• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Says the Dragon Fan.
But I've never stated he was some super popular request apart from Japan. Just that Nintendo has strong ties with the series and is promoting it in the West. So you cannot catch me in that one. Nice try though. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Starphoenix just said what I wanted to say.
Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, as the most well-known franchises, are probably seen with bigger priority when making the game. Just sayin'.

:phone:
If that were true, we wouldn't have a third starfox character, ics, mr. GW, Lucas, ect. Just because a series is popular doesn't mean it needs to take up the majority of the roster. Since this clearly isn't the super legend of pokedream land, I think its fair to say we have a few prime choices that should take priority over adding a character that uses the same moves as mario and luigi. Just sayin'.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Aint nobody trying, again too much detail. ;)

The subject of the matter is, we're not here discussing reasons why we can or can not have certain characters, we're here posing our support why we'd find them viable and interesting.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If that were true, we wouldn't have a third starfox character, ics, mr. GW, Lucas, ect. Just because a series is popular doesn't mean it needs to take up the majority of the roster. Since this clearly isn't the super legend of pokedream land, I think its fair to say we have a few prime choices that should take priority over adding a character that uses the same moves as mario and luigi. Just sayin'.

Why do you have to take it to that extreme? One or two Mario characters do not constitute "taking up the entire roster". In a roster of 45, six Mario characters would only be 13% of the entire roster (assuming my math is on point). That is not that much.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'd say Victini << Zoroark IMO

Of course Mewtwo would beat them both , but again opinion.
Fixed that for ya :awesome:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
P.T
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Perfect line up If you ask me, If Mewtwo returns would he be unlockable?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why do you have to take it to that extreme? One, or even two, Mario characters do not constitute "taking up the entire roster".
One or two more Pokemon, zelda, and mario would take up a lot of space. Look, popularity has never and will almost never be the sole reasoning behind a character being included. Toad has that going for him... and that's about it. I'm not saying he is a bad choice, I'm saying playing the popular game is.

vicgur

Smash Ace

I'm not saying they won't think about the other franchises, doggammit!
I just don't think they would leave those franchises with no new characters for the game.
Wouldn't they add at least one character for each of those franchises?
I mean, I know none of us would[kinda] before addind some more obscure ones. But don't you think THEY would?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One or two more Pokemon, zelda, and mario would take up a lot of space. Look, popularity has never and will almost never be the sole reasoning behind a character being included. Toad has that going for him... and that's about it. I'm not saying he is a bad choice, I'm saying playing the popular game is.

The funny thing is I'm not even talking about Toad. I am talking in respect to any popular Mario character that has a legitimate chance. Zelda is not likely to receive another character unless Ghirahim really takes off. Reason I list him and not Tingle is due to him spinning off from the Zelda series. Which would mean he would likely represent his own series. Pokémon has the potential to reach 6 characters, but it could easily stay with five slots at the most.

Assuming Mario has six character, Zelda has five, and Pokémon has six. Together the character total would come to seventeen. In a roster of fourty five that would give us 38% of the entire roster. It is still not as bad as you might make it sound.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Fixed that for ya :awesome:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
P.T
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Perfect line up If you ask me, If Mewtwo returns would he be unlockable?

Yes, Mewtwo deserves to be unlockable, he is greatness and evil and deserve to get such treatment, he should also be hard to unlock as well.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Gotta stay in shape, well moreso that I hold Star to higher standards.

Omega will always have a special place in my heart though

Zelda is not likely to receive another character unless Ghirahim really takes off.
You kidding me? I'm buying the game just to see what he's made of!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not saying they won't think about the other franchises, doggammit!
I just don't think they would leave those franchises with no new characters for the game.
Wouldn't they add at least one character for each of those franchises?
I mean, I know none of us would[kinda] before addind some more obscure ones. But don't you think THEY would?

I don't ever recall saying they wouldn't add another character to any existing franchises did I? No. Pokemon is bound to get another character, loz has young link to think about, but as far as I'm concerned toad and bowser jr are just frosting on the cake type characters. They aren't needed, but they would be nice.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, as the most well-known franchises, are probably seen with bigger priority when making the game. Just sayin'.
hahahahaha, i find it strangely hilarious when someone thinks they know what happens in the walls of a game company currently developing a game.

(i do it myself sometimes and, yea, i'd still find it hilarious.)

D

Deleted member

Anyone doubt Zozoark's popularity still?
I do not deny that Zoroark is popular as I have seen from my observation, but it more or less depends on what you mean by popularity. From what I've seen, he isn't as popular as Lucario, but it is enough for him to stand out from the crowd.
majora_787 said:
Why add Zoroark? He's only the mascot of Gamefreak's newest generation of games. That's nothing special. VICTINI, on the other hand, who is more or less just another legendary who is in the group of pokemon legendaries that ended up as pokeball pokemon that drop goodies in a fight...

THAT is a real fighter, and totally not another pokeball pokemon. It makes perfect sense!
I wouldn't go as far as to call him the definite mascot of the 5th gen (then again, neither would Victini). I would also argue that Victini is different from the other Mew-like Pokemons in that he usually runs on his feet whereas the other levitate, which already sets him apart from the Mew-like legendary. If he is a Pokeball, I don't see him functioning as someone to drop goods, I actually expect something different from him.

Also, I can easily see both as fighters in Smash.

vicgur

Smash Ace
hahahahaha, i find it strangely hilarious when someone thinks they know what happens in the walls of a game company currently developing a game.

(i do it myself sometimes and, yea, i'd still find it hilarious.)
Yeah, I know I may sound stupid saying this kinda stuff. It's not that I think I know what they're up to, I just think it's a possibility.

As for Shortiecanbrawl, I excuse myself if I created a stupid discussion out of nothing.
I swear I'll try to be more relevant in the future, and less "newfag"

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I do not deny that Zoroark is popular as I have seen from my observation, but it more or less depends on what you mean by popularity. From what I've seen, he isn't as popular as Lucario, but it is enough for him to stand out from the crowd
Hey nLim8d, opinion much??

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
NVM... I see now that you're just messin with me :cool:

Don't be sad dawg, I said you have a special place in my heart. Not many people can be found there.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I know I may sound stupid saying this kinda stuff. It's not that I think I know what they're up to, I just think it's a possibility.

As for Shortiecanbrawl, I excuse myself if I created a stupid discussion out of nothing.
I swear I'll try to be more relevant in the future, and less "newfag"

I suggest not using that term either.

D

Deleted member

Hey nLim8d, opinion much??
That wasn't him, it was me.

Anyway, it's not just my opinion. Lucario, despite being irrelevant, on the IGN poll, scored in the Top 40 whereas Zoroark was in the 60s. I'd be surprised if he made the impact Lucario did on the 4th gen thought that not to say he isn't noticeable in which he obviously is.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh wow, it has just confirmed that there is going to be a second Cirlce Pad add on for the Nintendo 3DS. The rumors were true. At least Smash Bros 3DS should be easier to play on now.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
OK whats the story here? I'm sensing like a spirit of misunderstanding.

What's the main subject at hand?

THERE WE GO STAR!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd say why the heck is he doing these moves.
Well, the idea came from the fact that both characters are strong (at least in a cartoony sense), small, and very fast. So, I thought that something akin to El Fuerte's playstyle could work. If you want a good example, look up berserker's Toad moveset. I was the one that suggested the Toad Rush move which has partial origins in Mario Kart.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh wow, it has just confirmed that there is going to be a second Cirlce Pad add on for the Nintendo 3DS. The rumors were true. At least Smash Bros 3DS should be easier to play on now.
**** you Nintendo. I seriously bought a now out-of-date peice of hardware six months ago? No wonder they were trying to soften everyone up with that ambassadors program.... :(

D

Deleted member

I am glad I did not buy a 3DS early on. As Mickeymac said on Nintendo Life "Early buyers always lose.".

Still, early customers should not get screwed over like this and I do feel sorry for them.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
All good things come to those who wait

I knew that program was a hoax, 2nd rate GBA carrots and strings C"MON!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Everyone has been smack talking 01.net this entire time. I wonder who will be laughing now? It also means Monster Hunter 3DS is confirmed as well. Which kind of was even before Famitsu. But still, this means one of those rumors from earlier (Mach Rider Unchained, Yoshi's Island 3DS) could be true as well.

Also, this confirms that there will be a new 3DS model coming soon... I am now suddenly glad I did not buy a 3DS at launch.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Haters gonna hate, they just mad cuz they bought it at the release for absurd amounts of pesos.

Did you guys even read the link!?
It says it's a peripheral...
Doesn't matter, peripheral or not, folks still went overboard putting their faith in the company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom