• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Man, Pokemon got weird after Gold and Silver.

I would love an Andross fight, where you have to hit his **** back at him.
I would also love a Pokemon Trainer Boss. (Though I think it'd be coolest if it was red, and PT this time around was Gold, even if nothing switched but the trainer model.)

Though from Pokemon, I'd really love to have a big Nidoking or Tyranitar for a boss.

Also, I'd love to see more bosses and enemies from games then from Smash it's self. The prymids were kinda lame.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
O.K. I guess I didn't really know the meaning. My mistake.

I thought it ment "underdog" or underestimated.

As for personal choice, I don't know about that, I'm more of a Mega Man supporter if you know what I mean.
I meant "personal pick" as in your wager, not the stuff you love.

Man, all this clarifying is makin' me thirsty.

Haven't decided what leads to the worst discussions yet, but it's probably either Pokemon or Zelda. Or Sonic, or Mario, or Star Fox, or something, I don't know.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I meant "personal pick" as in your wager, not the stuff you love.
Sorry, I'm not into gambling. But even I don't have to be gambler to know that 3rd Parties are a bad bet.

I just brought him up for fun as I was sick of all the repetitive discussions we keep having that annoy the heck out of me. Ex. The current Pokemon discussion, see above.

NOt sure if this was mentioned, but character selection should involved the ability to pick which random characters show-up when you pick random. Like the items and stages you can select which will appear randomly.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think Cloud or Sora will reach the amount of supporters that hey can potentially get. As of right now, I think that in SSB5, another third-party will gain massive support, but unless things change, it won't be those two.

:phone:
I can't think of anyone else though. Mega Man still has not approached Sonic levels of being wanted, and he is by far the most wanted third-party character. I think for another third-party character to gain massive support it will either be through the scenario I just mentioned for Cloud and/or Sora, or people will gravitate toward another character that had a long history on Nintendo consoles.

Perhaps people will want much more third-party choices after Smash 4, considering that the bottom of the barrel will have already been scrapped.

However, I can definitely see there being attempts to build up another massive third-party cult after Mega Man's confirmation. Sora is a possibility considering that there will be a new Kingdom Hearts spinoff for the 3DS, however, there are a lot of people who have animosity towards him in the Smash Bros. fanbase.

Still, I think if we get a third-party newcomer aside from Mega Man, it will be from a developer coming forward to request it to Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I can't think of anyone else though. Mega Man still has not approached Sonic levels of being wanted, and he is by far the most wanted third-party character. I think for another third-party character to gain massive support it will either be through the scenario I just mentioned for Cloud and/or Sora, or people will gravitate toward another character that had a long history on Nintendo consoles.

Perhaps people will want much more third-party choices after Smash 4, considering that the bottom of the barrel will have already been scrapped.

However, I can definitely see there being attempts to build up another massive third-party cult after Mega Man's confirmation. Sora is a possibility considering that there will be a new Kingdom Hearts spinoff for the 3DS, however, there are a lot of people who have animosity towards him in the Smash Bros. fanbase.

Still, I think if we get a third-party newcomer aside from Mega Man, it will be from a developer coming forward to request it to Sakurai.
I think the main reason why Mega Man is so highly wanted mainly has to do with his history with Nintendo consoles. It is for this reason why I feel that unless the circumstances you laid out for Sora and Cloud are fulfilled that the next massively requested third-party character will be someone with a large Nintendo history However, the "next-in-line" for the popular third-party choice will be difficult to decide if neither Sora or Cloud are highly requested. Some people may say Slime, but Japanese are requesting specific Square Enix characters in general, not just Slime, and Slime has the "generic enemy" stigma attached to him. Layton is also possible if his series expands well enough, but I don't think he has the potential to be the next highly requested third-party character right now (maybe SSB5). I have seen quite a few people rally behind Bomberman back in the day, but support for him has dropped significantly (the same goes for Pac-man). Ryu Hayabusa has a chance of him getting support, but his mature elements is discouraging people from supporting him and that he isn't as well known as others.

It is for this reason why I concur with you in that Mega Man will likely be the only third-party newcomer that gets in by popular requests (if he is even in) for this game. Mega Man doesn't have the "generic stigma" issue, he doesn't have to worry about many competition from other characters within the same company (I only see Ryu getting in over Mega Man), he has a well established, long-running series that is loved by many, he hasn't been forgotten about by many (recent months have only give him publicity about the status of the Mega Man franchise), and isn't super mature. I believe that SSB4 speculators that goes on to SSB5 should pay careful attention to what happens with the third-party scene. Mega Man got his fan base increased immensely after Sonic's confirmation and it has only grown with time. If fans wants to repeat this same feat again, they will have to rally behind someone with a large history with Nintendo during the development of this game and continue to grow it, but even then, as shown with Geno in SSBB, there is no guarantee it will succeed.

Edit: Just thought about Travis Touchdown being a massively requested third-party character, but I believe if that happen, he would still probably not get playable status, but instead, the title of "Geno of SSB4".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think that is the case with many people here.

I am curious though about what characters will become the most requested for Smash 5? The field of requests will look very barren.
I bet there will be one guy on here for Meowth and the duck hunting dog. :troll:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Probably a slew of characters that don't get into SSB4, a number of assist trophies that are introduced in SSB4, the return of removed characters, new franchises that pop up, characters that are by then old enough to have a chance at a retro slot, EVEN MORE 3rd parties, and obscurities.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay, here is what I'm going with:

Pokemon Trainer N: Was created by the "Godly" Pokemon. (Probably Arceus)

3rd Party support: I am going to guess that Megaman will be the shining supporter amongst a lot of people who haven't decided what Square supporter to pick. I can see a lot of support for a lot of different 3rd parties going on, with Megaman being a clear cut leader.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Seriously, how many raptures and old calander endings are going to happen within that time frame.

Sakurai is just going to keep delaying the game because he doesn't like to leave projects unfinished.

I think Viewtiful Joe and Rayman are lame characters. Especially Rayman. And Viewtiful Joe.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'KNOW. The more I think about Saki the more doubtful I am of him. He's like another Ray. Really great character that would fit amazingly well in Smash, but may just not have what it takes to MAKE IT.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Saki is a step above Ray though.

I feel Mii's, Little Mac, and Isaac are good enough candidates, Sak and Starfyi are iffy, and Ray is pretty much not going to happen. At least that's how I feel. Right now, I think Shulk and Elza ARE VERY iffy, but as time goes on I think their support, and their posiions will become clear. I wish that Nimble Sakura warrior was a full fledge game, not an Eshop thing. Otherwise it may have had a chance at being playable.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Saki is a step above Ray for sure.

I agree with pretty much everything else you said. Takamaru I am FAIRLY CONFIDENT ABOUT, then the possibility of a third-party character would bring five new series. I GUESS THAT'S... OKAY.

I keep toying around with roster images, and if I could juuust remove Snake and Sonic then that would leave just enough space for Palutena and Dixie. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I still have confidence in Saki based on what Sakurai stated on the dojo. But overall the only AT character I have no doubts about would be Little Mac.

Also I'll be 21 by 2014.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
30 by 2014. Depends when it releases. I got a Halloween birthday.

IMO, with a few exceptions, I'd say every Assist Trophy has a fighting chance as becoming a full-fledged character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think that quite a few of you will stick around for Smash 5 since many of you will still be in college during the pre-Smash 5 years.

Hmm, Hyper Falcon is definitely older than me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Genesect

"Lucario is a disgrace to the steel type community!"

B: Techno Drive – Genesect braces his body by widening out it’s legs and shoulders, and begins to power up it’s massive laser on it’s back. Basically, you hold be, and from here, depending on which direction your analog stick is pointing, techno drive will switch types.
B alone: Sends out a normal typed techno drive beam. It simply blasts forward in a straight line, not special type-effects after it hits the opponent.

B+Up: Burn Drive is blasted diagonally in the air. The red beam will leave a burning effect on the opponent.
B+Forwards: Douse drive starts horizontal, but quickly comes down. The beam is shorter, and more closed ranged. It would be used to push your opponents back because the wave of water type techno blast has a similar effect as Mario’s FLUDD. It DOES do damage, but much less than the rest of the techno blasts.
B+Backwards: Genesect snickers, and turns his body backwards to shoot a horizontal Shock drive behind himself. It leaves a slight shocking effect on the opponent.
B+Down: Genesect jumps diagonally into the air and blasts a chill drive down at where it once stood.

ForwardB: Genesects “hands” glow white and he proceeds to use fury cutter. The first strike is with his left poker, and it slices from left to right. If you tap B a second time after using he will will lunge forward with a sharp, piercing jab. If you tap be a third time Genesect will preform X Scissors, and slice you up good with a big X-Cross

UpB: Genesects cannon shoots off a magnet bomb directly above it, and his metal body rises with it, ya know…he’s metal. Touching the magnet bomb will cause an expolosion similar to Link’s bomb, so don’t touch it.. plus, it will cause Genesect to to rise, you jerks.

DownB: Metal sound booms a tuning fork noise, and similar to jigglypuff’s sing, it will cause the opponent to be immobilized. Unlike Jigglypuff’s sing, it can be used in the air AND has a slightly bigger range.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The moment I hear Smash 5 is announced, I doubt I could resist coming back here. IT'S IN MY BLOOD.

Aaand I'll be 24 in 2014. :V

Omega is older than me by a few months. Gross.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're alll HAGS!

Oahaahahaha! :awesome:

laugh strikes again.

I'll be 21.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I personally felt if it had Ridley and Mewtwo, Brawl's roster would have been "complete" for me. Other guys like Toad, Mega Man, Roy, K. Rool, Little Mac, and Dixie Kong would simply be icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom