• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, no... Diddy's A moves, including Smash attacks, stay the same... the only changes are his Side+B which is still the same except Dixie now throws him (maybe with her hair like you said)... and his Down+B which is replaced with the tagging move to switch the Kongs. Dixie gets similar/different A moves and unique B moves and the ability to float like Peach by spinning her hair around.
Oh yeah... I guess Diddy would probably stay the same. Tends to be Sakurai's policy, unfortunately. STILL, at least Dixie could use Diddy in some of her attacks. I mean, it's a much more interesting use of a tag team.

As dumb and impractical as it sounds, perhaps you could choose whether you want to use them as a team, or separately. By default they would be a team, but if you SO DESIRED you could select which one to play as separately in the same way you can select between Zelda and Sheik. ENTERTAINING IDEAS AGAIN.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dixie can't float like Peach. But her helicopter spin will make an awesome Up B though.

:phone:
Yes, she can... the controls would be the same as Peach's float. Hold down the jump button (X or Y) to start spinning around. Although Dixie's float is not exactly the same as Peach's float because Dixie's float merely slows her falls while Peach's float halts her falls.

But for her Up+B move, yes, her helicopter spin can also be used similar to Link's sword spin. So, basically her helicopter spin could be used in two different ways: to float (hold the jump button) and to attack/recover (Up+B)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes. The only ways I can see the Dixie Kong fanbase being reinvigorated is if she is in Mario Kart 7 or if she appears in another Donkey Kong game during Smash 4's development (or early into it). If she does not appear in any more games during Smash 4's development, there will be barely anyone requesting her for Smash 5. I am personally hoping for both K. Rool and Dixie Kong to get in, however, presently I don't see that scenario as likely at all.
In that case, I am going to email Nintendo and ask them to make DKCR2 and include Dixie as a playable character... again.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@Chrono: That sounds about right. But do you think there'll be a war between the AT characters?
No. The only two AT's that I see who seem to be popularly requested are Little Mac and Isaac. Also, a big parameter for a war between character fanbases is the idea that there is a particular "spot" that which they are competing for. Since its anyone's guess about how many "spots" there will be for new series, there will be no inter-fanbase conflict.

Saki, Starfy, and Ray (he was up there with Isaac during the pre-Brawl days ironically), all have support too, though but much less than what Little Mac and Isaac have. Starfy and Ray have the potential to build up there support if new games in their series are released though.

Also, on the topic of Isaac, is Isaac popularly requested outside of GameFAQs? I know GameFAQs is very predisposed to RPGs, however, it seems to me that while Little Mac and Isaac are of similar popularity there, elsewhere Little Mac seems to have more support.

From veteran series, there will be some people requesting Samurai Goroh, Waluigi, Lyn, and Tingle, however, they are not as requested as they were during the pre-Brawl days. Tingle though seems to have at least maintained his support though. A new F-Zero game would easily re-invigorate Samurai Goroh supporters too.

On the topic of third-party characters, after Mega Man is confirmed, the only possible scenarios I can see for another massive popularly requested third-party character is if the Final Fantasy VII remake is announced for the Wii U (of which there will be a deluge of Cloud support), or if Kingdom Hearts III proper is a game for the Wii U (of which there will be much support for Sora). However, if none of these things happen, there will be no other third-party character bandwagons will be big enough to break into the Top 10 most requested characters.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Part of the reason some of us want a Diddy/Dixie team is that it enables us to have four Donkey Kong characters within three slots. I don't think Donkey Kong needs four slots, but at the same time it needs both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool to be complete. That's why a Diddy/Dixie team solves the problem.
So in other words, you won't admit it needs four slots?...

You slot hags. Slot number means nothing....it's only when we get WAY too many do they truely matter. Like Five Kirby slots, or Four Kid Icarus ones. Otherwise, it shouldn't matter.

@Isaac support, I'm not sure what you're asking?... The only people that REALLY think about Smash character inclusions are... well Smash speculation site users. So, with that in mind, I would say yeah he has support out of GameFAQs. I think Isaac is a better choice than Little Mac.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting although I think Goroh's and Waluigi's fanbases are about the same as ever.

@Chrono: I'd hate to bring this up but what do you think of the dark horse 3rd party, Ryu Hayabusa?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So in other words, you won't admit it needs four slots?...

You slot hags. Slot number means nothing....it's only when we get WAY too many do they truely matter. Like Five Kirby slots, or Four Kid Icarus ones. Otherwise, it shouldn't matter.
We have a limited number of slots and we need to be wise with how we spend the slots. If we get 45 slots, how many slots are each franchise going to get? If we get 50 slots, how many slots are each franchise going to get? Better yet, how many franchises are going to have characters if we have 45 slots? 50 slots?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@Chrono: I'd hate to bring this up but what do you think of the chances of the dark horse 3rd party, Ryu Hayabusa?
If Ryu Hayabusa gets in, it will be through someone at Team Ninja/Tecmo thinking it would be a good idea to include him in what is currently the most popular fighting game series. There appears to be a few arguments to support this by Ryu Hayabusa supporters:
1. Exclusive Ninja Gaiden for Nintendo DS.
2. Team Ninja developing Metroid Other M.
3. Exclusive Dead or Alive for the 3DS (which had Ryu Hayabusa as a playable character, and a Metroid cameo stage, the Geothermal Plant in Other M, that had both Samus and Ridley in it).
4. Ninja Gaiden 3 is in development for the Wii U.
5. Nintendo publishing the Fatal Frame series in Japan (and there being various Nintendo cameos in those games).

His chances basically boil down to Team Ninja/Tecmo approaching Sakurai's team. It will be like how Snake got in. Snake was not popularly requested, it was simply through developer interest.

We have a limited number of slots and we need to be wise with how we spend the slots. If we get 45 slots, how many slots are each franchise going to get? If we get 50 slots, how many slots are each franchise going to get? Better yet, how many franchises are going to have characters if we have 45 slots? 50 slots?
Limited?

We?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think you put too much emphasis on the slots. Way too much. I mean TECHNICALLY Brawl could have had like five more than it did. There is no limit on slots, there is a limit on time. Which is much different. But I'll play along with it. donkey Kong is hands down the most deserving series to get TWO newcomers this time around. Adding Dixie and K. Rool isn't an unwise choice, it's a perfectly fine one.

Limited slots means we need to RIGHT NOW PICK who is getting in/ Limited amount of time means we have room to work on a wider amount of characters, and prioritize them if time constraints pose a serious threat. Big difference.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sounds like a dark horse to me. Although you forgot his history on the NES.

Although if he did get in he'd be the first (recurring) fighting game character to make the jump into Smash.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Smash needs more ninjas. :awesome:

Still common sense says he's a dark horse for a good reason. So I do doubt him, but I do think he's underestimated.

yani_

Smash Ace
I think you put too much emphasis on the slots. Way too much. I mean TECHNICALLY Brawl could have had like five more than it did. There is no limit on slots, there is a limit on time. Which is much different. But I'll play along with it. donkey Kong is hands down the most deserving series to get TWO newcomers this time around. Adding Dixie and K. Rool isn't an unwise choice, it's a perfectly fine one.

Limited slots means we need to RIGHT NOW PICK who is getting in/ Limited amount of time means we have room to work on a wider amount of characters, and prioritize them if time constraints pose a serious threat. Big difference.
This. This. This!!!

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Smash needs more ninjas. :awesome:

Still common sense says he's a dark horse for a good reason. So I do doubt him, but I do think he's underestimated.
I concur with you. I think Ryu Hayabusa is very underestimated, but the only third-party character I see getting in is Mega Man (unless Sakurai goes off in a direction of wanting many third-party newcomers). If his attitude for guests is the same as Brawl, then there is a good chance that Mega Man will be the only third-party newcomer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My problem with non CAPCOM/NAMCO/SQUARE 3rd party additions is that they aren't Namco, Capcom, or Square... Also, if we need to add a dark horse, why not Bomberman or Simon Belmont? Konami already has an established relationship with Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I also agree that Ryu Hayabusa's chances are underrated. Definitely not likely, but I could see it happen due to recent relationships that Tecmo has formed with Nintendo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Limited?

We?
Yes. How many slots do you think SSB4 is going to have? 100? Infinite? Dream on! Realistically, how many slots do you think SSB4 would have? I would say somewhere between 45 and 50. Look at how much the roster grew in each game.

SSB: 12 slots (1 x 12 = 12)
SSBM: 25 slots (2 x 12 = 24, 24 + 1 = 25)
SSBB: 35 slots (3 x 12 = 36, 36 - 1 = 35)

So, it is very probable that SSB4 would go like this: 4 x 12 = 48. This gives us a good idea that SSB4 might have somewhere between 45 and 50 slots. Now, who are going to fill these 45-50 slots?

If I had my way, I would allocate the franchises to certain numbers of slots.

Marioverse - 7
Zeldaverse - 5
Pokemon - 5
Donkey Kong - 3
Kid Icarus - 3
Kirby - 3
Star Fox - 3
Fire Emblem - 2
Metroid - 2
Mother - 2

That's 35 slots so far. As for the remaining franchises with one character each... how many more franchises are we going to add to fill out the remaining slots? 10 more if we only have 45 slots... 15 more if we have 50 slots. And then we decide which 10-15 franchises will have a playable character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The problem is you're acting like you know the number of slots we're going to have, and judging who is getting in based on this false knowledge. You don't know how many slots we're going to have, and ultimately characters aren't limited by slot number, but time constraints. Brawl's forbidden seven and Melee's sudden addition of clones should have taught you that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I just made a topic of his inclusion on Gamefaqs, and so far people are o.k. with him. Although we'll have to wait a day or two to see the general consensus.

Also 45-50 slots? I think that was pretty obvious to begin with, no offense.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Clint: Not a dark horse until he actually makes it or at least starts standing out.

@everyone else: You can save lots of time just by saying "oh right, Arcadenik" instead of actually responding. Get a lot done in the day, like me!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm GUESSING 50 slots.

But let's not actually say something is definite, because it's not. Keep in mind that there would've been over 40 slots(including transformations) if all the characters were finished. Just saying.

Anyway, the only 'slots' I want to hear about are how many each series should have. That's a bit easier to say. Albeit, it's still hypothetical as hell.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Clint: Not a dark horse until he actually makes it or at least starts standing out.
???

Then what would you call him Toise? If you disagree then start posting your thoughts instead of just posting statements.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Apparently someone checked the Nimble Sakura Warrior trailer for the kanji for Takamaru, and no where did it appear. It appears this game might actually be an entirely new IP.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Apparently someone checked the Nimble Sakura Warrior trailer for the kanji for Takamaru, and no where did it appear. It appears this game might actually be an entirely new IP.
Good. New IP is much better news than Takamaru getting another game. As far as I'm concerned he's already a good choice. Sakurai has had some interest in him in the past, and he's recently been remade. Nimble Sakura Warrior, whatever it is may actually bring in some NEW BLOOD, like Xenoblade, and The Last Story did. SOMETHING SAKURAI IS LOOKING FOR.

As for YOU Tyranahyphen, I think in order to BE a black horse....you need to...be a black horse.. He needs to DO SOMETHING. Like Geno, he was a black horse in the pre-brawl days. He had massive rumors started, and his fanbase was LOUD. He made things happen. He got himself noticed. Ryu has clearly not...considering he isn't suggested seriously, hardly ever. Square, and Megaman are the only two "slots" in the running as far as I can tell right now. Layton sure as hell is not.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Clint: I'm saying that "dark horse" is an objective term used after someone has risen above the herd. Ryu's just your personal pick.

For more semantic fun, the word "slots" has origins in Algonquian meaning "I wish **** worked by my rules."

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
O.K. I guess I didn't really know the meaning. My mistake.

I thought it ment "underdog" or underestimated.

As for personal choice, I don't know about that, I'm more of a Mega Man supporter if you know what I mean.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Ryu is obscure... in terms of people wanting him in Smash.

If I had MY personal choice, we would get Bomberman, Geno(New Mario character, Sonic, Megaman, and Black Mage. BUT NO ONE WANTS THAT.

Not really. I've seen people call out for him in various websites. He's less voted than MegaMan, but certainly not "obscure".
Let me put it this way, if you have less "shout outs" than that Layton guy, you're obscure. Heck, if you aren't from NAMCO, CAPCOM, SQUARE, you're obscure... and probably not getting in either.

If you think Bomberman is uneeded, then you don't know your Nintendo/Gaming history very well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Ryu is obscure... in terms of people wanting him in Smash.
Not really. I've seen people call out for him in various websites. He's less voted than MegaMan, but certainly not "obscure".

Also, for your edit, the only one who I think is unneeded is Bomberman.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bomberman is an awesome character, and completely worthy of being in smash.

Anyone have fond memories of Bomberman 64?

I had a gameboy color game of his and loved it (Or was it gameboy and I was playing on the GBC?)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Bomberman is an awesome character, and completely worthy of being in smash.

Anyone have fond memories of Bomberman 64?

I had a gameboy color game of his and loved it (Or was it gameboy and I was playing on the GBC?)
My FAVORITE Bomberman game. The villains were AWESOME. Also, people forget that bomberman is one of the first true multiplayer games. Let's not forget that it just in general has a rich, long history with Nintendo.

Chrono is right about the future. White Bomber has been lacking lately... which sucks, because he's a so much better choice than a lot of the third parties people are suggesting.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
When was the last time Bomberman had a notable game? The Nintendo 64? There is also the matter of how his future is uncertain. There was a nearly complete Bomberman game for the 3DS that was cancelled as soon as Hudson was bought out by Konami.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, what could Bomberman actually do?

I've never really played his games that much so I'm curious.

Also when did, at least in Smash, Namco rise to the same status as Capcom and Square? As I don't remember having any discussions about that company.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Past, present, and future all exist simultaneously, but we can only perceive it from a linear path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom