• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New videos of Roy_R from Hobo14!!!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes it is, he lost to sandtrap who is probably not as noteable as a player as either Dojo or Infinity
Yeah I didn't get to see that set but I heard about it throughout the tourney.

Oh and stop making johns for him Hylian/Houston lol. He's one of the most modest guys I know, he doesn't make johns he plays the god **** game lol.

I want people making johns for me, like "Wario vs Marth is too hard" or "Diddy vs Marth is too hard" lol. When do I get people making those for me? :0

Lol oh well, next time we play I'm taking his *** to Cruise. :D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Roy_R is solid, but does it seem to me that he doesn't play enough lucarios? (Lee is a beast tho, tho the comebacks were nothing short of amazing).
Roy had a pretty good MK match, but I'm one of those who will critique even if I'm worst in play skill. So I'll keep silent.

laki

Smash Apprentice
Roy_Rs DI is amazing, though someone should tell him how to angle a shield lol. Is it me or is Roy_R more entertaining to watch than most Marths though this may just be to the fact that he's beast against great Metas.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Roy_Rs DI is amazing, though someone should tell him how to angle a shield lol. Is it me or is Roy_R more entertaining to watch than most Marths though this may just be to the fact that he's beast against great Metas.
He probably double stick DIs and knows how DI most moves. And yes he is very entertaining to watch.:)

Odigo

Smash Apprentice
Roy_r is pretty good, but I'm too critical to talk about Marth in such a casual way. All my eyes pick up are all the mistakes that were made. Maybe later I'll do full critiques of these sets on Smashboards. I watched vs. Dojo and LeeMartin.
qft.
I know RoyR is one of the best Marth's in the nation right now (after Neo), but Marth is played in such a precise way that all I can point out are his mistakes =\ For instance I see a lot of fsmashing which he gets punished for, running straight into MK's fsmash...

That's not to say I don't give credit to him, he's an amazing player. Especially doing so well in a big tournament like this after taking time off.

Props.

E: His DI is TOO good -_-

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I didn't get to see that set but I heard about it throughout the tourney.

Oh and stop making johns for him Hylian/Houston lol. He's one of the most modest guys I know, he doesn't make johns he plays the god **** game lol.

I want people making johns for me, like "Wario vs Marth is too hard" or "Diddy vs Marth is too hard" lol. When do I get people making those for me? :0

Lol oh well, next time we play I'm taking his *** to Cruise. :D
When was I johning for him? I was saying it's amazing how well he did considering how long its been since he's been to a tournament...no johns lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah, people are like "Roy is so amazing, he only lost cause he wasn't active for a long time" ya know. Roy didn't make those Johns when I played him, he didn't complain to people in friendlies or warn them that he was rusty lol. He just wanted to play the game lol, he's not gonna spend time making johns, he's too cool for that. But other people will john for him lol.

He's good, he knows he's good, he's cool, he's too cool and modest to john about stuff. If he loses, he wants to do better next time, not tell people that he's been gone for awhile lol. That's all.

lolgrec

Smash Cadet
wow he plays a revolutionary marth o_O despite not having played competitively for months...even if he wins or loses, he plays strong throughout and even until the end despite the odds, especially against teh meta ghey >_< /BAN

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I am wondering what his secret is to all those fsmashes on the ledge so many kills with them...
Probably has something to do with the fact that MK can be grabbed off the ledge as well.

Side note: I saw moments where Roy would be standing with his back facing his opponent then he would instantly do a grab in the opposite direction (no pivot). Is that just buffering?

CO18

Smash Hero
Probably has something to do with the fact that MK can be grabbed off the ledge as well.

Side note: I saw moments where Roy would be standing with his back facing his opponent then he would instantly do a grab in the opposite direction (no pivot). Is that just buffering?
You just press the opposite direction then grab very quickly afterward lol

VietGeek

Smash Hero

Yeah he's buffering a turnaround grab from a shield release.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Today houston had a smashfest. ALOT of Royr videos will be up in the next day or two. Mainly against Razer. He did some stuff that I never realized could work so well

∫unk

Smash Master
Roy does the same thing every time mk is on the ledge

He does 2 forward b a lot when 1 is better (less lag) for that mindgame (db then wait)

Top Bottom