• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW TECH! --> Shutter F-tilt

VIDEO COMING!

Oh man! The range of the F-tilt is gonna be gay!

How to do it:
Face backward then face forward. Hold the analog a bit forward then f-tilt. I recommend trying this at 1/4 speed at training then after mastering it at 1/4 speed go for 1 speed.

What happens?
If you do it at 1/4 spd, while Snake is facing forward, he's sliding then it gives you a chance to F-tilt at max range! Try it at 1 speed!

The timing is somewhat strict at speed=1 so try hard!

Let us see:

I tried it with the other characters, here are the results so far:
DDD--> Short slide
C. Falcon--> Short slide
Link--> Very long slide

How I found this out:
It just came out of no where. I battled my friend and ACCIDENTALLY did this.

VIDEO= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnAdjuoUQS0

Are you saying that in a good way oor bad way and plus you never even tried it.

Underload

Lazy
At least we don't have our own tier.

I think your view on us is Ally-based, which is expected. But if you look past him and his Snake, our entire metagame is kind of suffering. By that, I mean our metagame could be heaps better than it is right now.

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
BRB laughing at extended range, works too but easier to just practice on x1 speed.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So we are just doop walking into an ftilt?

Albert.

Smash Master
I'm going to kill the next person who calls snake broken
Are you fvcking kidding me?!

Snake is broken as HELL and you're an idiot if you don't even understand why.

He's ACTUALLY a glitch too, remember when techies looked into the code and figured out that Snake is unfinished? They (nintendo) were supposed to nerf his hitboxes/damage output but they didn't because of time restraints.

LOLLLLL

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've known about this for awhile. I do it with Link all the time. I didn't think much of it with Snake though.

Eduardomsc

Smash Rookie
I don't quite get it with text alone, so I'm waiting for a video, but i'm sure this is very helpful...

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
hmm this seems interesting, when I get time (prob tommorow or tues) I'll test this out, I can make a vid of it too if needed (it wont be editted at all, since i have no idea how to lol).

Only real application I see in it is walk backwards away from someone for spacing then just go and abuse ftilt spacing -.-

Actually it's FACING backward and tilting the the analog forward then do f-tilt then we abuse it for spacing and range stuff. Oh yeah, it can be used in mind games sometimes ;|

Oh btw: Online battle at Friday Xeylo :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Are people seriously calling snake broken, especially because of this?

This is ancient history, everyone should know about this, and it's not even really useful. Pivot walking evolved from this stuff.

And snake is mad good but he's sure as hell no broken. Keep in mind this character can live up to 180% on every stock and deals twice as much damage as every character, plus has top 3 camping in the game, but for some reason Snake doesn't dominate tourneys, and even good snakes lose to characters like Kirby/Sonic/Marth/Wario.

So yeah, thread over guiz.

Underload

Lazy
He's ACTUALLY a glitch too, remember when techies looked into the code and figured out that Snake is unfinished? They (nintendo) were supposed to nerf his hitboxes/damage output but they didn't because of time restraints.

LOLLLLL
I wish they did. I would have more fun playing Snake, then.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sonic is a pretty lols matchup, it can be quite hard for snake, but did you know that holding A to do that repeated jab thing beats pretty much all of his spindash approachs lol.

anyways this tech may be oldish news but I bet its not really used much, how do you do it?
and does anyone know how many more frames it adds onto the move to do the shutter (shouldnt it be stutter?)

napZzz

Smash Hero
snake is just slowly getting worse, and I dont think he's ever gonna get better. Say hello to ally everyone, I heard he's the only snake who can place high at tourneys that matter and do well

inb4flames

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake is just slowly getting worse, and I dont think he's ever gonna get better. Say hello to ally everyone, I heard he's the only snake who can place high at tourneys that matter and do well

inb4flames
razer, candy, and fatal win all kinds of ****, and a lot of other snake's do very well. snake isn't bad, he just requires way more skill to use than most S/A tier characters, he's kind of like brawl's version of melee fox in that respect IMO. besides, who other than meta knight can you not say this about?

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
I'm Ok with this.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

inb4flames
Wow I didn't expect you of all people to put down Snake like that, he would not go any lower than 3rd because of he is just built to be a good character, though he does have a weakness in being juggle, keep in mind that he can make up for it with his godly survivability, since at higher damage they cant string hits together anymore. And his recovery is not bad at all as long as you have good DI. I say because of the option of recovering high it makes his recovery better than Diddy's, Falco's, and ICs's

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Wow I didn't expect you of all people to put down Snake like that, he would not go any lower than 3rd because of he is just built to be a good character, though he does have a weakness in being juggle, keep in mind that he can make up for it with his godly survivability, since at higher damage they cant string hits together anymore. And his recovery is not bad at all as long as you have good DI. I say because of the option of recovering high it makes his recovery better than Diddy's, Falco's, and ICs's
You didn't that Nappy would be putting Snake down? He comes in every other day saying how he is going to drop Snake because he is a bad character. >.>

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, this isn't atypical for him at all...me and nappy are probably the people on this board that say stuff like diddy/falco are better the most, although I've started to change my mind about that. I'm leaning more towards thinking that snake does have a very high upper ceiling, it's just a lot harder to achieve than some other characters now

gallax

Smash Hero
snake has blaring weaknesses yes. people are learning to beat snake cuz they are learning the MU. thats why snake isnt getting the "hype" he used to. thats what happened in fl and its happening more places now. to place well with snake now you HAVE to be smart. you have to know the MU. when you guys say that snake is getting worse its actually false. other chars are just learning how to play against snake more efficiently, especially when he gets into the air.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
MK isn't that great, he has weaknesses too, as in his lack of killing power not named gimping and his lightweightness. He has no projectile, Plus he gets chaingrabbed by Falco and Pikachu and lots of chars (including Snake) can grab release him into stuff. True those are not as bad as Snake's weaknesses, but its still there. And Snake can make up for his weakesses with his strengths in power, killing, and survivability.

Top Bottom