• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Toad would actually be a very funny character if done right. They could play up some of his personality traits like his fear and insecurity. It could be quite humorous if done correctly. lol
Hm... If I were to limit the number of newcomers by 10 (excluding returns like Mewtwo and Roy and 3rd Parties):

Toad
Krystal
Ridley
Tom Nook (If Phoenix Wright can happen, so can he).
Capt. Syrup
Isaac
Saki
Little Mac
Mach Rider
Takamaru

I can say I'd be good with this list of newcomers as it has characters each from a different series.
Look, no disrespect to any character or anyone here, but don't you think we have enough Mario reps?

Here is a thought. How about somebody who knows how to read and write in Japanese try following Sakurai's Twitter and seeing if you are able to ask him some questions that he would be willing to respond too? Never know what could happen.
If I could, I would. Sadly, I don't.

Oasis, I CAN see this happening. Honestly, I can.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Test, test... Is this thing on?

Ok.

Rumor has it that there will be a new Fire Emblem and Mach Rider for the 3DS. They will be most likely be revealed Tuesday 13th at the Nintendo Conference.

That is all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the mario series. They can get as many characters as they want

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Look, no disrespect to any character or anyone here, but don't you think we have enough Mario reps?

If I could, I would. Sadly, I don't.
So what? What's the hate with Toad? I don't think having "too many reps" is a good argument since it's likely to happen besides you would be upsetting alot of Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. supporters as well, not a good arguement.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Come now. Everyone knows Toad is a bad choice and should not be playable because he smells.

@Swayne: Oh, did I not flash that at you the other day? Lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Test, test... Is this thing on?

Ok.

Rumor has it that there will be a new Fire Emblem and Mach Rider for the 3DS. They will be most likely be revealed Tuesday 13th at the Nintendo Conference.

That is all.
This is old news, we already know about it, I am however hoping it's a new FE title, that way a new lord might arise.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, chances are Mario is going to get another rep. It lost one in Brawl so why shouldn't it get it back?

Personally I'm neutral on Mario getting another rep, although if it came down to it I'd go with Paper or Bowser Jr.

vicgur

Smash Ace
OK, tell that to the Pokemon series.

Why are you talking about "too many reps"!?
We don't even know how many characters will be in the roster...
If the game gets [warning: exageratiin ahead] 60 characters, 6 Mario characters is a smaller fraction of the roster than Brawl's 4/35...

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post and can't change it, but you get my point.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
So what? What's the hate with Toad? I don't think having "too many reps" is a good argument since it's likely to happen besides you would be upsetting alot of Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. supporters as well, not a good argument.
OK, I never said I hated Toad. And the "too many reps" argument? That should be dropped altogether. My wishlist had 7 Zelda reps, 8 Pokemon reps, and at least 5 3rd party reps. Some responded with simply, "Too many reps for this franchise." So look, I'll stop using the "too many reps" excuse if everyone else does. Fair?

I guess I'm just trying to defend Ridley.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Personally I'd like Bowser Jr. as a new Mario rep, Toad would be nice too I'd actually be fine if either one of them got in. I wonder if Snake and Sonic will get kicked out in order to make room for new characters....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Come now. Everyone knows Toad is a bad choice and should not be playable because he smells.

If Toad gets an El Fuerte-esque moveset, what would you say then?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uhh... what's that? A Zorro style of swordplay...?
He's a wrestler

Luchidor, however that is spelled

Edit:

Fans of the shape-shifting fox rejoice -- The Pokemon Company has officially dubbed September Zoroark month. The company is celebrating the popularity of the creature, one of the breakout stars of the recently released Pokemon Black and White, with a host of activities throughout the month.
Anyone doubt Zozoark's popularity still?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Uhh... what's that? A Zorro style of swordplay...?
Lol no.

In summary, Toad's playstyle would have an emphasis on mobility, mixups, and ambiguous followups with a grab thrown here and there to even him up.

@Omega
You should know by now that my most wanted are Krystal, Ridley, Tom Nook, Capt. Syrup, and Toad in that orde.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Poor SSBF, there goes his Victini support group.

I only care for Mewtwo. They could cut every other Pokémon character as far as I'm concerned. I do not care for the Pokémon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Maybe, MAYBE because it's the biggest franchise Nintendo's got...

Definitely not the best reason. Probably the worst reason.

It has everyone it needs, the only reason I would want another character from the franchise is the same reason Kuma does. They bring a new playstyle. Toad, and Bowser Jr. have pretty unimortant roles. That's just a fact. Besides, didn't Sakurai say something about him feeling the series is complete? I would argee. But, adding Bowser Jr. would be fine by me.

I just wouldn't bet on it.

I bet Mario, Zelda and Pokémon are getting at least ONE new rep, each.
You're silly.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Maybe, MAYBE because it's the biggest franchise Nintendo's got...

But Dr. Mario doesn't really count as an added rep. It's like a bonus. He is essentially an alternate costume. =\

But to be fair, if Doc came back in SSB 4/S/U, as an alternate costume... I'd prefer it to overalls personally. =P

EDIT: Geeze, I am just not allowed to post this. =\

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Toad gets an El Fuerte-esque moveset, what would you say then?
"Way to grasp at straws instead of adding a character with readily obvious potential, Sakurai."

Not necessarily referring to Bowser Jr. here. I think he has the most to offer, at least with how I would prioritize things, but MORE IMPORTANTLY Mario is pretty much done as far as reps go, so I wouldn't add anymore until after A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT of other characters (also with readily obvious potential) got in beforehand.

Oh my goodness I've been awake for nearly 24 hours good night.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why add Zoroark? He's only the mascot of Gamefreak's newest generation of games. That's nothing special. VICTINI, on the other hand, who is more or less just another legendary who is in the group of pokemon legendaries that ended up as pokeball pokemon that drop goodies in a fight...

THAT is a real fighter, and totally not another pokeball pokemon. It makes perfect sense!

ANYWAY. Dropping sarcasm aside... =\

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Zoroark is one of my favorite Pokemon so of course I'm supporting it awesome design great in game and overall an awesome Pokemon? Well to be honest Minccino is my favorite B/W Pokemon but he isn't getting in.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Why add Zoroark? He's only the mascot of Gamefreak's newest generation of games. That's nothing special. VICTINI, on the other hand, who is more or less just another legendary who is in the group of pokemon legendaries that ended up as pokeball pokemon that drop goodies in a fight...

THAT is a real fighter, and totally not another pokeball pokemon. It makes perfect sense!

ANYWAY. Dropping sarcasm aside... =\
Learn to break trends dog. Close-mindedness isnt a good trait, especially when speculating

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I cannot see why that must be the case? If people want more Mario characters as opposed to something else. Let us be honest with ourselves, most people who are non-gamers are not going to give two flying flips for anyone like Saki, Isaac, Shulk, Mach Rider and 95% of all the other characters we discuss. Toad, Bowser Jr., and even Waluigi are characters a wider group of people will enjoy over the forum dwelling niche characters.

I asked some guys from my work one time, they were not heavily into games, to pick a Nintendo character they would like to see in the next Smash Bros. Want to know what most of them picked? A Mario character, of which the only non-existing fighter mentioned was Toad. Just because Mario may not be the favorite series winning the polls all the time does not mean it can or should not receive another character.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Learn to break trends dog. Close-mindedness isnt a good trait, especially when speculating
I'm not saying Victini isn't going to happen. I'm not saying I won't by the game if Victini happens and Zoroark doesn't. I honestly won't care. =\

Me seeing a pattern and running with it just to help my own speculation isn't close-mindedness, it's me seeing a pattern and using it to help my own speculation.

Mario SHOULD not recieve more characters until we've gotten characters from more under-represented franchises. =\ Seriously, could you imagine if we basically got...

SUPER SMASH MARIO BROS. 64
SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE *Featuring the Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and Kirby*
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL *With who we have now*

I won't say it doesn't DESERVE one, but at a certain point, enough is enough until we get something else. =\

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I cannot see why that must be the case? If people want more Mario characters as opposed to something else. Let us be honest with ourselves, most people who are non-gamers are not going to give two flying flips for anyone like Saki, Isaac, Shulk, Mach Rider and 95% of all the other characters we discuss. Toad, Bowser Jr., and even Waluigi are characters a wider group of people will enjoy over the forum dwelling niche characters.
Says the Dragon Fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom