• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
To add on to my last post, MK has won 50% of the tourney money and only 27% of the community uses MK. That's not even a third. That should speak for how strong MK is in Brawl.
That's sick.

Noooooooo Diddy is not OP LOL, the best player in my state, one of my training partners, is a Diddy main and there is another Diddy main ranked 3rd in my state, I don't feel out of options or shut down by playing against him.

Learn to deal with bananas and see what type of player the diddy is. Use them against him or throw them away.
Diddy's manageable with Snake but he's still a pain.

I know MK is broken as hell. I hate it that he actually has a decent potential on ground and **** potential in air.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Diddy is manageable with quite a few characters. I know there is a skill gap between me and the best player in state but when we practice, I do fine considering said skill gap. So I think Diddy vs. Fox is even. (inb4flamesifothersfromthebrawlsubfromcomeandseethatstatement) I hear Luigi and Jiggly LOL do well against Diddy as well. Also Diddy can't go solo anymore in tournies, see how @DHD now needs a secondary because Diddy is not cutting it for him all the way now.

EDIT: Anti-namesearch bait LOL

Jiggly LOL do well against Diddy as well. Also Diddy can't go solo anymore in tournies, see how ADHD now needs a secondary because Diddy is not cutting it for him all the way now.
Jigglypuffs stays in the air for a long time. Diddy's ground game is rendered less useful but not useless. Plus Jigglypuff has great air games compared to Diddy. That doesn't make it Jiggly's advantage though but I'd place it in 50:50
No I doubt that others don't believe you, that information introduced in numbers is unfathomably disgruntling.

@Star: Off topic- Didn't you enter into the S&P series recently? How is fairing for you?

SSBFan's analysis owns like a white...nvm.
Trust me. It's true and it's like that in smash competitive.

Does anyone understand what me and iblis are talking about?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You know, it's terrible... I've been a member here for almost 5 years and I don't know how to do that. :laugh:
Just go to your User CP, click on the Social Group link on the left and then you'll see an option that says "create a new room". I hope you do so!! :)

@xiblisx: please don't double,triple post!! Edit button!!:/

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I didn't double or Triple post what are you talking about? LOL

Beserk, but having an even MU with a character like Jiggly definitely shows Diddy isn't OP, noooo where near MK. I'm scared to see MK's money winnings when he comes within a 3rd of the community's use. LOL, I don't think anyone does.

I didn't double or Triple post what are you talking about? LOL

Beserk, but having an even MU with a character like Jiggly definitely shows Diddy isn't OP, noooo where near MK. I'm scared to see MK's money winnings when he comes within a 3rd of the community's use.
It's just my opinion though that Diddy's OP. Lol. I guess he's not as OP as I think. Snake has some difficulties against Low -tiers. I remember at around 2008 - 09, the MU between Snake and Link is only 55:54.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: Off topic- Didn't you enter into the S&P series recently? How is fairing for you?
Well I went ahead and downloaded the original Sin and Punishment. On Star Successor I've made it to the fourth level. This game is no joke! I have easily died like 10 times already! There is no way I'm doing hard mode, that would probably approach Ikaruga levels of insanity. In a sadistic, masochist way I enjoy the brutality of this game. It is so nice to actually have to worry about whether I am going to survive this level or not. A lot of games I can coast through, but this one is punishing. So the series title is very befitting.

Also love love LOVE the music to this game! It is like a mixture or jazz fusion, techno, and rock.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LiM8d, you can't be talking about me XD. I do fine against MK, ever since me and TKD went to study the Match-up and practice specific things it's arguably even. I know that MU like the back of my hand. Unfortunately in other characters' cases it doesn't work that way.

Also unlike that Pokemon thing I don't have to know my character's attack speed and all that other ish LOL. It's a lot easier to remember Smash stuff.

Snake isn't hard, he gets ***** in the air. Maybe I'm biased because I can kill him at 110% and against others he lives to like 2r893384738430173894738473897XLR percent. Check me out against my state's fifth best player.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
What makes Fire Emblem so different just because it lacks recurring characters? You're basically defeating your own point in "Villains always get in third".
I'm not, an exception is an exception. Non-recurring character and protagonist games like Mother, FE and Pokemon are that to my theory. It doesn't bother me, it makes a lot more sense to focus on the different protagonists to overall represent the series better, than to just pick one game and only use characters from that one game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well I went ahead and downloaded the original Sin and Punishment. On Star Successor I've made it to the fourth level. This game is no joke! I have easily died like 10 times already! There is no way I'm doing hard mode, that would probably approach Ikaruga levels of insanity. In a sadistic, masochist way I enjoy the brutality of this game. It is so nice to actually have to worry about whether I am going to survive this level or not. A lot of games I can coast through, but this one is punishing. So the series title is very befitting.

Also love love LOVE the music to this game! It is like a mixture or jazz fusion, techno, and rock.
How are you doing with the controls?

I know I struggled a little at first.. And everytime I go back to the game, I NEVER remember which scheme I use...

... But I guess the most comfortable scheme so far, to me, is Method 3, with Invert Axis.

You call sin and punishment hard? Try ghost n goblins and ninja gaiden on master ninja.

I'm actually fine against MKs. My win ratio with the pro MKs is like 45:55 MKs (41:59). Still one of the most annoying to fight against. I'm not much of a nation wide player but I play in tourneys.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah I play in tournies lol, not nationwide I'm only 15. I'll be going to tournies out of state soon with BigLou though. Also when I grad. HS, I'm going to Japan so I'll be active there too.

Check the video about Snake.

LiM8d, you can't be talking about me XD. I do fine against MK, ever since me and TKD went to study the Match-up and practice specific things it's arguably even. I know that MU like the back of my hand. Unfortunately in other characters' cases it doesn't work that way.

Also unlike that Pokemon thing I don't have to know my character's attack speed and all that other ish LOL. It's a lot easier to remember Smash stuff.

Snake isn't hard, he gets ***** in the air. Maybe I'm biased because I can kill him at 110% and against others he lives to like 2r893384738430173894738473897XLR percent. Check me out against my state's fifth best player.
What was the Snake thinking at 1:21? Couldn't he just have u-tilted you (Yes, he could have done that). However, your Fox is raape

OmegaXXII

Yeah I play in tournies lol, not nationwide I'm only 15. I'll be going to tournies out of state soon with BigLou though. Also when I grad. HS, I'm going to Japan so I'll be active there too.

Check the video about Snake.
Interesting, so Snake is your main, I bet you want him in SSB4 now huh?

Also Link to video please!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Last tourney I went to, I was paired up with a friend of mine who's a beast with MK.

Luckily they separated us and gave us new opponents each. I managed to get 3rd place.

.... but if I had gone through with my first battle being MK, I'd have lost... In fact.. I challenged him over and over again, and I could never beat that blasted MK. A friend of mine who mains Bowser has been able to beat him, though.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What was the Snake thinking at 1:21? Couldn't he just have u-tilted you (Yes, he could have done that). However, your Fox is raape
Yeah he could have, but at the time he probably thought I had the option covered. That's why I DJ and AD'd. Thanks haha, I'm still not that great though.

There is the link.

Interesting, so Snake is your main, I bet you want him in SSB4 now huh?

Also Link to video please!!
No my main is Fox LOL, I said I mained him in all 3 games and soon to be 4.

@LiM8d, I just practice when I can, Soccer/School/Drumline/Working out/Girls :awesome: does make it hard though. Especially the latter. Texting or calling me when I'm in the middle of something, ALWAYS LOL

OmegaXXII

Okay..so I've never really played Fox with Brawl's mechanics, how do his tilts work?

What differences would you like to see in SSB4 concerning his reaction speed, balance, reflectors etc....?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How are you doing with the controls?

I know I struggled a little at first.. And everytime I go back to the game, I NEVER remember which scheme I use...

... But I guess the most comfortable scheme so far, to me, is Method 3, with Invert Axis.
The controls are relatively fine, I'm using Wiimote+Nunchuck. Only issue are those times where my character has an 180 degree "window", firing at those in the back are difficult at times.

You call sin and punishment hard? Try ghost n goblins and ninja gaiden on master ninja.
Don't berate me, I've played those games too. :'(

But for a Nintendo title this is one of the hardest I've ever played.

Check the Fox boards.

Back to SSB 4 topics. Oh look who we have here, it's aether from the old forum

@Star: I quit when I found out I had to finish the game again

@nLiM6d: Lol :awesome:

@nLiM6d#2: Lolwut?

About Fox, I actually use Fox (As a third main). I know less about him. I remember shining this guy to death. I don't have a video of it but that was epic.

OmegaXXII

I want to play a Custom Robo game so bad, it's ridiculous that Ray isn't at least playable in Brawl. I need some more songs and another stage conception.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay..so I've never really played Fox with Brawl's mechanics, how do his tilts work?

What differences would you like to see in SSB4 concerning his reaction speed, balance, reflectors etc....?
Well to start off his Utilt is **** LOL, make Ftilt and Dtilt actually useful in SSB4. That Dtilt I did in my video was a misbuffer on my Dsmash. Ftilt is okay in Brawl I guess, it just moves to slow for a move with its range, it should have been more like Falco's, same for Dtilt. Dtilt is the move everyone should stay away from using in Brawl, I'd like to see that change.

Change the voice acting on the Fsmash, it's sound like a crackbaby right now. "HAW". Also make Fox heavier it makes no sense to be the 2nd fastest faller in the game but to be like 5th lightest. Last thing is to fix his horizontal momentum in his jumps. I'm not saying make his horizontal control better but, at least when I run I should carry that speed into my jump like in Melee.

I don't want to make Fox OP so I'll stop at that.

That was a good match. Freakin' U-smash.
Usmash is broken :awesome: Comes out on frame 8

@Omega: I don't think that's a normal Brawl match that he's playing.
It was a normal game, just with my texture and music hacks.

Check the Fox boards.
This, and there are some other things I can help you with, even though I'm not the best Fox, I'm one of the most knowledgeable since I had to learn a lot of things on my own.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here are some lousy looking images that I did up, which depict some hats that Kirby would get, based on who he swallows.

White Mage

Black Mage

Again the images are poor, but they do give you an idea on what the hats might look like.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Definitely going to make a Sin and Punishment stage concept, as soon as I finish both games. ;)

In fact I'm going to go play some more now. Later.

Joined.

Why don't you make Kirby have a black face and yellow eyes for the blackmage hat?

--> Toad hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom