• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Custom Robo characters were made for fighting and as such, are great characters for SSB4. If we got a similar level of intensity for a Custom Robo stage, that would rock.

@Master Rapier: I heavily doubt we're going to be seeing Balloon Fighter. Sakurai planned him, but he was cut. Unlike with Dixie, I see very little potential for his fighting ability. Not likely a concept Sakurai would revive.
ChronoBound said:
I am curious though about the lack of a new Starfy game. TOSE gets plenty of money making ports of classic RPG games, however, their last Starfy game was released in 2008. This is the longest hiatus ever for the Starfy series. I think one possible explanation is that they might be working on a Wii Starfy game (they have expressed some interest in doing it) and its taking them a little longer than expected to do it. I think a new Starfy game is an inevitability, however, the yellow starry guy does not seem to have much popularity in regards to requests for playable status in Smash Bros.
To be fair, I have seen some support for Starfy for SSB4 and he has had moderate popularity. I for one would love to see him in SSB4 and hope he gets upgraded to playable status.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I agree that movesets should actually be based on what the character has actually displayed, though I must say that Roy doesn't have much to work with in his original source material, since he only has about four attacks, and two of those are just flashier variants of his other two moves. Improvisation is going to happen. The whole meteor business is a bit much though.
Well, I always thought Ike's Final Smash was uncharacteristic for him (Ragnell has no fire attributes to it). My first idea initially was actually to give Ike's current final smash to Roy, and make Ike's Final Smash like the canonical Great Aether from Radiant Dawn.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I agree that movesets should actually be based on what the character has actually displayed, though I must say that Roy doesn't have much to work with in his original source material, since he only has about four attacks, and two of those are just flashier variants of his other two moves. Improvisation is going to happen. The whole meteor business is a bit much though.
See Roy and Marth had similar moveset because they are have the same generic Fire Emblem starting class (Lord) using rapiers as their starting weapon....Ike was among the unique Fire Emblem Lords and offered a different style of swordmanship.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I agree with SSBros Fan, Custom Robo needs to be in, he has my nomination on that other thread, you guys should check it out in user blogs.

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well, I always thought Ike's Final Smash was uncharacteristic for him (Ragnell has no fire attributes to it). My first idea initially was actually to give Ike's current final smash to Roy, and make Ike's Final Smash like the canonical Great Aether from Radiant Dawn.
Eruption is actually is an earth attribute and Ike's affinity is Earth.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
@Starphoenix: Custom Robo characters were made for fighting and as such, are great characters for SSB4. If we got a similar level of intensity for a Custom Robo stage, that would rock.

@Master Rapier: I heavily doubt we're going to be seeing Balloon Fighter. Sakurai planned him, but he was cut. Unlike with Dixie, I see very little potential for his fighting ability. Not likely a concept Sakurai would revive.To be fair, I have seen some support for Starfy for SSB4 and he has had moderate popularity. I for one would love to see him in SSB4 and hope he gets upgraded to playable status.
I was talking about him being an AT. Being playable would be very hard since his style of fighting is very unusual (Though I'm sure it's possible with enough thought). With characters like Issac, Little Mac, Saki, and Stafy being playable there has to be replacements for AT's. I think Balloon Fighter can be very effective flying and kicking people around.

As for Custom Robo. I would like to see a stage but I feel it would be hard to implement. Custom Robo Stages (or at least the Gamecube version) are based on length and width and Smash is based on length and height. If you looked at a custom robo stage at ground level it would look very weird for Smash.

OmegaXXII

The Legendary Starfy has sold 700,000, half a million in America and 200,000 in Japan. No information on Australian sales, thought.

Considering that gaming in America is much bigger then in Japan and it did better then what are considered to be the two worst selling Fire Emblem titles in Japan, can't really say it's too bad.
But you have to consider though, since Sakurai will most likely takes a poll or record sales in Japan into account, you got to ask yourself, will he be looking at sales made in America? At this point I am pretty much doubting the idea, but that does not mean he isn't at least taking a look and considering high sales from America, if anything I hope Sakurai takes a worldwide approach regarding sales and such for considering a character, rather than solely looking at the Japan market, it gives some characters advantages while others a disadvantage due to sakes such as FE: Radiant Dawn.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The Legendary Starfy has sold 700,000, half a million in America and 200,000 in Japan. No information on Australian sales, thought.

Considering that gaming in America is much bigger then in Japan and it did better then what are considered to be the two worst selling Fire Emblem titles in Japan, can't really say it's too bad.
Starfy actually has the sales success to justify his inclusion. The only problem I see though is whether Sakurai himself may be biased against Starfy. He is one of the weakest offensive Assist Trophies (if not, the weakest) and is the only one that can be KO'd.

I personally see Starfy as more likley than Ray or Saki. Sure he may not be cool like them, but he at least he can fill Nintendo's bank account.

OmegaXXII

I personally see Starfy as more likley than Ray or Saki. Sure he may not be cool like them, but he at least he can fill Nintendo's bank account.
How so? Starfy may be popular but if Sakurai isn't willing to put him over Ray Mk, then it probably won't happen.

Personally Ray MK makes more sense as a fighter than Starfy, sure Starfy may have potential but that's something Sakurai would probably have difficultty with, much like Balloon Fighter for example.

The point is that Ray MK makes much more sense as fighter, plus Sakurai has showed interest in him.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Starfy actually has the sales success to justify his inclusion. The only problem I see though is whether Sakurai himself may be biased against Starfy. He is one of the weakest offensive Assist Trophies (if not, the weakest) and is the only one that can be KO'd.

Oh Starfy is definitely likely, he has a rather deep move pool and has a large history. Out of all the new series we have been discussion he seems the most likely. Plus I wouldn't worry about any bias on Sakurai's part. If anything I see him as just playing along with the whole, supposed, rivalry between Kirby and Starfy.

I'd say Saki Amamiya has a good chance solely because of the way Sakurai seemed to enjoy him a great deal. And there was a surprising amount of detail put into him. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist12.html

D

Deleted member

But you have to consider though, since Sakurai will most likely takes a poll or record sales in Japan into account, you got to ask yourself, will he be looking at sales made in America? At this point I am pretty much doubting the idea, but that does not mean he isn't at least taking a look and considering high sales from America, if anything I hope Sakurai takes a worldwide approach regarding sales and such for considering a character, rather than solely looking at the Japan market, it gives some characters advantages while others a disadvantage due to sakes such as FE: Radiant Dawn.

That's why I'm also really hoping he takes a worldwide sales to including characters. It would be absolutely stupid to keep Little Mac and Ridley out just because Punch-Out!! and Metroid aren't exactly best sellers in that country. Most people who buy video games are in America and Europe, not Japan. Looking at sales worldwide will lead to better character choices made, pretty much guarantee Ridley and Little Mac (Providing the former doesn't get stopped for the BS "He's too big" excuse), and increase the chances of Starfy and Isaac/Matthew being playable, not to mention other things.

I think Starfy was made a joke due to Sakurai's lack of knowledge regarding the Starfy series. With us running out of good choices, I can imagine Sakurai doing some serious research to get good newcomers in and to meet fan demands. This will put some characters at an advantage (Starfy/Isaac) and some at a disadvantage (King K. Rool/Saki Amamiya).

I think a bigger threat to Starfy's inclusion (On the Wii-U) is that in the case we don't get universal roster and exclusives for characters are on the 3DS, there's a chance that he'll be relegated to the handheld until you transfer him to the Wii-U version. Other then that, I would say that he has a good chance of appearing in at least in the 3DS version.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh Starfy is definitely likely, he has a rather deep move pool and has a large history. Out of all the new series we have been discussion he seems the most likely. Plus I wouldn't worry about any bias on Sakurai's part. If anything I see him as just playing along with the whole, supposed, rivalry between Kirby and Starfy.

I'd say Saki Amamiya has a good chance solely because of the way Sakurai seemed to enjoy him a great deal. And there was a surprising amount of detail put into him. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist12.html
Sakurai seems to be aware that there are many who want Saki, however, the comment of "I did what I could" makes me think that perhaps he might think he does not deserve to be a playable character necessarily.

However, I think with S&P2 released, things may change. With that said, I personally prefer Saki over Isa.

Also, I say again, does anybody know the name of the site that is the Japanese equivalent to SmashBoards?

Knowing what Japan wants is a good meter to finding out what a good portion of the roster will likely be.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I can easily see Starfy appear, but why is he more likely then Little Mac?

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said:
Sakurai seems to be aware that there are many who want Saki, however, the comment of "I did what I could" makes me think that perhaps he might think he does not deserve to be a playable character necessarily.

However, I think with S&P2 released, things may change. With that said, I personally prefer Saki over Isa.
I think he did that mainly because at the time, Saki Amamiya had no other appearances in games and was very irrelevant. With him becoming an Assist Trophy, he got a lot more exposure and is more recognizable then Isa Jo. Like I've said before, relevancy is a lot more then just the latest game appearance. In this case, despite not appearing in the second game, Saki could technically be considered more relevant then Isa Jo, since people are more familiar with him then his son, was an Assist Trophy, and seems to be highly requested. I can easily see Sakurai putting him in as playable and Isa Jo taking over as Assist Trophy. It's also why I see Isaac as much more likely then Matthew, although this case is more extreme since Isaac has appeared in all three games.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

That is what I gather too. Is Sakurai didn't want to add him due to the series being so unfamiliar. Which may explain much of the lack of other Sin and Punishment content. Now that the series is technically active (for now) I think this will give Sakurai more of a demand for this character. Plus, ever since his inclusion in Brawl, there is now a greater Western demand for Saki to become playable. Out of all of the Assist Trophies I see a demand for Saki is probably number one, edging out Isaac. With those two things coupled together, I would not be surprised to see Saki be one of the first "promoted" AT's.

Watch this: http://youtu.be/LT-GBxHp9Yk

@Starphoenix: I can easily see Starfy appear, but why is he more likely then Little Mac?
I cannot explain it to you more than he has been more relevant in the bigger picture.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey is there any Roy for SSB4 character icon? I am thinking of putting all the characters that I would like to personally see in my signature.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey is there any Roy for SSB4 character icon? I am thinking of putting all the characters that I would like to personally see in my signature.
If you'd like I can create one? Wouldn't be much to do since he has a short name.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'd actually like Roy to become an AT next time around. I can't see him coming back though, his game wasn't popular, Japan only, and he would be a sort of hybrid between Ike (who have fire effects on his attacks) with the body type of Marth... so why bring Roy in?

Zelgius or Lyn makes FAR more sense.

OmegaXXII

I'd actually like Roy to become an AT next time around. I can't see him coming back though, his game wasn't popular, Japan only, and he would be a sort of hybrid between Ike (who have fire effects on his attacks) with the body type of Marth... so why bring Roy in?

Zelgius or Lyn makes FAR more sense.
Do you realize that Roy actually had good sales in Japan? Maybe not in America but I kind of agree with you.

The Black Knight and Caeda would make much better choices IMO, Zelgius definetly fits along with Ike being the protagonist.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Do you realize that Roy actually had good sales in Japan?
FE6 (the one with Roy) was the third-best selling game in the series in Japan. The only two games that sold better were FE4 (second-best) and FE3 (best-selling, the Super Nintendo one with Marth).

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Ooooh, I see what I did, I think I got his game mixed up with Ephraims.

Anyway though, playstyle-wise I can't imagine Roy bringing anything new into the game. Is that justified? I'd be very interested in a new Fire Emblem representative, but I'd be more inclined to welcome the heavy-armor and mystic power of Zelgius/Black Knight or the light precision of Lyn.

OmegaXXII

Personally I love the Black Knight WAY better than Roy, he is very diverse from the "lighter" sword fighters we've seen in Smash.

@Chrono: Hey, I think you should pull out your Roy moveset once more, I'll have to save it for reference.

OmegaXXII

Did you guys hear?They took out spectator mode on ssbb :(
They have??

I never really bothered playing Brawl's online anyway for the two(2) years that I've had it, I've heard alot of horror stories about it.

That's why you should Join Operation:Connect, it focuses on the matter to improve online by successfully delivering and convincing Nintendo/Sakurai/Sora.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
If the Ike fire emblem series gets another game like is rumoured, I could definitely see the Black Knight joining Smash WiiU
Even though he's dead
as it would be the most significant series.

The character's moveset could also take a number of directions. Ideally he could use his sword Alondite, but he could also use magical attacks. As well as his Lance in, say smash attacks or etc.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Personally I love the Black Knight WAY better than Roy, he is very diverse from the "lighter" sword fighters we've seen in Smash.

@Chrono: Hey, I think you should pull out your Roy moveset once more, I'll have to save it for reference.

D

Deleted member

They have??

I never really bothered playing Brawl's online anyway for the two(2) years that I've had it, I've heard alot of horror stories about it.

That's why you should Join Operation:Connect, it focuses on the matter to improve online by successfully delivering and convincing Nintendo/Sakurai/Sora.

This. The game for the most part was fantastic IMO, but no core gamer can denied that Brawl's online was nothing short of a disaster. Huge lag fests, terrible friend code systems, very limited content online, almost everything was totally butchered. To prevent a crapfest like this from happening again, we need to actively ensure that we stop this from happening with SSB4.

OmegaXXII

If the Ike fire emblem series gets another game like is rumoured, I could definitely see the Black Knight joining Smash WiiU
Even though he's dead
as it would be the most significant series.
Who cares if he's....., if Ike were to return in a new FE which I REALLY doubt, then his chances will definetly skyrocket, otherwise we might not see him at all if a totally new FE comes out, sadly but true.

I still want the Black Knight for SSB4, I don't care how low his chances are I fully support him..

Anyway I'm almost done with my In-Depth Black Knight moveset, I will post it soon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Personally, the only Fire Emblem villain that I think would be awesome to play as would be this guy (also, the only villain with any depth or complexity).

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Well,I think its a bad idea to try convince Nintendo/Sakurai to improve thier online method. If they droped the friend code system,don't you think thier new online will MOST LIKELY have mic chat?

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Alvis, eh? Never head of him. To Fire Emblem wiki I go!

Hmm, seems kind of interesting. Definitely would be refreshing to see more of a mage caster in Smash bros. Can't see him making it though, despite a cool premise.

D

Deleted member

Well,I think its a bad idea to try convince Nintendo/Sakurai to improve thier online method. If they droped the friend code system,don't you think thier new online will MOST LIKELY have mic chat?
May I ask why requesting a competent online service is going to hurt? I would also like to know why you even joined the group in the first place if you think it's a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom