• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why would anyone want toad? He's so boring, I would rather him be a stage
Toad would actually be a very funny character if done right. They could play up some of his personality traits like his fear and insecurity. It could be quite humorous if done correctly. lol

Gameplay wise I see a mix of SMB2, NSMBWii and Wario's Woods. He'd have the athleticism from Super Mario Bros. 2, he'd have the items from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and the bombs from Wario's Woods.

Shouldn't we be discussing Mach Rider? lol

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Mad? Madness? More like Damp. I was Dry back in So Cal, I go to Nor Cal where people get damp.

Regardless, I'm just 'hatin' on you for the fun of it and you know what haters gonna do.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I suppose now we should, it usually ends up being what you'd like us to discuss anyhow.
Oh really? Ok, smarty pants. Be my guest then... I'll just step aside. All I was doing was bringing in some information that could actually impact our discussion. But noooooo nooo. Apparently I'm a little puppet master. Okay my sheeple, follow after Shepard N now.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
SALT!

I suppose I just imagined the last 24 hours of Dragon Quest Day.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Mad? Madness? More like Damp. I was Dry back in So Cal, I go to Nor Cal where people get damp.

Regardless, I'm just 'hatin' on you for the fun of it and you know what haters gonna do.
Gonna hate.

Oh really? Ok, smarty pants. Be my guest then... I'll just step aside. All I was doing was bringing in some information that could actually impact our discussion. But noooooo nooo. Apparently I'm a little puppet master. Okay my sheeple, follow after Shepard N now.
Soooo salty.

This

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
SALT!

I suppose I just imagined the last 24 hours of Dragon Quest Day.
Yes you did. It was a bad dream induced by midnight burritos. lol

Oh shut it you two. You can dish it but you can't take it. W/e.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are you calling me a glass cannon?

Try me son.

Yall know we out here eatin ramen noodles, with loads of MSG aint no burritos

But hey, Smash brothers!
Yes. Because losing 25 pounds to starvation is so worth being able to afford the next Smash Brothers game. Priorities FTW!!!

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Aight guys, you don't want gatlin up in here accusing you of harassment. We should stop

Yes. Because losing 25 pounds to starvation is so worth being able to afford the next Smash Brothers game. Priorities FTW!!!
Okay this is why I love you guys

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Yo star, I used to have pecs, now I have bricks I'm so flat. I'd take that burrito in a second.

Thus goes the end of Shepherd N's reign I'm done

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
No one is interested in Mach Rider. :p And we're going off-topic.

I'll just post this still-mostly-ignored idea I have for Adventure Mode, following Hex's ideas for a Master Hand-centric plot.

Anyways, in relation to your own story idea, Hex, I've thought of an idea to implement Crazy Hand as a sort of sub-plot character to the main storyline while retaining Master Hand as the final boss.

Basically, there are specific points in the story where Master Hand would normally change the progess of events regarding certain characters. For example, as you suggested, he could swap Link and Mario's places and have them fight in the other's world for the other's goal - he is the Master, he controls all up to the point when characters realize their potential.

However, at some of these select points, the player can trigger Crazy Hand to appear instead of Master Hand and shape the story and world of the characters in his own different way.

Given that Crazy Hand is... well, crazy, these transformations would be unpredictable in nature and lead to alternative story scenarios. As examples of this:

A Mario Versus Bowser Fight: Under Master Hand, the brawl is your average, classic Mario Vs. Bowser duel. Under Crazy Hand, Bowser halfway through the battle transforms into Giga Bowser, greatly morphing the challenge of the boss battle.

Fire Emblem: This is a more extreme example, but an example nevertheless. In the Fire Emblem games, when an ally dies, they can never be retrieved. Suppose Ike and Marth were fighting against the Black Knight in one segment of the story, and Marth fell back onto the ground, struggling to keep up. The Black Knight raises his sword and is about to finish Marth.

Under Master Hand, Marth dodges in the last second and the fight continues normally with both Marth and Ike victorious and alive. Under Crazy Hand, the Black Knight successfully "slays" Marth, transforming him into trophy status. The Black Knight follows his initial attack with a final strike at Marth's trophy, shattering Marth's figure and rendering him dead and irretrievable. Ike then defeats the Black Knight on his own. According to this take on the story, from this point on, Marth is dead and is no longer a playable ally on your Adventure Mode team; Ike must continue on by himself.

Bramble Blast: This example plays on both Nintendo nostalgia and the crazy side of Crazy Hand. Suppose Diddy Kong is progressing through a DK-themed level similar to the classic Bramble Blast level of DKC2, but of course with a different layout, graphics matching up with the rest of the game's levels, and with this Brawl remix of Stickerbrush Symphony playing.

Under Master Hand, this level progresses normally and doesn't change from it's basic design. Under Crazy Hand, at one point in the level, the stage tranforms into an exact replica of the Bramble Blast level from DKC2 - graphics, layout, the original music, everything but Diddy Kong's graphics. The level, at the end of this Bramble Blast level, transforms back into it's normal form at the very end of the level. The story progresses the same after this level as it does with Master Hand, but this particular level is transformed.

Those are just some examples. Under this concept, Crazy Hand wouldn't necessarily be a main villain in the story, but a sub-plot that introduces alternative story and level scenarios - which would increase replayability as a side benefit.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Toad would actually be a very funny character if done right. They could play up some of his personality traits like his fear and insecurity. It could be quite humorous if done correctly. loll
*cough*cough*Luigi*cough*cough*

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would be a bad idea having Toad in the game. I mean, the Mario franchise doesn't have many more iconic characters... Toad is one of the few. I think we should consider him.

He seems kinda stupid, but deep inside your heart, you know you love the guy.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Forgive me Hot Java, please add some more insight to the ever accumulating depth of our Smash bros predictions.

When luigi got caught in the wall, we all went down crying.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would be a bad idea having Toad in the game. I mean, the Mario franchise doesn't have many more iconic characters... Toad is one of the few. I think we should consider him.

He seems kinda stupid, but deep inside your heart, you know you love the guy.
Considering I work inside a retail store and have access to the Nintendo toys being advertised. I'd say Toad is and has been a notable absent, especially when we know Toad was the ninth highest character voted in the Melee poll for the Mario section.

I wonder how Mach Rider will look if he is going the gritty route? More like his Melee trophy design?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Hot Java, please add some more insight to the ever accumulating depth of our Smash bros predictions.
But predictions are boring. :p Besides, while characters are cool and all, my preference in SSB4 talk is single-player modes since that's my forte.

But to add to the Mach Rider talk:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostReturn049.html

-Ooh, here's a juicy one. Someone asks what Sakurai's favourite character for Smash is and his favourite drink.

Favourite character: Captain Falcon
Favourite character for Smash 2: Mach Rider
Favourite drink: Black tea in the afternoon, straight.
Source: http://fryguy64.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ssb&action=display&thread=2418

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I love that they are reviving the dead but you know they should try...making new things so when reviving doesn't work anymore, they won't crumble.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dang, if Sakurai likes Mach Rider that much then I expect him to notice the 3DS title. It might finally give him the ability to include him.

What would be cool is if he was like Ghost Rider from UMVC3, minus the flaming head and fire attacks...

http://youtu.be/kr2PF7LDL_U

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Mach Rider used chains to attack then that would be most satisfactory and acceptable. Well done.

Even though that'd be really strange.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
But predictions are boring. :p Besides, while characters are cool and all, my preference in SSB4 talk is single-player modes
Id imagine why, because between our powerfully inspired, exotic smash title projections and not over the top at all customization desires, You might be onto something.

It makes me sad that you do go unnoticed the majority of the time.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Mach Rider used chains to attack then that would be most satisfactory and acceptable. Well done.

Even though that'd be really strange.
Nah, chain's = gritty. It is written in the unwritten punks handbook to being hardcore.

I notice him. His problem is his stuff is usually so perfect I don't have a comment to make. Behind the screen, I give him the nod of approval every time.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I love that they are reviving the dead but you know they should try...making new things so when reviving doesn't work anymore, they won't crumble.
NO, I'ma make sure your dead, then I'm gonna put C-ment over your grave after your funeral. So that way, even if the dead come back to life like in dem zombie movies, yo *** won't be nowhere!
Man, I would love it if folks would go deep into discussions over the story mode.

vicgur

Smash Ace
May I talk about Adventure Mode?

In my humble opinion, the WORST thing in Brawl's SE is: It's too "Kirby". If you played a Kirby game before, you can totally see. It's not just similar, it's "Kirby with Smash Fighters". I didn't like this concept.

I mean, I love Kirby. But if I want to play Kirby, I PLAY KIRBY DOGGAMMIT!!
I don't want to play Kirby in my Smash Bros.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What if Mach Rider had some QUIRK, where he could potentially run as fast (or faster) than Sonic, but his dash needs time to ACCELERATE? Of course, even when not fully accelerated he'd be nearly as fast as the Falcon. (Oh man if there was an engine revving noise to go along with that it would be PERFECT)

Also maybe they should go all-out with that explode-and-de-materialize thing. Like Captain Falcon but with explosions ALL THE TIME. Like for an F-Smash, you'd explode, cover some ground like Wolf, and re-materialize an elbow in some punk's face.

Okay, Mach Rider. I can see you bringing something nice to Smash.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
BLEEP man, you have to ask?! :eek:

Hell yeah you can talk about something productive up in this humpdy bumpdy!

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Dang, if Sakurai likes Mach Rider that much then I expect him to notice the 3DS title. It might finally give him the ability to include him.

What would be cool is if he was like Ghost Rider from UMVC3, minus the flaming head and fire attacks...

http://youtu.be/kr2PF7LDL_U
Indeed. Given Sakurai's bias towards him and his new game, Mach Rider could be more likely for SSB4 than we think.

Taking inspiration from Ghost Rider for his moveset would be very cool, especially with the chains. I'd like to see a more gritty Nintendo character for Smash Bros. along the lines of Snake, and Mach Rider would fit that job description.

Id imagine why, because between our powerfully inspired, exotic smash title projections and not over the top at all customization desires, You might be onto something.

I notice him. His problem is his stuff is usually so perfect I don't have a comment to make. Behind the screen, I give him the nod of approval every time.
I'm flattered. :awesome:

When character chance discussions come up, I may add in a couple points or two, but I just don't get into that stuff since the characters alone aren't what makes me like Smash Bros. Heck, they could cut Luigi, Lucas, Wolf, and Toon Link - all Brawl mains of mine -, and I would still buy SSB4. I like Smash Bros. for it's gameplay - it's accessible and fun to all, where a friend with absolutely no experience in gaming suddenly has a fighting chance (even if they're just spamming neutral B all the time :p). Although multiplayer is fun, I've never played online and I don't have friends around all the time, so I spend my time in single-player mode. That mostly explains why I like the single-player parts of the Smash Bros. games and why I put my effort into suggesting concepts for Adventure Mode or All-Star.

Damn, I went off-tangent to talk about myself. :chuckle:

I would add much more ideas on single-player and Vs. mode stages that I've cooked up over time (I used to design complete stages much like Star even), but with school and chores here, I can't do much.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I really think Adventure mode should follow Melee's style of going to character's levels but should have more a brawl depth.

Oh yeah 4 player Adventure would be nice, and wifi compatible.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Spend less time on the CGI flare and more time promoting plot development

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I mean, I love Kirby. But if I want to play Kirby, I PLAY KIRBY DOGGAMMIT!!
I don't want to play Kirby in my Smash Bros.
Kirby's path should feel like Kirby's path. Mario's path should play like mario's titles.

Why not have in this fashion: You don't intermingle the characters storylines until AFTER they've made their run through.

The story is as complete as it gets for said character, but the OVERALL story branches after you've tried all the characters.

It gives insight on perspectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom