• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm, i suppose i'll be doing my HSC by then. Hmmm.....

Shortie when you get the roster review do you think you could PM it to me? That'd be great.

SSB5, hmm? I wonder whether we'll all be stuck for ideas by then?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Do you think Sakurai will even be interested in SSB5? I mean... I know we said this about SSB4, but I mean.... I just wonder... will he be up for it do you think?

KarinforSSB4>MegamanforSSB4

@ Luco, yeah I'm burnt out on them, so don't expect it for another week or so. Just did way too many, in too little time...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I honestly don't see what would even warrant a Smash 5, let alone us actually getting one...

I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't be excited for it at all if it happened.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, I'm just wanting SSB4 to turn out the best as possible, even more of a reason if it were to be Sakurai's final Smash in development, I could live with 4 Smash installments. (if done right)

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Do you think Sakurai will even be interested in SSB5? I mean... I know we said this about SSB4, but I mean.... I just wonder... will he be up for it do you think?
I am doubting that he'll be interested in another one. I think he'll use up all of his ideas for this game and call it quits.

But that's then and this is now, so lets wait for this game and see whenever or not he would be interested in another one.

On another topic, who wants the flickers item to return from Melee?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SSB5?

I'm pretty sure you all are overthinking things, as like every sequel it'll be pretty much everything that didn't get into the last game and various improvements.

@SSBF: I think you mean Flippers, but yeah I would like them to return.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am excited about Kirby's Return to Dream Land. I remember when it was announced as Kirby GCN back in 2005. Its ironic how it ended up becoming a late Wii game when it was intended to be a late GameCube game. The only other Wii game I planning on buying is of course Skyward Sword.

Reminiscing, I noticed that the Wii U has had far less hype than the Wii did. There has also been nothing shown or mentioned about the Wii U since E3. I know at E3 2012 Nintendo will at the very least have a Mario platformer of some kind and Pikmin 3 (as well as the two Mii mini-game collections). However, if they wish to get the attention of avid gamers, they better at least have something to show for Smash 4, even if it is just a cgi-trailer.

D

Deleted member

Looks like Skyward Swords reviews are coming in. There are two I am aware of, One is from ONM, which gave it a 98% and Edge who gave it a perfect score.

What I'm really curious to see how people think of Ghirahim and how well this title is received. Hopefully by these reviews scores, it is very positive.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
ssb5? shouldnt we let them at least START MAKING the next 2 already announced games before we start smash 5 speculation?

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
what if waddle dee were a character? if you support toad you should also support waddle dee as he's very similar character wise.

1) He sucks and would't be a good fighter
2) He's already part of a different character's moveset
3) He's playable in games but never as the main character
4) He's the next most popular character in his series that doesn't already have a character

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Man, this thread's topic are starting to wear thin, IMO. I'm getting bored and still come here. I think I'll be taking a break from this site soon.

Unless... Shortie, are there some really good stuff in the old SSB4 thread? Like ideas for game modes or stages or is it mostly character discussion?

Looks like Skyward Swords reviews are coming in. There are two I am aware of, One is from ONM, which gave it a 98% and Edge who gave it a perfect score.

What I'm really curious to see how people think of Ghirahim and how well this title is received. Hopefully by these reviews scores, it is very positive.
I've heard about those. First two reviews are perfect or near-perfect scores. Of course one is from a Nintendo magazine, but nevertheless, it shows something.

Skyward Sword is the one definite purchase I will make for my Wii this year for Christmas. I'm definitely considering Kirby too, although I'm not set on it.

BTW, listening to LTJ Bukem right now. DAT DRUM & BASS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, people have been begging for Karin....
They should add Megaman to Tekken x Street Fighter, and Karin to SSB4! Everyone wins~

@Javacroc The old SSB4 thread is where a lot of epic posters like Toise, Pieman, and a bunch of others got into it. Yes. They ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTED. There is some gold in there. Some REAL GOLD.

There is game mode stuff, but the character discussion is what I've always focused on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am excited about Kirby's Return to Dream Land. I remember when it was announced as Kirby GCN back in 2005. Its ironic how it ended up becoming a late Wii game when it was intended to be a late GameCube game. The only other Wii game I planning on buying is of course Skyward Sword.

Reminiscing, I noticed that the Wii U has had far less hype than the Wii did. There has also been nothing shown or mentioned about the Wii U since E3. I know at E3 2012 Nintendo will at the very least have a Mario platformer of some kind and Pikmin 3 (as well as the two Mii mini-game collections). However, if they wish to get the attention of avid gamers, they better at least have something to show for Smash 4, even if it is just a cgi-trailer.
Well, unless I got my news wrong, apparently the Wii U can't play DVDs, another hit to its usefulness. Sorry to say, but in this day and age, having a system that plays Compact Disc-types should be able to play DVD's, Music CD's, MP3's, etc(minimum being Music CD's and DVD's). There's no excuse to not add in it. It's harder to compete when the rest of the CD-based systems DO nowadays.

That, and if you really can only use one Tablet, that hurts the system as well. Multiplayer happens to have multiple controllers, and there's still many who prefer non-Wii Remotes in anything competitive. It's sad, but true. Plus, batteries cost more money. Also, two Wii Tablets being playable would really help the hype out.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Awesome. Thanks. Now I need to find a link to it again, since it's so damn hard to find.
I'll whip one up for you. I have it in my past posts somewhere. KEEP a lookout for posters like Toise, Pieman, Arcade, Chu, and TheThirdKoopa.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Javacroc The old SSB4 thread is where a lot of epic posters like Toise, Pieman, and a bunch of others got into it. Yes. They ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTED. There is some gold in there. Some REAL GOLD.

There is game mode stuff, but the character discussion is what I've always focused on.
Hmm, sounds like stuff you'll have to see to believe. But it would explain a lot... :rolleyes:

Awesome. Thanks. Now I need to find a link to it again, since it's so damn hard to find.
Let me know if you find it, I'm going to be looking also. ;)

OmegaXXII

Well, unless I got my news wrong, apparently the Wii U can't play DVDs, another hit to its usefulness. Sorry to say, but in this day and age, having a system that plays Compact Disc-types should be able to play DVD's, Music CD's, MP3's, etc. There's no excuse to not add in it. It's harder to compete when the rest of the CD-based systems DO nowadays.

That, and if you really can only use one Tablet, that hurts the system as well. Multiplayer happens to have multiple controllers, and there's still many who prefer non-Wii Remotes in anything competitive. It's sad, but true. Plus, batteries cost more money. Also, two Wii Tablets being playable would really help the hype out.
Pretty much this, the Wii-U should be equiped to handle more than the "ordinary" system, but then again it should also be cheaper as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Implying NO ONE contributes in this one! :awesome:

Anyway, how did SS get reviews already?

I was implying that the posters like Toise and Pieman don't... because they don't.

HERE IS THE LINK

I suggest looking in the thousands and higher. You'll see a lot of familar faces if you do. The stuff before the thousands is kinda poop, but thousands and further gets better. You just gotta dig around a bit to find gold..

@Oasis We have Ryu Hotsauce and RIDER taken seriously here. We're pretty weird.

Who's RIDEly?

OmegaXXII

Man, I totally missed out on some good potential discussions back then in that old thread, I was to busy with school. :/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty much this, the Wii-U should be equiped to handle more than the "ordinary" system, but then again it should also be cheaper as well.

It can still be cheap and play Music and DVD's. That's really the only thing needed.

But what bothers me the most is having one Wii Tablet. Why bother making a new controller if you can't use it for multiplayer?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I found it myself, thanks for the links though. Still I have nothing else better to do so I might as well take a look.

I can see why some of the old posters there don't contribute here, and personally I don't blame them, they're more worn out about SSB4 then we currently are.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I just found Starphoenix arguing against Ridley.

I never want to look in that old thread again.
I just saw someone say "I don't ever want to see Meowth playable, BTW INFERNAPE FOR SMASH4!

Chikorita, Combusken, Empoleon seem better since it crosses generations. Plus, Johto and Hoenn need a bit of love, right?

(Still don't think we'll see another PT though)
-Pieman
Dear god how I hate cross generation Pokemon Trainers.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Meowth WAS a popularly requested character during the pre-Melee days. The three most requested Pokemon newcomers in the pre-Melee days were Mewtwo, Meowth, and Heracross. Heracross was by far the most requested Pokemon for the second generation, and many argued that it was the mascot for second-gen.

Also, there was A LOT of idiots who wanted Jigglypuff cut and thought there was no point to Jigglypuff being in the game (Smash 64) and that Melee's Pokemon representation should consist of Pikachu, a first gen newcomer, and a second gen newcomer. I had to constantly defend Jigglypuff.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
kinda wish iblis was present when y'all were talking about SSB5.

I will be 23-ish in 2014

mmm... i missed the old thread... until it turned to poop.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
kinda wish iblis was present when y'all were talking about SSB5.

I will be 23-ish in 2014

mmm... i missed the old thread... until it turned to poop.
When was that? Also, anyone who argues Heracross was the mascot for Gen2 is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom