• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just curious, what does the Fire Emblem actually do in Marth's games?
In FE1? Let's you unlock chests for free and isn't terribly important.

In FE3 and Awakening? Collect five macguffin spheres, slap em on the convenient slops, and bob's yer uncle you can seal away dragons now.

You can see Marth holding it here.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
But the point of not telling Sabi who FP 5 is literally built on a foundation of not trusting Sabi she wont gossip.
The person can, you know, not comment on certain fighters, so Sabi doesn’t know who is fighter #5. People are not robots.

D

Deleted member

Wait that's it? It gives you a thief's base ability? Why?
In lore, the Fire Emblem is a shield that gave you the legal right to access to every treasure in the land.

Later Fire Emblem games have it make more sense like give it summoning powers or have it enhance the strength of one's weapon

The Fire Emblem is different in every game. Sometimes it's a shield, sometimes it's just magical essence, sometimes it doesn't even appear in the game.

D

Deleted member

The person can, you know, not comment on certain fighters, so Sabi doesn’t know who is fighter #5. People are not robots.
But then that soft confirms the character if they stay silent about it, especially at this rate when they're been consistently responding to every of Sabi's question.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Please, I wish Ike could chokehold his opponent while facing them and than explode them with sheer power.
So he's an Ike clone with Flame Choke? Waste of a slot.

:4pacman:

EDIT: Aw shoot, too slow...

Dinoman96

Smash Master
King K. Rool
As far as "irrelevant" characters are concerned, K. Rool was like, 100x more popular and requested than anyone else, it's not very comparable. He also has a far greater legacy, being the main villain and final boss of every DK game made by Rare in the 90s, which were all multi-million sellers.

In comparison, Dark Samus was a secondary villain in Prime 2, and was the main villain in Prime 3 which marked her definitive, final appearance in the series. And that was kind of it.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Anyway here's Nightmare riding a badass spectral horse, I really think this would be a cool side-b or recovery move.

Plus he could do a bunch of interesting stuff with his claw arm as it's own weapon. If anything I'd think Nightmare would be closer to Ganondorf than to any Fire emblem character.
That's Final Smash material if they don't opt for Night Terror.
Side B would absolutely be where he uses Soul Edge like a drill of sorts.

D

Deleted member

When have we ever had a 4chan leak that was legitimate?
A few times. The ESRB leak, the first cat leak, and the one that leaked "Everyone is Here!", Ridley and Daisy come to mind.
But y'know, an infinite number of monkeys and an infinite number of typewriters yada yada yada

BlackInk

Smash Lord
But then that soft confirms the character if they stay silent about it, especially at this rate when they're been consistently responding to every of Sabi's question.
Soft confirms? Guy, do you know how many video game characters are around? The guy could’ve ignored HUNDREDS of characters.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In lore, the Fire Emblem is a shield that gave you the legal right to access to every treasure in the land.

Later Fire Emblem games have it make more sense like give it summoning powers or have it enhance the strength of one's weapon

The Fire Emblem is different in every game. Sometimes it's a shield, sometimes it's just magical essence, sometimes it doesn't even appear in the game.
Fire Emblem in 1/3/13 (:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom:)? Shield.

Fire Emblem in 6 (:ultroy:)? An actual Emblem. It unlocks the Binding Blade from it's seal .

Fire Emblem in Tellius (:ultike:)? Magic maguffin medallion, seals away evil gods of destruction.

Fire Emblem in Fates? :ultcorrin:'s sword.

Fire Emblem in 3 Houses? ****ing blood are you kidding me IS WHY?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've been out for a bit. Who's out of the FP5 race, and who remains?

Off the top of my head, Heihachi is still alive.
Dead:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Doomguy
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Tracer
-Scorpion
-Dante
-Geno
-Resident Evil
-Ubisoft
-Falcom
-Nippon Ichi Software
-"Tales of" series

Still living (i'm only counting people who are highly speculated right now):
-Phoenix Wright
-Reimu
-KOS-MOS
-Sora
-Heihachi
-Someone else I'm probably forgetting that someone will quote this post with yelling at me for forgetting them

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
*Slaps Fire Emblem*
"With this baby you can take, like, so much spaghetti from people."

In FE1? Let's you unlock chests for free and isn't terribly important.

In FE3 and Awakening? Collect five macguffin spheres, slap em on the convenient slops, and bob's yer uncle you can seal away dragons now.
So...Not really much that would help in a Smash match other than deleting Ridley from the roster.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem in 1/3/13 (:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom:)? Shield.

Fire Emblem in 6 (:ultroy:)? An actual Emblem. It unlocks the Binding Blade from it's seal .

Fire Emblem in Tellius (:ultike:)? Magic maguffin medallion, seals away evil gods of destruction.

Fire Emblem in Fates? :ultcorrin:'s sword.

Fire Emblem in 3 Houses? ****ing blood are you kidding me IS WHY?
Is there really no game where the Fire Emblem is the friends made along the way?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So...Not really much that would help in a Smash match other than deleting Ridley from the roster.
It's a shield and actually important to the story.

The only people with shields are the Links and Heroes. It's a slight change of pace to differentiate them, at least. Give Marth a shield and he's practically one of the most defensive characters in Smash with how reliant he is on spacing. Now he can block projectiles? ****, that's kinda scary.

This is just FE4 but it actually has a presence.
I'll take a shot every time someone compares 3 Houses to FE4. i aint complaining FE4 is my favorite one

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Please, I wish Ike could chokehold his opponent while facing them and than explode them with sheer power.
Hopefully if Nightmare gets in we can get that sweet drop kick at 4:10.

Also I'm glad Nightmare is finally part of the discussion, I love the Soul Calibur series. Edge of Soul would be an amazing song to fight to in Smash, it would give Psycho Soldier a run for it's money.

D

Deleted member

Soft confirms? Guy, do you know how many video game characters are around? The guy could’ve ignored HUNDREDS of characters.
I don't get your logic.

Given what we know from Sabi, we know they have always stated what they ask their sources "Is this character in or is this leak real?" She always make a post about it before asking.

Then after she gets a response, she responds with a post virtually deconfirming that said character. If they stayed silent, Sabi would say they stayed silent.

This has been the sequence of events for the past weeks we've been talking about Sabi. If Sabi ever gets no response, Sabi would say as much and that character would very well more than likely be in. It's more logical from the insider perspective to just deconfirm everything until the time is right to reveal the info

I could be wrong, but Murphy's Law is an adequate tactic when considering what we know.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
That's Final Smash material if they don't opt for Night Terror.
Side B would absolutely be where he uses Soul Edge like a drill of sorts.
I'm thinking his final Smash is the crazy energy explosions he does in SCIII. He also does a similar explosion in his SCIV critical edge. Think like Hero's magic burst on steroids.

Since nightmare is not too acrobatic, the spectral horse might be a good fit for a recovery. Maybe in the air it can go in an arched trajectory and on the ground it goes straight like it does in SCVI.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I don't get your logic.

Given what we know from Sabi, we know they have always stated what they ask their sources "Is this character in or is this leak real?" She always make a post about it before asking.

Then after she gets a response, she responds with a post virtually deconfirming that said character. If they stayed silent, Sabi would say they stayed silent.

This has been the sequence of events for the past weeks we've been talking about Sabi. If Sabi ever gets no response, Sabi would say as much and that character would very well more than likely be in. It's more logical from the insider perspective to just deconfirm everything until the time is right to reveal the info

I could be wrong, but Murphy's Law is an adequate tactic when considering what we know.
Attention whores don’t want to lose the trust of their sources. Without the sources, they’re nothing.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Dead:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Doomguy
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Tracer
-Scorpion
-Dante
-Geno
-Resident Evil
-Ubisoft
-Falcom
-Nippon Ichi Software
-"Tales of" series

Still living (i'm only counting people who are highly speculated right now):
-Phoenix Wright
-Reimu
-KOS-MOS
-Sora
-Heihachi
-Someone else I'm probably forgetting that someone will quote this post with yelling at me for forgetting them
How could you forget Klonoa? The most recognisable cereal box mascot?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m just jumping in without much context of the discussion just to say that I feel strong Byleth and Three Houses content will be F5. That’s just my hunch.

Also, without leak discussion being involved, does anyone want to see Oliver and Ni no Kuni content included? That would be pretty awesome. A character who uses summons and magic set in a Ghibli-esque atmosphere. As someone who grew up on Ghibli, that would be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom