• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think most fans have accepted that Geno is probably not getting in. He's lost a massive amount of support and has basically everything but popularity among his fans going against his inclusion. I think the "Geno" of SSB4 will be Phoenix Wright.
Maybe so, the Geno hype has surely died down since then even since the Geno project failed people just gave up on the idea.

Ridley needs to happen, having Omega Ridley has his Final Smash/Transformation would work wonders, he's the most deserving Nintendo character that has yet to be included.

As for Phoenix Wright, I like him alot as a character, but I'd like to see Will from Advance Wars instead.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Or, they can actually make Lucas unique. Cutting off the main face of Mother like that is outrageous.
Then I want an outrage~
It will only last 2 or 3 turns, then everyone will be confused for a bit, but in the end they'll all realize they're winners because it was so powerful.

Also, aside from specials, Lucas only shares like, what, 2 moves? lol.

Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
Oh hush.

D

Deleted member

He's still nowhere near as popular as Megaman though.
That's true, but he got a lot of support for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. He didn't get in. He was highly requested for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two World. He's not playable.

Fans desperately want Phoenix Wright to be in a fighting game even thought he has next to no fighting potentials. Expect a large push for Phoenix Wright to occur in SSB4 just for the sake of putting him in a fighting game. I'd like to see him as an Assist Trophy, but I am against him being playable. I will go as far as to say he has even less chance then Geno and he is very unlikely to be playable too.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey guys, one little thing I've found somewhat annoying now when I played SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I think Starman/Super Star is useless.

If you ask me why, it's because when you acguire it, everyone runs away from you. You might be invicible, but it's kind of distracting to go after them, especially if they are very skilled.

I suggest they add in the original function of Starman making you deadly just by touching the enemy. You'd deal lots of damage and knockback.

Then it wouldn't be really that distracting to use.

What do you think?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That's true, but he got a lot of support for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. He didn't get in. He was highly requested for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two World. He's not playable.

Fans desperately want Phoenix Wright to be in a fighting game even thought he has next to no fighting potentials. Expect a large push for Phoenix Wright to occur in SSB4 just for the sake of putting him in a fighting game. I'd like to see him as an Assist Trophy, but I am against him being playable. I will go as far as to say he has even less chance then Geno and he is very unlikely to be playable too.
And Megaman's absence from MvC3 hasn't sparked a massive backlash that people are expecting him to be in SSB4 to make up for it?

I know it's bad when a highly requested character doesn't get in, but the p*ss storm is far worse when a character expected to return doesn't.

I think Capcom gave up on the idea of making a working-playable Phoenix Wright, I've heard somewhere they're instead more interested on Francisca von Karma to represent Phoenix Wright (because that would make her moveset creation a much easier process, most likely). (Which I'm also not oppposed to).

OmegaXXII

Hey guys, one little thing I've found somewhat annoying now when I played SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

If you ask me why, it's because when you acguire it, everyone runs away from you. You might be invicible, but it's kind of distracting to go after them, especially if they are very skilled.

I suggest they add in the original function of Starman making you deadly just by touching the enemy. You'd deal lots of damage and knockback.

What do you think?
I know where your coming from.

I thought it was really stupid to follow and punish the enemies while being invincible, it defeats the purpose of being invincible in the first place if there's no fun in punishing and opponent.

I think some burning knockback should be added as a special effect simply by contact instead of going and simply punishing a cowardly opponent.

It's really distracting that I'd much rather not even have it in the first place.:/

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
They better improve that Star in SSB4. Really. Or if they don't want to, make a Golden Hammer-like stronger version for it, preferably Rainbow Star from Super Mario Galaxy.

OmegaXXII

They better improve that Star in SSB4. Really. Or if they don't want to, make a Golden Hammer-like stronger version for it, preferably Rainbow Star from Super Mario Galaxy.
Rainbow Star? How did that function? It seems like an interesting version of Star Man.
Also the length should be extended by at least 4 to 5 seconds, it would at least help in certain situations.

D

Deleted member

And Megaman's absence from MvC3 hasn't sparked a massive backlash that people are expecting him to be in SSB4 to make up for it?

I know it's bad when a highly requested character doesn't get in, but the p*ss storm is far worse when a character expected to return doesn't.

I think Capcom gave up on the idea of making a working-playable Phoenix Wright, I've heard somewhere they're instead more interested on Francisca von Karma to represent Phoenix Wright (because that would make her moveset creation a much easier process, most likely). (Which I'm also not oppposed to).
- I know that, but the difference is that Mega Man is easily the most wanted third-party character and has tons of move set potentials. And unlike Phoenix Wright, he actually deserves to be playable. Phoenix Wright is like Geno, undeserving and his importance to the gaming industry is overrated, but it's worse because he doesn't have much move set potentials. I'm just saying that the supporters will probably try again to get Phoenix Wright in a fighting game. This is the perfect game for supporters to throw in as many excuses as possible to support his inclusion, but in reality, he stands even less chance then he did in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Star and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Ultimate All-Stars.

- That wouldn't be too bad of an idea, but I think Francisca von Karma should wait until at least Mega Man gets in to be playable in Super Smash Bros.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Rainbow Star? How did that function? It seems like an interesting version of Star Man.
Also the length should be extended by at least 4 to 5 seconds, it would at least help in certain situations.
Here. It's quite awesome power.

Fun it would be if we could also get a growing boost of speed and pure pwnage pwer.

Morveux

Smash Cadet
They have to make a Dead or Alive's stage in response to Metroid stage in DOA:D.
I know, it is not the same team, not the same game, but it would be fun to have Kasumi and Ayane fighting in the background of a DOATEC stage, executing a 5 minute prerecorded choregraphy with ninja moves and fireballs and BOUUM and epic and woooow.

You see, Helena and Peach are exactly the same. They enjoy walking unconsciously among fire and explosions.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
- I know that, but the difference is that Mega Man is easily the most wanted third-party character and has tons of move set potentials. And unlike Phoenix Wright, he actually deserves to be playable. Phoenix Wright is like Geno, undeserving and his importance to the gaming industry is overrated, but it's worse because he doesn't have much move set potentials. I'm just saying that the supporters will probably try again to get Phoenix Wright in a fighting game. This is the perfect game for supporters to throw in as many excuses as possible to support his inclusion, but in reality, he stands even less chance then he did in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Star and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Ultimate All-Stars.

- That wouldn't be too bad of an idea, but I think Francisca von Karma should wait until at least Mega Man gets in to be playable in Super Smash Bros.
We must recovuh aww de energy immeedetly w-Megaman!

While I don't think it's fair to compare Phoenix Wright to Geno, I agree that his fanbase is pretty ridiculous. What I hate the most is that they compare Wright to Professor Layton as if they're in the same boat when Layton has adventures, fights, and does actiony stuff while all Phoenix Wright does is sit in a courtroom and doesn't even have any potential gadgets or tools he can use which even Tom Nook has.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
True, Henry Hatsworth seems more comparable to Layton.

They have to make a Dead or Alive's stage in response to Metroid stage in DOA:D.
I know, it is not the same team, not the same game, but it would be fun to have Kasumi and Ayane fighting in the background of a DOATEC stage, executing a 5 minute prerecorded choregraphy with ninja moves and fireballs and BOUUM and epic and woooow.

You see, Helena and Peach are exactly the same. They enjoy walking unconsciously among fire and explosions.
Very hard to picture this stage to appear. Other M wasn't very well received much IMO, and that kind of stae would start lots of D&A-topics and such. Smash will again, lose it's Nintendo All Star game-title.

If anything can be said about Mr.Resseti is that he was surely an annoying AT with all those message bubbles:/
I actually liked him as an AT. He's not annoying. He's only annoying in AC. Arrrggghhh.

What do you think?
Useless or not useless, the only reason why they put it is because it's one of the main items in Mario.
Very hard to picture this stage to appear. Other M wasn't very well received much IMO, and that kind of stae would start lots of D&A-topics and such. Smash will again, lose it's Nintendo All Star game-title.
It was actually well received (79%). Not as high as the usual but still a good score. In my opinion, it was a great game. The game would suck without auto aim. It's not like they should have made it 2.5 D. Lol.

@Mega Man topic: I hope Zero isn't the rep. I thought the creator of Classic Mega Man quit capcom? I still favor Classic Mega Man among the mega mans but I favor the Mega mans over Zero. Sorry Zero :(

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Would that really work?

And I think no one even has a cardboard box as a costume, Snake solely thought of that :laugh:

But I love your concept, I feel that every character should at least have an alt. costume like Mario for example, he could have his Dr. Mario theme with pills ONLY as an alt, not as a seperate character.
Would what work? Getting Konami and Tecmo to trade 1 outfit for the opposing character? Why not?

Even so there haven't been many gunslinging stealthy Snake-like spies in Ninja Gaiden. Even including Dead Or Alive I'd see Bayman being the only one and he's really bulky and I'd imagine Snake would look redicilous with his clothes (although scuba diving gear could be hot)

SSBFan you're proving the point even better, although I think the difference between 14 and 10 is almost nothing. Lets say about 15 characters is plenty already so not including Ridley, K Rool, Mac etc was reasonable. But which 15 characters could still take the spot in front of those 3?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Diddy got in because allies/sidekicks always get in before villains.
MK and Wario being in shouldn't have affected K.Rool's and Ridley's chances.

Mostly I think Sakurai didn't think Metroid and DK deserved three reps.
If Sakurai thought that of DK and Metroid, I would honestly be disappointed, as I think Metroid and maybe DK too should have had at least three reps by Brawl's release.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I actually liked him as an AT. He's not annoying. He's only annoying in AC. Arrrggghhh.

Useless or not useless, the only reason why they put it is because it's one of the main items in Mario.

It was actually well received (79%). Not as high as the usual but still a good score. In my opinion, it was a great game. The game would suck without auto aim. It's not like they should have made it 2.5 D. Lol.

@Mega Man topic: I hope Zero isn't the rep. I thought the creator of Classic Mega Man quit capcom? I still favor Classic Mega Man among the mega mans but I favor the Mega mans over Zero. Sorry Zero :(
At least from what I heard, a ton of Metroid fans hated Other M. I watched my friend(HUGE Metroid fan) play it and was appalled at how they turned a badass space bounty hunter into a whiney, emotionally crippled pansy who is paralyzed with fear when she sees the same purple space pterodactyl she has killed 800 ****ing times before(not to mention he looks like Woody Woodpecker now) until Mr. Stereotypical Wise Crackin' Black Man can draw the woodpecker away and nobly sacrifice himself.

Like a bad fanfiction.

D

Deleted member

SSBFan you're proving the point even better, although I think the difference between 14 and 10 is almost nothing. Lets say about 15 characters is plenty already so not including Ridley, K Rool, Mac etc was reasonable. But which 15 characters could still take the spot in front of those 3?
I was not intending to prove you wrong, just correcting you on how many newcomers were in Brawl.
If Sakurai thought that of DK and Metroid, I would honestly be disappointed, as I think Metroid and maybe DK too should have had at least three reps by Brawl's release.
I agree that DK deserves three reps, but I don't think Metroid needs three, Honestly, we should be happy if Ridley appears.

At least from what I heard, a ton of Metroid fans hated Other M. I watched my friend(HUGE Metroid fan) play it and was appalled at how they turned a badass space bounty hunter into a whiney, emotionally crippled pansy who is paralyzed with fear when she sees the same purple space pterodactyl she has killed 800 ****ing times before(not to mention he looks like Woody Woodpecker now) until Mr. Stereotypical Wise Crackin' Black Man can draw the woodpecker away and nobly sacrifice himself.

Like a bad fanfiction.
Well, I was disappointed about Samus' change but it was still a good game if you ignored the aspect. The main thing that attracted me was the gameplay.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Other M= Exhibit A as to why it's a bad idea to suddenly add voices and greatly expand backstory* to existing characters in the game themselves..... especially if you aren't going to do it right.
*Most of Samus' backstory had always been in the instructions or in manga.

...but anyway, I have an idea that I can't remember if I've mentioned before: have the "mii" character be a CREATE A CHARACTER. You'd start with your Mii** on the 3DS, and as you build up your character on the 3DS, you get a chance to purchase new moves and stats for it. Want your character to be quick? Then invest your Smashcoins into speed. Ever wish you had a character that could use special moves from various characters? Buy them. Then, after you've hit your character-point limit (so nobody can create a broken character that is tops in every category), transfer it over to Wii U for maximum ownage.

**(maybe there could be a generic Mii on the WiiU for anyone who wants to play with a Mii that has Mii-moves like using boxing gloves, bowling balls, hula-hoops, and such)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I was not intending to prove you wrong, just correcting you on how many newcomers were in Brawl.
I agree that DK deserves three reps, but I don't think Metroid needs three, Honestly, we should be happy if Ridley appears.
I would be happy even if it were just Ridley - I'm only expecting him, anyways. But IMO, considering that Star Fox and Kirby have three characters each and Star Fox just isn't that major of a franchise anymore, I think Metroid should have three characters. But again, that's just what I think and I do not expect a third character in SSB4.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Other M= Exhibit A as to why it's a bad idea to suddenly add voices and greatly expand backstory* to existing characters in the game themselves..... especially if you aren't going to do it right.
*Most of Samus' backstory had always been in the instructions or in manga.
I'm expecting to see a in-depth Mariogame. Mario looks like that "realistic" pic showing around in internet, he has complex problematic relationships with Luigi, Peach, Toad, Wario and Bowser. He is trying to rehab from his mushroom addiction and to get a fresh start for his plumbing career that doesn't involve just walking and sliding through sewer pipes.

I bet it would be **** but it certainly sounds interesting

OmegaXXII

...but anyway, I have an idea that I can't remember if I've mentioned before: have the "mii" character be a CREATE A CHARACTER. You'd start with your Mii** on the 3DS, and as you build up your character on the 3DS, you get a chance to purchase new moves and stats for it. Want your character to be quick? Then invest your Smashcoins into speed. Ever wish you had a character that could use special moves from various characters? Buy them. Then, after you've hit your character-point limit (so nobody can create a broken character that is tops in every category), transfer it over to Wii U for maximum ownage.

**(maybe there could be a generic Mii on the WiiU for anyone who wants to play with a Mii that has Mii-moves like using boxing gloves, bowling balls, hula-hoops, and such)
I am definetly looking to such a feature.:)

I want to see Sakurai's and Sora's take on the matter, how will the Mii's handle?Any kind of special mechanics concerning them? Customizable move properties? Y'know those kind of questions.

I hope they at least develop some kind of stat or level build up, like gaining a certain amount and experience, that alone would make me want to play as the Mii's, I'm not sure how the 3DS would handle though, but that transfer idea seems like it would work.

Adds to checklist:
[V] Toad
[V] Drake
[ ] Ryu Hayabusa
[ ] Mii.

I don't care about mii but since I have nothing to do, maybe I'll make a moveset for him/her.

OmegaXXII

Ryu seems like a cool looking character, I don't know about him though, Id just rather see Megaman and Toad and leave at that. Fair?

Ryu seems like a cool looking character, I don't know about him though, Id just rather see Megaman and Toad and leave at that. Fair?
I'm just doing Ryu because I'm bored. Pretty much the same reason for Drake.

Fair.

Off for now

D

Deleted member

I found this quote by Kojima in regards to why Snake got into Brawl:
Kojima said:
I worked hand-in-hand with [director] Mr. [Masahiro] Sakurai, who I also consider a friend. At the time Nintendo thought that Snake felt like a Sony character, and didn’t think he would fit into SSBB. However, I really wanted Snake in the game, and it was through Mr. Sakurai that we were able to reach a consensus and make that happen.
Basically what this means that any new third-party characters is largely the third-party responsibility. So basically, us getting Mega Man depends on whenever or not Capcom wants to put him in. With the huge demnad Mega Man has, I'm hoping this is the cas.e

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The thing with the Mii, is despite what a lot of people say around here, its probably the most likely addition into Smash 4. Its extremely well known and popular (though not with this crowd here), has displayed several times the ability for combat, and it also acts as a create a character that doesn't need to break the system.

OmegaXXII

Yes, I think most of us know that Snake's inclusion was really because his creator wanting him soo bad.

Anyway... I really want to see someone post a Ray moveset, I would create one but I don't know much about his games :(

D

Deleted member

The thing with the Mii, is despite what a lot of people say around here, its probably the most likely addition into Smash 4. Its extremely well known and popular (though not with this crowd here), has displayed several times the ability for combat, and it also acts as a create a character that doesn't need to break the system.
It's not really easy to interpret what customizable characters really mean. It could mean that, it could mean creating your own characters, it could even mean upgrading the stats of character already in the game. As for me wanting Mii's, I'm neutral on it. While I don't support their inclusion, I have no problem with them getting in the game, providing of course, we get to use our own Mii's.

@OmegaXVII: I believe ChronoBound made a move set for Ray here. His move sets are great, I recommend checking all of them out.

BTW ChronoBound, you might want to link that thread in your signature so that people can see it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

What do you think?
I agree that the Star should be heavily improved.

In almost every Mario title, mainstream and spin-off, just touching someone while invincible will damage him/her. Why this wasn't applied in Smash Bros. is beyond me.

To improve the Star item, if a player gets it, he/she will be temporarily invincible. The item will also boost that player's speed, and increase the strength of his/her attacks.

However, the biggest effect would be that anyone who comes into contact with the invincible player will be sent flying, often being 1-hit KO'd. This may make the attack boost redundant, but the attack boost will come in handy against targets who are too heavy to be 1-hit KO'd by the physical contact effects; either due to touching a Super Mushroom, grabbing a Metal Box, or touching a Mega Mushroom.

For the targets who are impervious to flinching (Ex.: Giga Bowser, Ganon, Omega Ridley), while they will not flinch from the physical contact effects, they'll still take damage, except for Wario-Man (and any other Final Smash), who is invincible to everything except hoop damage.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's not really easy to interpret what customizable characters really mean. It could mean that, it could mean creating your own characters, it could even mean upgrading the stats of character already in the game. As for me wanting Mii's, I'm neutral on it. While I don't support their inclusion, I have no problem with them getting in the game, providing of course, we get to use our own Mii's.
Well its not really about wanting them per say, but rather acknowledging the fact that they are probably the most likely new addition to Smash. Nintendo doesn't really have any other major franchises or brands or whatever that are left, but the Mii is the big one that's grown up throughout the Wii's generation, so much that its inspired a knock off version over at Microsoft.

But I suppose the customization of characters is a bit vague as of right now, but generally for a fighting game its about appearance rather than anything.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well its not really about wanting them per say, but rather acknowledging the fact that they are probably the most likely new addition to Smash. Nintendo doesn't really have any other major franchises or brands or whatever that are left, but the Mii is the big one that's grown up throughout the Wii's generation, so much that its inspired a knock off version over at Microsoft.

But I suppose the customization of characters is a bit vague as of right now, but generally for a fighting game its about appearance rather than anything.
I imagine that Mii would work like Mr. Game and Watch in its style. I can see it working but I wonder if they would allow customization of it. If they do, I imagine that we'll be fighting A LOT of Hitlers online. :laugh:

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I agree that the Star should be heavily improved.

In almost every Mario title, mainstream and spin-off, just touching someone while invincible will damage him/her. Why this wasn't applied in Smash Bros. is beyond me.

etc.
The reason is quite simple. Gameplay Balance. In Mario games you aren't playing against other player characters, you are mowing through goons.

Do you really want ANOTHER almost definite KO item? We already have the Hammer, Gold Hammer, Bob-omb, Dragoon, Warpstar, etc. The invincibility star was supposed to have a certain gameplay effect, not just to provide another killing option.

---

I'm hoping more that Black Knight/Zelgius will make it into the game. I am wondering what he'd be called though, Black Knight is kind of vague, Zelgius is specific to the guy. I'm hoping for Zelgius to make it. Name Zelgius, but the visuals of the Black Knight IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom