• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How can we make sing a more worthwhile move? I can barely find the right timing or situation to use it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good question. If she could, say, cancel or combo into it, it would be potentially good, but I think being able to put opponent's to sleep in the air is OP as it'd be a crazy good edgeguarding move.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh dangit guys, there is a rumor that we are going to be seeing a new Mach Rider game. And it is going to be pretty gritty and dark. Also there is the rumor of a new Monster Hunter and Baten Kaitos for the 3DS as well.

Monster Hunter Tri G
Baten Kaitos: Silence of a Machonized Son
Mach Rider Unchained.

Mach Rider man... A gritty, highspeed brawler game... Wow Nintendo, you really do want that grungy element on the 3DS?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Oh dangit guys, there is a rumor that we are going to be seeing a new Mach Rider game. And it is going to be pretty gritty and dark. Also there is the rumor of a new Monster Hunter and Baten Kaitos for the 3DS as well.

Monster Hunter Tri G
Mach Rider Unchained.
Mach Rider for Smash? Nah I'm just kidding wasn't he going to be In SSBM?

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mach Rider for Smash? Nah I'm just kidding wasn't he going to be In SSBM?
I think people confuse him with the Excited Biker.

AT FIRST, I thought you were pulling our collective leg, Star, but I suppose a Mach Rider game would be a good fit for 3DS... All that stuff flying at you and what not.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually guys this leak is looking pretty legit when I compare it to a certain other legitimate leak. Which means Nintendo is probably reviving Mach Rider for the 3DS as a hardcore title. Which is completely unexpected.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just read up on the one true use for Sing in competitive Smash.

In Melee and Brawl, if Jigglypuff does sing at the edge of the stage, she automatically grabs the ledge, but the opponent is still asleep giving you a larger window to set up a combo.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Also loving the special unlock ideas, particularly the Yoshi example. That would be so boss. Maybe this should go on to stages too; an idea, there's a portion of SSB4's Adventure Mode that's reminiscent of Donkey Kong, with barrels falling down platforms and such. Beating this level in a fast enough time (not some unthinkable, pro speed-run speed, but y'know, reasonably fast) with Mario results in the unlock of 75m. Or something. Now that I think about it, that's a really lame example, but...;;
My personal vision of a great Adventure Mode for Smash Bros. involves the mode being heavy on unlockables outside of characters - the player could traverse the levels and find unlockable trophies, stickers, and CD's throughout, usually well hidden.

As for stages, Adventure Mode would feature Adventure takes on several stages which, after completion, unlocks the normal Vs. mode stage. For example, the player finishes an Adventure Mode version of Rainbow Ride, then unlocking the Vs. mode version of Rainbow Ride for use.

Monster Hunter Tri G
Mach Rider Unchained.

Mach Rider man... A gritty, highspeed brawler game... Wow Nintendo, you really do want that grungy element on the 3DS?
If a new Mach Rider game comes out, Mach Rider could become a new likely contender for SSB4, ggiven Sakurai's bias towards him.

I think people confuse him with the Excited Biker.
Nope. Sakurai considered both Mach Rider and Excite Biker for Melee, but turned down both.

BTW, I found a cool theme from an obscure America-only SNES game. Would fit well in a Rolling Western stage supposing Jiro gets in. Tin Star

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sorry, supposedly the title for the Baten Kaitos game is "Silence of a Mechanized Son", not sure where I got "mochanized" from?

Anyways, here is the leak concerning Nintendo's 3DS event:

http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/Aug2011/Screen Shot 2011-09-05 at 8_59_13 PM.png

The reason I believe this is legitimate is because a legitimate leak that announced several games that turned out to be correct, listing as well that Dragon Quest X was going to be an MMO, listed Monster Hunter Tri G as a 3DS title. And Famitsu is supposed to have an interview with Monolith Soft about their next project, which is supposed to be the third entry in an existing series. With the mysterious artwork that Monolith has been teasing has led many to believe it is pertaining to a new Baten Kaitos game.

All in all, this lines up with what is already coming down the pipe. The only surprise is the new Mach Rider revival game.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
So does that mean Wario can sign the his bike registration over to Mach and get his Project Melee moveset?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, here's two options that come to mind.

1. A pseudo Wall-Of-Pain move.
2. An attack where she sings the person to sleep, and then draws on them, inflicting damage. Though I like this more as an instant kill move minus the damage part.
I like the second one the best, classic anime reference lol.

A new Mach Rider game for the 3DS? That is totally unexpected...

D

Deleted member

Totally did not see a Mach Rider game coming. If it's true, then Mach Rider could very well get into SSB4.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
All in all, this lines up with what is already coming down the pipe. The only surprise is the new Mach Rider revival game.
A new Mach Rider game would certainly be a shock.

So does that mean Wario can sign the his bike registration over to Mach and get his Project Melee moveset?
What was Wario's Project M moveset? I've noticed he only wears his overalls, but what other changes apply to him?

BTW, I found a cool theme from an obscure America-only SNES game. Would fit well in a Rolling Western stage supposing Jiro gets in. Tin Star

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
They took out his bike and used his smash animation frames to do justice to his signature bash move.

@0:36

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This new Mach Rider game sounds extremely hard core.

"...Has a very gritty look and easily the most impressive game I've seen running on the 3DS hardware. Gameplay switches between vehicle chases/races and overly theatrical on-foot gun fights. Looks like an appeal to the Western community as all of our trade materials distinctly have the title "MACH RIDER UNCHAINED" and the phrase "YOU ARE MACH RIDER" in English on them with the only visible Japanese characters being...*"

*Japanese characters my keyboard cannot type

D

Deleted member

There are no shoe-ins for this game. Heck, no one is even 90% likely, That said, all of them except Mach Rider are likely to appear and even Mach Rider looks to have better chances.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Considering Mach Rider was considered at one point, Sakurai might just revisit him if this is true. Which would probably mean Mach Rider would be our "revived retro" character for Super Smash Bros. 4.

For once I must admit, this really does make Mach Rider a more likely option if true.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I hope the new game gives him more to work with at least. Seems like he'd be pretty similar to Captain Falcon. Except his recovery move should totally be "explode into tiny bits and then reform elsewhere."

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like the second one the best, classic anime reference lol.

A new Mach Rider game for the 3DS? That is totally unexpected...

Yeah, but I like this as an Instant Kill move aka a revamped Final Smash because the opponent doesn't die, just gets put to sleep (and not that kind of sleep). Make it also zoom up on the person's face at the end.

D

Deleted member

Considering Mach Rider was considered at one point, Sakurai might just revisit him if this is true. Which would probably mean Mach Rider would be our "revived retro" character for Super Smash Bros. 4.

For once I must admit, this really does make Mach Rider a more likely option if true.
Sakurai did shoot down the idea of it, but with him, you never really know. If the rumor is true, then I have hopes he'll reconsider. He looks like someone seriously fun to play with.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
There are no shoe-ins for this game. Heck, no one is even 90% likely, That said, all of them except Mach Rider are likely to appear and even Mach Rider looks to have better chances.
You don't consider Mario a shoe-in?

Sorry, I just had to say it. :laugh:

But, anyways, if that's true, Mach Rider is more likely than he was before, I totally agree with that.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Mach Rider would be awesome... he was going to be in Melee so If this game says well he's definitely an option.

List of Newcomers
Ridley
Little Mac
Zoroark
Black Shadow
Saki
Issac
King K. Rool
Starfy
Toad or Bowser Jr
Krystal
Slime
Megaman
Caeda
Mach Rider

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sakurai did shoot down the idea of it, but with him, you never really know. If the rumor is true, then I have hopes he'll reconsider. He looks like someone seriously fun to play with.
You have to consider though, this was at the time where the only game out there was the NES Mach Rider title. He probably wanted the only Captain Falcon clone in the game to be Ganondorf and thought the Ice Climbers offered more. Remember; Pit, King DDD, Mewtwo, Bowser, and Lucas were characters that were rejected before. Yet they became playable in a future title.

So it isn't that large of a barrier.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, but I like this as an Instant Kill move aka a revamped Final Smash because the opponent doesn't die, just gets put to sleep (and not that kind of sleep). Make it also zoom up on the person's face at the end.
I get what you mean. So do I.

@SSBF- Lol, I know man, I'm just messin' with you. :laugh:

Pit was rejected before?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mach Rider would be awesome... he was going to be in Melee so If this game says well he's definitely an option.

List of Newcomers
Ridley
Little Mac
Zoroark
Medusa
Saki
Issac
King K. Rool
Starfy
Toad
Mewtwo
Slime