came off as a jerk who only cared about her personal bubble and not accept everyone else's opinion. Everyone in the Geno thread hates me, everyone in the Doom thread hates me, and just...all of you ****ing hate me. All for my simple opinion of female characters.

I don't know what to do anymore. What else do I have left? I'm done. I'm just...done.
I don't think anyone hates you for that. I don't think anyone hates you period. But you do get emotional and a bit combative and that does get under people's skin.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
You know what. I'm gonna do a little goddamn math.
Even well known leakers occasionally get things wrong, which is why I always give Sabi and Vergeben leaks 90% likelihood.
So ONLY BETWEEN Sabi and Vergeben, can someone give me a FULL LIST of "deconfirmed" characters.
Assuming each one has a 90% chance of being real, the law of compound probability would state that if we take .90^(however many characters are supposedly deconfirmed) and subtract that number from 1.00, then we will have the theoretical probability of character 5 actually being one of the deconfirmed characters.
If you need a list of deconfirmed ****, I have one here (Not included is Resident Evil and Monster Hunter stuff because that was not based on leakers)
  • Rex (not based on leakers, just the fact that he's a mii costume you get for buying the pass)
  • Scorpion
  • Ryu
  • Crash
  • Geno
  • Doomslayer
  • Tracer
  • Arthur
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Dante
  • Pajama Sam
  • Any Nippon Ichi Characters
  • Any Ubisoft Characters
  • Any Falcon Characters
  • Lloyd Irving (and any Tales characters)
  • Any Level-5 Characters
  • Any Bandai Namco Characters

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Sora
4. Spyro
5. Sol Badguy
6. Geno's Mii Costume
6 Yoshi reps is the true answer. A playable Goonie is waiting in the works :yoshi:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 249168

We don’t care that you want female characters, it’s when you try to gatekeep speculation and harp on others’ picks or put ‘em down (like you did or kinda did in the Geno thread) that ticks people off. And whenever someone gets excited for a character possibility that isn’t female, you basically try to get them to hush.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fair enough. Call out culture hasn't really been working hasn't it?
Here is the thing, most of what I've seen here from call out culture pretty much involves pointing the flaws of the others in a way that other people notice them which I'm also guilty of. I've only seen pretty few people actually make an effort to try and talk to the problematic users which is what would actually help, but at the same time remember we are in the internet so just like I mentioned before it is easy to ignore if the other person is not willing to accept help.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Sakurai:
View attachment 249170

How many characters even are there?
20 x
My dude, you didn’t give a crap until Vergeben said Namco was out and even said you’d believe it if Sabi said it, and some of the stuff you say is a big reach. We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, so don’t act like you do (some of what you claim even goes against what leakbait actually is like if we base stuff off of what leakers like Verg and other insiders imply) and that you know perfectly well what Sakurai was thinking, too. There’s not enough to analyze from him to actually make any reasonable assumptions.
Surprising **** happens. What if the second cat post and the overwatch leak were true and Verge and Sabi were played out by Namco trolling? I’m actually doubting both Sabi and Verge because Sakurai and Namco have a great amount of potential to screw with the findings of a specific fighter, fighter #5.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
How about accept that people don't believe the same things you do and that they aren't wrong or evil because of it? Or learn to read the tone of posts so you don't attack people who have genuine hopes or are joking?

A little bit of empathy and critical thinking goes a long way.

That like better mean you're going to do this.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
20 x

Surprising **** happens. What if the second cat post and the overwatch leak were true and Verge and Sabi were played out by Namco trolling? I’m actually doubting both Sabi and Verge because Sakurai and Namco have a great amount of potential to screw with the findings of a specific fighter, fighter #5.
Okay, so why didn’t they do the same for every other character? And why don’t they do it behind the scenes like companies who send out false leads to their employees always do? I’m not following your logic at all and it’s starting to feel like those theories regarding the scenery behind Sakurai during base-game speculation (which even I fell for tbh but now I know better).

Yes, surprises can happen, but there’s absolutely nothing that we can base what you’re saying on without making Sakurai sound like he actually would hint by using his set’s furniture.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about accept that people don't believe the same things you do and that they aren't wrong or evil because of it? Or learn to read the tone of posts so you don't attack people who have genuine hopes or are joking?

A little bit of empathy and critical thinking goes a long way.
We don’t care that you want female characters, it’s when you try to gatekeep speculation and harp on others’ picks or put ‘em down (like you did or kinda did in the Geno thread) that ticks people off. And whenever someone gets excited for a character possibility that isn’t female, you basically try to get them to hush.

So what, am I truly worse than any other Smash fan? I'm pathetic. I'm stubborn. I'm a sorry ass *****. Every time you people call me out, it's like I did any offense in this forum.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
View attachment 249168

Nobody hates you for wanting female characters. If anyone hates you, it's because you treat people like ****. But if you can't tell the difference, I honestly think it's better that you just peace out.

I think people are giving you way too much of the benefit of the doubt for someone who has repeatedly threatened to rant so much that the thread has to be locked. Be grateful for that, and maybe channel that into a little change of attitude, will ya?

One last thing: respond to messages like you actually read them. Otherwise you're being rude.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If you need a list of deconfirmed ****, I have one here (Not included is Resident Evil and Monster Hunter stuff because that was not based on leakers)
  • Rex (not based on leakers, just the fact that he's a mii costume you get for buying the pass)
  • Scorpion
  • Ryu
  • Crash
  • Geno
  • Doomslayer
  • Tracer
  • Arthur
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Dante
  • Pajama Sam
  • Any Nippon Ichi Characters
  • Any Ubisoft Characters
  • Any Falcon Characters
  • Lloyd Irving (and any Tales characters)
  • Any Level-5 Characters
  • Any Bandai Namco Characters
Ok. I'm not counting Rex due to it not being a leak or Pajama Sam due to... obvious reasons. Also including Lloyd as part of the overall Namco-Bandai deconfirmation.
That being said, that's 14 deconfirmations.
So let us say that each one is 90% reliable.
So .90^14≈23% chance that ALL deconfirmations are true.
Which means that based on compound probability, we have a 77% chance that one of the deconfirmed characters is in (or not in, but falsely deconfirmed, which is likely).

Take that as you will, my fellow speculators.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Okay, so why didn’t do the same for every other character? And why don’t they do it behind the scenes like companies who send out false leads to their employees always do? I’m not following your logic at all and it’s starting to feel like those theories regarding the scenery behind Sakurai during base-game speculation (which even I fell for tbh but now I know better).
It’s just people specifically are trying to find fighter #5. It’s easier to set up traps in places you know where the leaker is going to end up.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Everyone in the Geno thread hates me, everyone in the Doom thread hates me, and just...all of you ****ing hate me. All for my simple opinion of female characters.

People don't hate you in those threads, they were just getting irritated with the emotional fit you threw when the Mii costume leak was a thing. You also were implying people were sexist and misogynistic just because their top wishlist characters didn't include any females in it (Including me which I am still waiting for an apology for since I was quite offended by such a claim) which was then followed by constant, "hype responsibly" or gatekeeping the characters on why they wouldn't come instead of just letting people have fun speculating. It just ends up coming off as toxic, even if that isn't your intention at all.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s just people specifically are trying to find fighter #5. It’s easier to set up traps in places you know where the leaker is going to end up.
Except they don’t know who their sources are (at least, they wouldn’t from their posts), so they can’t set a good trap. And if they knew who their sources were, they wouldn’t feed them false info, they’d immediately sack them.

And as I said before, they can figure out what’s bait and what’s not.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Ok. I'm not counting Rex due to it not being a leak or Pajama Sam due to... obvious reasons. Also including Lloyd as part of the overall Namco-Bandai deconfirmation.
That being said, that's 14 deconfirmations.
So let us say that each one is 90% reliable.
So .90^14≈23% chance that ALL deconfirmations are true.
Which means that based on compound probability, we have a 77% chance that one of the deconfirmed characters is in (or not in, but falsely deconfirmed, which is likely).

Take that as you will, my fellow speculators.
The “deconfirmations” are ridiculously drastic if you ask me. They begin pretty small and the they gotten too big.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 249168

I don't hate you or your desire to see more female characters join the roster. Hell, the bulk of my most wanted characters are female so it'd be mighty hypocritical of me to judge you based on that.

What I do mind is how you feel the need to stomp all over characters that you aren't particularly fond of just to fuel some agenda. If you learn to accept that other people will have different opinions than you and aren't in the wrong for doing so, I'll be willing to forgive your actions.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
This reminds me of a fake Melee roster that I saw years and years ago:
View attachment 249172
Ah I remember those massive Melee fan rosters from 2007. Honestly I'm conflicted about these because the gaming nerd in me is like "yes, cram in as many important video game characters as possible," but the Graphic Design major in me is thinking "this would be an over-stimulating cluttered mess and a nightmare to navigate, let's not slap a bajillion characters on the CSS."

D

Deleted member

Here is the thing, most of what I've seen here from call out culture pretty much involves pointing the flaws of the others in a way that other people notice them which I'm also guilty of. I've only seen pretty few people actually make an effort to try and talk to the problematic users which is what would actually help, but at the same time remember we are in the internet so just like I mentioned before it is easy to ignore if the other person is not willing to accept help.
Any attempt to peacefully communicate is usually buried under like 5 other people who want an immediate solution. Even when the post isn't buried, like when Tehponycorn gave a huge speech offering Lesley solutions on how to channel her wants into something more positive and healthy, we didn't see any signs of change. I've tried talking privately to hear them out, but it didn't change anything. I've tried ignoring, but it's hard to ignore the thread responding to an invisible user I know who exactly it is.

At this point, it'll continue unless everybody takes action, the mods takes action, or Lesley takes action. Or we can just keep having the same ol' debates over and over again. Who knows? I'll go back to ignoring posts now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calane

Smash Ace
I’ll laugh if it transpires that “Jane” is FP5.
"Jane" was supposed to have a ponytail, right? Arle has a ponytail.

"Jane" was also said to be connected to Joker in some way, correct? Both Joker and Arle are owned by Sega.

"Jane" being FP5 could possibly mean one thing...

thumb-1920-901104.jpg Arle confirmed!

I'm joking, obviously.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Any attempt to peacefully communicate is usually buried under like 5 other people who want an immediate solution. Even when the post isn't buried, like when Tehponycorn gave a huge speech offering Lesley solutions on how to channel her wants into something more positive and healthy, we didn't see any signs of change. I've tried talking privately to hear them out, but it didn't change anything. I've tried ignoring, but it's hard to ignore the thread responding to an invisible user I know who exactly it is.

At this point, it'll continue unless everybody takes action or the mods do. Or we can just keep having the same ol' debates over and over again. Who knows? I'll go back to ignoring posts now.
This board is a bojack season.

D

Deleted member

"Jane" was supposed to have a ponytail, right? Arle has a ponytail.

"Jane" was also said to be connected to Joker in some way, correct? Both Joker and Arle are owned by Sega.

"Jane" being FP5 could possibly mean one thing...

View attachment 249175Arle confirmed!

I'm joking, obviously.
Speaking of Arle, check out this drawing of her if you didn't see it! It made me turn around on her design and now I actually like her.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
"this would be an over-stimulating cluttered mess and a nightmare to navigate, let's not slap a bajillion characters on the CSS."
I thought that was the most fun part of those images, though. There's something pleasing yet terrifying about seen so many things cluttered in a very small canvas (a 3840x2160 canvas but hey it's comparatively small to the images).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Lesley had one bad day a month ago.
No reason to gang up on her every time she has a controversial opinion.
I've talked to her privately about her personal issues.
Please take it from me to just avoid personal insults. You're just going to make her feel bad.

D

Deleted member

Nobody hates you for wanting female characters. If anyone hates you, it's because you treat people like ****. But if you can't tell the difference, I honestly think it's better that you just peace out.

I think people are giving you way too much of the benefit of the doubt for someone who has repeatedly threatened to rant so much that the thread has to be locked. Be grateful for that, and maybe channel that into a little change of attitude, will ya?

One last thing: respond to messages like you actually read them. Otherwise you're being rude.
I just let my emotions do the talking sometimes. It's my problem that I have been dealing with, and I let it seep into this forum.

I don't hate you or your desire to see more female characters join the roster. Hell, the bulk of my most wanted characters are female so it'd be mighty hypocritical of me to judge you based on that.

What I do mind is how you feel the need to stomp all over characters that you aren't particularly fond of just to fuel some agenda. If you learn to accept that other people will have different opinions than you and aren't in the wrong for doing so, I'll be willing to forgive your actions.
I do it out of empathy. I just want to let them know how I feel. I just don't want to be left out or anything. Well, I am sorry, but I'll try my best to accept that.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I remember when that one made the rounds, This is the original mega roster I remember seeing back in the day

Also lol only 2 Fire Emblem characters
Notice how there's a certain Farmer included in this image? And holy **** Wizpig. The taste jumped out! Also, my God the Zelda love. This list is my dreams, if they went a mite bit too far. And by that I mean a lot. We don't need that many. But I still love it.

Interestingly, a far as I can tell most all of the 3rd parties in this roster have since made the cut (or are ineligible like Luke, Bond, and Superman). There's various RARE characters, some Sonic characters, and Frogger. And the RARE characters were essentially (or actually I think in some cases actually were) 1st at that point in time.

It's interesting to me, because this pretty clearly shows that at a time when 3rd parties were unheard of with respect to Smash (barring rumors of playable Sonic and Tails) at the time, the farmer managed to make it into a viral list. Alongside Sonic, Megaman, and Bomberman all of whom have since made an appearance in some fashion. The only exceptions being Frogger, some RARE characters which is sort of extenuating given the circumstances, and some random 4th party characters for some reason.

This obviously doesn't mean anything, but I do think it's interesting in how it highlights how speculation has changed so drastically over time. And sadly in that sense Farmer sort of gets the shaft. So closely tied to Nintendo that it got them included in a list like this when 3rd parties weren't even a thing in Smash yet. And once they were, suddenly they aren't hype enough, because in a world where Snake is possible, not too many core gamers are clamoring for little old Farmer. Ironically, people seem to treat the character as more of a stretch now that 3rd parties ARE possible.

I will also say that this highlights why it is so sad to me that Bomberman got stuck being an Assist.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I thought that was the most fun part of those images, though. There's something pleasing yet terrifying about seen so many things cluttered in a very small canvas (a 3840x2160 canvas but hey it's comparatively small to the images).
Laughs in 2K monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom