• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think one GIF is going to kill me. I can do a Bomberman GIF when I get off work.

BTW, Dragon Quest confirmed for Smash Bros Omega. ;)

majora_787

Smash Hero
. . . Metal Overlord? xD That's a new one. Almost as good as when everyone on another community kept misspelling my name as Mechanical Surgeon.

=\ ... I swear, it isn't that hard, is it? xDD But anyway...

I know nobody plans to sit and do vs for days and days. But yeah, just doing modes with characters will probably work.

And I'm gonna make a serious effort to stay away from spoilers! o^o I just hope it works.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
As long as they make unlockable characters hard, but exciting then it will all be good, personally i'm looking forward to such a thing being done.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The next smash bros is called "Super Smash Bros Omega"?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm kidding Omega. A couple of pages ago you asked what Masahiro Sakurai was saying about Dragon Quest X. So I said what I did. ;)

How can I work on avatar when you never sent me the renders? :glare:

OmegaXXII

The next smash bros is called "Super Smash Bros Omega"?
That would be the best idea ever, but seriously something like Arean or Clash would be nice, something darkish?

I'm kidding Omega. A couple of pages ago you asked what Masahiro Sakurai was saying about Dragon Quest X. So I said what I did. ;)

How can I work on avatar when you never sent me the renders? :glare:
Aww, for a second there, I was overhyped and I actually believed you. :urg:

I did send you the pics, its in your VM lol.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
As long as they make unlockable characters hard, but exciting then it will all be good, personally i'm looking forward to such a thing being done.
we need a challenge in ssb4. unlocking all characters and take 1 week to get everybody.i go wit super smash bros alpha it sounds good of a name:D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who is up for Ultra Smash Bros 4, Hyper Smash Bros 4, Super Ultra Hyper Smash Bros 4 and Smash Bros 4 Arcade Edition?

D

Deleted member

Okay, so because Victini is on the Pokemon Center Store logo, it's an interesting find... but if Meowth is on the Pokemon Center Store logo, nobody notices?

I actually did notice that when you brought it up as you are right, it keeps him somewhat relevant. However, I think the fact that Meowth was on a Pokemon Center logo since 1998 made it kind of unnoticeable.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What, MK9? I heard it's a good game, hmm... i just hope Nintendo doesn't EVER charge for online service the way they do, just a big turnoff.
Well, actually, they only charge you if you buy a used copy of it, and even then you only need to spend $10 and the pass never expires.

Activision is one step away from that, though.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
mk9 i heard fatality are so badass i never played the game before but i like mortal kombat 2
Yep, they are. Look up one of Sub-Zero's or Kung Lao's fatalities, they are sick. MK9 doesn't have friendships, though. :urg:

I'd love to see some kind of friendship variant in Smash, if there was a way to do it that makes sense...

OmegaXXII

Yep, they are. Look up one of Sub-Zero's or Kung Lao's fatalities, they are sick. MK9 doesn't have friendships, though. :urg:

I'd love to see some kind of friendship variant in Smash, if there was a way to do it that makes sense...

Well, for starters a good Super smash would be good, it's sort of like a final smash but it doesn't necessarly knock you out, its sort of like a damage racker that os done with combo's, sort of like Street Fighter for example, reversals like the "Alpha Counter" would be nice as well, just a reversal of sorts would definetly bring something new.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
New topic.

We get previous installments' stages every game. Why not extend the concept to characters? While regular characters are unlocked via Adventure Mode, "Retro" characters are unlocked through more arcane methods (getting 10 kills in Cruel mode gets you Retro MK, 100-man gets Retro Falco, getting all the regular characters unlocks Retro Mario, playing 20 hours of versus gets Retro Mewtwo, getting all the legendaries in Pokeballs gets Retro Pikachu, beating Classic very quickly gets Retro Falcon, that sort of thing). Retro characters are identical in almost every way to the characters in their respective original games, including physics--meaning that Retro Falco is exactly like Melee Falco, Retro Pikachu is 64 Pikachu, Retro Peach and Falcon are their Melee incarnations, etc. (Some characters might get Melee/Brawl versions instead of 64/Melee versions, respectively--GnW would probably be the Brawl version, Samus might get her Melee version, possibly Melee Fox, Jiggs)

Not all characters would get retro versions, as that would take up too much memory. (DLC?) Series fan-favorites (read: old high-tiers) and particularly important historical characters (GnW, Mario) would make the cut first. Likewise, a couple changes would be totally necessary--64 characters would gain wallteching and Melee's lag canceling, and hitstun would still be uniform across the roster. Details, details.

So you're wondering if Melee Falcon could take Brawl MK? Or how the new game-breakers stack up to the old favorites?

I've seen this happen before for the "King of Fighters 2006." It had Kyo Kusanagi and a "Classic" version of him as playable characters.

This, in a way, has actually been done for Smash. When Falco was put in Melee, he had Fox's N64 moveset. So, in essence, Falco was the "Retro Fox" of Melee.

It's do-able, but keep in mind what that would mean....

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, for starters a good Super smash would be good, it's sort of like a final smash but it doesn't necessarly knock you out, its sort of like a damage racker that os done with combo's, sort of like Street Fighter for example, reversals like the "Alpha Counter" would be nice as well, just a reversal of sorts would definetly bring something new.
I'd love to see how that'd work with Jigglypuff...

Thunder_slash

Smash Cadet
Since i´m back in the site, i think MK9 can easily go to 3DS or WiiU.
But talking seriously, one of the bad points in Brawl is the easy way of getting characters.
My solution: after you complete a stage in the new adventure mode, the secret character you used will fight you. Only one, chosen randomly, can fight with yo, then, you will have to fight again for unlocking the other characters if abviable. If you beat him you can use him in all modes, if not, you will be able to use it only in adventure mode, and you will have to complete the stage using him again for another fight.:cool:
Comment please.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Oh yeah.

I was trying to think of an INDICATOR for how many characters are left to unlock. Brawl didn't use those "?" slots did it? That would have been helpful. Seems like a simple solution. And of course, after you do unlock them all, as always a message should come up telling you.

Or maybe do what the original Smash did and have the silhouettes flash during the intro, only filling in once you've unlocked the character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh man... I really hope Samus gets a BUFF, because you just KNOW to unlock Ridley it's going to be something like "Beat Classic on INTENSE 10 times with Samus - no continues and eat some dirt to while you're at it."
That's a very ridiculous requirement, if I do say so myself. If anything, it would be more like "Clear Classic Mode as Samus on the Normal difficulty level or higher." Yeah I want Very Easy to come back for nostalgic reasons.

Samus was fine in Melee. Never understood why she needed to be nerfed...

It makes just as much sense as why Ganondorf got nerfed.

Super Smash Bros. Strife
This will be the name of SSB4.
Personally, I hate that name.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Super Smash.

Well, here's two options that come to mind.

1. A pseudo Wall-Of-Pain move.
2. An attack where she sings the person to sleep, and then draws on them, inflicting damage. Though I like this more as an instant kill move minus the damage part.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Jigglypuff should sing them to sleep, than draw on their faces making the person controlling them distracted how funny their character looks for the rest of that stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom