• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Sabi didn’t say that, she said she considered the option if the reveal wasn’t so close.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

"I’ll probably stop deconfirming now as I don’t want to just keep looking into individuals characters, and we’re getting very close to TGAs."

As in "i'm going to stop asking my source for deconfirmations, because the reveal is already so close". There's no considering there, she's just flat out going to stop.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My hot take: I don't think a Dark Souls rep is all that likely and, right now, it just seems to be filling the void that Lloyd getting killed left off, just like how RE Filled the void of Hero and Banjo for some reason.

This fanbase has a weird habit of only looking at and considering only the biggest and best franchises as likely.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Smash competitive wise is treated like a joke, because the Smash community make it very easy to be picked on and not taken seriously
I'm inclined to agree with this.

The Smash community is not exactly friendly or welcoming at times. The scandals associated with the Smash community, and just how downright toxic it can be, is not something I'd blame Nintendo for wanting to distance itself from.

Nintendo is a family friendly company, and some of the stuff in the Smash community is not what I'd call family friendly at all.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Eh. It's been pretty solid throughout even if you don't know the series. Sakurai said what he'd make (a unique fighter, a stage, music, and spirits), and by god he delivered
I wasn’t commenting on the quality of dlc. It was more about how the dlc was so wild with energy ever since Joker’s inclusion, till we hit fighter 5 and the atmosphere turns into a ever growing graveyard of deconfirmations. It’s artsy talk.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is lawyer man dead yet?
He fell down a ravine from a burning bridge into a raging torrent and only got a bad cold from it. He was hit by a speeding car, causing him to crash headfirst into a lampost and walked away with a limp.

You can't kill a Phoenix that easy.

Plank08

Smash Lord
After attempting to find a template of the Smash Ultimate CSS with 16 placeholders so I could built a fan roster, I ended up finding a template of the CSS with room for 29 more DLC characters... I doubt we're getting that many, but just for fun... what are your ratings for this?

• Fighters Pass
    1. Joker
    2. Hero
    3. Banjo & Kazooie
    4. Terry
    5. Phoenix Wright
  • Fighters Pass 2
    1. Rex & Pyra
    2. Heihachi
    3. Chorus Kids
    4. Lloyd
    5. Excitebiker
    6. BONUS CHARACTER - Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Fighters Pass 3
    1. Monster Hunter
    2. Akira Howard
    3. Adol
    4. Twintelle
    5. Crash
    6. BONUS CHARACTER - Geno
  • Fighters Pass 4
    1. Isaac
    2. Shantae
    3. Akira Yuki
    4. Shovel Knight
    5. Krystal
    6. BONUS CHARACTER - Waluigi
  • Fighters Pass 5
    1. Master Chief
    2. Saki
    3. Captain Syrup
    4. Ray Mk III
    5. Ratchet & Clank
    6. BONUS CHARACTER - Susie

That's true, but they will still recast if it's absolutely necessary (such as, in Heihachi's case, the current voice actor dying).

Lloyd deconfirmed.
You had me at 29 more characters

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m convinced people are just in denial about Lloyd’s deconfirmation. They’re trying too hard to discredit Sabi.
You misunderstand my intention.

I’m literally telling folks what happened. I’m not going to say who my “friend” is, but C&Ds don’t actually affect secondary leakers like Sabi.

Even the ESRB leaker wasn’t slapped with one. So this idea that Sabi got one is misinformation, and misleading.

Despite that, I do believe Sabi has real sources. I believe him when all those characters have been shot down.

There’s just some bull**** mixed in.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
You misunderstand my intention.

I’m literally telling folks what happened. I’m not going to say who my “friend” is, but C&Ds don’t actually affect secondary leakers like Sabi.

Even the ESRB leaker wasn’t slapped with one. So this idea that Sabi got one is misinformation, and misleading.

Despite that, I do believe Sabi has real sources. I believe him when all those characters have been shot down.

There’s just some bull**** mixed in.
You mean the stuff with trans or something?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It's because they make the most sense. It's why the actual picks are so surprising.
That's pretty much my point. Looking at what makes sense isn't gonna fly. If you want to predict Sakurai, you think outside the box. You actually have to think crazy and outlandish and probably from the perspective of a Japanese 49 year old walking gaming encyclopedia.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the real takeaway is that we all know nothing about what we're talking about and are just throwing names against a wall.
The first thing to know about speculation is that you must know that you know nothing, ya know?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My hot take: I don't think a Dark Souls rep is all that likely and, right now, it just seems to be filling the void that Lloyd getting killed left off, just like how RE Filled the void of Hero and Banjo for some reason.

This fanbase has a weird habit of only looking at and considering only the biggest and best franchises as likely.
I don't really consider Dark Souls as likely either but it's fun to think of what a character would be like if they were to get in and analyze them on their merits anyway, rather than just talk about KOS-MOS or Nightmare for the 30th time that day. Speculation gets hella boring when people fixate on the same character and act like they're coming no matter what.
"I think character X would be really cool-"
"Nah it's gonna be character Y"
"Mmm you're probably right"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Honestly, I think Byleth, a Capcom Rep, a Namco Rep, a Level-5 Rep, or Kratos are likely candidates. Imagine Kratos repping Sony in a pass along with Microsoft. Craziness.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
in terms of gameplay gimmicks, I think it would be interesting to see Solaire/Chosen Undead have special mechanics with rolling.

Terry got special mechanics with his spot dodge, so unique mechanics with rolls and parrying would be a good fit for Dark Souls combat in Smash.

SKX31

Smash Master
I think the real takeaway is that we all know nothing about what we're talking about and are just throwing names against a wall.
Yup, the entire situation feels like this one:

005FwzJGgw1f7vcrp5hvsj33402c01ky.jpg

Where you know the situation's gonna crash.

(The image's backstory: The dog belongs to Wang Sicong, son to one of China's richest men. Yes, the crazy guy gave his dog eight iPhones. Read more here.)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
This is literally echo chamber arguing but okay.

KOS-MOS is the face of the Xeno series because she’s an embodiment of the series thematically and as a character, this isn’t a popularity contest lmao.
Then use a different term than "the face of the series" because the face is LITERALLY a popularity contest.

So I guess if nobody is in smash they aren't recognizable? Oh boy
In the case of the Xeno series...yes. That's what being a niche franchise means.

And if anyone wants to argue with me you're more than welcome to. KOS-MOS gave you characters like Elma, Fiora, Mythra, Pyra etc. They are all inspired by her. Pyra and Mythra have the Zohar for a reason. Dont be ignorant and suggest KOS-MOS is not recognizable because she isn't in smash.
That's not how recognition works...

Something newer and more recognizable being based on an older, more obscure thing, doesn't make the old thing more recognizable by default. That ****'s not transferrable.

It's not "Oh! You recognize Fiora! Therefore you count as recognizing KOS-MOS automatically, even though you don't know who that is and aren't aware of any connection between the two characters!"

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think Byleth, a Capcom Rep, a Namco Rep, a Level-5 Rep, or Kratos are likely candidates. Imagine Kratos repping Sony in a pass along with Microsoft. Craziness.
Why wouldn’t it be a Namco rep when Heiheichi’s costume wasn’t in the mii costume horde for fighting-based characters?

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Why wouldn’t it be a Namco rep when Heiheichi’s costume wasn’t in the fighter mii costume horde?
why wouldn't it be a capcom rep when the rathalos costume wasn't in with the other returning capcom costumes

answer: nobody knows

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't like saying KOS-MOS is the face of the Xeno series, because there are three series of Xeno games from Monolith.

"Xeno" itself isn't even really a franchise, they're all disconnected universes and stories.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I don't really consider Dark Souls as likely either but it's fun to think of what a character would be like if they were to get in and analyze them on their merits anyway, rather than just talk about KOS-MOS or Nightmare for the 30th time that day. Speculation gets hella boring when people fixate on the same character and act like they're coming no matter what.
"I think character X would be really cool-"
"Nah it's gonna be character Y"
"Mmm you're probably right"
But I want to talk about Nightmare 31 times!!

Truthfully, It's nice to talk about a plethora of characters, at the end of the day Sakurai can chose any characters he wants, but it's nice to gush about our favorite characters regardless if they get in or not.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I don't like saying KOS-MOS is the face of the Xeno series, because there are three series of Xeno games from Monolith.

"Xeno" itself isn't even really a franchise, they're all disconnected universes and stories.
Monolith Soft puts her puts above their other characters in their site.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

I wouldn't really say that it isn't a franchise. All the themes are recurring and very similar as I mentioned with inspiration from KOS-MOS before. Also, did you finish Xenoblade 2? Cause there's a huge thing about that game that supports a multiverse.

D

Deleted member

Who are you to tell me that me ****posting about the Candyman from Lethal League won't get him in the game you're not my boss
Lethal League may not be a game for me, but Ordinary Days and Headbangeren ****ing slap hard so I'm down for Candyman in Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, did you finish Xenoblade 2? Cause there's a huge thing about that game that supports a multiverse.
I'm aware of the multiverse, I'm just saying I hold all of the Xeno games (Saga, Gears, Blade) up to individual pedestals of their own, like SMT and Persona. They're connected, but not enough to correlate the main star between both of them simultaneously

Monolith Soft puts her puts above their other characters in their site.
I said Xeno not Monolith.

If we were talking Monolith I would be gushing about Baten Kaitos. Play it. Please.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm just surprised that Travis Touchdown is still in the running. That Ubisoft deconfirmation didn't completely knock my boy out. I would lowkey love No More Heroes, and bundling him with Shinobu Jacobs and/or his brother Sir Henry Cooldown would be a cool way to introduce DLC Echoes. Even for people who are unfamiliar with the series, at least one of those characters would have to be dope, right? Just look at them! D:

I mean... katana wielders with wrestling moves and laser beams shouldn't be the toughest thing to sell.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm just surprised that Travis Touchdown is still in the running. That Ubisoft deconfirmation didn't completely knock my boy out. I would lowkey love No More Heroes, and bundling him with Shinobu Jacobs and/or his brother Sir Henry Cooldown would be a cool way to introduce DLC Echoes.
And with 3 in development? I'll take Travis any day of the ****ing week.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'know what, forget my previous post about a Bamco rep: Put in Katamari Prince instead.

I wanna roll Smash fighters into a giant ball and then have the King of All Cosmos shoot them into space.

Last edited:

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
Sora keeps being the standout to me in regards of who I can see being at TGA, but now I’m imagining a trailer with Travis Touchdown with him saying what he feels about award shows in general only to then be told by Sylvia that he’s received on invitation to fight against legendary gaming icons, making Travis jump off his couch and run to the bathroom, coming out fully dressed and ready to join the fray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom