• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is a thought. How about somebody who knows how to read and write in Japanese try following Sakurai's Twitter and seeing if you are able to ask him some questions that he woould be willing to respond too? Never know what could happen.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Mach Rider is pretty cool and he has been playable in homemade Smash games (e.g. Smash Crusade). I didn't like the NES game that much because you kept getting rear ended by bad guys that you couldn't avoid. Of course I'm probably having problems because it's a ROM hack and I have very little understanding on what I'm doing. Anyways I think he would work well in Smash.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Remember, Monster Hunter Tri in Japan had a Pay To Play system that was dropped when publishing the title into the West. I expect, in order for both games to be successful, to be dropped for the Western installment likewise. And that comment about needing to play online is not entirely accurate.

Given this picture, I don't think they (Nintendo and SquareEnix) intend for this game to fail...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I have a real issue with Maelstrom's article. Considering he trashed Dragon Quest's inability to innovate only to turn around and chastise Sakurai for commenting that change is good every now and then. Sounds like a bunch of bloviating in my opinion.

Otherwise I agree with you on not wanting to much of a change in formula. Just refine the essential elements while adding new components.
In his defense, he's been saying to keep Dragon Quest the same. He's never trashed it for not innovating, and has said that series work better when they stay the same. I'm in the same boat (especially with Sonic the Hedgehog. I'd kill for a good 2D Sonic game). My feeling for Smash are the same. I'm cool with new things, so long as the multiplayer is just as good if not better.

Also, Mach Rider would be cool. I'm hoping Nintendo shows off a new game rather than regurgitating the same old series.......or a new 2D Mario.

Given this picture, I don't think they (Nintendo and SquareEnix) intend for this game to fail...
Yeah, but it probably still will.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In his defense, he's been saying to keep Dragon Quest the same. He's never trashed it for not innovating, and has said that series work better when they stay the same. I'm in the same boat (especially with Sonic the Hedgehog. I'd kill for a good 2D Sonic game). My feeling for Smash are the same. I'm cool with new things, so long as the multiplayer is just as good if not better.

Also, Mach Rider would be cool. I'm hoping Nintendo shows off a new game rather than regurgitating the same old series.......or a new 2D Mario.
That is all that matters to anyone in the end is the multiplayer experience. That is the reason the series has lasted and become the success it is currently. This is part of the reason why many people were upset about the Subspace Emissary after Brawl's release. It seemed like they focused too much on that one part of the game that other aspects were not developed as fully as they could or should have been. While the intention was good, the execution was lacking.

Yeah, but it probably still will.
I don't think so, many people had about the same hostile reaction at Dragon Quest IX's initial reveal, which ended up being their best selling title in the series history. The Dragon Quest community is a weird bunch, but ultimately most of the people complaining are still going to purchase it. I was hostile at first as well, but after calming down I am just taking a "wait and see" approach. They still need to refine certain aspects such as the incoherent battle system, but those things will happen (especially when they admit what was being shown was a beta).

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Yo Star, how accurate is twitter? How can we be certain that some of his interactions are not a facade monitored by Sora Representatives (I'm sure you catch my drift)

For that matter, how many people here are active members enough on twitter to go through the trouble?

Seems a bit too early to me. Moreso, it seems that there might be an agenda behind it
Star:awesome:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Well I'm off, anyway it's nice to see Mach Rider back again. Now if only we could get a needed Ice Climber remake for the 3DS. :p

At this point, I bet once we see a trailer for his game we may all turn against Takamaru. :laugh:
oh yea. i would definitely turn against Takamaru if Mach Rider's new game was more expansive. I'd also wish for the new game to have the mach rider named.

I think i'd rather want an Ice Climbers game for the Wii U.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yo Star, how accurate is twitter? How can we be certain that some of his interactions are not a facade monitored by Sora Representatives (I'm sure you catch my drift)

For that matter, how many people here are active members enough on twitter to go through the trouble?

Seems a bit too early to me. Moreso, it seems that there might be an agenda behind it
Star:awesome:
Twitter is... Accurate enough?

Really there is no agenda, I was simply throwing an idea out there since there are many people that would enjoy asking a question.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I was simply throwing an idea out there since there are many people that would enjoy asking a question.
I'm here waitin, I'm actually quite curious to see how that might turn out.
If I sounded pessimistic, it was only so that gauge errbody's willingness to engage in that endeavor.

By the by, why should Takumaru go out the window just because a new title was rumored? If it has anything to do with a "retro spot" just stop with all that.

Nintendo's complaining that there aren't many new franchises to represent them? Then pick the barrel clean of what they DO have.

There's loads to choose from believe me.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
for the next installment... the more retro it gets the better, lol.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guess what guys? Time for a new set of rumors:

任天堂カンファレンスリーク

・MHの新作が3DS独占で発表。オンラインプレイ対応。
・グッドフィールの新作が発表。ヨッシーの横スクロール系。
・世界樹の迷宮の新作が発表。
・初音ミクの音ゲーが発表。セガ開発。曲は全てボーカロイド。
・シルバー事件3DS発表。DSで開発中の物を3DSへシフト。
・メイドインワリオスタッフの新作発表。
・3DSのソフトの体験版配信について発表。マリオランド3D等を配信。・四つの剣配信日発表。無料配信を予定
・アルケミストの新作が発表。オリジナルADV。萌えキャラが出る推理物。
・逆転裁判5新作。シナリオは逆転検事の人。
Monster Hunter exclusive for 3DS, supports online play.
A Yoshi side scroller for 3DS, developed by Good-Feel.
New game from WarioWare team.
Etrian Odyssey 3DS
Hatsune Miku 3DS, contains all songs from Project DIVA 1 and 2.
New 3DS color: solid silver.
Presentation on eShop demos; Super Mario Land 3D will have a downloadable demo.
The "new project" from Alchemist, the famous visual novel company, is an entirely new "moe mystery" for 3DS.
Ace Attorney 5, will supposedly include an Edgeworth scenario. AA: Investigations being phased in to main series?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Dang, I like nLim8d's contextual intellect to provide such discussion, nice. :bee:

edit: More rumors? Monster rancher?? Haha, good one. /sarcasm

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Too bad the 3DS is region exclusive or I'd import that Miku game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay. Then let me shorthand my post.

A Yoshi side scroller for 3DS, developed by Good-Feel.
New game from WarioWare team.
Presentation on eShop demos; Super Mario Land 3D will have a downloadable demo.
These are some more pre-3DS conference rumors. We will see which, if any, of these rumors come true.

OmegaXXII

Well...it's really not off topic since we are relating things that could pertain to Smash 4, those games simply provide what "could be considered" in Smash 4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well...it's really not off topic since we are relating things that could pertain to Smash 4, those games simply provide what "could be considered" in Smash 4.

I'm merely giving you a heads up before a moderator has to step in. Remember, this thread did get locked for off-topic talk at one point.

OmegaXXII

Yes I am aware, but this discussion isn't derpy at all, it's actual stuff we can talk about like characters chances due to those games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes I am aware, but this discussion isn't derpy at all, it's actual stuff we can talk about like characters chances due to those games.

Okay, just making sure that that truly is the case. Maybe whatever Yoshi gets in his next adventure could be used in Smash 4 as well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No what will happen is I'll have to take back what I said about Yoshi not getting a news stage. Also, I'm betting the WarioWare team's project is WarioWare 3DS. Which isn't unsurprising since the director of the series stated there would be one eventually. Then we have the Mach Rider rumor. So if these come to pass it could make for some interesting discussion.

OmegaXXII

But let me ask you, if we were to get a WarioWare 3DS, do you think a second rep would be in the realm of possibility? Orbulon?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I'm interested in Warioware 3DS. I had the wii version and it was pretty fun

I don't believe them making another warioware game will increase warioware rep's chance any

vicgur

Smash Ace
But let me ask you, if we were to get a WarioWare 3DS, do you think a second rep would be in the realm of possibility? Orbulon?

I don't see it happening YET. WarioWare doesn't have characters that are iconic enough to be something greater than Assist Trphies...
And I'd guess 9-Volt.

As aside note, I'd like to see the creators of WarioWare using their creativity to create a complete game. I'd love to see the randomness of their games in a whole game that isn't just a bunch of micro games.

OmegaXXII

Well, I'm interested in Warioware 3DS. I had the wii version and it was pretty fun

I don't believe them making another warioware game will increase warioware rep's chance any
Well, I suggested the idea simply because Sakurai might look into it since WarioWare is already in the game, I'm guessing he would probably take content related to it like stages or music for example, nonetheless it would be interesting if it came to pass.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Cannot understand why it wouldn't? The series will effectively have seven titles in it's history (with an inevitable eighth Wii U installment) and is relatively successful. Problem is I don't think there is an active support for a character from the series (apart from Ashley for some strange reason). But if there were, I could see a second WarioWare character happening if Sakurai finds something creative with that character.

Just learned something, apparently Monolith Soft helped Sakurai develop Brawl. Quite extensively too.

You mean no new Yoshi-game?
It's just a rumor at the moment.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
And Monolith Soft made Xenoblade right? By the way who is Shulk? Is he the guy in Star's avatar

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And Monolith Soft made Xenoblade right? By the way who is Shulk? Is he the guy in Star's avatar

No, that would be Elza. He is from that other RPG that is never coming to North America, The Last Story. ;)

Yes, Monolith Soft are the same ones who did Xenoblade.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
No Shulk is from Xenoblade on Wii. It looks pretty fun, I'd like to have a chance to play it.

But yea: Mach Rider, Little Mac, Balloon Fighter
Theses guys are all from NES right? Well, considering how much time has passed, does anyone consider N64 to be old/classic? If so were there any games from it that could give way to another retro/classic character?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No Shulk is from Xenoblade on Wii. It looks pretty fun, I'd like to have a chance to play it.

But yea: Mach Rider, Little Mac, Balloon Fighter
Theses guys are all from NES right? Well, considering how much time has passed, does anyone consider N64 to be old/classic? If so were there any games from it that could give way to another retro/classic character?
I think anything pre-2000 is probably considered "retro" at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom