• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about the neatness. I'm talking about how it should look. Personally, Kirby should have a black face with glowing yellow eyes so it could remind you of Black mage even more :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not talking about the neatness. I'm talking about how it should look. Personally, Kirby should have a black face with glowing yellow eyes so it could remind you of Black mage even more :)
From what I can tell, not all Black Mages have that feature. One example is Croma from Chocobo's Dungeon.

TBone06

Smash Ace
That's perfect. If Black Mage were to make it in, that's exactly what I can see it being.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Right now the best thing to do is spread the word about it and find more people who want SSB4 to provide a better online experience than Brawl. Considering Brawl's online, I don't think that will be that hard to do.

D

Deleted member

Oasis_S said:
So the Masked Man can get in. >8OOO
And what exactly is the big deal with the Masked Man?
Starphoenix said:
Well I went ahead and downloaded the original Sin and Punishment. On Star Successor I've made it to the fourth level. This game is no joke! I have easily died like 10 times already! There is no way I'm doing hard mode, that would probably approach Ikaruga levels of insanity. In a sadistic, masochist way I enjoy the brutality of this game. It is so nice to actually have to worry about whether I am going to survive this level or not. A lot of games I can coast through, but this one is punishing. So the series title is very befitting.

Also love love LOVE the music to this game! It is like a mixture or jazz fusion, techno, and rock.
I really need to play that game again. Have it on my Wii and based off what I've played, it's great.
Reyairia said:
I'm not, an exception is an exception. Non-recurring character and protagonist games like Mother, FE and Pokemon are that to my theory. It doesn't bother me, it makes a lot more sense to focus on the different protagonists to overall represent the series better, than to just pick one game and only use characters from that one game.
Some people count Mewtwo as a villain. I would say that it would make sense to assume that Mewtwo could be a villain of the Pokemon series, although that's just my opinion.

Personally, I think we should wait and see if Fire Emblem/Mother get a third slot. If that happens and if one or both turns out to have another protagonists, I'll make an exception for this one. But for now, not so much.
Fatmanonice said:
The group is now up.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=2584

Any and all suggestions are welcome at this time.
Joined group. Can't wait to see how far this actually goes.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
SSBF I thought someone like you would like to read this.

Update Commentary
- Meta-Knight breaks $20000.
- Meta-Knight breaks $21000.
- Now Diddy has done pretty poorly for this week, like Snake has done for the past 2 weeks.
- Mr. Game and Watch regains viability!
- Ganondorf won a Meta-Knight banned tourney!

And of course, here are the monthly charts...

Character Success - Cumulative:

Character Success - Non-cumulative:

User Success - Cumulative:

User Success - Non cumulative:

Average Success - Cumulative:

Average Success - Non cumulative:

And now for some extra data!

(Please take note that Ally's usage of ICs at Pound 5 is not included in the below data)

With this update, I finally found out why the Ice Climbers have been doing unnaturally well when data is combined together. There are two factors:
- Ally's performance with Ice Climbers in tournaments outside of Pound 5, winning over a thousand dollars for the character where no other player has.
- Almost no one else uses Ice Climbers, making the winnings made by Ally and a few other users seem enormous by comparison.

If only one of the two factors was present, I'd be more inclined to believe the attained data was natural, but for now, go ahead and disregard ICs in the last 3 graphs, until they see a bit more usage, because right now, they're being big, fat outliers.

Please remember to Right Click and hit "View Image" on any image that isn't displayed large enough to be seen properly.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
And what exactly is the big deal with the Masked Man?I really need to play that game again. Have it on my Wii and based off what I've played, it's great.Some people count Mewtwo as a villain. I would say that it would make sense to assume that Mewtwo could be a villain of the Pokemon series, although that's just my opinion.

Personally, I think we should wait and see if Fire Emblem/Mother get a third slot. If that happens and if one or both turns out to have another protagonists, I'll make an exception for this one. But for now, not so much.Joined group. Can't wait to see how far this actually goes.
I agree with you bro :troll:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'd ask for sig thingys for my dream characters, but no one is gonna support my suggestions of Raichu, Dry Bowser, Andross Cube, Ganon (Captain Falcon clone), Funky Kong, Fusion Dragon, Bio Rex, and Yarn Meta Knight. :(

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well to start off his Utilt is **** LOL, make Ftilt and Dtilt actually useful in SSB4. That Dtilt I did in my video was a misbuffer on my Dsmash. Ftilt is okay in Brawl I guess, it just moves to slow for a move with its range, it should have been more like Falco's, same for Dtilt. Dtilt is the move everyone should stay away from using in Brawl, I'd like to see that change.

Change the voice acting on the Fsmash, it's sound like a crackbaby right now. "HAW". Also make Fox heavier it makes no sense to be the 2nd fastest faller in the game but to be like 5th lightest. Last thing is to fix his horizontal momentum in his jumps. I'm not saying make his horizontal control better but, at least when I run I should carry that speed into my jump like in Melee.
Well, I have to agree with the Ftilt concept it's pretty good in Brawl, but Sora could do better. As far as Dtilt goes it was horrible, me playing with Bowser doesn't help the situation at all.

And I agree with the jumping mechanism, it should be better implemented when you are running and then carry it when you jump IMO that would make me want to play it so much more, also balance everyone a bit better, Snake was overbuffed, Ganon was horribly slowed and Samus was pretty much nerfed, it's a shame since she was pretty good in Melee.

Well back to SSB4, I'd like to see some technical skill be implemented this time around, luckily Sora is backing up Sakurai this time around.

*sigh*

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Some people count Mewtwo as a villain. I would say that it would make sense to assume that Mewtwo could be a villain of the Pokemon series, although that's just my opinion.
Yeah, but with Pokemon it doesn't work that way so easily.
But it could come back in Smash4 if Zoroark comes to replace Lucario, it could be counted as a villain.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Right now the best thing to do is spread the word about it and find more people who want SSB4 to provide a better online experience than Brawl. Considering Brawl's online, I don't think that will be that hard to do.
I would join, but I've never played Brawl online (or any game online for that matter), so I doubt I would be of much help.

BTW, I like the way this guy included the Poltergust in Luigi's moveset in a less predictable, more interesting way that would replace some of the last few attacks Luigi and Mario share in common.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQHxIxvN60A&feature=related

Does anyone think Luigi needs to include the Poltergust in his moveset in some form in SSB4?

Chris the Ripper

I'd ask for sig thingys for my dream characters, but no one is gonna support my suggestions of Raichu, Dry Bowser, Andross Cube, Ganon (Captain Falcon clone), Funky Kong, Fusion Dragon, Bio Rex, and Yarn Meta Knight. :(
http://********/images/empathetic-shark/i-know-that-feel-bro-i-know-that-feel-thumb.jpg

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well, I have to agree with the Ftilt concept it's pretty good in Brawl, but Sora could do better. As far as Dtilt goes it was horrible, me playing with Bowser doesn't help the situation at all.

And I agree with the jumping mechanism, it should be better implemented when you are running and then carry it when you jump IMO that would make me want to play it so much more, also balance everyone a bit better, Snake was overbuffed, Ganon was horribly slowed and Samus was pretty much nerfed, it's a shame since she was pretty good in Melee.

Well back to SSB4, I'd like to see some technical skill be implemented this time around, luckily Sora is backing up Sakurai this time around.

*sigh*
Tech skill makes a game mad fun.

Also Snake was buffed due to stupidity. Snake was originally meant to be bigger than he is now, but was shrunk but due to time they didn't fix the hitboxes but were somehow able to fix the hurtbox for Snake....something doesn't sound right.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You should just ask for a signature like mine, he makes really good ones.

I won't tell you that. I'll tell you he is the worst new Mario rep.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That Shark can get in line. Plum is where it's at.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh, that reminds me, I want that shark with the boxing gloves from Super Mario Land 2.

Just look at that guy, and say he wouldn't the best new Mario rep out there. Well you can't, unless you like to lie to me, and to yourself.
I won't tell you that. I'll tell you he is the worst new Mario rep.
Oddly enough, its name is Jaws. Its a completely original name for a shark, and quite frankly, I'm surprised no one has ever called a shark by that name, considering how well it fits sharks in general.

Chris the Ripper

Oh, that reminds me, I want that shark with the boxing gloves from Super Mario Land 2.

Just look at that guy, and say he wouldn't the best new Mario rep out there. Well you can't, unless you like to lie to me, and to yourself.
Actually,I think that idea is not bad.Not bad guy,not bad at all.

Obama Approves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom