• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Ridley for SSB4

Okay, so about Ridley. It should be about this size from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Sorry about the motion blur and frames per second.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If we are going for Nintendo 64 series, don't forget this guy.

I'm just worried about his size considering the Assist Trophy model in Brawl. He was so small...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay, so about Ridley. It should be about this size from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Sorry about the motion blur and frames per second.
What, are you suggesting for him to be a boss again? because if you aren't that would be WAY too big, it wouldn't work, he has to be resized.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

If we are going for Nintendo 64 series, don't forget this guy.

I'm just worried about his size considering the Assist Trophy model in Brawl. He was so small...
Whoa, Whoa!!!

This guy needs to be in the game, but again size shouldn't be an issue, people say that Ridley can be resized right? Why not Ray MK as well? It doesn't matter since Ridley was also in Brawl, yet people say he can be resized.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ray is too small for Super Smash Bros. 4. :awesome:

Olimar was supposed too be the size of a nickel, so it really isn't a big deal.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
So Saki and Ray MK are considered classic to you guys? Is there a list of classic characters that could show up in SSB4? So far I've seen:

Mach Rider
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Balloon Fighter
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Stafy? (is he classic?)
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Ray MK (Custom Robo)

I'm sure there's more that people would like to add

Ridely's size in the Melee intro seemed a good fit. It saddened me when I thought I could unlock him that time...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No one is "likely" at this point, it is up for grabs. Heck, even our veterans are not guaranteed to return. There are characters we (or at least I do) feel have better chances at the moment, but that can always change.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That is all that matters to anyone in the end is the multiplayer experience. That is the reason the series has lasted and become the success it is currently. This is part of the reason why many people were upset about the Subspace Emissary after Brawl's release. It seemed like they focused too much on that one part of the game that other aspects were not developed as fully as they could or should have been. While the intention was good, the execution was lacking.
I'm sure we can go on and on with the Subspace Emmisary (which wouldn't be a bad topic),but I think the lack of strong multiplayer in the mode could be an good indication for people being upset with it. I'm sure people would take a better 2 player co-op mode or even 4 players with some other changes.

I don't think so, many people had about the same hostile reaction at Dragon Quest IX's initial reveal, which ended up being their best selling title in the series history. The Dragon Quest community is a weird bunch, but ultimately most of the people complaining are still going to purchase it. I was hostile at first as well, but after calming down I am just taking a "wait and see" approach. They still need to refine certain aspects such as the incoherent battle system, but those things will happen (especially when they admit what was being shown was a beta).
With Dragon Quest 9, it was going to be more of an action RPPG. SE changed it back to a turn base battle system after the response, which defiantly helped. Now, however, they are making it a full fledged MMO, and one you have to pay for if your going to be online (and you will probably have to). This is like the DQ9 thing, but 10 times worse. Heck, SE's stock fell 11%.

Also, not as sure about the Yoshi/Warioware rumor. It probably likely as both of those games are not far off (Yoshi only because of Feel Good Inc.). I'm iffy because it isn't a very big announcement. But watch it happen.

Where was it from anyway.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
With Dragon Quest 9, it was going to be more of an action RPPG. SE changed it back to a turn base battle system after the response, which defiantly helped. Now, however, they are making it a full fledged MMO, and one you have to pay for if your going to be online (and you will probably have to). This is like the DQ9 thing, but 10 times worse. Heck, SE's stock fell 11%.
That had more to do with Dragon Quest X not releasing this fiscal year. Their investors, not Neogaf posters. That may have been a contribution, but not the sole reason.

Also, not as sure about the Yoshi/Warioware rumor. It probably likely as both of those games are not far off (Yoshi only because of Feel Good Inc.). I'm iffy because it isn't a very big announcement. But watch it happen.

Where was it from anyway.
There are several rumors making their way around Neogaf. One of them state Mach Rider will be receiving a new, reboot installment for the 3DS. The other is claiming the Yoshi/WarioWare games. The funny thing is both claim there is a Monster Hunter for the 3DS set to be announced, which was actually leaked by a legitimate leak.

OmegaXXII

Ray is too small for Super Smash Bros. 4. :awesome:

Olimar was supposed too be the size of a nickel, so it really isn't a big deal.
Star, why are you trying to push my buttons, you of all people. :glare:

But like I said if Ridley and Olimar can be resized then there is no issue as far as resizing goes.

However, I really want his theme on there, oh yeah!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That had more to do with Dragon Quest X not releasing this fiscal year. Their investors, not Neogaf posters. That may have been a contribution, but not the sole reason.
That wouldn't make the stock price drop as the company should still make money next year. It also wouldn't be 11%. They sell the stock because the company will not be as profitable in the future. If this keeps up, I doubt missing yearly earnings was the reason.

There are several rumors making their way around Neogaf. One of them state Mach Rider will be receiving a new, reboot installment for the 3DS. The other is claiming the Yoshi/WarioWare games. The funny thing is both claim there is a Monster Hunter for the 3DS set to be announced, which was actually leaked by a legitimate leak.
Who leaked Monster Hunter.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That wouldn't make the stock price drop as the company should still make money next year. It also wouldn't be 11%. They sell the stock because the company will not be as profitable in the future. If this keeps up, I doubt missing yearly earnings was the reason.
That may be true, but the Nikkie itself was also slammed due to Europe. So some of those issues could have been exacerbated by that as well. But I'm not an investor so I would not know, all I do know is SquareEnix will have to think of something to recover from this. Their Japanese fanbase are not nearly as forgiving.

Who leaked Monster Hunter.
Someone from Famitsu leaked several games and announcements. 6/9 have come true, one of the other 3 is Monster Hunter 3DS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Cannot understand why it wouldn't? The series will effectively have seven titles in it's history (with an inevitable eighth Wii U installment) and is relatively successful. Problem is I don't think there is an active support for a character from the series (apart from Ashley for some strange reason). But if there were, I could see a second WarioWare character happening if Sakurai finds something creative with that character.
Exactly. So long as no one gives a crap about the characters from that series, there is really no reason to add them. Unless Sakurai or his development team thinks they can do something with them. WarioWare has some of the least appealing characters to ever be created by Nintendo. I mean, Wario is pretty unappealing, and has gotten worse since the whole WarioWare thing began, but he pales in comparison to some of the weirder characters.

A Yoshi side scroller for 3DS, developed by Good-Feel.
If only.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
No one is "likely" at this point, it is up for grabs. Heck, even our veterans are not guaranteed to return. There are characters we (or at least I do) feel have better chances at the moment, but that can always change.
Of course that's the situation, but I was just asking if anyone made a list or would like to add to the one I had. It's just for fun speculation and I'd also like to use that list to look up the characters on it.

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
What, are you suggesting for him to be a boss again? because if you aren't that would be WAY too big, it wouldn't work, he has to be resized.

Do you remember the time when Charizard's size has been modified in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? I like Charizard's original size from the Pokémon games like Poképark Wii.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
That was shown in my list, the characters that were brought up in here that were deemed realistic, the classic characters anyway. Wanna help add some?

Mach Rider
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Balloon Fighter
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Stafy? (is he classic?)
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Ray MK (Custom Robo)

And they don't have to be realistic to be fun btw

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Do you remember the time when Charizard's size has been modified in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? I like Charizard's original size from the Pokémon games like Poképark Wii.
Charizard's not all that big, really. Only 5' 7". :awesome:

Seeing Pikachu standing next to Charizard in Brawl is a really strange sight, come to think of it.

Balloon Fighter and Bubbles aren't all that realistic or requested, y.toonlink.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Charizard is probably taller in smash than he's suppose to be, rather than smaller

OmegaXXII

Haha, but Charizard doesn't really compare to Ridley in terms of size, he is probably the same with minor adjustment anyhow.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Since Ridley's size is being brought up...

May as well leave this here...?

Squirtle is 1' 8" and Charizard is 5' 7"... Clearly size is very important in Smash. :awesome:

@Omega: Wow, have you completely missed all the Mach Rider discussion in the last few hours and WHY we've had them.

OmegaXXII

That was shown in my list, the characters that were brought up in here that were deemed realistic, the classic characters anyway. Wanna help add some?

Mach Rider
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Balloon Fighter
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Stafy? (is he classic?)
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Ray MK (Custom Robo)

Huh? Bubbles and Balloon Fighter ARE NOT realistic, Sakurai deemed them as failure in Melee, hence why they were scrapped, Mach Rider? Meh..I don't know why you think he has realistic chances when he got scrapped completly in Melee. :/

The point of it all is, they aren't popular or requested as much to begin with, Sakurai might not look into it since he deemed them as failure and not much demand is happening for them.

Also Starfy isn't retro at all.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Zozoark is getting an entire month dedicated to him
I do not acknowledge this.

Sakurai deemed them [Bubbles and Balloon Fighter] as failure in Melee, hence why they were scrapped, Mach Rider? Meh..I don't know why you think he has realistic chances when he got scrapped completly in Melee. :/
Word? Is this legit?

If this is the point that he's trying to make, then yeah, I can respect it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pit was cut from Melee too and wasn't supposed to have been functional so...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sakurai was looking to add an NES character to Melee, and he listed some he considered. He sort of (at least I would say...) jokingly gave reasons why some characters were UNWORTHY of being added. Bubbles and Balloon Fighter were among those he CONTEMPLATED but obviously he settled on Ice Climbers.

Could find a bit more here if you like. IS THAT WHAT YOU WERE ASKING, N?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well then, throw all the decent picks in the trash and give me seven clones please

502 Bad Gateway for anybody else?

Hey thanks Oasis, I missed that for a second. I'll get to that right now.
That mix of capital words was somewhat of an optical illusion :urg:

OmegaXXII

Pit was cut from Melee too and wasn't supposed to have been functional so...
Maybe so, but I'm doubting them since we already have others that are notable like Takamaru and Lip for example, I'm not saying it can't happen, but when you say "he is realistic" when there is no support behind them then it becomes foggy for me, but meh..what do I know.

@nLim8d: Yes it's legit, I'd rather have the forbidden 7 like Mewtwo anyhow.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
The seven I'm referring to are clones. Which Mewtwo is not.

but when you say "he is realistic" when there is no support behind them then it becomes foggy for me, but meh..what do I know.
It might be best that you keep your opinions to yourself at that point, lest you enter a discussion full of opinions... where most of the concerns are subjective anyhow.

OmegaXXII

Thus the term "what do I know" applies, those choices seems opinionated, that's why I have have to show it back, mind you.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You know a lot, that's why I said I did. That you might not be able to successfully make you're points known (in all your intellectual splendor) on a public forum, doesn't make your opinions any less valid at any rate.

We Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom