• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
SSBF, this will be the first time I ever disagreed with you but, SONIC UNLEASHED IS HORRIBLE. Should have named the game Sonic the Werehog. -___________-

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't forget Isaac!

I want to believe he's the most likely, but I don't know either way. I don't care as long as he gets in this time.
If anyone gets in from Golden Sun it will probably be Matthew although it really doesn't matter since they look the same and have the same abilities anyways. I'd say the same thing about Saki and Isa too in regards to how they would play out in Smash. You know, come to think about it, it would be pretty cool if Isaac and Saki returned as assist trophies especially if their sons became playable characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If anyone gets in from Golden Sun it will probably be Matthew although it really doesn't matter since they look the same and have the same abilities anyways. I'd say the same thing about Saki and Isa too in regards to how they would play out in Smash. You know, come to think about it, it would be pretty cool if Isaac and Saki returned as assist trophies especially if their sons became playable characters.
But with Golden Sun each new game has featured a new protagonist. Why didn't anybody strongly advocate Felix over Isaac for Brawl? Felix was the "relevant" Golden Sun protagonist for that time.

Isaac has a track record of appearing in all three games. If you ask me he still has the highest chances of being playable. Although I suppose the several year divide in the series could make Matthew end up in a more favorable position. I don't know, I don't particularly care either way. Just as long as one makes it in.

I'm just going to keep on rooting for Isaac, as I always have! Most preferably we'd have alternate costumes and Matthew could be one for Isaac.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm curious, how well did Star Successor sell worldwide (IF YOU KNOW)? Could a case be made that Saki would still have wider recognition compared to his son? Also, would Isa have Saki's Cannon Sword?! That is the most important question of all.

Also I'm kind of hoping we get the new Isaac instead of Matthew.

dat scruff.

D

Deleted member

I think the most likely new rep from a new series is Little Mac. This guy is a shoe-in, the perfect definition of it.

@Fatmanonice: While I would prefer Isaac and Saki over Matthew and Isa respectively, but I have no qualms with that happening. Golden Sun and Sin & Punishment deserves a rep and as long as it's a main protagonists, I am fine with it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But with Golden Sun each new game has featured a new protagonist. Why didn't anybody strongly advocate Felix over Isaac for Brawl? Felix was the "relevant" Golden Sun protagonist for that time.

Isaac has a track record of appearing in all three games. If you ask me he still has the highest chances of being playable. Although I suppose the several year divide in the series could make Matthew end up in a more favorable position. I don't know, I don't particularly care either way. Just as long as one makes it in.

I'm just going to keep on rooting for Isaac, as I always have! Most preferably we'd have alternate costumes and Matthew could be one for Isaac.
Well, for Felix, Isaac kind of did high jack the lead role again about half way through through the Lost Age. It's kind of like with Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and how Ike high jacked the lead role from Michiah half way through the game. Anyways, like I said, it really doesn't matter as they are almost interchangable unless they decided to go with adult Isaac.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Idk, I think Shadow's spinoff was pretty bad.

Sonic06 was ridiculously full of glitches. Rouge's level was practically unplayable. It seems the towers had superglue lol.

OmegaXXII

Idk, I think Shadow's spinoff was pretty bad.

Sonic06 was ridiculously full of glitches. Rouge's level was practically unplayable. It seems the towers had superglue lol.
Yea man and that Amy ring glitch practically made her unhittable, it was glitchy as ****!

Anyway, pertaining to SSB4 Balloon Fighters chances seem very unlikely, swing that Sakurai gave up on the idea and all during Melee's development, much less even see a trace of him in Brawl.

Isaac, I don't know much about him since I've never played Golden Sun, is he or Felix any good? Do they have high chances?

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My favorite Sonic Adventure 2 tracks.

Sonic Adventure 2 - This Way Out! (Prison Lane)
Sonic Adventure 2 - On The Edge (Eternal Engine)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Space Trip Steps (Meteor Herd)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Bright Sound (Dry Lagoon)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Unstable World (Crazy Gadget)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn (Vs. Biolizard)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Chao Race (Hero)

And the saddest music ever! Coupled with that image of the sad Chao with the bag over it's shoulder. Somebody please stop my heart from bleeding!

Sonic Adventure 2 - Goodbye Chao

OmegaXXII

Awesome, you've got a good taste of music as far as Sonic goes, well done.

Am I the only one who loved Sonic Unleashed's soundtrack? I in particular would like to at least see Chun-Nan - Dragon Road Day in SSB4.
I don't think people hate the music at all, it's just tha IMO the game could have been so much better in ways SA2 was, as far as music goes, it was definetly spectacular hands down.

D

Deleted member

First Rate Their Chances day has started.

Will take a look at a music and post in that blog with my analysis of the characters and nominations of my own soon along with listening to music recently suggested.

OmegaXXII

Alright! I'll go ahead and check it out!!

@star: hey, have you seen any good Ray MK movesets? I'd like to see how he would function for Smash.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
My favorite Sonic Adventure 2 tracks.

Sonic Adventure 2 - This Way Out! (Prison Lane)
Sonic Adventure 2 - On The Edge (Eternal Engine)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Space Trip Steps (Meteor Herd)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Bright Sound (Dry Lagoon)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Unstable World (Crazy Gadget)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn (Vs. Biolizard)
Sonic Adventure 2 - Chao Race (Hero)

And the saddest music ever! Coupled with that image of the sad Chao with the bag over it's shoulder. Somebody please stop my heart from bleeding!

Sonic Adventure 2 - Goodbye Chao
One thing about Sonic Adventure 2 that made it really good was, it actually had a dark side too it. Eggman was actually trying to kill people, you felt emotion in that game. "Come if you want to see her alive..." and also when eggman dropped sonic in that pod that was supposed to kill him. What other Sonic game has Eggman been that BA?

Good Music, bad game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, I made my minor adjustments. All I did was add a screenshot and switch out three of the tracks:

Video: http://youtu.be/lZGcC3oNoRo

Aesthetically it would share a design much like what is presented in the above media add platforms, a little more wireframe, all while retaining the neon tech design. The platforms would be the top surface of the two walls, in below them would give you access to the floor of the arena. Giving you two levels to fight on. When on the ground the walls will pose as an obstacle. Beyond the walls the remainder of the floor leads into the "KO boundary". The background would have many different "cyber" animations and effects that one would expect of an internet based stage. More distinctly you would be able to view the "Custom Robo cannon" in the background swiveling and firing Custom Robo characters into the background. Simple design conveying the arena theme.

An example: _|-|__|-|_

Name: Cyber Holosseum
Icon: Custom Robo cube

Custom Robo 64 - Custom Battle
Custom Robo V2 - Custom Battle 2
Custom Robo V2 - Capsule Holesseum
Custom Robo V2 - Battle #2
Custom Robo GX - Regular Battle
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Heaven
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Frozen Game
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Scramble
Custom Robo Arena - Basic Battle
Chibi Robo - The Final Confrontation
Art Style: Light Trax - Superplay
Chosoju Mecha MG - Marionation Gear (Brawl)
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Great Battlers (Of course assuming Megaman is in the game)

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know about Balloon fighter as a playable character but maybe an assist trophey. He could fly around and dive bombing and kick people around.

I would really love to see a balloon fight stage. Like this one.

For those who may not know how the stage works here is some details.

-The bumpers play just like they do in Melee (where they originally came from)
- The clouds will occasionally shoot lighting balls that bounce around the stage (was an instant kill in balloon fight)
- Swimming too close to the water will cause a fish to jump up and eat you (the one featured in the Ice Climbers stage).

Here is a link of other stages to look at.
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/NES/index.htm#BalloonFight

OmegaXXII

One thing about Sonic Adventure 2 that made it really good was, it actually had a dark side too it. Eggman was actually trying to kill people, you felt emotion in that game. "Come if you want to see her alive..." and also when eggman dropped sonic in that pod that was supposed to kill him. What other Sonic game has Eggman been that BA?
Yea, the game game a deep plot and the controls were the best I've ever seen in a modern Sonic game, it's a sad truth the a 10 yr. Old outshines some of the newer ones. :/

Good Music, bad game.
Agreed

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm curious, how well did Star Successor sell worldwide (IF YOU KNOW)? Could a case be made that Saki would still have wider recognition compared to his son? Also, would Isa have Saki's Cannon Sword?! That is the most important question of all.

Also I'm kind of hoping we get the new Isaac instead of Matthew.

dat scruff.
The original Sin & Punishment was not even released outside Japan (with the exception of the Virtual Console). In Japan, it bombed.

Sin & Punishment 2 definitely bombed in Japan. I have no idea how it did outside Japan considering there is no sales date with the NPD outside of the Top 10. However, considering the scant advertising it was given, its likely it bombed too.

Starfy actually did surprisingly well in America, and managed to chart. Same with Punch-Out Wii.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn did abysmal in Japan. It sold only like 80K in Japan, whereas the other two games sold over 200K. Once again, I have no idea how the game did outside Japan because there the NPD is garbage (at least for the data it releases to the public). Let's hope that Camelot did not get burned by the lower sales. Keep in mind that the reason that Camelot went on such a long hiatus from 2005 to 2010 (in regards to releasing games) was because they laid off a lot of their staff. I think they now may even be at only half the size that they used to be.

I am curious though about the lack of a new Starfy game. TOSE gets plenty of money making ports of classic RPG games, however, their last Starfy game was released in 2008. This is the longest hiatus ever for the Starfy series. I think one possible explanation is that they might be working on a Wii Starfy game (they have expressed some interest in doing it) and its taking them a little longer than expected to do it. I think a new Starfy game is an inevitability, however, the yellow starry guy does not seem to have much popularity in regards to requests for playable status in Smash Bros.

I have talked about Custom Robo in a post earlier a few days ago, and mentioned how bizarre that a new game was never made for the Wii (especially in light of how engine to the GameCube one could basically have been re-used for the Wii one). The Custom Robo series has never been hiatus for this long (it has had five games to date). My main concern is whether Noise, the developer of Custom Robo, has disbanded.

Otherwise, the only C-list Nintendo series (Punch-Out, Golden Sun, Starfy, Sin & Punishment) that seemed to do well in regards to its resurrection was Punch-Out Wii, where it was both critically acclaimed and good sales success (though the game bombed in Japan, however, Japan was never keen on Punch-Out). Really, Little Mac's only two obstacles for inclusion at this point are "all he can do is punch" (which kept out the Urban Champion) and the fact that most of his popularity is Western.

I am curious though. I remember Sakurai saying somewhere that many of the Assist Trophies were characters who were "too limited" to become playable characters. I read it somewhere but it was years ago. If that is indeed what he said, than many C-list heroes that are being cheered for playable inclusion may not have as much of a chance than we expect.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The original Sin & Punishment was not even released outside Japan (with the exception of the Virtual Console). In Japan, it bombed.

Sin & Punishment 2 definitely bombed in Japan. I have no idea how it did outside Japan considering there is no sales date with the NPD outside of the Top 10. However, considering the scant advertising it was given, its likely it bombed too.

Starfy actually did surprisingly well in America, and managed to chart. Same with Punch-Out Wii.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn did abysmal in Japan. It sold only like 80K in Japan, whereas the other two games sold over 200K. Once again, I have no idea how the game did outside Japan because there the NPD is garbage (at least for the data it releases to the public). Let's hope that Camelot did not get burned by the lower sales. Keep in mind that the reason that Camelot went on such a long hiatus from 2005 to 2010 (in regards to releasing games) was because they laid off a lot of their staff. I think they now may even be at only half the size that they used to be.

I am curious though about the lack of a new Starfy game. TOSE gets plenty of money making ports of classic RPG games, however, their last Starfy game was released in 2008. This is the longest hiatus ever for the Starfy series. I think one possible explanation is that they might be working on a Wii Starfy game (they have expressed some interest in doing it) and its taking them a little longer than expected to do it. I think a new Starfy game is an inevitability, however, the yellow starry guy does not seem to have much popularity in regards to requests for playable status in Smash Bros.

I have talked about Custom Robo in a post earlier a few days ago, and mentioned how bizarre that a new game was never made for the Wii (especially in light of how engine to the GameCube one could basically have been re-used for the Wii one). The Custom Robo series has never been hiatus for this long (it has had five games to date). My main concern is whether Noise, the developer of Custom Robo, has disbanded.

Otherwise, the only C-list Nintendo series (Punch-Out, Golden Sun, Starfy, Sin & Punishment) that seemed to do well in regards to its resurrection was Punch-Out Wii, where it was both critically acclaimed and good sales success (though the game bombed in Japan, however, Japan was never keen on Punch-Out). Really, Little Mac's only two obstacles for inclusion at this point are "all he can do is punch" (which kept out the Urban Champion) and the fact that most of his popularity is Western.

I am curious though. I remember Sakurai saying somewhere that many of the Assist Trophies were characters who were "too limited" to become playable characters. I read it somewhere but it was years ago. If that is indeed what he said, than many C-list heroes that are being cheered for playable inclusion may not have as much of a chance than we expect.
BTW chrono I'm still waiting for a Roy moveset...I really wanna believe in him (Roy was my favorite before Ike existed....but you know now he isn't even among my favorite character in his own game)....

On topic : I really hate the fact that crappy games overshadowing good hardcore games....which make the good games less important in the eyes of the developers .

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
BTW chrono I'm still waiting for a Roy moveset...I realy wanna believe in him (Roy was my favorite before Ike existed....but you know now he isn't even among my favorite character in his own game)....
Roy moveset:

Roy is the third and last cut Melee character that I am bringing back for my Smash 4 roster. Roy was among the last two of the Forbidden 7 to be cut from the final game. Roy is also the most popular of the cut Melee veterans, second only to Mewtwo. While, Roy was initially in Melee to advertise Fire Emblem 6, he has gained a lot of fans in the Smash series, and helped to make Fire Emblem gain a fanbase outside Japan. Roy is also the most important of all the Elibe lords, and the Swords of Seals itself offers Roy a lot of moveset potential.

Roy is actually the only new sword-character that was added to my roster. Ganondorf uses a trident, Lip uses a baton, and Isaac only uses his sword for some of A-moves and specials. However, some people said that another sword-character for Fire Emblem would not offer anything unique. They are very much wrong. While, it is difficult to display differences in swordplay for Smash movesets, the style planned for Roy will very much make him a different sword fighter than the other sword-users currently on the roster. Roy also gets his special moves from abilities that the Sword of Seals has (which include it ability to shoot out flames and heal). However, you might be asking what kind of sword style do I plan for Roy.

The sword style that makes up Roy’s moveset is using a two-handed sword with both hands. Roy will obviously hold his blade with both his hands, as opposed to one like every other sword user currently in the Smash Bros. series. However, you might be asking how would this serve to make Roy unique? Well, the primary reason why a two-handed sword is wielded with both hands is to allow extra control and help better wield a sword that is very heavy and large compared to its wielder. Ike, known for being the strongest lord in the entire Fire Emblem series, is understandable as to how he is able to wield a two-handed sword with one-hand. However, someone such as Roy, who is weaker physically, needed both hands in order to wield the Sword of Seals in his game. While wielding a two-handed sword will make Roy a stronger character than what is custom for a character of is weight and speed, there is a drawback to it. The drawback is that Roy needs both of his hands to properly wield his sword. If Roy picks up an item and uses it, his speed and power (and recovery) will be compromised in a big way. Its for this reason, that a lot of items are actually useless for Roy to use, and this aspect is Roy’s biggest weakness.

However, there are also other aspects to Roy’s Sword of Seal other than it being a two-handed sword. As many of you know, the Sword of Seals has a fire effect to its critical attacks (which is why a lot of Roy’s specials had fire effects). However, what a lot of you did not know was that the Sword of Seals gets it power from the emotions of its wielder (if its wielder pities its enemy it will simply knock his opponent unconscious as opposed to killing him or her), and that it has the ability to strike at a distance as well as heal its wielder. It are these traits to the legendary blade that provide the basis for Roy’s special moves for his new moveset.

As for Roy’s design, while Roy has only made one appearance in a Fire Emblem game (barring his cameo in Fire Emblem 7), I think Roy’s appearance should differ a bit from his Melee design. In Melee, his hair was bit spikier and he looked more like a hyperactive pyro than the quiet and kind leader he was in Fire Emblem 6. I think for his head and hair it should be based off of his in-game sprite portrait in Fire Emblem 6 (meaning Roy would have a longer head than in Melee, as well as less spiky hair that is sort of parted to the side). As for his actual lord outfit design, it should be based off of Roy’s outfit on the cover to the box to Fire Emblem 6. Roy in-game should look not too serious, but have a simple determination to him that is reflective of kind, gentle nature. As for the official Smash 4 art for Roy, I imagine him holding onto the Sword of Seals’s hilt with one of his hands, with the pointed end of the Sword of Seals hitting the ground, with Roy having a determined look on his face that is similar to his official Melee art picture. Overall, I hope that the new moveset I made for Roy helps to convince you that he is indeed worthy enough to return in Smash 4 as a playable character, and that he would even make an unique addition to the whole roster.

Roy’s regular moves:

A: Roy makes a diagonal slice with his sword.

AA: Roy makes a horizontal slice with his sword.

AAA: Roy makes a vertical slice with his sword.

Running-A: Roy will make jump in the air and come down with the Sword of Seals with a vertical slice (it basically looks like Ike after coming down after doing Aether). It works similar to a move that is in the 3-D Zelda games (where you would hold z, then press A).

Side-A: Roy will do a spin kick with one of his legs, than follow with a horizontal slice with his sword.

Down-A: This is one of Roy’s few A-moves from Melee. Roy simply pokes his opponent while kneeling with his sword. This move still sends your opponent upward like it did in Melee.

Up-A: Roy quickly raises the Sword of Seals pointed edge to the sky (looks sort of like his up-smash from Melee).

A-Air: Roy’ will do the same A-aerial as in Melee only he holds the blade with both hands.

Down-Air: Roy will come down quickly (like with Toon Link/Sonic/Zero Suit Samus’s down-aerials) and smack the flat-side of the Sword of Seals into his opponent. This move is a spike, not a meteor.

Backward-air: Roy will swing the Sword of Seals in back of him in a manner similar to Link’s Up-B, which also means that it will hurt opponent that are in front of Roy wen doing this attack. However, there the lag-time when doing this attack is similar to that of Ike’s aerials.

Forward-air: Roy’s forward-air is the same as Ike’s, however, it comes out much faster than Ike’s does.

Up-air: Roy simply raises the pointed end of his Sword of Seals at 45 degree angle. While this move has very limited range, it is a powerful kill move.

Forward-Smash: Roy will close his eyes (this is him focusing his emotions into the Sword of Seals), and the blade will become on fire. Roy will then do the same flaming sword swipe in which he does a critical in Fire Emblem 6.

Down-Smash: Once again, Roy will close his eyes, and the Sword of Seals will light on fire. Roy charges up the power to the smash attack in the same position as Ike does, however, the attack differs from Ike’s. Instead Roy will spin around in a circle.

Up-Smash: Roy will raise the Sword of Seals at a 70 degree angle, and close his eyes and sword will light a blaze. When done charging, Roy will do a flip with the Sword of Seals on fire.

Roy’s grabs, like the other two Fire Emblem characters, are very weak.
Grabs:

Grab-A: Roy’s will keep hitting his opponent with his knee.

Forward-Grab: Roy will toss forward his opponent.

Backward-Grab: Roy will kick his opponent in back of him.

Down-Grab: Roy will slam his opponent in back of him.

Up-Grab: Roy will toss his opponent up

Roy special moves:

Regular-B: Flare Blade: This is the same move Roy has in Melee. Roy puts the Sword of Seals above his head like in Melee, closes his eyes, only this time the Sword of Seals lights on fire while charging. When fully charged the moves is basically an OHKO, however, this move now does 20% damage to Roy, and is the only move to retain the middle of the sword sweetspot.

Side-B: Holy Fire: Roy charges the Sword Seals next to his shoulder. Once again Roy closes his eyes, and the blades sets on fire. However, when done charging Roy will raise the Sword of Seals up high, and a small, white ball of fire will shoot out from the blade. If this ball of fire hits an opponent it will create a huge explosion. Obviously, the power of the fire ball is dependent on how long Roy charges this attack. This attack is based off of the ability of the Sword of Seals to do a projectile attack.

Down-B: Recover: Roy will hold the Sword of Seals in the same position as he did with Counter in Melee (only Roy now holds the blade with both hands). Several flames encircle Roy while in this position. If Roy is attacked while in this defensive position 75% of the attack power will heal Roy, while the other 1/4 will be used to deal damage to the opponent (meaning that is Roy gets hit with an attack that does 24% damage, Roy will get healed 18% damage, and deal 6% damage to his opponent). Interestingly enough, this move has the same knock back no matter how powerful the attack. The amount of knockback Roy does with this attack is about 1/5 the distance of Final Destination. This special move is based off of the Sword of Seals ability to heal its wielder.

Up-B: Flame Wave: Roy will raise the Sword of Seals up high and close his eyes, while the blade lights on fire. Once done charging, the tip of the blade, will have a blue flame on it. This attack has two parts. When Roy performs the attack in the air, Roy will perform his Blazer recovery move from Melee (however, he now holds the blade with both hands), and at the apex of the attack’s height Roy will come back down (think Ike’s Aether) quickly. However, if you charged the sword on the ground, after Roy comes down, a wave of fire will shoot out of the blade that is very powerful (35% damage) though has little damage. This move is again based off of the Sword of Seals ability to shoot out flames.

Final Smash: Great Balls of Fire: This Final Smash is self-explanatory. Roy will push the Sword of Seals into the ground, then get on one of his knees, and close his eyes. It will look like Roy is praying. Then, fire meteors starts shooting out diagonally from the top-left corner of the screen down toward the arena. This balls of fire don’t have much knockback, but are hard to avoid. The fireball onslaught ends after 20 seconds. Afterward, Roy will pull the Sword of Seals out of the ground and get on with the fight.

Roy’s taunts are as follows:
1. Roy’s will put the Sword of Seals behind his back, and go “Eeeyaah” (this is the same taunt he had in Melee).
2. Roy will put the Sword of Seals into its holder, and say, “For my friends and countrymen, I must not lose.”
3. Roy will thrust the Sword of Seals into the ground, he will close his eyes, and flames will circle around Roy.

Victory animations:
Roy’s victory animations are the same as they were in Melee.

Running animation:
Roy will hold the Sword of Seals with both of hands and will run with Sword of Seals down by his size. Though it is a bit difficult to imagine, this running animation differs greatly from Marth’s and Ike’s.

Idle animation:
Roy will hold the Sword of Seals the same way Ike holds Ragnell in his Counter position. Sometimes, Roy will hold the Sword of Seals up like how Cloud hold his Buster Sword. Other than that, Roy does not do anything else.

Costumes:
1. Roy’s armor and tunic becomes red.
2. Roy’s armor and tunic becomes dark blue.
3. Roy’s armor becomes green and his tunic brown.
4. Roy’s armor becomes gold and his tunic yellow.
5. Roy’s armor becomes black, and his tunic red.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby’s Roy hat is the same as it was in Melee, and even does the same move. Not much else to say here.

Roy-Snake Codec Conversation:
Snake: Colonel, who is this boy with the red hair and the huge sword?
Campbell: That’s Roy. Roy helped lead the Lycian Army to victory against an aggressive war started by Bern, the military superpower of Elibe. The blade he wields is a legendary sword wielded by the founder the founder of Bern called the Sword of Seals.
Snake: Tell me more about this Sword of Seals...
Campbell: The blade gets its power from the emotions of its wielder. If its wielder is merciful toward his enemy, the mercy will be reflected in the blows the blade deals. However, if the wielder feels hate toward his enemy, that same hate will manifest in the blade’s strikes. Not only that, this sword will light ablaze, and has the power to strike from a far and even heal it wielder.
Snake: So this isn’t some kid with an ordinary sword we’re dealing with here..., how do I counter this guy.
Colonel: The Sword of Seals is heavy. Roy needs use of both of his hands in order to properly use it in battle.
Snake: So if I get Roy to hold onto something else while battling, it should compromise his attack power and speed greatly, right.
Campbell: Bingo. However, I think Roy might be aware of this weakness.
Snake:Thanks, colonel.
End of codec.

End of Roy moveset.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^ My friend showed me a thread on gamefaqs, did you take that from there or are you Snakey?

If that is you bravo man. The only thread on gamefaqs that didn't make me drop IQ points

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
^ My friend showed me a thread on gamefaqs, did you take that from there or are you Snakey?

If that is you bravo man. The only thread on gamefaqs that didn't make me drop IQ points
Yeah that is me. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed those movesets.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Little Mac's only two obstacles for inclusion at this point are "all he can do is punch" (which kept out the Urban Champion) and the fact that most of his popularity is Western.
I can't say much about how his Japanese popularity will affect his inclusion into Smash but I don't see how Mac being a boxer will affect his chances. He can crouch down for low hooks to the leg, he can still grapple using clinch fighting techniques, his aerials can be design around him with using his fight (though he may have to do some flips or rotations).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

NOISE has not been disbanded, they actually have been developing a DS game titled "AcroKnights", set to be published by Namco Bandai.

No, what Sakurai said was that Assist Trophies were characters who "couldn't quite make it as playable fighters". There is too little information to really draw anything from that statement. It could mean they didn't function well? It could mean they wanted to make them playable but did not have time? They decided to go with other characters but still wanted to include them somehow? Nobody really knows outside of Sakurai and his then development team. My gut instinct tells me, based upon the wording of two characters, that two of them were intended to be playable beyond the others. Saki and Gray Fox.

The only problem with that theory is if that is the case why were not other characters like Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, and the forbidden seven not made into assist trophies/Pokéball? My personal feeling is that in the cut characters case Sakurai didn't want to make the situation any sorer for those fans who watched their favorite character cut. As for the others I don't believe they were developed enough to do anything with. Dixie, as far as we know, was only intended to be a functional pair with Diddy Kong. Plusle and Minun is probably just the randomn button. Toon Zelda/Sheik were probably not very developed either, or they may have struggled to fit her in as an Assist Trophy?

That is a lot of speculation but there really is no telling where Assist Trophies characters stand in regards to the next game. As of now the only character to move from summonable to playable is Charizard. So that gives the others at least a precedent to be "promoted".

So what do you guys think of this icon I made?

Can you guys guess what series it's for?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Roy moveset:

Roy is the third and last cut Melee character that I am bringing back for my Smash 4 roster. Roy was among the last two of the Forbidden 7 to be cut from the final game. Roy is also the most popular of the cut Melee veterans, second only to Mewtwo. While, Roy was initially in Melee to advertise Fire Emblem 6, he has gained a lot of fans in the Smash series, and helped to make Fire Emblem gain a fanbase outside Japan. Roy is also the most important of all the Elibe lords, and the Swords of Seals itself offers Roy a lot of moveset potential.

Roy is actually the only new sword-character that was added to my roster. Ganondorf uses a trident, Lip uses a baton, and Isaac only uses his sword for some of A-moves and specials. However, some people said that another sword-character for Fire Emblem would not offer anything unique. They are very much wrong. While, it is difficult to display differences in swordplay for Smash movesets, the style planned for Roy will very much make him a different sword fighter than the other sword-users currently on the roster. Roy also gets his special moves from abilities that the Sword of Seals has (which include it ability to shoot out flames and heal). However, you might be asking what kind of sword style do I plan for Roy.

The sword style that makes up Roy’s moveset is using a two-handed sword with both hands. Roy will obviously hold his blade with both his hands, as opposed to one like every other sword user currently in the Smash Bros. series. However, you might be asking how would this serve to make Roy unique? Well, the primary reason why a two-handed sword is wielded with both hands is to allow extra control and help better wield a sword that is very heavy and large compared to its wielder. Ike, known for being the strongest lord in the entire Fire Emblem series, is understandable as to how he is able to wield a two-handed sword with one-hand. However, someone such as Roy, who is weaker physically, needed both hands in order to wield the Sword of Seals in his game. While wielding a two-handed sword will make Roy a stronger character than what is custom for a character of is weight and speed, there is a drawback to it. The drawback is that Roy needs both of his hands to properly wield his sword. If Roy picks up an item and uses it, his speed and power (and recovery) will be compromised in a big way. Its for this reason, that a lot of items are actually useless for Roy to use, and this aspect is Roy’s biggest weakness.

However, there are also other aspects to Roy’s Sword of Seal other than it being a two-handed sword. As many of you know, the Sword of Seals has a fire effect to its critical attacks (which is why a lot of Roy’s specials had fire effects). However, what a lot of you did not know was that the Sword of Seals gets it power from the emotions of its wielder (if its wielder pities its enemy it will simply knock his opponent unconscious as opposed to killing him or her), and that it has the ability to strike at a distance as well as heal its wielder. It are these traits to the legendary blade that provide the basis for Roy’s special moves for his new moveset.

As for Roy’s design, while Roy has only made one appearance in a Fire Emblem game (barring his cameo in Fire Emblem 7), I think Roy’s appearance should differ a bit from his Melee design. In Melee, his hair was bit spikier and he looked more like a hyperactive pyro than the quiet and kind leader he was in Fire Emblem 6. I think for his head and hair it should be based off of his in-game sprite portrait in Fire Emblem 6 (meaning Roy would have a longer head than in Melee, as well as less spiky hair that is sort of parted to the side). As for his actual lord outfit design, it should be based off of Roy’s outfit on the cover to the box to Fire Emblem 6. Roy in-game should look not too serious, but have a simple determination to him that is reflective of kind, gentle nature. As for the official Smash 4 art for Roy, I imagine him holding onto the Sword of Seals’s hilt with one of his hands, with the pointed end of the Sword of Seals hitting the ground, with Roy having a determined look on his face that is similar to his official Melee art picture. Overall, I hope that the new moveset I made for Roy helps to convince you that he is indeed worthy enough to return in Smash 4 as a playable character, and that he would even make an unique addition to the whole roster.

Roy’s regular moves:

A: Roy makes a diagonal slice with his sword.

AA: Roy makes a horizontal slice with his sword.

AAA: Roy makes a vertical slice with his sword.

Running-A: Roy will make jump in the air and come down with the Sword of Seals with a vertical slice (it basically looks like Ike after coming down after doing Aether). It works similar to a move that is in the 3-D Zelda games (where you would hold z, then press A).

Side-A: Roy will do a spin kick with one of his legs, than follow with a horizontal slice with his sword.

Down-A: This is one of Roy’s few A-moves from Melee. Roy simply pokes his opponent while kneeling with his sword. This move still sends your opponent upward like it did in Melee.

Up-A: Roy quickly raises the Sword of Seals pointed edge to the sky (looks sort of like his up-smash from Melee).

A-Air: Roy’ will do the same A-aerial as in Melee only he holds the blade with both hands.

Down-Air: Roy will come down quickly (like with Toon Link/Sonic/Zero Suit Samus’s down-aerials) and smack the flat-side of the Sword of Seals into his opponent. This move is a spike, not a meteor.

Backward-air: Roy will swing the Sword of Seals in back of him in a manner similar to Link’s Up-B, which also means that it will hurt opponent that are in front of Roy wen doing this attack. However, there the lag-time when doing this attack is similar to that of Ike’s aerials.

Forward-air: Roy’s forward-air is the same as Ike’s, however, it comes out much faster than Ike’s does.

Up-air: Roy simply raises the pointed end of his Sword of Seals at 45 degree angle. While this move has very limited range, it is a powerful kill move.

Forward-Smash: Roy will close his eyes (this is him focusing his emotions into the Sword of Seals), and the blade will become on fire. Roy will then do the same flaming sword swipe in which he does a critical in Fire Emblem 6.

Down-Smash: Once again, Roy will close his eyes, and the Sword of Seals will light on fire. Roy charges up the power to the smash attack in the same position as Ike does, however, the attack differs from Ike’s. Instead Roy will spin around in a circle.

Up-Smash: Roy will raise the Sword of Seals at a 70 degree angle, and close his eyes and sword will light a blaze. When done charging, Roy will do a flip with the Sword of Seals on fire.

Roy’s grabs, like the other two Fire Emblem characters, are very weak.
Grabs:

Grab-A: Roy’s will keep hitting his opponent with his knee.

Forward-Grab: Roy will toss forward his opponent.

Backward-Grab: Roy will kick his opponent in back of him.

Down-Grab: Roy will slam his opponent in back of him.

Up-Grab: Roy will toss his opponent up

Roy special moves:

Regular-B: Flare Blade: This is the same move Roy has in Melee. Roy puts the Sword of Seals above his head like in Melee, closes his eyes, only this time the Sword of Seals lights on fire while charging. When fully charged the moves is basically an OHKO, however, this move now does 20% damage to Roy, and is the only move to retain the middle of the sword sweetspot.

Side-B: Holy Fire: Roy charges the Sword Seals next to his shoulder. Once again Roy closes his eyes, and the blades sets on fire. However, when done charging Roy will raise the Sword of Seals up high, and a small, white ball of fire will shoot out from the blade. If this ball of fire hits an opponent it will create a huge explosion. Obviously, the power of the fire ball is dependent on how long Roy charges this attack. This attack is based off of the ability of the Sword of Seals to do a projectile attack.

Down-B: Recover: Roy will hold the Sword of Seals in the same position as he did with Counter in Melee (only Roy now holds the blade with both hands). Several flames encircle Roy while in this position. If Roy is attacked while in this defensive position 75% of the attack power will heal Roy, while the other 1/4 will be used to deal damage to the opponent (meaning that is Roy gets hit with an attack that does 24% damage, Roy will get healed 18% damage, and deal 6% damage to his opponent). Interestingly enough, this move has the same knock back no matter how powerful the attack. The amount of knockback Roy does with this attack is about 1/5 the distance of Final Destination. This special move is based off of the Sword of Seals ability to heal its wielder.

Up-B: Flame Wave: Roy will raise the Sword of Seals up high and close his eyes, while the blade lights on fire. Once done charging, the tip of the blade, will have a blue flame on it. This attack has two parts. When Roy performs the attack in the air, Roy will perform his Blazer recovery move from Melee (however, he now holds the blade with both hands), and at the apex of the attack’s height Roy will come back down (think Ike’s Aether) quickly. However, if you charged the sword on the ground, after Roy comes down, a wave of fire will shoot out of the blade that is very powerful (35% damage) though has little damage. This move is again based off of the Sword of Seals ability to shoot out flames.

Final Smash: Great Balls of Fire: This Final Smash is self-explanatory. Roy will push the Sword of Seals into the ground, then get on one of his knees, and close his eyes. It will look like Roy is praying. Then, fire meteors starts shooting out diagonally from the top-left corner of the screen down toward the arena. This balls of fire don’t have much knockback, but are hard to avoid. The fireball onslaught ends after 20 seconds. Afterward, Roy will pull the Sword of Seals out of the ground and get on with the fight.

Roy’s taunts are as follows:
1. Roy’s will put the Sword of Seals behind his back, and go “Eeeyaah” (this is the same taunt he had in Melee).
2. Roy will put the Sword of Seals into its holder, and say, “For my friends and countrymen, I must not lose.”
3. Roy will thrust the Sword of Seals into the ground, he will close his eyes, and flames will circle around Roy.

Victory animations:
Roy’s victory animations are the same as they were in Melee.

Running animation:
Roy will hold the Sword of Seals with both of hands and will run with Sword of Seals down by his size. Though it is a bit difficult to imagine, this running animation differs greatly from Marth’s and Ike’s.

Idle animation:
Roy will hold the Sword of Seals the same way Ike holds Ragnell in his Counter position. Sometimes, Roy will hold the Sword of Seals up like how Cloud hold his Buster Sword. Other than that, Roy does not do anything else.

Costumes:
1. Roy’s armor and tunic becomes red.
2. Roy’s armor and tunic becomes dark blue.
3. Roy’s armor becomes green and his tunic brown.
4. Roy’s armor becomes gold and his tunic yellow.
5. Roy’s armor becomes black, and his tunic red.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby’s Roy hat is the same as it was in Melee, and even does the same move. Not much else to say here.

Roy-Snake Codec Conversation:
Snake: Colonel, who is this boy with the red hair and the huge sword?
Campbell: That’s Roy. Roy helped lead the Lycian Army to victory against an aggressive war started by Bern, the military superpower of Elibe. The blade he wields is a legendary sword wielded by the founder the founder of Bern called the Sword of Seals.
Snake: Tell me more about this Sword of Seals...
Campbell: The blade gets its power from the emotions of its wielder. If its wielder is merciful toward his enemy, the mercy will be reflected in the blows the blade deals. However, if the wielder feels hate toward his enemy, that same hate will manifest in the blade’s strikes. Not only that, this sword will light ablaze, and has the power to strike from a far and even heal it wielder.
Snake: So this isn’t some kid with an ordinary sword we’re dealing with here..., how do I counter this guy.
Colonel: The Sword of Seals is heavy. Roy needs use of both of his hands in order to properly use it in battle.
Snake: So if I get Roy to hold onto something else while battling, it should compromise his attack power and speed greatly, right.
Campbell: Bingo. However, I think Roy might be aware of this weakness.
Snake:Thanks, colonel.
End of codec.

End of Roy moveset.
Nice and all but....I think it's quite far from realistic...most of Ike and Marth moveset were actually based of their games....and yours is mostly made up.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nice and all but....I think it's quite far from realistic...most of Ike and Marth moveset were actually based of their games....and yours is mostly made up.
You do realize that when these are made they all aren't intended to be judged and deemed playable or not. They're just for fun.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What? The ability of the Sword of Seals to attack from afar and heal was both from FE6. Ike never had Eruption and never had Brawl's Great Aether in PoR and RD.

I have played and beaten every single Fire Emblem. There has actually been very little that Sakurai has borrowed from Marth or Ike's games and incorporated into their movesets. Ike's side-b comes from one of his critical animations and his up-b is of course come from Aether. Meanwhile with Marth, the Dolphin Splash is based off of a critical animation from FE4/FE5, with the rest of his moves just being generic attributes of Fire Emblem moves (countering, continue, etc.)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I agree that movesets should actually be based on what the character has actually displayed, though I must say that Roy doesn't have much to work with in his original source material, since he only has about four attacks, and two of those are just flashier variants of his other two moves. Improvisation is going to happen. The whole meteor business is a bit much though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie.....for fun or not....putting more effort in finding what probable is more fun.
So are you suggesting we all only make Ridley movesets? Because he's most likely? People can make what they want. There is a freaking tetris block moveset.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
What? The ability of the Sword of Seals to attack from afar and heal was both from FE6. Ike never had Eruption and never had Brawl's Great Aether in PoR and RD.

I have played and beaten every single Fire Emblem. There has actually been very little that Sakurai has borrowed from Marth or Ike's games and incorporated into their movesets. Ike's side-b comes from one of his critical animations and his up-b is of course come from Aether. Meanwhile with Marth, the Dolphin Splash is based off of a critical animation from FE4/FE5, with the rest of his moves just being generic attributes of Fire Emblem moves (countering, continue, etc.)
Do you know Eruption is based on Bolganone from PoR (Fire spell) and Great Aether is combination of Aether and his critical as a Hero from RD

watch this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmbuQDuAlY

your moveset in the other hand is mostly made-up....Lyn has better chance in-term for move-set....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom