• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow. RE Spirits dropping pretty soon.

I guess Leon and Jill are deconfirmed, at least as Fighter 5. Wow. Insane how Nintendo just casually deconfirmed an entire franchise like that, especially one so heavily theorized about.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Oh wow. RE Spirits dropping pretty soon.

I guess Leon and Jill are deconfirmed, at least as Fighter 5. Wow.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Unless Fighter 5 shows that spirits don't deconfirm, I think Resident Evil's chances just took a dive.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I can literally get one thing from this entire speculation about #5....

Sakurai is playing all the leakers and insiders. To use a term in a more light hearted situation that we can all appreciate, Sakurai is playing 4D Chess and winning.
Then Nintendo decides to troll Sakurai one more time and leaks the company of FP5

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just like that, Resident Evil is OUT!

View attachment 248246
Feeling...odd. Not sure what to say to that.
Damn, they just killed it off like that? This ain't even attached to a character. It's just "hey you know that really big capcom franchise everyone talks about when it comes to smash speculation? yeah here's some pngs, enjoy".

Like... Damn.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
BOOOOO, ****ING BOOOO. Resident Evil just as Spirits is the lamest reality for the series to be in Smash. It has so much potential and is a huge series that should have a greater role in Smash. Super disappointed by this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
After seeing gameplay of Guilty Gear Strive, I have to wonder how interesting Sol would be at first glance since his core special attacks seem to be:
  • :GCB: Evocative of aerial Power Wave
  • :GCR::GCB: Basically Burn Knuckle
  • :GCU::GCB: Basically Shoryuken
  • :GCD::GCB: Basically Power Dive
True his normals would certainly make him unique in terms of playstyle but still...
Depends on what gameplay systems Sakurai decides to implement. Terry lacks the light and heavy normals that Ryu and Ken have but has three extra special moves instead for example.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Goddamnit people! Sabi and their Discord deconfirming something doesn't deconfirm ****!

THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! How many things do they have to get wrong, how much non-information do they have to give you before you GET that?!
They'll never learn lmao.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Then Nintendo decides to troll Sakurai one more time and leaks the company of FP5
That was again to set the stage up for character #5. Sakurai threw us a bone knowing how even more hungry we would be for character #5.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Rooting for Rayman! Does a deal between nintendo and ubisoft sound Farfetched to you guys?
Uh.... no? Nintendo and Ubisoft have worked together before. Confused about what you mean here
And literally what does that even do for anybody? It's nothing helpful or informative.
How is saying that there's some buzz around Dante and then deconfirming him later not helpful? It gave a new talking point for DLC and then we were able to cross the name off. Unless you're looking for the name of DLC 5 only, which nobody is willing to give out yet, I'm not sure what else you're looking for.

View attachment 248246
Oh ****. Wow wow wow. That certainly feels like a deconfirmation. We're racking up quite the body count.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
remember how speaking a character's name just ****ing murders them

yeah we just did that to resident evil by complete accident

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
>Resident Evil down
>Dante down (At least for fighter 5)
>Arthur down
>Monster Hunter down

Phoenix bros....

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys! Guys! Wait!

What if these Spirits are a hint of someone from Resident Evil?

Watch that Nemesis gets confirmed for FP5. :shades:

D

Deleted member

Y'all are gonna look real silly when the Capcom character ends up being Viewtiful Joe

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So if Fighter 5 is indeed a Capcom character, it's either Phoenix Wright or Monster Hunter.

Not everyone's gonna be happy with that, but personally...

SNEKeater

Smash Master

View attachment 248246
what t he actual ****
seriously

I mean I wanted Leon or Jill, I'm not upset but I didn't expect new 3rd party spirits from series like Resident Evil being announced like this

I honestly think a RE character is dead for Ultimate, I don't think we will have Leon or Jill in this game. I guess this rises Dante and Phoenix chances a lot.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
phoenix-sweating(a).gif

tfw this news makes ur most wanted a lot more likely but u can't even be happy abt it bc a really influential series with a lot of fans and supporters was just killed with a single tweet

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Unless Fighter 5 shows that spirits don't deconfirm, I think Resident Evil's chances just took a dive.
It depends.

Base game spirits only deconfirm for character 5 but I'm not sure what this means going forward. I imagine that Capcom wanted Resi in somehow so they obliged.

If the DLC cycle goes on long enough then maybe they'll be in down the line but for Character no 5, I'm gonna say no.

Looks like it's Ametaseru and Phoenix Wright if we think Capcom's getting another fighter at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom