• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*Waking up, turns computer on, goes on internet*
fans: Resident Evil is Fighter 5!
Nintendo: LOL nope! Have some spirits instead!

OOF!
I'm fearful if Nintendo abuses the Spirit system too much they'll start saying no to popular fan requests.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I'm fearful if Nintendo abuses the Spirit system too much they'll start saying no to popular fan requests.
I wouldn't be too afraid of this. If a character becomes a spirit at this point in time, it's probably because they weren't going to be playable anyway.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Now all we need is for Vergeben to say no to any Namco rep and then we'll truly be lost for who Fighter 5 could possibly be.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yep, Crash will be a spirit, if that. Cool, thank you Sakurai. Impeccable taste. Just like Rayman.
Crash I would say deserves a slot more than almost any 3rd party character right now. He was literally the face of the PS1.

Now all we need is for Vergeben to say no to any Namco rep and then we'll truly be lost for who Fighter 5 could possibly be.
You know he isn't going to say anything until another credible insider says something right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh dear Lord, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go that far. You th---

I don't think so.

PS Listen to Obsession by EXO it's a bop trust me it could be the Smash speculation's official theme

Nah, nvm. Still good though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
"I'm sorry Dante, but I think I dropped a very important letter. Could you pick it up for me? Thanks. By the way, do you want to go to the bar to sing karaoke with Sakurai later?"

View attachment 248232

EDIT: Jokes aside, I think Kiryu has a pretty big shot of being a post-pass character. Yakuza is extremely popular in Japan, and it's been getting more popular in the West too, lately. SEGA is already present in Smash, and Kiryu's fighting styles would fit really well with Smash too.

I'd even go as far as to say Kiryu is more likely then Arle, and probably the most likely next Sega character barring another Sonic character.
HIIIIIII-YAAAAAA!!!
Moshmoshi!

Coming off the Tekken communities online, I was hoping I'd have a break from the Kiryu speculation.

D

Deleted member

I swear to God if the Word of the Lourd deconfirms any Bandai Namco rep, I swear that this'll be the most frustrating moment in Smash speculation history.

And the Speculation team be like:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So... I had a dream a couple nights ago, and it involved something like this.

View attachment 248110

Like with Bad Movie Sonic, I must now actively support Ratatouille representation. Don't try to stop me.
Me too.
Had a dream as well, and it was about 2 non-video game characters getting into Smash.
The 2 characters were:
1. Lincoln Loud (with Leni Loud as an Echo Fighter.)
2. Godzilla (with Anguirus as a 2nd rep.)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I woke up to this today
wokeuptothistoday.png

Apparently y'all really like Cooking Mama.

D

Deleted member

Well all we can do now is wait for an announcement while doing something productive elsewhere. Like putting up Christmas decorations or polishing the Brass Knuckles for the Black Friday sales.

Here's the countdown to TGA at least https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20191213T0130&p0=90&font=cursive
I might as well finish my coding project and review for finals. Better luck to do than betting on false luck. Besides, I gotta feeling the next leak is going to be shot down yet again.

D

Deleted member

I'm still banking in were getting an Namco rep.

Hoping for Phoenix Wright or Amaterasu at this point though.
At this rate, entire companies could get deconfirmed. I'm about to lose faith in a Bamco rep...watch as one day you wake up and then bam. Verge deconfirms yet again.

All this talk about Capcom and being a fan of she-who-must-not-be-named-lest-she-gets-deconfirmed, it's honestly sad.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I feel as though these Resi spirits would have been saved for after the announcement if the character were from Capcom.

Really unsure of who’s in, but I don’t think Phoenix has as clear a shot. If we get a soft reset on who can/can’t get in, he has to compete with Dante all over again.

I think it’ll be a total curveball or, potentially, Dark Souls. But curveball I mean something like Ezio, which would be badass.

D

Deleted member

I feel as though these Resi spirits would have been saved for after the announcement if the character were from Capcom.

Really unsure of who’s in, but I don’t think Phoenix has as clear a shot. If we get a soft reset on who can/can’t get in, he has to compete with Dante all over again.

I think it’ll be a total curveball or, potentially, Dark Souls. But curveball I mean something like Ezio, which would be badass.
I personally wouldn't bet too much on such a surprise pick. But honestly, I really feel that a Capcom rep is next. Phoenix is mixed, Smash is for good boys and girls, and Monster Hunter is unclear.

Unless you want me to start my...controversial discussions again...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I personally wouldn't bet too much on such a surprise pick. But honestly, I really feel that a Capcom rep is next. Phoenix is mixed, Smash is for good boys and girls, and Monster Hunter is unclear.

Unless you want me to start my...controversial discussions again...
Eh, your opinions aren’t controversial. I don’t think it’s controversial to want female characters in Smash. Perhaps just play it cool? I’m sure we’ll get somebody eventually.

From what I’ve heard, the MH devs want the focus on the monsters, which is why we got Rathalos and not a character.

It could be Phoenix, but I’m not sure...I need to get around to playing Ace Attorney.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's not controversial to want a female fighter. But going bonkers when you don't get one is another story.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that there are many Namco Bandai characters that would get in before KOS-MOS, like Heihachi or Lloyd.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If a series puts a single foot print on the series before the fighter’s pass, it’s screwed.
That is just a fan rule, and even if it is true there's still Digimon, although there's a debate as to whether or not virtual pet devices count as video game or electronic toys.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I think that there are many Namco Bandai characters that would get in before KOS-MOS, like Heihachi or Lloyd.
There are bigger characters than KOS-MOS, indubitably, but KOS-MOS has some things that Heihachi and Lloyd don't have: an history with Monolith, and a presence in XCX2, which Sakurai seems to like very much for having to apologize for the absence of Rex.
And she's an android, which is awesome.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Lol not again
I mean I know it's Fatman and I don't think that it's an actual hint but after seeing Dante being mentioned and deconfirmed in less than 1-2 hours and Nintendo destroying Resident Evil chances the last thing I wanted today is reading Sol Badguy's name being thrown like this.

Why? Because I'm pretty sure Sabi or Verge will deconfirm him besides Lloyd and Nightmare sooner or later even if it's only to add more names to our graveyard
Yes but to point out of all the deconfirmed none of them are from bandi namco

And Lloyd and nightmare are from bandi namco company

Also heihachi is absent especially weird since terry pack it would be almost by default heck one of the token costumes came back but not heihachi

D

Deleted member

It could be Phoenix, but I’m not sure...I need to get around to playing Ace Attorney.
Friendly tip as someone who got soured by the original trilogy.

If you're gonna play the Ace Attorney trilogy, skip Case 5 of the first game--Rise from the Ashes, and then come back to it after you've beaten the trilogy. It's a bonus stand-alone chapter added after the third game of the series, and it is massive and incredibly difficult for the first game's standards. It started a bad habit for me of using a guide whenever I got stuck, and that was not good in the long run.

D

Deleted member

One of my dreams is that the VGA will reveal a Soul Calibur rep by playing the Soul Calibur 2 intro with Link in his BOTW garbs.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I once saw a person say they would hate if Sora got into Smash purely because he has TOO MUCH moveset potential, and they don't wanna hear people argue over what moves he should've had.

Which is, by far, the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
...yeah that's pretty dumb.

I wouldn't be too afraid of this. If a character becomes a spirit at this point in time, it's probably because they weren't going to be playable anyway.
At least...not for season 2.

Don't bet on it.

But goddamn every leak is being shot down left and right.
I'm betting on it being one of the so-called deconfirmed characters.

One of my dreams is that the VGA will reveal a Soul Calibur rep by playing the Soul Calibur 2 intro with Link in his BOTW garbs.
And the bird at the end just brings Nightmare an invitation instead of a Soul Edge fragment.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
One last thing on the topic of Sora, KH3's gameplay quirk introduce the perfect moveset potential for him, though they keyblade transformations would be a bit broken.
You fill up a bar the more you hit enemies and once the bar if filled up the keyblade either turns into a hammer, a yo yo or he wields a G U N.

Friendly tip as someone who got soured by the original trilogy.

If you're gonna play the Ace Attorney trilogy, skip Case 5 of the first game--Rise from the Ashes, and then come back to it after you've beaten the trilogy. It's a bonus stand-alone chapter added after the third game of the series, and it is massive and incredibly difficult for the first game's standards. It started a bad habit for me of using a guide whenever I got stuck, and that was not good in the long run.
That case also started the needless escalation of the threats seen in this series, this got more ridiculous as the series progressed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That case also started the needless escalation of the threats seen in this series, this got more ridiculous as the series progressed.
Oh yeah that's another issue. After Rise From the Ashes, Phoenix has like no excuse to be a rookie lawyer anymore, which is really bad when the entire series is like a coming of age arc for him

And the bird at the end just brings Nightmare an invitation instead of a Soul Edge fragment.
Yeah! That's exactly what I'm thinking!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That is just a fan rule, and even if it is true there's still Digimon, although there's a debate as to whether or not virtual pet devices count as video game or electronic toys.
If Game & Watches are considered video games, virtual pets most certainly are

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
We here at KC Comicsmade a recap, for those of you who just found out about the recent news. Keep in mind, all of our deconfirmation gags are uncanon (and potentially outdated/inaccurate), and they are not affiliated with our Fatman main storyline. Their sole purpose is to entertain the writer.

Old yet relevant deconfirmation gags (it's just one right now, but if this becomes a thing, this is where they'll go):

Also... we here at KC promise that Jenée Montana is totally not a self-insert. Probably. She's just the best side character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Game & Watches are considered video games, virtual pets most certainly are
Also thinking about the Digimon is more known for its anime argument, weren't most of the Pokemon literally chosen because of the Pokemon anime's buzz?

:ultpikachu: - Literal iconic mascot so that's a given

:ultjigglypuff: - Has a running gag in the anime where she puts people to sleep, evident in her up-b

:ultmewtwo: - Not only is he the legendary, but there was the Pokemon movie starring him that was pretty loved at the time.

:ultlucario: - Had a movie

:ultgreninja: - Ash Greninja

:ultincineroar: - I know literally nothing about Gen 7 anime so this one is probably an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom