• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is the C&D really fake? Iirc, there were a bunch of people from places such as Source Gaming (Spazzy was one, iirc) that said it was real. Would they have any real reason to lie about it being real or not?
Let me put it this way.

I have a friend who has leaked stuff in a similar way, and he wasn’t served a C&D.

Sabi then said, “I can’t talk about Nintendo stuff”.

Sabi has literally been talking about Nintendo stuff for months since then.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Also, without leak discussion being involved, does anyone want to see Oliver and Ni no Kuni content included? That would be pretty awesome. A character who uses summons and magic set in a Ghibli-esque atmosphere. As someone who grew up on Ghibli, that would be amazing!
i had a weird dream where drippy got added as a character back in smash 4 and at this point i'm not ready to discount it

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Let me put it this way.

I have a friend who has leaked stuff in a similar way, and he wasn’t served a C&D.

Nintendo simply removed their chain on Sabi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm thinking his final Smash is the crazy energy explosions he does in SCIII. He also does a similar explosion in his SCIV critical edge. Think like Hero's magic burst on steroids.

Since nightmare is not too acrobatic, the spectral horse might be a good fit for a recovery. Maybe in the air it can go in an arched trajectory and on the ground it goes straight like it does in SCVI.
Nightmare's recovery can also just be a big ass leap into the air and then he slams down his sword, kind of like Chrom's aether but ****ing menacing.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Has discussion died so much that we're actually talking about what a Fire Emblem is?

Don't stop, this is super entertaining.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Let me put it this way.

"I can't talk about Nintendo stuff, I got a C&D."

one-two months later.

"Okay, I'll talk, but I'll be super vague and annoying about it."

another month later.

"guys pay attention to that Jonesy leak- woops nvm it's fake lol."

present day.

"lemme disconfirm every character for FP5 even though Nintendo wouldn't like people saying who it isn't, either."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Attention whores don’t want to lose the trust of their sources. Without the sources, they’re nothing.
But here's the issue, the entire point of Sabi not knowing who FP 5 is entirely based around their source not trusting this info to be safe. If their source did trust Sabi enough, they would tell her.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nightmare's recovery can also just be a big ass leap into the air and then he slams down his sword, kind of like Chrom's aether but ****ing menacing.
So you mean the Mii Swordfighter variant of Aether?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
True that could work as well, but I'm a big fan of the cool spectral horse haha. Either way Nightmare has a multitude of options for how he could work.
Also what's with the talk on Nightmare? Was there an leak regarding him?
No, but people are starting to give him some more thought now that Sabi said Lloyd is not FP5.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
venus no watch out

the edelgard stans are about to trample you
I mean Edelgard is my most wanted character by far but even I can say Byleth has just as good of a shot. They both have a lot going for them so I can't fault some for thinking Byleth has better odds.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If you genuinely believe that this one person is going to leak your big announcements, you keep that chain as tight as possible, not loosen it within a week
Nah, Business is more about risk and rewards. Sabi just preserves the attention on the pass. Lately, I think Nintendo is actually using Verg and Sabi by having that “one source” control the narrative.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Let me put it this way.

The that just bring me back to my question of, why would other people cap on her behalf and say the C&D is real?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nightmare is the closest we'll get to Guts outside of black knight Ike and I'm fine with that.

untitled.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's to hoping for Nightmare.

Still has to compete with Agumon, Chosen Undead, KOS-MOS and Heihachi though in terms of an Namco rep. I'm down for Agumon and KOS-MOS as well BTW.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The that just bring me back to my question of, why would other people cap on her behalf and say the C&D is real?
I’m convinced people are just in denial about Lloyd’s deconfirmation. They’re trying too hard to discredit Sabi.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Nah, Business is more about risk and rewards. Sabi just preserves the attention on the pass. Lately, I think Nintendo is actually using Verg and Sabi by having that “one source” control the narrative.
Sabi's main NoA source is also his friend, and there is a way for people to find out if something is leakbait or not. He does have another source, but I don't think they'd send different employees to feed leakbait to people who don't even work for the company.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That doesn't add up with what I know of C&Ds as Joe Merrick is still shook from the one he got for reporting on Black and White leaks, Sabi only fuels the people who are already talking about Smash on a daily basis

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The main thing with Nightmare is are you gonna go with his Stances and Grim Stride or give him Meter and Terror Charge shenanigans?
or both if you're a mad enough lad

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Personally I think Nightmare's recovery should have him grow wings, referencing Night Terror's inability to be KO'd via ring out
That would work too, but I feel like it might thematically step on Joker and Arsene's toes with the whole demonic wings. ????????????? ????????????? made a good overview of Nightmare's move set potential and he had Night Terror's wings.

D

Deleted member

The main thing with Nightmare is are you gonna go with his Stances and Grim Stride or give him Meter and Terror Charge shenanigans?
or both if you're a mad enough lad
Just make him Inferno.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
That doesn't add up with what I know of C&Ds as Joe Merrick is still shook from the one he got for reporting on Black and White leaks, Sabi only fuels the people who are already talking about Smash on a daily basis
It’s Pokémon. The franchise is so ridiculously huge, everything is interconnected with their games, manga, movies, toys, and shows. One Pokémon leak is legitimately threatening. Leaking a smash character is absolutely nothing in comparison.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Watch it be someone from the Mother series.

Specifically the person who says Fuzzy Pickles.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It’s Pokémon. The franchise is so ridiculously huge, everything is interconnected with their games, manga, movies, toys, and shows. One leak is legitimately threatening.
Eh, like it'll affect sales in the endgame. SwSh sales are overall positive despite the backlash pessimistic people gave it originally.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I don't know what I missed and why Soul Calibur is suddenly brought up in the discussion now, but the timing couldn't have been better because my set though.

Anyway, Confrontation is one recurring song I'm sure would get in, but I'd also love these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom