• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I still think he may not pick both...GOING OFF WHAT HE DOES, he is usually very iffy about adding his own characters. Let's face it, Pit and KI are now his babies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I guess no one wanted to take me up on my offer. Oh well.

Diddy And Dixie, thinking about it now it would probably have ended up like in the D.K. series where you can freely switch between them, Diddy's D-Special never felt right to me, and now I think I know why.

The Goddesses, Palutena has the advantage right now IMO, but I still have a lot of hope for them both getting in. There is room on the roster for both of them even if there is no cuts IMO.

As for the Caeda bashing, I don't care if I'm on the losing team, I would like her playable. But am I going to rub and flame people about it? No.

@Shorts: I think you mean his adopted babies. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Girl Sakurai hasn't told them yet~

Anyways, I went out to pick up dinner, leaving my laptop on this site. I come back to find I'm no longer here, but in google searching K Mart. I hate that my cat sleeps on my laptop when I'm not around...

yani_

Smash Ace
Diddy and Dixie together? God no. Diddy is a great character on his own, and Dixie can be a great character on her own.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't know why you keep saying that.

Anyway, I'm not looking forward to the type of fanbase Medusa attracts. SHE'S THE BETTER PICK (:troll:), but her fanbase will probably be awful.

Since Sakurai developed Uprising with Smash in mind (am I remembering that correctly?), we'll probably be able to tell which of the two he might choose. If not both.
I have troubles seeing a Greek mythological creature in smash. I dunno. It just seems.. odd to me.

And I think Medusa will be a two-faced fan base. Most will be calm and smart, but there will be trolls and freaks (like the entire Krystal fan base). :troll:

And you're probably right on Sakurai and Uprising, assuming we get another Kid Icarus representative. Plus Sakurai was iffy about adding Meta Knight and King Dedede despite their popularity, so it's likely he won't add either.

Hmm, I guess no one wanted to take me up on my offer. Oh well.

Diddy And Dixie, thinking about it now it would probably have ended up like in the D.K. series where you can freely switch between them, Diddy's D-Special never felt right to me, and now I think I know why.

The Goddesses, Palutena has the advantage right now IMO, but I still have a lot of hope for them both getting in. There is room on the roster for both of them even if there is no cuts IMO.

As for the Caeda bashing, I don't care if I'm on the losing team, I would like her playable. But am I going to rub and flame people about it? No.
Diddy and Dixie would likely be broken as hell. Imagine Diddy as good as he is in Brawl teaming with Dixie if she was as good as Diddy Kong in Brawl, and you had both! That would be ****. Everyone would lose.

On top of that, it would be simply easier to have both of them separated, especially since they are both completely different.

Palutena has the advantage, for sure. Also, I don't think there is much of a chance we'd get 3 Kid Icarus representatives. Technically we still only have one Metroid representative in two forms, and Metroid is a much bigger and more popular franchise, with much more games that have sold way more units. Kid Icarus also stole Metroid's engine, and is a Metroid clone. :troll:

Not sure who Caeda is, but support whoever you want to support. Except Tingle. Tingle supporters need to be hunted. I'm 100% sure they are connected to Al Queda... >.>

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Except Dixie is not in the game.
Mewtwo isn't in the game. Mewtwo deconfirmed for SSB4! :troll:

But seriously, why is that? Is it because Sakurai doesn't like the idea anymore? Is it because he realized that fans wanted King K. Rool more than Dixie Kong? No and no. He simply had a hard time getting the concept to work right and he couldn't waste time fixing one character when he had other characters, stages, etc. to work on... so he simply reduced the team into one character.

I have my suspicions about Diddy's Side+B and Down+B. His Side+B could have been Dixie throwing Diddy just like in DKC2... instead Diddy just throws himself across. His Down+B animation where he throws a banana looks like he is reaching back, waiting for Dixie to tag him.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Palutena has the advantage, for sure. Also, I don't think there is much of a chance we'd get 3 Kid Icarus representatives. Technically we still only have one Metroid representative in two forms, and Metroid is a much bigger and more popular franchise, with much more games that have sold way more units. Kid Icarus also stole Metroid's engine, and is a Metroid clone. :troll:

Not sure who Caeda is, but support whoever you want to support. Except Tingle. Tingle supporters need to be hunted. I'm 100% sure they are connected to Al Queda... >.>
Metroid? Well other then Ridley there isn't really another good or requested rep. Although I'm pretty sure some people after E3 will find someone. :facepalm:

Caeda? She's Marth's wife. She uses a lance and sword to attack. Check the backroom moveset thread for more info.

As for Tingle, check gamefaqs, Al Queda already has that place under their control for sure. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Johnknight, you said that a Diddy/Dixie team would be broken. Why is that? I mean, the only reason Diddy is near broken is because he had bananas that make opponents trip. If he is teamed with Dixie, Diddy's bananas are removed and Down+B is now the tagging move.

Johnknight, you said that a Diddy/Dixie team would be broken. Why is that? I mean, the only reason Diddy is near broken is because he had bananas that make opponents trip. If he is teamed with Dixie, Diddy's bananas are removed and Down+B is now the tagging move.
Bananas + Chain grabbing

*Looks at ICs*

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
All this talk of Toad v Junior reminded me of something I wrote a while back...

I never truly saw a divide in the Smash Brothers speculating community until recently. I see my peers who have been around the community since I was a kid. I’ve always assumed that the reasons they were right about everything was because they were older, and I myself just don’t “understand it yet”. For about a year now, this has been my major theory as to why I just don’t see the reason older gamers back up Toad, and count out Krystal so much. It was only a few weeks ago that I thought to myself, as an eighteen year old, perhaps my brain hasn’t fully developed yet, and like a growing child, I’ll understand these concepts when I get older. I recently had an epiphany, and the idea that suddenly appeared in my mind is this. It’s not that I’m too young and that I just don’t understand or cannot comprehend their reasoning yet, it’s that I will never understand their reasoning, because I am of a younger generation. The value they see in characters like Toad, Falco, and Wolf will never truly be realized by myself because I didn’t grow up in an era where they were the head honchos. By the age thirteen, Krystal and Bowser Jr. had made their debut and I myself was born into the age of “You just don’t understand”.

It’s easily argued that Toad plays the role of wall flower, and does it well, it’s also easy to argue that Krystal plays the role of Secondary character better than Falco, and also had the “Love Interest” role covered. These two roles alone bring her to a higher status than Falco and Wolf. I’ve argued these points more times than I can count, and what I’ve realized is that either these older peers of mine don’t care, or they too don’t get me, just like I don’t get them. Is it possible that my view of the future and their recollections of the past will never see eye to eye? Are we both at fault for our sides? Do we just have mindsets to blame?

It’s now that I realize, it’s not only I, that do not get you, my older peers, but it’s you just don’t seem to understand me either. So, with this thought off my chest, I can take a sigh of relief, and conjure up a little smile. (:

I hope you can tell this isn't any sort of attack, just a sort of thought I had randomly. Also, here is some more to go with this, although it's out of context, the meat of it really helps with my reasoning behind this:

Well of course I'm speaking in generalizations, and it makes sense for someone who grew up with the same materials as older games to side with older games. I myself play N64 as a kid, but I didn't go through my teen years playing this system. I find that your teenage/pretteen years play a cruitial role in who and why you side with the side that you do. I played Mario Sunshine just as much as I played Mario 64. I think it's because I played Sunshine and later Assualt as a teen and as I started to develope the idea of complex relationships between characters and which role I deemed more important really started to blossom. I once I began to look at games in a more complex way I think that's when I recognized Bowser Jr. as a Semi Boss/secondary antagonist and Toad as a minor character. It could be that older generations, or you for example, didn't have that role or character type within the Mario series, but they had Toad. Who they then probably deemed an important character based on what he did then. The argument is the same for StarFox.

I guess what it comes down to in the end is this: They tend to look in the past and say "Hey, look what Toad did for the series, look what he made for you" while I tend to say "Well look right NOW, and look what's to come. Do you see what Bowser Jr. is doing?".

I think another way to look at is that if for some crazy reason Rosalina becomes a staple character in a Mario Galaxy franchise, six years down the road there will be kids saying "How can you NOT see how Important she is!". Do you think it will be easy for Me and even the older posters to look at this and agree?

I've already heard repsonses from Toise, Chu, and Star from the SSB4 discussion group, but I'm curious what the rest of you think.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Metroid? Well other then Ridley there isn't really another good or requested rep. Although I'm pretty sure some people after E3 will find someone. :facepalm:

Caeda? She's Marth's wife. She uses a lance and sword to attack. Check the backroom moveset thread for more info.

As for Tingle, check gamefaqs, Al Queda already has that place under their control for sure. :troll:
Metroid could have Dark Samus or that one Metroid Prime Hunter guy... >.>

Oh, lol at Cadeda. In my ROM of FE3 she goes under a different name.

Even if you do that, Diddy is still is over powered in Brawl. Dixie and Diddy are both too unique to be an effective team without being better split. Think about all of the switch character ideas so far (not transformations like the PT or Shelda). The Ice Climbers are one character in a male/female form. Plusle and Minun have nearly all of the same attacks. On top of that, the Ice Climbers also have several ridiculously broken chain grabs in both smash bros games. Sakurai and the Smash 4 development team do not need another situation like that to happen again.

Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong have several unique special attacks, have different histories, and really don't fight alike other than they both are fast monkeys and have a very finesse-based style. You would be holding both of their unique potential move sets back by sticking them together as a team.

Also, I like Diddy's nanners and his forward B. His nanners really force Diddy's opponents to fight him, which is one of the rare offensive spark plugs in Brawl (I do think they could be a tad easier to escape from, though). His forward B I think is based off a move from DK64 or DKC, and it is a great medium-range situational move.

I doubt Diddy & Dixie would have worked like you're thinking, John.

Wait until you get into competitive gaming. You'll see the wrath of the duo.... And bananas.

Either way, there's gonna be de-synching in the Diddy/Dixie team. No doubt about it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Wait until you get into competitive gaming. You'll see the wrath of the duo.... And bananas.

Either way, there's gonna be de-synching in the Diddy/Dixie team. No doubt about it.
If they were going to be like Ice Climbers, then why would that have presented any technical problems.

Pretty sure only one would have been attacking at a time, just like in the DKC games.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If they were going to be like Ice Climbers, then why would that have presented any technical problems.

Pretty sure only one would have been attacking at a time, just like in the DKC games.
I remember going through a period of I MUST LEARN HOW TO IC CHAINGRAB. I can see them being devestating if they're able to chaingrab, AND have two movesets at their disposal.

Ice Climbers have the ability to "de-synch" which means de-synchronize without being separated. This makes chain grabs way more effective and..... Kill characters from 0%. LOL. It happens to me during MMs. Pwwaaaah D:

Some weird combo while de-synching:

Popo - P
Nana - N

P (F-throw) --> N (F-throw) --> P (U-throw) N (Footstool lol) --> DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN LOLOLOLOL

That's if Diddy/Dixie will be a duo. Unless there will be some technical differences.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ice Climbers have the ability to "de-synch" which means de-synchronize without being separated. This makes chain grabs way more effective and..... Kill characters from 0%. LOL. It happens to me during MMs. Pwwaaaah D:

That's if Diddy/Dixie will be a duo. Unless there will be some technical differences.
I was referring to the technical problems the kept Dixie out of Brawl. Those problems wouldn't have existed if they were going to be like Ice Climbers, because the Ice Climbers weren't removed. :awesome: SO, they probably wouldn't have been like the Ice Climbers.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Haven't you thought of the possibility that Dixie might not be attacking opponents when she is behind Diddy? I mean, with the Ice Climbers, Nana can attack opponents when she is behind Popo and she can get KO'd. But with the Kongs, the Kong follower cannot attack opponents and cannot get KO'd because he or she is intangible. That might fix the chaingrab issue.

Haven't you thought of the possibility that Dixie might not be attacking opponents when she is behind Diddy? I mean, with the Ice Climbers, Nana can attack opponents when she is behind Popo and she can get KO'd. But with the Kongs, the Kong follower cannot attack opponents and cannot get KO'd because he or she is intangible. That might fix the chaingrab issue.
So what's the use of Dixie then? She'll just follow Diddy?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I was thinking they could be a transformation/switch character, using D-Special to switch between each other. It would get rid of the bananas...

Anyway together or a part I do think they're both additions to the cast.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think if Kid Icarus Uprising really does end up being a massive hit, then Palutena and Medusa both deserve to be in.

Assuming Palutena (or Medusa) gets in when the game is unveiled, then we likely won't have an epic war rivalry for Kid Icarus (however, assuming we don't get our first newcomers unveiled into 2013, then we will have a war rivalry).

However, the Mario newcomer spot will definitely shape up to be this. You will have at least three major factions (not two) fighting for what is likely one spot (and one of which likely will remain hidden until the game's release).

Although both K. Rool and Dixie Kong are popularly requested, most of the Dixie fans have accepted that K. Rool gets priority over her in terms of being deserving. I am not sure whether the Dixie Kong fans will fight for her inclusion like the King Dedede fanbase did after Meta Knight's.

Pokemon is the only other series that I can see there being a "great war" in regards to a spot. However, that is only under specific conditions.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I can fix the issue. Keep Dixie and Diddy seperate, OR I'LL MAKE K. ROOL BE THE NEWCOMER. You hear me? That will give you something to whine about! ~My inner father

I can fix the issue. Keep Dixie and Diddy seperate, OR I'LL MAKE K. ROOL BE THE NEWCOMER. You hear me? That will give you something to whine about! ~My inner father
This

Late reply:

@John: Diddy ain't OP.

It's only the bananas, his ground attacks and those grabs but his air game is WEAK. The only good aerial I know is his f-air. I think I'm only saying Diddy isn't OP because he isn't hard to deal with when I use Snake.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So what's the use of Dixie then? She'll just follow Diddy?
Yes, she just follows Diddy around until when you want to switch the Kongs with the Down+B. The way I see it, the Kong team would have the outside appearance like the Ice Climbers but plays like a transforming character like Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer.

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said:
Although both K. Rool and Dixie Kong are popularly requested, most of the Dixie fans have accepted that K. Rool gets priority over her in terms of being deserving. I am not sure whether the Dixie Kong fans will fight for her inclusion like the King Dedede fanbase did after Meta Knight's.
They probably won't. King Dedede was much more highly requested and much more relevant to Nintendo then Dixie Kong was at the time. Unless she becomes relevant again, I see the fan base tapering off after SSB4.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Mewtwo isn't in the game. Mewtwo deconfirmed for SSB4! :troll:
I think you missed the point. Your trying to say Dixie almost getting in is somehow Sakurai not listening.But it doesn't matter as she didn't get in.

I think if Kid Icarus Uprising really does end up being a massive hit, then Palutena and Medusa both deserve to be in.

Assuming Palutena (or Medusa) gets in when the game is unveiled, then we likely won't have an epic war rivalry for Kid Icarus (however, assuming we don't get our first newcomers unveiled into 2013, then we will have a war rivalry).

However, the Mario newcomer spot will definitely shape up to be this. You will have at least three major factions (not two) fighting for what is likely one spot (and one of which likely will remain hidden until the game's release).

Pokemon is the only other series that I can see there being a "great war" in regards to a spot. However, that is only under specific conditions.
Hard to say as no one really fights. It comes down to who Sakurai wants. Just we don't know what that is until later down the line.

And aside, but Dixie and K Rool will probably get it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yes, she just follows Diddy around until when you want to switch the Kongs with the Down+B. The way I see it, the Kong team would have the outside appearance like the Ice Climbers but plays like a transforming character like Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer.
I'd imagine their smash attacks would utilize their partner? Y'know, Dixie throwing Diddy forward with her hair or something.

Hmmm. Maybe they could be pretty powerful attacks, but also have the potential to lose your partner if they get attacked instead. Tossing ideas around here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They don't need to change much about Diddy if they want a Kong duo. Though, the idea would be kind of out dated now if they won't make a DKC game soon starring Diddy and Dixie (DKCR2, yes please). I'm neutral towards it really though.

Adding Krystal imo is also kind of an outdated idea. Her moveset would rely heavily on SFA, which is a rather old game by now. And I doubt we'll ever see Krystal
fight with her staff again. Star Fox also has 3 characters.already, which is enough to me.

No problem with Krystal myself, she would be cool but I dont see it happening.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This. IMO would be the best way to handle it.

@Chrono: That sounds about right. But do you think there'll be a war between the AT characters?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They could still keep the bananas though. Diddy or Dixie could drop bananas before and behind them after switching, so they won't be as easily attacked.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Part of the reason some of us want a Diddy/Dixie team is that it enables us to have four Donkey Kong characters within three slots. I don't think Donkey Kong needs four slots, but at the same time it needs both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool to be complete. That's why a Diddy/Dixie team solves the problem.

I'd imagine their smash attacks would utilize their partner? Y'know, Dixie throwing Diddy forward with her hair or something.

Hmmm. Maybe they could be pretty powerful attacks, but also have the potential to lose your partner if they get attacked instead. Tossing ideas around here.
Oh, no... Diddy's A moves, including Smash attacks, stay the same... the only changes are his Side+B which is still the same except Dixie now throws him (maybe with her hair like you said)... and his Down+B which is replaced with the tagging move to switch the Kongs. Dixie gets similar/different A moves and unique B moves and the ability to float like Peach by spinning her hair around.

They could still keep the bananas though. Diddy or Dixie could drop bananas before and behind them after switching, so they won't be as easily attacked.

*Shivers*

That's scary but I'm fine with it..... I guess....:urg:

As long as only 2 bananas at one time. NOT 4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
They probably won't. King Dedede was much more highly requested and much more relevant to Nintendo then Dixie Kong was at the time. Unless she becomes relevant again, I see the fan base tapering off after SSB4.
Yes. The only ways I can see the Dixie Kong fanbase being reinvigorated is if she is in Mario Kart 7 or if she appears in another Donkey Kong game during Smash 4's development (or early into it). If she does not appear in any more games during Smash 4's development, there will be barely anyone requesting her for Smash 5. I am personally hoping for both K. Rool and Dixie Kong to get in, however, presently I don't see that scenario as likely at all.

Heck, the F-Zero fanbase is pretty demoralized right now after having three games with no second character and no new game since 2004. Its such a shame too considering that F-Zero is easily among the best series in Smash Bros.

There also exists no popularly requested newcomers for the Kirby and Zelda series like there was for Brawl. Ghirahim could become one though. There also seems to be little support for both Goroh and Black Shadow.

The only newcomers for Smash 4 that seem to be heavily requested are Ridley, K. Rool, Mega Man, Little Mac, Isaac, the Mario trio (Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr.), and Mewtwo. Throw in Roy and Takamaru if you are a Japanese Smash fan. Palutena and Medusa may join to that list if Kid Icarus Uprising is a big hit.

On a sidenote regarding Takamaru, there has been no proof yet that the main hero of Nimble Sakura Warrior is indeed Takamaru. There is a Japanese interview that Sakurai has with the developers in the game though. It is a video of the Iwata Asks format.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie can't float like Peach. But her helicopter spin will make an awesome Up B though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I just looked but it looks like the Kid Icarus (3D) E-Shop re-release will be free for download like Excitebike (3D). Interesting...

EDIT: Wait, never mind. It's going to a Japanese Club Nintendo thing for it at least being free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom