• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It’s Pokémon. The franchise is so ridiculously huge, everything is interconnected with their games, manga, movies, toys, and shows. One Pokémon leak is legitimately threatening. Leaking a smash character is absolutely nothing in comparison.
It's still a leak for a major game, you don't loosen the change after a single event and then forget about it completely. Otherwise Sabi'd be getting another C&D now for TGA

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem in 3 Houses? ****ing blood are you kidding me IS WHY?
I guess that's why they call Byleth's blood the Crest of Flames.

I don't know what I missed and why Soul Calibur is suddenly brought up in the discussion now, but the timing couldn't have been better because my set though.

Anyway, Confrontation is one recurring song I'm sure would get in, but I'd also love these two.
If we're talking Soul Calibur music, give us Brave Sword, Braver Soul.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
So many people talking about Heihachi and here I am just hoping that the recent usage of Jin and Kazuya as the face of Tekken in crossovers (not to mention the Bandai Namco logo intro) means one of them have a good chance of being a playable character in Smash :ohwell:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It's still a leak for a major game, you don't loosen the change after a single event and then forget about it completely. Otherwise Sabi'd be getting another C&D now for TGA
If smash is important, why doesn’t Nintendo support the tournaments?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love competitive Smash but if you're using Nintendo's non-existent support of tournaments as reasoning why they don't care about it at all then your argument has fallen flat on it's face

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

>Smash isn't important

Oh okay. Guess we're just ignoring it's the only Nintendo game nominated for Game of the Year this year.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Dead:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Doomguy
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Tracer
-Scorpion
-Dante
-Geno
-Resident Evil
-Ubisoft
-Falcom
-Nippon Ichi Software
-"Tales of" series

Still living (i'm only counting people who are highly speculated right now):
-Phoenix Wright
-Reimu
-KOS-MOS
-Sora
-Heihachi
-Someone else I'm probably forgetting that someone will quote this post with yelling at me for forgetting them
welp i will be the one to quote the forget

Nightmare is still in the running for FP5 and is a bandi namco rep just like heihachi by the way

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Yes. KOF arena >>>>>
It's just a stadium though. I do think how fighters get KO'd by getting knocked through the glass is pretty dope, but the stage itself is kinda normal.

Persona stage is stylish. The background is killer. It practically screams attention.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
welp i will be the one to quote the forget

Nightmare is still in the running for FP5 and is a bandi namco rep just like heihachi by the way
There's also Spyro. Dunno how likely he is but he's at least worth mentioning.

EDIT:
Persona stage is stylish. The background is killer. It practically screams attention.
Isn't that the opposite of what you want? :4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Smash isn't important

Oh okay. Guess we're just ignoring it's the only Nintendo game nominated for Game of the Year at the VGA
If Smash is so important why wasn't more than half of Nintendo's E3 2018 conference dedicated to it, why didn't it get 2 different dedicated directs before it came out, and why didn't they start and end E3 2019 on DLC character announcements for it?
Checkmate athiests

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If Smash is so important why wasn't more than half of Nintendo's E3 2018 conference dedicated to it, why didn't it get 2 different dedicated directs before it came out, and why didn't they start and end E3 2019 on DLC character announcements for it?
Checkmate athiests
If Smash is so important why isn't there a Smash 2?

D

Deleted member

Checkmate athiests
Man what a dumb series. I can't believe people actually think it means anything, right fellow Smashboard users?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> “Nintendo doesn’t support tournaments”
> Ignores tournament mode and Nintendo’s multiple officially-ran tournaments they’ve held since E3 last year

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
For real, Smash is treated like a joke. Leffen is practically right about everything in this game. It’s like someone who knows it’s important, but they don’t really treat it seriously.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
A sneak peak of Nightmare's trailer:

Announcer: "It is the everlasting tale of souls and swords."
Nightmare: *Comes forth*
Link: (Oh crap I thought I lost this guy)
I'll always love how in the SCII loading screen between matches the characters get to say a quick battle quote. Then there's Link who can't talk and instead screams into face of his opponent like a mad man.

Nightmare: "Offer your soul."
Link: "SAYAAAAAAAH!"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
For real, Smash is treated like a joke. Leffen is practically right about everything in this game. It’s like someone who knows it’s important, but they don’t really treat it seriously.
Are you kidding? Nintendo has treated it very seriously, to the point where Nintendo showed it off enough to make other fanbases mad. And they do support tournaments, but of course they’re not gonna sponsor every single EVO and obviously fan tournaments (though they did add Tournament Mode so technically fan tourneys are supported that way).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

this is botw 2 erasure and i will not stand for it
Imma be real I was so hype for Banjo I completely missed it's announcement and promptly forgot about it after the fact
My b
>Leffen
1575070318674.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Leffen is far from an authority on pretty much anything, lol. He says whatever will get clicks because people will lap whatever vitriol he spews up and treat it as gospel.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
This smash pass begins with a bang and it ends like Infinity war...
1575070491737.gif

slow, quiet, and hard to watch.
1575070591288.gif

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
> “Nintendo doesn’t support tournaments”
> Ignores tournament mode and Nintendo’s multiple officially-ran tournaments they’ve held since E3 last year
To be fair, the tournament mode is ****ing awful and so are the officially ran ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But yeah Leff is hardly an authority on what people think about Smash. Even both Melee and Ultimate players have started to turn on him recently, and if anyone responds to that claim with the "they hated Jesus because he told them the truth" **** I will personally ensure your most wanted never gets in.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why the hell are people talking about Leffen in the newcomer speculation thread.

He has absolutely no relation to whoever gets in the game.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
this is botw 2 erasure and i will not stand for it
We didn't need that teaser at E3 to know that a BotW 2 was coming.

The only way that a sequel wasn't happening was if Nintendo randomly decided one day that they don't like money anymore.

D

Deleted member

Why the hell are people talking about Leffen in the newcomer speculation thread.

He has absolutely no relation to whoever gets in the game.
Ask BlackInk that. I have no idea where his logic goes half the time.

Kokiden

Smash Ace

I think it's got to do with money. It's not that lucrative in their eyes.

They're already making gangbusters with the DLC I'd imagine.

Here's an interesting video about esports as a business model. I don't think he's wrong actually. 70K viewers generally speaking for majors is a drop in the bucket compared to other games and sports in general.

https://youtu.be/P0U1fQZ4bMY

With that being said, I think it sucks for the pro players who get paid peanuts.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I just realized that we can Now play Smash while saying “Lions, Tigers, and Bears! Oh my!” Smash is truly amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom