• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This post has been warned for flaming/harassment content.
Okay, okay, okay.

Fine fine fine. I'm sorry. If you think that way, then I'm logically the worst person in this forum? I'm the worst person in the Smash community right now, going by that logic!
You aren't the worst person on this forum.

What you ARE is an overdramatic little priss who can't handle people criticizing her, and who lives in her own little bubble of personal opinions she refuses to ever be swayed on.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Verge knows. Sabi is probably just smiling and nodding her head in private chats, pretending that she has an idea of who the character is when in reality she's hoping someone else will give her new material.
It's kinda funny to gradually see the veneer of Sabi intimating (obviously falsely) that she knew the last character just sort of fading away as she entertains more and more rumours and keeps saying things like "I'm looking into it".

Since in the past Verg has sat on info until he could corroborate it with multiple sources, it's possible he has actually heard a name. Possible, but definitely not a sure thing. Sabi I doubt, the filter between what she hears and what she says these days is... minimal.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
We're done talking about this. Moving on.

Seriously, every single deconfirmation is so fishy as ****.
You know what. I'm gonna do a little goddamn math.
Even well known leakers occasionally get things wrong, which is why I always give Sabi and Vergeben leaks 90% likelihood.
So ONLY BETWEEN Sabi and Vergeben, can someone give me a FULL LIST of "deconfirmed" characters.
Assuming each one has a 90% chance of being real, the law of compound probability would state that if we take .90^(however many characters are supposedly deconfirmed) and subtract that number from 1.00, then we will have the theoretical probability of character 5 actually being one of the deconfirmed characters.

D

Deleted member

This post was warned for having content akin to flaming. Please don’t publically speak unkindly to other members of the forum. It doesn’t help get the thread back on track.
So you start bein' a **** to people who are finally optimistic about their character's chances, I call you out on it, and instead of acknowledging your fault, you're just like "nope, not talking about this, moving on"?

What a way to live your life.
Lesley doesn't learn. She'll just like your post and pretend nothing happened instead of questioning why she's being a nuisance, and then complain when people find her to be a nuisance.

I feel you're getting too much worked up on this, you called her up once already and if she still doesn't improve why not just ignore her?
It's very clear Lesley's attitude toward other characters does nothing but incite arguments. I'd honestly suggest the mods do something about it at some point.

osby

Smash Obsessed

What you ARE is an overdramatic little priss who can't handle people criticizing her, and who lives in her own little bubble of personal opinions she refuses to ever be swayed on.
Hinata, you can't just support a lawyer and then commit murder.

D

Deleted member

It's very clear Lesley's attitude toward other characters does nothing but incite arguments. I'd honestly suggest the mods do something about it at some point.
And that's the thing, if mods don't do anything, why not more people just ignore her? its annoying seeing conversations getting derailed for people needing to constant call out someone.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Seriously, every single deconfirmation is so fishy as ****.
I also said the deconfirmations felt staged. They said it was a just a conspiracy and the deconfirmations are happening to both Sabi and Verde, around the time when resident evil is deconfirmed.
I don't see what's so weird about the situation. Simpliest answer is that Verge and Sabi genuinely believe these characters are deconfirmed.

Just because we talk about these characters a lot doesn't mean they were ever more likely.

D

Deleted member

You don't get to decide to be rude and then shirk any and all responsibility for saying what you said how you said it.

Phoenix supporters don't and never have actually believed his chances to be anywhere close to 100% during this entire cycle. Sure, there have been glimmers of hope and excitement but very little actual serious discussion. He's finally getting his day in the sun, and I'm pretty sure all the big Phoenix supporters are fully prepared for him to be the next one shot down and for FP5 to be anyone from Sora to Arle to friggin Jonesy Fortnite. But until that day comes, at least let us have some ****ing fun. Just be chill, y'know?
Welp, that's the life of the most controversial feminist the speculation board has offered to see. Fime, I'mma try to be chill.

I'm done. Just...done. I've done worse stuff in this forum than any of the toxic people ever did.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright so what if we’re riding the lawyer hype train then Nintendo throws in Ace Attorney on the spirit board next weekend?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
TFW Jane is reaching for the envelope

A fitting book end: the first Thief starts it, the last Thief ends it. Though I anticipate accusations of Sakurai bias towards Persona at the very least if she is indeed the character.

D

Deleted member

And that's the thing, if mods don't do anything, why not more people just ignore her? its annoying seeing conversations getting derailed for people needing to constant call out someone.
Believe me, if the entire thread could just ignore some people, I'd be down for it. It doesn't work that way apparently, and the mods should notice that.

Making an actual claim and sticking with it. Deleting the account means you’re removing your accountability.
You're ignoring how I made a bet, meaning I'm sticking to my claim even if it goes wrong. Deleting the account is sticking to my word even if I end up being wrong.

Believe me, I'd rather stay on Smashboards than leave it.

D

Deleted member

Welp, that's the life of the most controversial feminist the speculation board has offered to see. Fime, I'mma try to be chill.

I'm done. Just...done. I've done worse stuff in this forum than any of the toxic people ever did.
And Lesley, I would recommend you to take a break from this forum as simply it seems that just like people have the need to constant call on you, you have a constant need of repeating your displeasure with the DLC direction at any given time. I understand being angry at no female characters but at the end of the day its just a game and there is no need to get angry in regards to other characters or their fans.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I also said the deconfirmations felt staged. They said it was a just a conspiracy and the deconfirmations are happening to both Sabi and Verde, around the time when resident evil is deconfirmed.
My dude, you didn’t give a crap until Vergeben said Namco was out and you even said you’d believe it if Sabi said it, and some of the stuff you say is a big reach. We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, so don’t act like you do (some of what you claim even goes against what leakbait actually is like if we base stuff off of what leakers like Verg and other insiders imply) and that you know perfectly well what Sakurai was thinking, too. There’s not enough to analyze from him to actually make any reasonable assumptions.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It's kinda funny to gradually see the veneer of Sabi intimating (obviously falsely) that she knew the last character just sort of fading away as she entertains more and more rumours and keeps saying things like "I'm looking into it".

Since in the past Verg has sat on info until he could corroborate it with multiple sources, it's possible he has actually heard a name. Possible, but definitely not a sure thing. Sabi I doubt, the filter between what she hears and what she says these days is... minimal.
Let me guess, “I heard a name! It must be the next fighter!” I can’t tell you how much it’s irritating me. Papagenos states that it’s happening and no one learns.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Imagine the reaction if we do get a character reveal at The Game Awards, but instead of Phoenix or Sora it turns out to be Bubsy the Bobcat instead.

D

Deleted member

So how 'bout that Smash speculation huh?
I honestly don't know who to expect beyond Capcom or Nintendo. If we seriously get Reimu, that'd be epic.

A fitting book end: the first Thief starts it, the last Thief ends it. Though I anticipate accusations of Sakurai bias towards Persona at the very least if she is indeed the character.
Well yeah, it'd be incredibly strange for Sakurai to add two Persona 5 characters. Gentlepanda Gentlepanda and I think Kasumi would make a great echo Post Pass if things line up.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Can we focus more on Smash and less on a certain user?

Seriously, this conversation doesn't need to exist, especially at 12:45 at night in my timezone.
It seems this weekend nights has brought out the worst in this thread.

First yesterdays strange Twitter “leak” brought bad memories...

And now going after another user for wanting a character of a specific gender?

Maybe we should have a relax day... lock the thread for 24 hours just to see if things can calm down.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Guys, please stop being so ****ing rude to Lesley.
I hate to be a **** here, but the mean comments to her are WAY too ****ing cruel and personal.
For those speaking of "mod action", I'll just let you know that I've reported the worst ones as flaming.

THIS one is the worst. Lesley may often imply that her opinion has higher weight, but that is NO ****ING REASON to personally attack her and call her names.
Lesley's opinions may be controversial, maybe even pretentious at times, but it ENRAGES me to see entire groups gang up on her just for the sake of being mean.
****!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I'll be honest, I'm one of the person in one of Sabi's "private chat" and I can tell you that I have no ****ing idea what the hell you're talking about here.

Never Sabi ever enjoyed the idea that they knew Fighter 5. At best, we heard names that were circling around inside of NoA....and lots of them are BS.

If you knew the numbers of Rumour we hear, you'd be surprised to see. Fatman just speak too much on it, and even though it's not Even Everything stupid we hear.

I don't see why there would be any confusion. If Sora was in he wouldn't be told otherwise, regardless of when Sora is revealed.
That's sadly not how it works though.
At the time, he got told that the Square-Enix Character wasn't Sora.
Because the Square-Enix Character his source knew but couldn't say in the list was Hero, especially with how Hero/Luminary kept popping-up

However it was all for Hero spot.

And I'm saying this as Someone who knew Hero in advance, and with the name of Hero with alts of 3/8/11... And got told that Sora wasn't the Character/Neither was Geno.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
How about something dumb for a bit?

This roster is something I've been personally putting together for fun, but since we have no idea who Fighter 5 is at this point, let's see if we can pinpoint who it may be based on my godawful creation. I personally believe it's down to these guys.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Sora
4. Spyro
5. Sol Badguy
6. Geno's Mii Costume
If your most wanted character is not on this image you're lying or they don't exist yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Believe me, if the entire thread could just ignore some people, I'd be down for it. It doesn't work that way apparently, and the mods should notice that.

You're ignoring how I made a bet, meaning I'm sticking to my claim even if it goes wrong. Deleting the account is sticking to my word even if I end up being wrong.

And here is the thing, at the end of the day its a forum, you can choose to read conversations or not as well as to reply or ignore people. The constant call outs get annoying due to being a person that has repeatedly known doesn't learn, the need for multiple users calling them out in mass and just dragging the conversation. Just a couple of pages a lot of the users were hyped about the possibility, they can just simply keep getting hyped and just ignore, if it gets annoying just report and that's it.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I don't even see why Sora's still on the Table when Verge said Sora wasn't in last year.
A lot can also change within a year! :rolleyes:
This pass was planned for a very long time before it was even announced. We know things can get switched around behind the scenes. (I.e look at the Joker/Square placement)

Because at the time Vergeben mostly heard about Erdrick/Luminary and then Sephiroth from his main sources-

Doesn't mean that now, as time goes forward, Sora is impossible, since the discussion and cooldown talks could very well point to someone else.
It could very well be someone else but with all of these declnfirmations, who else is left that actually still makes some bit of sense that hasn’t been touched or discussed for that matter. We’ve pretty much talked about almost everybody under the sun we thought had a good shot, and most has been shut down for some reason or another.

I personally think that both Sabi and Verge know whoever this character is and that’s why their playing this cheeky guess who game with the fanbase right now!

BlackInk

Smash Lord

You’re basically ghosting when you lose. Tell me, does any mature person considers to ghost because they lose a bet over speculation with tons of possibilities and unforeseen factors?

D

Deleted member

So most of us are of the mindset that the most likely reveal will take place at the VGAs, but when do you think the actual reveal will happen during the show? I hope it's 1 of the first things shown at the Game Awards.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

This roster is something I've been personally putting together for fun, but since we have no idea who Fighter 5 is at this point, let's see if we can pinpoint who it may be based on my godawful creation. I personally believe it's down to these guys.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Sora
4. Spyro
5. Sol Badguy
6. Geno's Mii Costume
If your most wanted character is not on this image you're lying or they don't exist yet.
I'll have to take your word that my most wanted is on there, because I can't see

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Sora
4. Spyro
5. Sol Badguy
6. Geno's Mii Costume
I dunno, but I'm seeing Pauline, the Champions, Dixie, BWD, and Zacian on this roster. I want those characters, therefore they must be in the game.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That's sadly not how it works though.
At the time, he got told that the Square-Enix Character wasn't Sora.
Because the Square-Enix Character his source knew but couldn't say in the list was Hero, especially with how Hero/Luminary kept popping-up

However it was all for Hero spot.

And I'm saying this as Someone who knew Hero in advance, and with the name of Hero with alts of 3/8/11... And got told that Sora wasn't the Character/Neither was Geno.
Believe what you want. I see no reason for Sora to be on the table after Hero.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So most of us are of the mindset that the most likely reveal will take place at the VGAs, but when do you think the actual reveal will happen during the show? I hope it's 1 of the first things shown at the Game Awards.
I imagine it’ll be one of the last things they show since it’s big news & ties into one of their GOTY nominees.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Sora
4. Spyro
5. Sol Badguy
6. Geno's Mii Costume
Sakurai:
0DF4C5CE-11A1-4BD1-BF0D-75457923A6D3.jpeg

How many characters even are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom