• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
We'll probably find out who's the fifth character by process of elimination at this rate.
The reveal trailer is gonna be like Terry's, with all the deconfirmed characters fighting for the Smash invitation before the real Fighter 5 eventually grabs it.

D

Deleted member

So Dante was rumored to be FP5 and now he's not? NIS was brought up only for the Vergeburger to say they aren't in Smash??

We're just 1 step closer to Dynasty Warriors being FP5 ya'll. I can feel it.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So far the list has:
  • Crash
  • Tracer
  • Hayabusa
  • Geno
  • Doomguy
  • Scorpion
  • Pajama Sam
  • Dante
  • Nippon Ichi Software character
So that's 9 potential candidates down...
Pajama Sam is a new one. that's 12

• Scorpion
  • Crash
  • Ryu
  • Geno
  • Doomslayer
  • Tracer
  • Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Dante
  • Pajama Sam
  • Nippon Ichi character
  • Rex
Christ, how many characters will this list have by the time the actual fighter gets revealed, I should really note this **** down

Droodle

Smash Lord
We'll probably find out who's the fifth character by process of elimination at this rate.
I mean none of Bamco's characters have been deconfirmed, and they've probably been the most rumored company as of yet. No mention of Tales of/Tekken/KOS-MOS/Agumon/Soul Calibur/Klonoa, and they've been considered likely for a while now too.

My money is on them or another small 3rd party company like Falcom.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
With how fast these leakers are saying who isn't FP5 you'd think they would already say who it is.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Now Vergeben just outright disconfirmed a company. We can probably expect more of that kind of slaughter in the next few days..

Droodle

Smash Lord
Imagine the storm that would happen if Verge just straight up says that neither Capcom or andai-Namco are character 5. Then all the hands would REALLY be off the table.

D

Deleted member

I'm betting Jill, KOS-MOS or Yuri for fighter 5. Mentioning Jill, wonder why the lack of talk regarding RE in general. Its like not talking about an elephant in a room.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
The reveal trailer is gonna be like Terry's, with all the deconfirmed characters fighting for the Smash invitation before the real Fighter 5 eventually grabs it.
A gloved hand reaches out, and then the camera pans out to reveal it is, in fact, a disembodied hand.

Master Hand finally playable? Rayman?

No...

Glover grasps at victory.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Goddamnit people! Sabi and their Discord deconfirming something doesn't deconfirm ****!

THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! How many things do they have to get wrong, how much non-information do they have to give you before you GET that?!

D

Deleted member

I'm betting Jill, KOS-MOS or Yuri for fighter 5. Mentioning Jill, wonder why the lack of talk regarding RE in general. Its like not talking about an elephant in a room.
Capcom and NAMCO are the two biggest possibilities. If you subscribe to the Namco mii costumes coming back, then Namco definitely is getting a newcomer. If you subscribe to Jones posting, then Resident Evil is definitely a big candidate to consider.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Watch the 5th DLC character finally be Katalina from Granblue. I will literally **** bricks but out of the other end.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Goddamnit people! Sabi and their Discord deconfirming something doesn't deconfirm ****!

THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! How many things do they have to get wrong, how much non-information do they have to give you before you GET that?!
Considering his E3 info, some other stuff he leaked, and some users on this site knowing his NoA source’s identity, I think it’s fair to consider what he says even if he can be annoying about it sometimes.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
After seeing gameplay of Guilty Gear Strive, I have to wonder how interesting Sol would be at first glance since his core special attacks seem to be:
  • :GCB: Evocative of aerial Power Wave
  • :GCR::GCB: Basically Burn Knuckle
  • :GCU::GCB: Basically Shoryuken
  • :GCD::GCB: Basically Power Dive
True his normals would certainly make him unique in terms of playstyle but still...

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Sabi? Yeah, probably fishing for information.

Verge? Definitely gets info. I know, because I’ve gotten information similar to before release. Granted, particular information is seen as an “open secret”, so it’s not like Verg is the only one.

But leaks happen. I wouldn’t rule it out. Skepticism is one thing, but outright denial is another.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't get it either. I feel like some historical revisionism has been in the works with how people are pretending NO ONE asked for Bayonetta before her inclusion, which is complete bull****.
I'm honestly amazed by that. Obviously not every choice pleases everyone and that goes for any character. But the reactions from the fans and the media itself in general were bigger with Bayo than any other character from Smash 4 DLC, except Cloud and Ryu, and even that is debatable, specially with Ryu.

The only historical revisionism is pretending Bayonetta had even an iota of the support that K. Rool, the actual ballot winner, did.
Who said that? In any case I don't think anyone was trying to prove that Bayo had more support than K. Rool or other popular fan demands. Of course, that doesn't mean she was a non hype pick or a character that nobody wanted, because that's not true. And well if someone says "I didn't care about Bayonetta" I don't care if characters like Waluigi or Lara Croft get into Smash but I'm not that blind to deny that at least in some way these characters are hype choices or a big deal (for different reasons). Precisely what Bayo was, a hype choice in general and a big deal in her own way.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Watch the 5th DLC character finally be Katalina from Granblue. I will literally **** bricks but out of the other end.
Man, this would be a wild AF trip.

What exactly did they get wrong? I legit do not remember anything about them getting a whole bunch of stuff wrong at all. Like Fatman, sure, he gets things wrong but nobody is quoting him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering his E3 info, some other stuff he leaked, and some users on this site knowing his NoA source’s identity, I think it’s fair to consider what he says even if he can be annoying about it sometimes.
Sabi was the bloke who wasted our time with the Dante rumor. Wouldn't look to them for anything.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi was the bloke who wasted our time with the Dante rumor. Wouldn't look to them for anything.
Fair enough, though it turns out Fatmanonice and whoever on their discord heard Dante too, just there was nothing really going for him.

I think Sabi is legit, just he’s immature with leaks and jumps the gun often while pretending he has to do all this silly misleading crap to protect his source’s butt.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Literally all he/she did was say there was buzz around Dante while saying "This is not a leak" in all caps before being the one to deconfirm Dante themselves later.

D

Deleted member

I think Sabi is legit, just he’s immature and jumps the gun often.
Sabi is most definitely legit if their other leaks outside of Smash is anything to consider...

But they've never been productive to follow when it came to Smash.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
After seeing gameplay of Guilty Gear Strive, I have to wonder how interesting Sol would be at first glance since his core special attacks seem to be:
  • :GCB: Evocative of aerial Power Wave
  • :GCR::GCB: Basically Burn Knuckle
  • :GCU::GCB: Basically Shoryuken
  • :GCD::GCB: Basically Power Dive
True his normals would certainly make him unique in terms of playstyle but still...
Well Sol could incorpore mechanics from GG like air dash, roman cancels (this one I doubt it) and other things.
His specials could be Gunflame, Bandit Bringer, Volcanic Viper and Fafnir.

D

Deleted member

Literally all he/she did was say there was buzz around Dante while saying "This is not a leak" in all caps before being the one to deconfirm Dante themselves later.
And literally what does that even do for anybody? It's nothing helpful or informative.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I doubt Cygames rep is coming as character 5. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a rep in the post-pass though, as they are a pretty big company in Japan and are also involved in Smash in some way already.

That said, it is still pretty unlikely. Anyways Gran/Djeeta would get in over Katalina as they are actually the main protagonists of GBF; unless Cygames decides to put in some Rage of Bahamut/Dragalia Lost characters in smash instead.

D

Deleted member

Does this thread always have around 80 users and 70 guests? Whats going on
Me too. I probably guessed that after every single deconfirmation we got, everyone is pretty much hyping up on who's next on the chopping board.

Verge is basically Urobutcher at this point.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can literally get one thing from this entire speculation about #5....

Sakurai is playing all the leakers and insiders. To use a term in a more light hearted situation that we can all appreciate, Sakurai is playing 4D Chess and winning.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just like that, Resident Evil is OUT!

1574816544411.png

Feeling...odd. Not sure what to say to that.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Verge? Definitely gets info.
Verg has only deconfirmed, like, 3 characters though, and everyone is acting as if we have, like, 20 deconfirmed characters based on the words of various nobodies and people with terrible track records that everyone ignores because they got a thing right one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom