• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Hey Iblis,are you trying to copy me?The whole dbz/funny pictures and all.(I know you always posted pics,but not memes)Now I consider you below me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Oddly enough, its name is Jaws. Its a completely original name for a shark, and quite frankly, I'm surprised no one has ever called a shark by that name, considering how well it fits sharks in general.
What game did he make an appearance?it's odd that hasn't even been shown as a trophy in Smash, is he that underrated?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's a common enemy in the water world of Super Mario Land 2: the Six Golden Coins. The first video game my parents ever bought me... ah, memories.
See, there's a great sense of nostalgia with that boxing glove shark.

Anyways, Iblis, lay off the pictures. This isn't 4chan, y'know. Plus, I'm not trying to get people mad...I mean even if they think its a dumb suggestion, it shouldn't get them mad. :embarrass:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hey Iblis,are you trying to copy me?The whole dbz/funny pictures and all.(I know you always posted pics,but not memes)Now I consider you below me.
..and that goes for you as well, if you want to troll, go to 4chan, this is for discussing Smash 4 speculation, not trolls!!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Has anyone thought of an assist trophy that heals its summoner? I've noticed that ATs do a lot of things--attack people, give items, block the screen, slow things down or talk up a storm, but none of them ever healed before. What if there was an AT that healed--not outright like a tomato or heart, but in a consecutive way?

Say for example this AT healed by 50%, but the catch was that it healed in doses, so while its healing you, you have to avoid attacks for 25 seconds if you want the healing to have its full effect. The healing could come in small doses over a period of seconds. The amount of seconds it takes (I'm not sure what would be a good healing percentage, so once again I'll use 50 as an example) would depend on how much you can be healed.

I didn't go into detail with this post, so hopefully the idea is clear enough. Opinions?

Has anyone thought of an assist trophy that heals its summoner? I've noticed that ATs do a lot of things--attack people, give items, block the screen, slow things down or talk up a storm, but none of them ever healed before. What if there was an AT that healed--not outright like a tomato or heart, but in a consecutive way?

Say for example this AT healed by 50%, but the catch was that it healed in doses, so while its healing you, you have to avoid attacks for 25 seconds if you want the healing to have its full effect. The healing could come in small doses over a period of seconds. The amount of seconds it takes (I'm not sure what would be a good healing percentage, so once again I'll use 50 as an example) would depend on how much you can be healed.

I didn't go into detail with this post, so hopefully the idea is clear enough. Opinions?
If white mage can't be a character, I guess she could be an AT that heals.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wut DBZ pics have I posted besides the DBZ Fox? That I've had since last year? LOL don't make yourself feel good.

..and that goes for you as well, if you want to troll, go to 4chan, this is for discussing Smash 4 speculation, not trolls!!
I wasn't trolling I found pics that described what I felt atm.

Chill Iblis. They never said it's a good suggestion. Only Chris said it's a good suggestion.
Dog, I'm not even mad. I just felt like posting pics.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If white mage can't be a character, I guess she could be an AT that heals.
That's a pretty good idea. Right now, I can't think of a character that heals but I'm not putting too much thought into who could do it. I'm not sure of the white mage's chances, but I think its still a good idea.

Does anyone know of characters who are known to heal?

Dog, I'm not even mad. I just felt like posting pics.
Oh... My bad.

The pics were funny anyway :awesome:

@Ike: White mage appeared in sports mix and Hoops 3 on 3

@birthnote: The only one who I know is Dr. Mario.

Cooking mama lol

D

Deleted member

That's a pretty good idea. Right now, I can't think of a character that heals but I'm not putting too much thought into who could do it. I'm not sure of the white mage's chances, but I think its still a good idea.

Like berserker said, Dr. Mario could be an Assist Trophy that heals players.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Anyways, Iblis, lay off the pictures. This isn't 4chan, y'know. Plus, I'm not trying to get people mad...I mean even if they think its a dumb suggestion, it shouldn't get them mad. :embarrass:

I go to watch the rest of "The Hangover" and mad people are replying to my pics LOL. I'm not mad yo, but you seem a little upset about the pics.

On topic: What can we do to rally support for the online group?

D

Deleted member

xIblisx said:
On topic: What can we do to rally support for the online group?
Someone can post a user blog to this online group. I'd do it, but I suck at convincing people, as they'll pretty much try to tear apart everything in your blog if they don't like what they see.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
S.S.H. is awesome at this rearranging/remixing thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEh4b71h3s4&feature=related

He should definitely be one of the many composers for this new Smash game, imo. He did a jammin' cover of Dr. Wily's stage from Megaman 2.

Motoi Sakuraba needs to come back, too. He definitely had some of the most memorable tracks in Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Posted this in Fatman's thread. I'll just repost it here for discussion:

Here are the 5 things I personally feel we need to see [for SSB4's wifi architecture):

1: The ability to vote upon whether we want to use stock or time. I understand the reason they went with time was to keep the systems from getting backed up and keep the matches short so people could save replays. But time is not always fun when you are wanting to have a serious match. The solution would be to have an overall time limit on stock matches. Have 4-stock matches for intervals of 5 minutes max. So that way it is more fun for those of us who want it.

2: Include modes for 1v1 and 3 groups. In 1v1 obviously you would connect as soon as an opponent is chosen. But in 3 group and 4 group it would still count down to the match if the max amount of characters are not present.

3: The ability to track our wifi performance under our names. Doesn't mean we have to have leaderboards, but the ability to see our win-loss performance for ourselves would be nice. If they even wanted to go the Tatsunoko Vs. Capcoom route they can have icons for what style of fighting we tend to lean towards. Defensive, offensive, hit and run, projectile spamming; something to that effect.

4: A special team mode called 2 on 2. This will give you and another person connected to your console the ability to team up against another set of two people. You would still cycle partners, but it gives another person at home the ability to play wifi with you. Which will mix local multiplayer and wifi, making it slightly more enjoyable for more than one.

5: Lastly, let us choose whether we want to face opponents globally or country wide (locally). So instead of facing opponents all over the world, you can simply play someone within your own country. Mario Kart Wii allows you this option and it would be a great way to tackle some of the lag that has plagued Brawl so badly.

If people weren't so anti-Dragon Quest I'd say Heal Slime. It has "heal" in it's name...

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
If people weren't so anti-Dragon Quest I'd say Heal Slime. It has "heal" in it's name...
So, who is Heal Slime and how is he different from a regular Slime? You have my attention.

I'll discuss online stuff with you tomorrow. I need to go to sleep.

Just thought of something...

If Gray Fox and Shadow were assist trophies, do we expect another Mega Man character to be an AT?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually I take back my Heal Slime suggestion for a very particular reason... You'll all see why very soon... >_>

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Huh? Why?

Wow. This thread is starting to get inactive each day.
As I said, you will all see very soon. Once I'm done with my project.

Hey I posted my suggestions for improving the online experience in the next Smash Bros. Nobody commented on them.

Also, Fatman. I'm working on your sig now. Give me some time as it requires a lot of frames for the animation. But I'm trying to go with a more conservative/sleek route. It will give it more of a professional feel.

I read it. Good suggestions.

I'm going back to my movesets. Working on Hayabusa and maybe some modifications on Toad

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just read a thread on GameFAQs that got me thinking, does there exist a Japanese equivalent to SmashBoards?

It would be very interesting to see what the Japanese Smash fans want as newcomers I think considering Sakurai can at least read what they are saying.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey Fatman, will this work for you?

I just read a thread on GameFAQs that got me thinking, does there exist a Japanese equivalent to SmashBoards?

It would be very interesting to see what the Japanese Smash fans want as newcomers I think considering Sakurai can at least read what they are saying.
This isn't actually the first time I've heard this question come up. To my knowledge there is a somewhat popular message board for Smash discussion, but it isn't nearly as large as Smashboards. Don't ask me what it was called, all I remember is someone mentioning there was something like it.

I put that in my sig. Post it in the group.

Like what Star said, it's not as huge. Where's the Ganondorf moveset by the way?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This isn't actually the first time I've heard this question come up. To my knowledge there is a somewhat popular message board for Smash discussion, but it isn't nearly as large as Smashboards. Don't ask me what it was called, all I remember is someone mentioning there was something like it.
I would really, really like it if someone remembered the name to that site. Hopefully, they also have a Smash 4 thread there.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would really, really like it if someone remembered the name to that site. Hopefully, they also have a Smash 4 thread there.
I don't know if they are archived anywhere, but I believe I recall hearing that come up on an old episode of "Show Me Your News"? I can do some research and find out.

Also, Fatman. Also made you a sig, as a bonus. It'll retain that sleek design I was going for.

It is difficult searching because I don't know Japanese and every site I click I'm afraid of catching a virus or being exposed to some crazy hentai. So basically my searching is fruitless as of now.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't know if they are archived anywhere, but I believe I recall hearing that come up on an old episode of "Show Me Your News"? I can do some research and find out.

It is difficult searching because I don't know Japanese and every site I click I'm afraid of catching a virus or being exposed to some crazy hentai. So basically my searching is fruitless as of now.
That would be much appreciated. I look forward to it. However, hopefully someone else here already knows it off the top of their head.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So, who is Heal Slime and how is he different from a regular Slime? You have my attention.
Wow, people really don't know **** about DQ in this (or any Smash 4 speculation) thread. Puts all this "slime isn't important enough" talk into a new perspective :rolleyes: lol

As the name implies, Heal Slimes specialize on healing and other defensive spells.

Altho if Slime gets in, I'd like to see an FF rep, like Moogle (who could basically do the same thing) for an AT so we see both Square and Enix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom