• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I agree that the Mii's are one of the few, if not the only, characters that I basically see as a guarantee. I don't see Toad or Bowser Jr. as a guarantee, I don't see Victini as a guarantee, I don't see Ridley as a guarantee, and I really don't see Megaman as a guarantee.

The Mii's and a new Pokemon are the only characters I would bet on. Not that there aren't any other likely characters, I just see these two as what I expect fully.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I figured instead of talking about new characters, why not speak of the current characters we have? Mainly their B moves and FS's.

[COLLAPSE="Changed movesets"]Mario- I think that with the inclusion of the FLUDD move, he should also gain something from SMG. Perhaps replacing the FLUDD, or making his ^B an antigravity soar like he does in SMG.
Luigi- I think he should gain his pultergeist as his vB just like Mario got his FLUDD. And if mario gets that ^B move changed, Luigi will have his ^B unique.
Peach- Only thing I'd want changed is if Toad got in, then her B attack should change something else.
Bowser- Make his B move slightly different from Charizards. Maybe change vB too, close to Yoshi's.
Donkey Kong- Definately change his FS. Maybe incorporate riding a rhino in his FS or regular moveset.
Diddy Kong- If his >B hits, he should cling to you.
Yoshi-Maybe change vB, close to Bowser's
Wario- Maybe tweak his ^B a bit
Link- No complaints. Maybe you could charge his ^B?
Sheik/Zelda-Maybe give them different FS
Gannondorf-FS great. Moveset, horrible. Give him his own
Toon Link- Give him his own moveset and FS. Or change him to MM young link.
Samus- No complaints
Pit- Maybe vB hurts opponent when unleashed. And change FS if she gets in
Ice Climbers- No Complaints
ROB- Maybe make FS more exciting, like the SSE bomb
Kirby- Maybe make his ^B a kirby airride machine where he quickly jumps on it and soars up. They could change his >B too, a lot of hammers already
MetaKnight- No complaints
DDD- Change his ^B. Have his B when you suck it in, you can spit them in which direction you want (up down, etc.)
Olimar- No Complaints
Fox- No Complaints
Falco- Change his B to a his cannon. Change his FS to an airwing. Alter his >B and ^B a little bit from Fox's, like his reflector kick.
Wolf- Change his FS
C. Falcon- No Complaints
Pikachu-No complaints
PT- Alter charizard's B a bit from Bowser's. Maybe incorporate Steel wing somewhere? Make squirtle's withdraw able to be controlled from side to side, and his water gun actually do damage.
Lucario- Maybe make his ^B able to do damage when hit by it
Jigglypuff- Maybe make her ^B have her sing in a twirl which causes her to rise
Marth- No Complaints
Ike- Change his vB animation
Ness- No complaints
Lucas- Make his >B, ^B, and vB different like his B is from Ness. Change his FS (or vice versa)
G&W- No Complaints
Snake- No Complaints
Sonic- Change either B, >B, or vB, all very similar to each other[/COLLAPSE]

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'm hoping more that Black Knight/Zelgius will make it into the game. I am wondering what he'd be called though, Black Knight is kind of vague, Zelgius is specific to the guy. I'm hoping for Zelgius to make it. Name Zelgius, but the visuals of the Black Knight IMO.
People recognize him as the Black Knight, so he would be called the Black Knight....not like he's getting in or anything though. :embarrass:

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
Actually, that was a link to Roy's moveset, I wanted Ray from Custom Robo.
Read that post and a few post afterwards. That is Ray from Custom Robo.
Fatmanonice said:
If they do, I imagine that we'll be fighting A LOT of Hitlers online.
And Husseins's, and Obama's, and Bush's.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Mishudo
When making those changes, you have to consider what that will do to that character's playstyle. IIRC, Luigi's Down B is very important for him so putting in Poltergust might be a change for the worse.

As I've mentioned before, this is what I want from Zelda. In Project M, Zelda has the ability to lay up to three Din's Fires around the stage. When one is released, the other's timers are reset. Each Din's Fire explodes one second after it is released other wise. This gives her an extremely good zoning option.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
@Mishudo
When making those changes, you have to consider what that will do to that character's playstyle. IIRC, Luigi's Down B is very important for him so putting in Poltergust might be a change for the worse.

As I've mentioned before, this is what I want from Zelda. In Project M, Zelda has the ability to lay up to three Din's Fires around the stage. When one is released, the other's timers are reset. Each Din's Fire explodes one second after it is released other wise. This gives her an extremely good zoning option.
Agreed with this. Luigi's down-B is too important to him to lose to something like the Poltergeist. It just isn't worth the loss, and will make Luigi less unique when compared to Mario.

And I concur with the P:M Zelda concept. I hadn't used Zelda nearly as much as I have in the week I've had P:M. Her Din's Fire is quite astoundingly useful in it, with the timers and whatnot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
IMO, Project M made Din's Fire essentially Zelda's defining move.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm hoping more that Black Knight/Zelgius will make it into the game. I am wondering what he'd be called though, Black Knight is kind of vague, Zelgius is specific to the guy. I'm hoping for Zelgius to make it. Name Zelgius, but the visuals of the Black Knight IMO.
Yes!! It seems there's still hope for this thread, I agree with you 1000%.

I am currently in the process of composing an in-depth, all out moveset concerning the Black Knight, I'll post it up once Im finished with it :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ON MIIS: I can actually think of one reason they wouldn't be guaranteed. Their simplistic models would look extremely out of place. They'll probably have a new model to fit with the realistic style of Smash, but I'm not sure what they would do about the faces. Would maybe need their own Mii creating program built into the game to convert the models...? I may be thinking too outside of the box when inside-thinking would be better...

ON SPECIAL MOVES: There is something that has been bothering me about Yoshi's, Kirby's, and Bowser's down special moves. I really think they should have it so that the longer you fall, the more damage/knockback you'll do if you hit an opponent. It's harder to land those attacks anyway if you're doing them from above the screen, so you should have more payoff than when you do them right next to your opponent.

What the hell? How can a Mii look so manly...?

Is his name pronounced like swear-engine? Like, an engine that runs on curse words???

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The reason is quite simple. Gameplay Balance. In Mario games you aren't playing against other player characters, you are mowing through goons.

Do you really want ANOTHER almost definite KO item? We already have the Hammer, Gold Hammer, Bob-omb, Dragoon, Warpstar, etc. The invincibility star was supposed to have a certain gameplay effect, not just to provide another killing option.
Well, what if it was a Rainbow Star? It would be very rare, like the Golden Hammer.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
What the hell? How can a Mii look so manly...?

Is his name pronounced like swear-engine? Like, an engine that runs on curse words???
Pretty much. If you watch Deadwood, you'll see its a fitting name.

D

Deleted member

That is the most realistic Mii I have ever seen. Congrats!

Also, what do you think of something like Rate Their Chances being done on this board? The way I would set this up would be similar to what LuigiKong set up here. The reason why I'm planning to bring something like this on this forum because I think this forum will most accurately represents characters chances, with the fact that there are a lot of solid debaters of SSB4 in here in at least in regards to characters.

While similar, there will be a few difference. One difference is that I would allow from 0% to 100% (decimal up to the hundred point included. Like for example, you can rate Tom Nook 25.24%), providing you explain why and it isn't a troll-like response or an attempt to even out the score. I will also have zero tolerance to even out the score with 0% or 100% because you think they're rating a character too highly or lowly. You should also not let biasness influence your score. If you rate a character high or low purely because you want that character in or are against his inclusion, I will also not count it. Also, my Rate Their Chances will include not only potential newcomers, but also veterans as well. As such, each day, I will provide a poll for two characters, a veteran and newcomer. Like newcomers, veterans can also be nominated. Note that Melee cut characters will go on the veteran side, not newcomers. Once we run out of veterans, it will only be newcomers.

If you people are still confused by what I mean and if I get at least one more "Yes" then "No", tonight at 8:30 PM CST, I'll set up a blog in regards to this matter which will end at 8:30 PM CST tomorrow giving two examples.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What are we rating them on? Because who I want, who I think is feasable, and who is likely are alllll VERY different. I would like to participate in that. I'm down.

Sidenote: Does anyone know of Slender Man? It's some weird legend my brother is yapping about.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Here's my updated and final version of Hayabusa, don't think I can do anything more with it:

Here's a helpful link for those who don't their (modern) Ninja Gaidens: http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com/wiki/Ryu_Hayabusa%27s_abilities,_equipment_and_titles

[COLLAPSE="Ryu Hayabusa"]
Specials:
B = (tap) Shurikens, (hold) Incedinary shurikens, (hold) Bow. In order of strength and projectile moving speed.
B+S = Art of the Inferno (Summons slightly homing, but always downwards moving fireballs from the sky. Tap for 1 and charge for up to 3)
B+U = Art of the Piercing Void shot towards sky (Chargeable black hole for bigger size and damage, drains nearby items and characters towards it)
B+D = Art of the Wind Blades radial attack. Weak damage but good crowd control (Chargeable for more blades increasing range and damage)
Final Smash: Ultimate Technique. Uninterruptable powerful combo always hitting the closest enemy (some hits push enemies backwards a lot so the closest isn't always the same). Duals Blade of the Archfiend and True Dragon Sword.

Normal:
A = 3 Sword slashes
A+S = Sword uppercut launcing enemy in air
A+U = Lunar Staff spin above head damaging and knocking back nearby enemies both in front and behind
A+D = Eclipse Scythe trip attack
Dash = Extremely fast sword strike (Violent Wind)

Smashes (without the gore of course, just a powerful charged strike(s)):
A+S = Sword Obliteration Technique
A+D = Hammer downward smash Obliteration Technique
A+U = Flail uppercut spin Obliteration Technique

Aerials:
Neutral Aerial = Jump kick
Forward Aerial = Flying Swallow (quick dash attack forwards)
Down Aerial = Downwards tonfa swing smashing enemies to ground
Up Aerial = Launches Windmill Shuriken diagonally upwards which circles and returns from another angle

Grabs: Wears Falcon Talons
Pummel = Talon punches and a finisher kick
Forward Throw = Guillotine Throw (Jumps over the enemy grabbing his head and throws him over)
Up Throw = Footstool Jump (Uses enemy as platform to jump, force knocks enemy down face first)
Down Throw = Izuna Drop (throws enemy in air, jumps to grab him and piledrives into ground head first)
Back Throw = Rolls back and kicks the enemy over him

Floor attack = Handstand spin kick
Ledge attack low % = Wooden Sword slam
Ledge attack medium % = Nunchaku smack
Ledge attack high % = Kusari-Gama smash

Block = Holds Sword in front of him. Able to dash (Reverse Wind).

Taunts:
Side = Swipes blood (rainbows lol) from his sword and sheats it
Up = Shows off an unused Life of Thousands Gods amulet or a Scroll of Resurrection
Down = Ayane or Muramasa jumps on stage but Ryu shoos her/him away

Outfits:
1 = The new default Legendary Black Falcon outfit
2 = White Shadow Walker outfit
3 = Green Biometal outfit
4 = Red/cyan Fiend outfit
5 = Purple Classic outfit from original games ("Comic" in pic below)
6 = Black with red lines Red Muffler outfit
OR (for simplicity, everyone is the same default model with different color scheme)
1 = Black Falcon
2 = Dark Blood (Red)
3 = Type 20 (Green)
4 = Black Jaguar (Jaguar texture)
5 = Tribal Spirit (Gold)
6 = Purple (Same color as classic)

[COLLAPSE="NG costumes"]

[/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

What are we rating them on? Because who I want, who I think is feasable, and who is likely are alllll VERY different. I would like to participate in that. I'm down.

Sidenote: Does anyone know of Slender Man? It's some weird legend my brother is yapping about.
On how likely it is for the character to appear in SSB4. As an option, you can select one of these options on how much you want a character in:

Demand
Want
Neutral
Non-Supportive
Against

On how likely a character is, I will round all of the votes minus troll/votes that attempt to raise percentage of the character to "even things out" in their favor.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Here's my updated and final version of Hayabusa, don't think I can do anything more with it:

Here's a helpful link for those who don't their (modern) Ninja Gaidens: http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com/wiki/Ryu_Hayabusa%27s_abilities,_equipment_and_titles

[COLLAPSE="Ryu Hayabusa"]
Specials:
B = (tap) Shurikens, (hold) Incedinary shurikens, (hold) Bow. In order of strength and projectile moving speed.
B+S = Art of the Inferno (Summons slightly homing, but always downwards moving fireballs from the sky. Tap for 1 and charge for up to 3)
B+U = Art of the Piercing Void shot towards sky (Chargeable black hole for bigger size and damage, drains nearby items and characters towards it)
B+D = Art of the Wind Blades radial attack. Weak damage but good crowd control (Chargeable for more blades increasing range and damage)
Final Smash: Ultimate Technique. Uninterruptable powerful combo always hitting the closest enemy (some hits push enemies backwards a lot so the closest isn't always the same). Duals Blade of the Archfiend and True Dragon Sword.

Normal:
A = 3 Sword slashes
A+S = Sword uppercut launcing enemy in air
A+U = Lunar Staff spin above head damaging and knocking back nearby enemies both in front and behind
A+D = Eclipse Scythe trip attack
Dash = Extremely fast sword strike (Violent Wind)

Smashes (without the gore of course, just a powerful charged strike(s)):
A+S = Sword Obliteration Technique
A+D = Hammer downward smash Obliteration Technique
A+U = Flail uppercut spin Obliteration Technique

Aerials:
Neutral Aerial = Jump kick
Forward Aerial = Flying Swallow (quick dash attack forwards)
Down Aerial = Downwards tonfa swing smashing enemies to ground
Up Aerial = Launches Windmill Shuriken diagonally upwards which circles and returns from another angle

Grabs: Wears Falcon Talons
Pummel = Talon punches and a finisher kick
Forward Throw = Guillotine Throw (Jumps over the enemy grabbing his head and throws him over)
Up Throw = Footstool Jump (Uses enemy as platform to jump, force knocks enemy down face first)
Down Throw = Izuna Drop (throws enemy in air, jumps to grab him and piledrives into ground head first)
Back Throw = Rolls back and kicks the enemy over him

Floor attack = Handstand spin kick
Ledge attack low % = Wooden Sword slam
Ledge attack medium % = Nunchaku smack
Ledge attack high % = Kusari-Gama smash

Block = Holds Sword in front of him. Able to dash (Reverse Wind).

Taunts:
Side = Swipes blood (rainbows lol) from his sword and sheats it
Up = Shows off an unused Life of Thousands Gods amulet or a Scroll of Resurrection
Down = Ayane or Muramasa jumps on stage but Ryu shoos her/him away

Outfits:
1 = The new default Legendary Black Falcon outfit
2 = White Shadow Walker outfit
3 = Green Biometal outfit
4 = Red/cyan Fiend outfit
5 = Purple Classic outfit from original games ("Comic" in pic below)
6 = Black with red lines Red Muffler outfit
OR (for simplicity, everyone is the same default model with different color scheme)
1 = Black Falcon
2 = Dark Blood (Red)
3 = Type 20 (Green)
4 = Black Jaguar (Jaguar texture)
5 = Tribal Spirit (Gold)
6 = Purple (Same color as classic)

[COLLAPSE="NG costumes"]

[/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE]
If we get any Ninja Gaiden rep it better be that chick with the big greasy jugs.

OmegaXXII

@ssbowns: Thats an impressive moveset for Ryu H., I'd really like to see some more alt. costumes like you mentioned.

If we get any Ninja Gaiden rep it better be that chick with the big greasy jugs.
Agreed to the max! :cool:

Nothing is better than ZZS!

Enifenil

Smash Rookie
Animal Crosser should be a playable character! Seems possible, considering they included an Animal Crossing stage into brawl. :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Animal Crosser should be a playable character! Seems possible, considering they included an Animal Crossing stage into brawl. :p
Villager... Tom Nook... K.K. Slider... Mr. Resetti...

ALL OF THEM PATHETIC!

What we need is a real man like KAPP'N.

OmegaXXII

No! What we need is Smashville and ONLY Smashville, I don't know why people wanted that kid so bad during Brawl's hype.:/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No! What we need is Smashville and ONLY Smashville, I don't know why people wanted that kid so bad during Brawl's hype.:/
It was mostly only Tom Nook supporters from what I remember?

Continuing to support him even after the Smashville update...

Sickening.

D

Deleted member

@ssbowns: I love the Ryu Hayabusa move set that you've provided. Can't wait to see the entirety of what berserker01 cooks up as well. He's my second most wanted third-party character.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It was mostly only Tom Nook supporters from what I remember?

Continuing to support him even after the Smashville update...

Sickening.
I knew he was toast after I saw Smashville although I guess with MVC3, we saw that that technically didn't mean anything. Regardless, I am more of a Blathers man myself or maybe Gulliver, but I still think that Tom Nook should be in Smash 4. **** the "crosser" or "villager" or whatever they call him.

Enifenil

Smash Rookie
But the Animal Crossing Kid would be such a fun and diverse character! :C

His specials could utilize the tools, like the fishing rod, axe, net, and shovel, and his down special could switch to a different tool. His smash attacks could be different depending on the tool in his hand. :D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But the Animal Crossing Kid would be such a fun and diverse character! :C

His specials could utilize the tools, like the fishing rod, axe, net, and shovel, and his down special could switch to a different tool. His smash attacks could be different depending on the tool in his hand. :D
That's actually... a pretty good idea, really.

I really doubt Animal Crossing gets a character (really doesn't need one), but I'm convinced that if it did, it would be the Villager/Crosser of Animals (???).

reallyreallyreallyridleyreallyreally.

INCIDENTALLY, AL SWEA-- HOOTS, ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW ANIMAL CROSSING I KNOW I AM.
(Hoots??? The sound of an owl? Like Blathers?! Everything makes sense now. And Enifenil is totally "Fineline.")

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I knew he was toast after I saw Smashville although I guess with MVC3, we saw that that technically didn't mean anything. Regardless, I am more of a Blathers man myself or maybe Gulliver, but I still think that Tom Nook should be in Smash 4. **** the "crosser" or "villager" or whatever they call him.
None of them should be in.

Animal Crossing is far from a fighting series. The characters don't fight at all. I know that Sakurai could make a moveset for them, but it just wouldn't really be right.

I used to support the "Animal Crosser" (which would customizable in appearance and gender, not just some generic Animal Crosser) for Brawl, but I just don't see it happening anymore. Animal Crossing is best represented through a stage. Maybe this time they'll get the stage idea right and let the stage cycle through seasons. lol

Hoots

Can Be Combative
That's actually... a pretty good idea, really.

I really doubt Animal Crossing gets a character (really doesn't need one), but I'm convinced that if it did, it would be the Villager/Crosser of Animals (???).

reallyreallyreallyridleyreallyreally.

INCIDENTALLY, AL SWEA-- HOOTS, ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW ANIMAL CROSSING I KNOW I AM.
(Hoots??? The sound of an owl? Like Blathers?! Everything makes sense now. And Enifenil is totally "Fineline.")
OMG! You've solved it! Let's see if you can guess the other interest of mine that's referring to!

And yes I would be totally psyched if I had a 3DS.

I see no reason why Tom Nook can't have the same tools in his moveset

VGZero

Smash Rookie

"Professor Layton is a top-hat-wearing fellow whom made a name for himself by solving puzzles. With the help of his young apprentice, Luke, Professor Layton has been on a number of critically acclaimed adventures on the Nintendo DS. The series has enjoyed a surge in popularity over the years, and we think it's time for the Professor himself to make his debut appearance in the Smash Bros. franchise."

Full Article Here

hey guys! we're having a Smash Bros. month over at vgZero, so I thought I would come and link you to some of our write-ups to get some discussion going. Our first character suggestion is Professor Layton. I know that the general opinion on him being included is pretty split, so it would be good to hear what some of the more veteren players think.

Other than that, it's great to be here! I haven't played online with Brawl for a while after having some bad experiences with latency, but I'm looking to get back into it soon so you'll be seeing me around.

OmegaXXII

Forget Animal Crossing, how about some Custom Robo instead, Ray MK I/III would be awesome, I hope someone like star comes up with a concept of his moves, anyway I really, Really like the tracks he suggested!

Not the best picture in the world but this should give everyone an idea of what a Custom Robo stage would look like.

Video: http://youtu.be/lZGcC3oNoRo

Aesthetically it would share a design much like what is presented in the above media Add platforms, a little more wireframe, all while retaining the neon tech design. The platforms would be the surface of the two walls, in below them would give you access to the floor of the arena. Giving you two levels to fight on. When on the ground the walls will pose as an obstacle. Beyond the walls the remainder of the floor leads into the "KO boundary". The background would have many different "cyber" animations that one would expect of an internet based stage. More distinctly you would be able to view the "Custom Robo cannon" in the background swiveling and firing Custom Robo characters into the background. Simple design conveying the arena theme.

An example: _|-|__|-|_

Name: Cyber Holosseum
Icon: Custom Robo cube

Custom Robo 64 - Custom Battle
Custom Robo V2 - Custom Battle 2
Custom Robo V2 - Capsule Holesseum
Custom Robo V2 - Battle #2
Custom Robo GX - Regular Battle
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Heaven
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Frozen Game
Custom Robo Arena - Basic Battle
Sin and Punishment - Agave
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - System Menu
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Proud Soldier
Chosoju Mecha MG - Marionation Gear (Brawl)
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Great Battlers (Of course assuming Megaman is in the game)

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
Forget Animal Crossing, how about some Custom Robo instead, Ray MK I/III would be awesome, I hope someone like star comes up with a concept of his moves, anyway I really, Really like the tracks he suggested!
This. So much this. Ray absolutely deserves to be playable.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OMG! You've solved it! Let's see if you can guess the other interest of mine that's referring to!
This reminds me of a puzzle.

I'll throw Daniel Dreiberg out there and see where that gets me. If I get no where then I'm a flabby failure.

IT'S NOT IN ME TO ARGUE AGAINST NOOK NOW, So I'll talk about Ray. I think Ray has a better chance than people may think. It's for a reason not immediately obvious, and probably pretty flimsy too, BUT WUTEFFERS. Smash is rather lacking in the robot category, and even with R.O.B., Ray is very different from him. He would certainly have his own... "atmosphere" about him? Ray, his stage, and his music are things so far unseen in Smash. That seems like something Sakurai would take notice of... but who knows~

D

Deleted member

This reminds me of a puzzle.

I'll throw Daniel Dreiberg out there and see where that gets me. If I get no where then I'm a flabby failure.

IT'S NOT IN ME TO ARGUE AGAINST NOOK NOW, So I'll talk about Ray. I think Ray has a better chance than people may think. It's for a reason not immediately obvious, and probably pretty flimsy too, BUT WUTEFFERS. Smash is rather lacking in the robot category, and even with R.O.B., Ray is very different from him. He would certainly have his own... "atmosphere" about him? Ray, his stage, and his music are things so far unseen in Smash. That seems like something Sakurai would take notice of... but who knows~
I agree that he chances are decent, but not for that. Mega Man would fit that robot category. If he didn't exist or if third-party characters were impossible, I would be more incline to agree. He has a shot mainly because of his large move set potentials, his moderate fan demand (Which I am noticing), and that he was an Assist Trophy in SSBB. The only way I can see this argument working is if Sakurai confirms no guest characters/Mega Man will not be in SSB4 and chances of either happening are low.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I agree that he chances are decent, but not for that. Mega Man would fit that robot category. If he didn't exist, I would be more incline to agree. He has a shot mainly because of his large move set potentials, his moderate fan demand (Which I am noticing), and that he was an Assist Trophy in SSBB.
I was just suggesting something to add with the other arguments. :V That is true enough about Megaman though. STILL, Ray's a rather different style of robot compared to Megaman. His stage would surely further differentiate the "atmospheres" (I seriously can't think of a better word right now, lol) the two series would offer as well.

But yeah, I was just putting that out there.

OmegaXXII

Here's an interesting moveset I found for Ray Mk I, he's my most wanted character right now.

We need more Custom Robo love. So I made this.

Ray MK

Size: Link size
Weight: Medium
Speed: Fast as Mario

Entrance: A Robo Cannon in the background fires Ray 01, still in his cube form. The cube starts to unfold. Sometimes he appears upside-down, and pulls his head out of the ground.

A: Simple punch
AA: Knees upward
AAA: Uses both arms to pound down the opponent.
FTilt: Headbutts, moderate knockback.
UTilt: Does a flip, most attack is at the top of the flip.
DTilt: Shoots at the ground in front of him. Like Samus's Dtilt.
FSmash: Fires a green, short ranged Shotgun shot. Large knockback, but with an Ike Windup.
Usmash: Does a fast, instantaneous jump like a dash attack, hitting the opponent with the spikes on his head. Not as much knockback as Fsmash, but still deadly.
Dsmash: This smash is different from others. Ray 01 uses the Acrobat Pod, which causes him to jump and escape attacks with a non-damaging explosion. More you charge, the higher he goes. He has a few invincibility frames when he uses this.

Nair: Spins in the air. Similar to MK.
Fair: A strong spin kick.
Bair: Drills with his legs, much like Falco or Sonic, but doesn't trap opponents as well.
Uair: Deploys a Satellite Pod right above himself ,with good but not good enough knockback.
Dair: Shoots a Shotgun round right below himself. Meteor Mash.

B: Ray 01 fires a Random Gun from the Custom Robo games. There are 7 different guns he can fire, and he can't fire the same one twice in a row.

1: Slide Gun. 3 Simple purple shots come out one at a time. Unlike his other guns, he can move while he fires these.
2: Hornet Gun: 4 bees are fired and follow the opponent. Moderate Knockback, They disappear if they don't hit after a while.
3: Vertical Gun: 4 Shots are fired, 2 go up and 2 stay down, but shortly after fired, aim on to their opponent and come back together. Little knockback, but very damaging.
4: Dragon Gun: A very slow and easy to dodge shot that does great damage and great knockback.
5: Knuckle Gun: This gun has almost no range at all, but if it hits, it's instant death.
6: Gravity Gun: A Black Orb is shot and it stays stationary for a while. Hits well.
7: The gun can sometimes jam up, and fail to fire. Ray 01 is very venerable if this happens.

B>: A red cross appears on the ground, in with you can manually aim to fire a bomb at. explodes when it hits ground. Annoying, but easy to evade if you use airborne characters..

B^: Satellite Pods come out and allow ray 01 to move completely free of gravity for 1.8 seconds. They can more pretty quickly, and they explode after they fly away.

Bv: Ray 01 charges a dash attack. he glows complete red when charged. Once released, the classic "Wooosh" sound is heard, and he instantly reappears, much like Fox illusion, but with much more knockback. Opponents hit are sent vertically. Cannot be used to recover.

Final Smash: Soulboost. Ray 01 turns completely gold and becomes much more powerful, making all his attacks have large knockback. B^ can last until FS is over, all shotgun related attacks have extra range, bombs have larger blast radius, Dash has longer range, and speed is slightly increased.

Taunts: Ray 01 goes into his cube form, and quickly comes back out.
Ray 01 shoots into the air. Even if you are in the way of these shots, they do no damage.
Ray 01 does a classic arm over arm stance from his Custom Robo victories.
:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This. So much this. Ray absolutely deserves to be playable.
Too bad that series hasn't had a game in a while, while Animal Crossing is doing dandy. I will never understand why people dislike having them playable. I would main Tom Nook, I mean look at him!

He's sleepy and adorable.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well....let's see a Tom Nook moveset then...:glare:

:phone:
They're out there. Trust me. But I'm not making one because I don't know him/his series that well. I just am slightly annoyed by the fact that people are against characters. Very few characters merit a hate. I'm not against anyone, I just see others more fitting. Ex: I prefer Bowser Jr. over Toad, I'm not against Toad though.

Someone was against Kamek on here, and I was like "Whaaa?". Kamek is a good character, but I think she isn't a number one priority. No reason to hate. Nook is cool yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom