• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Joker stole the show and the Invitation last year. And he was Fighter Pack Character 1.

Obviously, the best way to end with Fighter Pack Character 5 is to end it the same way it began. And that means that Fighter Pack Character 5 is....
download.jpg

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
And look at where that lead you.
Analysts are mature enough to handle being wrong or right. It’s hard to deny or accept when the answers are unclear or the sources are debatable.
Reimu wins?

Sure. That's what you call your conspiracy theories.
I have a conspiracy that you don’t have the urge to take a real risk.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I guess Sora's still around.
But the idea of Sora without Disney references irks me.
I personally don't THINK Sora would be included (God please don't start another 5 page argument), but I guess it wouldn't SURPRISE me.
Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu also wouldn't surprise me, but I'm almost certain that Capcom's next character is from a bigger franchise. But the problems are:
Dante: Deconfirmed by Sabi.
Leon: 99.9% deconfirmed by Spirits.
Monster Hunter: Still vaguely possible, but I take the "new worlds" comments from BOTH Reggie and Sakurai literally, and Rathalos exists.

And by this logic, I am completely and utterly stumped as to whom I see as "likely".

Speculation at this point is equivalent to throwing **** at the wall until something sticks.

So I guess I'll throw the first turd. Amaterasu.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't really know what's stopping Sabi and Verge from figuring out the character at this point. They've shot down numerous companies (I thought Nintendo was among them, but apparently I was wrong), yet here we are with basically Square Enix, Capcom, and maybe...Bethesda left standing?

It's crazy. A week ago we were freaking out about the fact that we hadn't gotten news, but now 90% of the options are out, and we've gotten incredibly closer to at least knowing the company of origin.

Don't get me wrong, it's still not really close. If it's Capcom we've got Okami and Ace Attorney (I don't really think it's anybody else), if it's Konami it's...Silent Hill? If Square gets a 2nd pick, it's a little more open with 2B, Neku, and if you lump Disney with them because of Kingdom Hearts, Sora, who I refer to as "The White Whale".

Western companies have been mainly shot down, but Bethesda and Microsoft remain. I personally doubt companies will double up here, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. After all, Square Enix is still standing, Microsoft is still standing...

Not that I believe text leaks, but that Terry leak saying Phoenix Wright was last is still kinda...chilling there.

Crazy possibilities right now.

EDIT: Also, if we're pointing out that Phoenix Wright fans are getting pumped, then I suggest telling people everywhere to chill out about Sora. People are jumping the gun trying to say ANYBODY is confirmed right now.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
There's still a ton of awesome possible candidates for FP5. Whatever we end up getting, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Someone brought up Sora. He's definitely possible, although I'd imagine getting him later down the road. Same goes for 2B. And several awesome Capcom reps. IDK if they deconfirmed EA, but I'm ready for a Sims rep. Or an Indie character. Maybe we'll get a 1st party pick after all? Or mobile character? Or a PC character? Or that Sony pipe dream? This is exciting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a conspiracy that you don’t have the urge to take a real risk.
Mate you're talking to the same boy who bet his account on Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie, and then bet his account on Geno and Sora! Like most of your conspiracy theories, you were wrong and have no evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
User was warned for this post

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Imagine if hollow knight was suddenly the possible fifth fighter? Will that cause a **** show? Personally, I don’t think I can participate in supporting him as his connections and reasonability is a giant reach.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't really know what's stopping Sabi and Verge from figuring out the character at this point. They've shot down numerous companies (I thought Nintendo was among them, but apparently I was wrong), yet here we are with basically Square Enix, Capcom, and maybe...Bethesda left standing?

It's crazy. A week ago we were freaking out about the fact that we hadn't gotten news, but now 90% of the options are out, and we've gotten incredibly closer to at least knowing the company of origin.

Don't get me wrong, it's still not really close. If it's Capcom we've got Okami and Ace Attorney (I don't really think it's anybody else), if it's Konami it's...Silent Hill? If Square gets a 2nd pick, it's a little more open with 2B, Neku Sakuraba, and if you lump Disney with them because of Kingdom Hearts, Sora, who I refer to as "The White Whale".

Western companies have been mainly shot down, but Bethesda and Microsoft remain. I personally doubt companies will double up here, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. After all, Square Enix is still standing, Microsoft is still standing...

Not that I believe text leaks, but that Terry leak saying Phoenix Wright was last is still kinda...chilling there.

I think Verge knows. Sabi is probably just smiling and nodding her head in private chats, pretending that she has an idea of who the character is when in reality she's hoping someone else will give her new material.

D

Deleted member

Don't get me wrong, it's still not really close. If it's Capcom we've got Okami and Ace Attorney (I don't really think it's anybody else), if it's Konami it's...Silent Hill? If Square gets a 2nd pick, it's a little more open with 2B, Neku, and if you lump Disney with them because of Kingdom Hearts, Sora, who I refer to as "The White Whale".

EDIT: Also, if we're pointing out that Phoenix Wright fans are getting pumped, then I suggest telling people everywhere to chill out about Sora. People are jumping the gun trying to say ANYBODY is confirmed right now.
Unless the next character is someone that was thought it was debunked or from a very small company, I doubt that with the many debunks we had in the last couple of days Sabi or Verge wouldn't have an idea in regards of who is Fighter 5. And for all we know next time either of them speaks is going to confirm the next fighter.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't even see why Sora's still on the Table when Verge said Sora wasn't in last year.
Because at the time Vergeben mostly heard about Erdrick/Luminary and then Sephiroth from his main sources-

Doesn't mean that now, as time goes forward, Sora is impossible, since the discussion and cooldown talks could very well point to someone else.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think Verge knows. Sabi is probably just smiling and nodding her head in private chats, pretending that she has an idea of who the character is when in reality she's hoping someone else will give her new material.
If this is true, Verge never deconfirmed Crash.
But I ain't holding my breath.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I do think Phoenix would have a really interesting moveset and has tons of potential. If he's in, his inclusion would be absolutely bonkers and hilarious, considering that Ace Attorney is wacky in general.

Keep in mind, Sakurai did make movesets for a racing game character, a character from an very old collection of minigames, an NES peripheral, two Animal Crossing characters, a fitness trainer, the dog from Duck Hunt, and a potted plant. Never underestimate the dedication of the same madman who put Joker, Cloud, Ridley, and Banjo all in the same game.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Mate you're talking to the same boy who bet his account on Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie, and then bet his account on Geno and Sora! Like most of your conspiracy theories, you were wrong and have no evidence.
Betting a smash account doesn’t mean anything. You’re the guy who keeps picking on my back like a parasite.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We're done talking about this. Moving on.
So you start bein' a **** to people who are finally optimistic about their character's chances, I call you out on it, and instead of acknowledging your fault, you're just like "nope, not talking about this, moving on"?

What a way to live your life.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Honestly, my money's on it being Phoenix now (if he didn't get deconfirmed while I was away). Though in my heart, I'm still going to hold out hope for Amaterasu.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Seriously, every single deconfirmation is so fishy as ****.
I also said the deconfirmations felt staged. They said it was a just a conspiracy and the deconfirmations are happening to both Sabi and Verde, around the time when resident evil is deconfirmed.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
*In my best announcers voice*
So for the Capcom characters gunning for a place in Smash it's:
Phoenix Wright vs Amaterasu. Clearly the majority think Phoenix Wright is a shoe-in, but will the underdog Ammy pull off a come from behind victory? Or will our attorney be located to a Smashing opportunity? who knows it's anyone's game.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
So Joker stole the show and the Invitation last year. And he was Fighter Pack Character 1.

Obviously, the best way to end with Fighter Pack Character 5 is to end it the same way it began. And that means that Fighter Pack Character 5 is....

"This time... shall be different..."
"It's not different at all, is it Steve!?"

This year:
Carmen Sandiego

Next year:
Sly Cooper

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This post has been warned for off-topic content that continues to derail the conversation due to the users personal issues. Please be reminded that carrying this line of conversation or encouraging users to engage in this sort of conversation are spam.
So you start bein' a **** to people who are finally optimistic about their character's chances, I call you out on it, and instead of acknowledging your fault, you're just like "nope, not talking about this, moving on"?

Okay, okay, okay.

Fine fine fine. I'm sorry. If you think that way, then I'm logically the worst person in this forum? I'm the worst person in the Smash community right now, going by that logic!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

This is Lesley's world and we're just living in it.

D

Deleted member

I feel you're getting too much worked up on this, you called her up once already and if she still doesn't improve why not just ignore her?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You don't get to decide to be rude and then shirk any and all responsibility for saying what you said how you said it.

Phoenix supporters don't and never have actually believed his chances to be anywhere close to 100% during this entire cycle. Sure, there have been glimmers of hope and excitement but very little actual serious discussion. He's finally getting his day in the sun, and I'm pretty sure all the big Phoenix supporters are fully prepared for him to be the next one shot down and for FP5 to be anyone from Sora to Arle to friggin Jonesy Fortnite. But until that day comes, at least let us have some ****ing fun. Just be chill, y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom