• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
So The Game Awards twitter account made this video and I thought it was pretty interesting

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1200512514867335168

I wonder if in case we are getting fighter 5 at the TGA will the trailer be similar to Jokers where it does not seem like its going to be a Smash trailer for a good duration of the trailer?
I'd expect the opposite. At this point, a Smash reveal at the Game awards is expected, so it seems appropriate that they do a traditional reveal (Ridley, Simon, Incineroar) instead of a fake out (Inkling, Isabelle, Joker).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Nintendo has successfully stumped me.
I'm prepared for anything now.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I wouldn't read too much into it. The reason why Joker only had that trailer is because development on him just started. FP5 is expected to release in January alongside the amiibo wave like the other 4 FP characters, so the character is likely far in development.
I just remembered something, Joker stole the pass from someone, who was the intended owner of the pass?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Tempus Fugit. 5 years, eh?

Can't stress enough on how time goes by way too quickly.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just remembered something, Joker stole the pass from someone, who was the intended owner of the pass?
The trailer straight up said it was Joker's.

Tempus Fugit. 5 years, eh?

Can't stress enough on how time goes by way too quickly.
Smash 4 was easily one of the most memorable times of my life for a number of reasons, it still feels fresh in my mind.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Just got back and....and...

*sees KOS-MOS on the casualties list*

DID I JUST LOSE?

https://youtu.be/mlpYAaS2Efc
It was just yesterday that there were arguments about KOS-MOS and Nightmare that spanned several pages and last night there was still arguments about KOS-MOS and the Xeno- games. It was a big bombshell that rocked this thread and Smash speculation for the next character has took an interesting turn. Time really does fly.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It was just yesterday that there were arguments about KOS-MOS and Nightmare that spanned several pages and last night there was still arguments about KOS-MOS and the Xeno- games. It was a big bombshell that rocked this thread and Smash speculation for the next character has took an interesting turn. Time really does fly.
Is vergeban reading our conversations?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
What if Fighter 5 is straight up a new IP to be announced at TGA?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if Fighter 5 is straight up a new IP to be announced at TGA?
That'd be worse than Corrin's advertisement imo.

Unless it's, like, really ****ing dope.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I would just like to point out that one character with a strong legacy and ties to Nintendo remains, as yet, not deconfirmed.

I am of course talking about Story of Seasons Farmer!

No one takes them seriously. =(

Also, as an aside I am more and more leaning towards the possibility that FP5 is actually Nintendo. I could see them wanting at least one 1st party in their fighters pass. And if we are to assume that 1st parties would generate less hype, it actually stands to reason to save the reveal for last. Given the way they set up the pass it makes more sense to front load the hype so to speak in order to sell as many as possible as quickly as possible.

D

Deleted member

Nah, it's more or less the Ace Attorney people declaring that their character is guaranteed, nothing much.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Do you guys think that Pepsi Man's Smash reveal at the VGA could potentially be tied into the long awaited announcement of Pepsi Man 2?

It'd be hella dope.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'd be ecstatic if was Porky Minch mainly because I'm a Mother fan. Plus I want see Ness and Lucas appear in DLC Classic and Spirit fights for once.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Live footage of me right now getting my hopes up for Phoenix Wright knowing damn well he's probably going to get shot down tomorrow

In all seriousness though, the fact that people are acting like Phoenix Wright is just some random "literally who" character is very disappointing. It just makes me think that there's a lot of people on this site who weren't around on the internet during the mid-00s to early-10s and you could hardly go anywhere without seeing a Phoenix Wright reference or an OBJECTION! somewhere.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Nah, it's more or less the Ace Attorney people declaring that their character is guaranteed, nothing much.
I’m groaning as there is literally nothing backing them up besides hope and dreams. I supported the likelihood of Kosmos by analyzing and connecting dots.

D

Deleted member

Now I wonder what would happen to the speculation if Verge just came and said no Capcom, Sora or Nintendo character. Pretty much it would kill anyone that has been discussed.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Now I wonder what would happen to the speculation if Verge just came and said no Capcom, Sora or Nintendo character. Pretty much it would kill anyone that has been discussed.
I still have my trap card!
That trap card being...

There no Fighter 5.

Fighter 5 is cancelled just like the future DLC of Smash FFXV style right after being announced.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Do you guys think that Pepsi Man's Smash reveal at the VGA could potentially be tied into the long awaited announcement of Pepsi Man 2?

It'd be hella dope.
The reveal trailer starts off looking like a Pepsi Man reveal trailer, complete with running through corridors and a Pepsi-co trademark, leading up to the reveal of everyone's favorite soda mascot...
Cool Spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom