• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
That seems slightly counter productive. I don't see how it would work with smash, considering your goal is to knock your opponent out of "orbit" harhar.
Hit them hard enough and you will be able to do just that. ;) Seems like a cool idea if you ask me. Also the Hyrule stage was kind of counter productive because the underground part made it harder to knock the character off stage but it actually made it more fun by letting you take higher damage.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Your entire post comes off to me like you think I want pacman in smash. More so because of this: unless I'm taking things out of context here. I think including a character BECAUSE the public wants it is fan service (e.g., Sonic). But there's that thing of relevance. Why is relevance so important? Is it because Sakurai wants it to be that way or is it what the public wants. So if Mewtwo is a couple of gens old, why would he be removed from Smash? "Google Battle says Lucario is more popular than Mewtwo." I think Mewtwo should stay because he was in Melee and not because I think he's popular.

My whole argument isn't about which characters should be added in, it's why people think they should remove a character to add a character. It's fine if people like to speculate which character is more popular (where both characters haven't been in Smash before) but when you start comparing a character with a character that is already a Smash veteran? It seems wrong. For example, people talking about Ice Climbers not being relevant anymore.

Actually, I think my argument shifted from being both about adding new characters and removing, to just removing.

TL;DR I think newcomers can coexist with smash veterans without removing any of the old characters regardless of how relevant they are
Tbh I skimmed over this because, well I was really lazy this time around and looked like a wall of text but I will address what I did see.

1) I was saying Pac-man isn't making it.
2) Newcomers are welcome but time for developing is limited and more time should be focusing on gameplay
3) It has to be a mix of Sakurai and the fans tbh, just re-read what I said.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hit them hard enough and you will be able to do just that. ;) Seems like a cool idea if you ask me.
It COULD work, but I guess the mechanics of it are just really above my sleeply little head.

Yes, Black Mage, Sora, and Geno are the three SE characters I'm rooting for :p

refugee

Smash Journeyman
It COULD work, but I guess the mechanics of it are just really above my sleeply little head.

Yes, Black Mage, Sora, and Geno are the three SE characters I'm rooting for :p
I'm actually picturing this but Galaxy themed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjAHyEYK-AM

Why was Peach's Castle removed?
Because they couldn't add every single stage in the SSB series in Brawl. Maybe they'll eventually be able to do that if SSB4 has DLC.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Considering we'll have plenty of "standard" stages, to have one crazy Mario Galaxy stage would be fine.

They could call it the Smash Meteor (instead of meteor smash lololol) and have it fly around to different galaxies for a change of scenery.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Alright, I think I'll post a roster. I may say some things other people have already said, but whatever. Looking around, I see alot of crazy ideas, and probably will post some of my own, but I'll try my best to back 'em up with reason.

Let's do this.

Mario Franchise

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. - Reasoning here: Bowser Jr. has consistently been a part of the main Mario franchises since his appearance in Sunshine.

He'd be a light character who could have an arsenal of but not limited to: A paintbrush, bombs, a Clown Car (possible up B?) He COULD also have a transformation, but I don't see there being a huge point to that.

As for the rest of the main Mario franchise characters.. I don't think they need an explanation. Without them, all of them, it's not a real Nintendo game, and it's foolish to think any of the four wouldn't be included.

Paper Mario Franchise

Paper Mario

In a game promising to be massive, why wouldn't such a popular and beloved series for over a decade get the main character as a rep, especially considering the new game and possible other new game on the horizon? That plus movesets to hell. Hammers, items, spring jumps dashing, airplanes, and partner ATs. Lots of fancy possibilities.

Donkey Kong Franchise

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Doesn't make sense to cut either of them, nor is there reason to. Both are original characters, one is a 3 game veteran AND a Nintendo icon.

King K. Rool : This is a toughie. K. Rool wasn't in DKCR, but he did appear in spinoff games for the Wii and the peg swingers, most recently he was in Superstar Sluggers (It's..something) However I'm starting to think it doesn't matter, since he's the best choice if they look for a new DK rep, since none of the Tikis stand out, have history, or anything else, and the only Kong besides DK and Diddy present in DKCR was Cranky.

However, I don't think any other characters have even a chance. Maybe Dixie, but probably only if Sakurai wanted to go ahead with that Diddy/Dixie tag team he apparently planned for Brawl.

Wario Franchise

Wario

I don't think this needs to change, but depending on the size of the roster, it could. I've got no suggestions though, not very partial to any of them.

Yoshi Franchise

Yoshi (Yoshi has no chance of being cut. It's Yoshi)
Kamek (I'm putting Kamek here because, well, I like the idea. Not so sure he's not the best chances, but ya never know)

Metroid Franchise

Samus/Zero Suit
Ridley

The thing about Ridley, is it all depends on if they want him to be a boss again. If bosses don't matter, or don't prevent a character from being playable, then he's a shoe-in. About time I think. Size certainly doesn't matter, they can easily make him walk on his hind legs and resize him. I don't even understand how that's EVER a valid argument.

Legend of Zelda Franchise

Tough one here.

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon/Mask/Young Link
Tingle

These don't need to change, and the series wouldn't be adequately repped without all three pieces of the Triforce. And I suspect ALL of them will be updated to their Skyward Sword models. (Even if it doesn't seem like one or two of them are IN Skyward Sword, also remember Sheik wasn't in TP)

The hard part here is..well, the one or two others. Zelda deserves at least as many reps as Pokemon. Which will probably have 5 or 6.

However, the number of good choices, considering what it usually takes to be in Smash, is pretty slim. They could keep Toon Link, and probably will, give him a new moveset or not. Or they could fulfill my dream and add Mask Link. VERY unlikely.

Tingle.

In all likelyhood, Tingle is probably the most likely choice for a new Zelda Brawl candidate. I know he's not popular with Americans, myself included, but the rest of the world likes him. And even then, it's not their decision fully. He was an AT in Brawl. He might make the jump in SmashU.

So with Zelda, it'll probably be.. The Big Three, Tingle, and whatever other incarnation of Link they choose. Unless they decide to add Vaati too. Or the new villain.

SO LONG ALREADY. JEEZ. DO YOU EVER SHUT UP, ME?

'Fraid not.

Kid Icarus Franchise

Pit
Medusa

I don't know, you'd think Pit is fine by himself, but since Uprising is Sakurai's new brainchild, I feel like it's going to get more love in his next.

And I feel like, to push that, he's going to add another Kid Icarus rep. I'm saying Medusa, but it could be her, Palutena, Eggplant Wizard, or even that guy I don't know the name of who was in the E3 '11 trailer.

Either way, I expect more than Pit. And it's ridiculous to think Pit has any chance of not being in. Although I don't think anyone thinks that...

Kirby Franchise

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

I don't think Kirby needs anymore reps, if you wanted, maybe Knuckle Joe. And there's no real chance of any of these three being cut out, because again, Sakurai's making the game. Plus, I don't see why you would. They're all very unique. You don't cut characters just to cut them, no matter who they are.

Pokemon Franchise

This one's tough too...

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Zoroark

I fully see Zoroark making it as the 5th gen rep, no question. I also don't see Lucario being cut, nor anyone else. Why? Because all the other reps are 1st gen. They COULD mix around PT's pokemon, but they won't. They MIGHT add another Pokemon trainer, like a semi-clone, but they probably won't.

With that, there's now (technically 5) gen 1 Pokemon reps playable. That means that if they replaced Lucario with Mewtwo for some stupid reason, there would be 6. I love Mewtwo, but 6 is too many reps for one gen.

Gen 4 was one of their most popular, and Lucario is STILL a very popular Pokemon. He has an original moveset, and isn't Gen 1. There's no reason for him to go. Plus, again, it's a powerful system with lots of room. They'll be adding alot more characters than they'll cut, if any.

Star Fox Franchise

Fox
Falco
Wolf

This is it for me, I don't see this changing. It's unfortunate, but Starfox doesn't have that many viable characters that would be unique in any way. I honestly think these three is the best it's going to get.

F-Zero Franchise

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Honestly, I'm thinking if they're going to do anything else with F-Zero, it would be bumping Goroh from AT to playable. He was one of the few with a Brawlified model, and could have a unique moveset. F-Zero's fairly dead right now, but that doesn't mean they don't have characters to pull. Falcon's going nowhere, though.

Fire Emblem

Marth
Ike
Gharnef or Black Knight

I'll admit it. I'm not that well versed in Fire Emblem, I've never played a single one. I do know that the two characters in Brawl are the most popular and well-known of the bunch though, and that there are villains to pull from somewhere, whether they be the Black Knight or Gharnef. Gharnef, as I understand, is basically Marth's villain, and I know BK's Ike's.

It'd make sense to use either one of them to round out the series. If they needed to add another. Which, again, new game, more characters, lots more space. Good.

Mother Series

Ness
Lucas
Masked Man

Ness is an original, and Lucas was planned for a while. These guys aren't changin'.

That said, the series is over, but there's still history to pull from. The Masked Man was an interesting character that could provide a twist expected from the "now typical" Mother character in a Smash game. And it's a new game. If it's anyone, it'd probably be him.

Retro Series

G&W
ROB
Ice Climbers

These are all the ones I see as definite...but let's be fun.

Balloon Fighter
Sukapon

They do keep using Balloon Fighter's music. It's something. And Sukapon was one of Sakurai's projects, I've heard that he once stated he's like in the game. But rumors are rumors. And there's lots of Retro WTF characters. (Like a walking Hanafuda card. YES)

Other Series

Olimar
Little Mac
Isaac
Saki
Starfy (The fact that he was in Brawl shocked me enough. He's had a game recently, too)

There's probably more. Olimar's going to be by his lonesome I think, maybe they'll add a Louie costume. But really, there'd be no point in making another playable Pikmin character. Unless the new game has something fancy in it.

Little Mac seems like a yes. Especially since Punch-Out's not retro anymore.

Isaac. Do I really need to explain? He's the Marth of Golden Sun, which also got a new game.

Saki, same thing.

Starfy, same thing.

And finally...

3rd Party

Sonic
Snake
Megaman

These are all subject to the idea that Sakurai asked for 'em. It's also ridiculous to try and add a whole bunch of third parties. Snake and Sonic were a big deal, they got the hell hyped out of them. They're not going to add a total of 3 or 4 new 3rds. Megaman'd be quite enough, really. Maybe I'm wrong.

Alright, well, there's my overly long explanation roster. Now to line em up.

So we've got:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Paper Mario

Yoshi
Kamek

Wario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Samus/Zamus
Ridley

Link
Zelda + Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link/ Mask Link/ Young Link
Tingle

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
Lucario
Zoroark

Pit
Medusa

Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Falcon
Goroh

Marth
Ike
Gharnef/Black Knight

Ness
Lucas

G&W
ROB
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter
Sukapon

Olimar
Little Mac
Isaac
Saki
Starfy

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

---------------

That's about 51 characters, not counting transformations, extras. I feel like that's kinda generous, but I honestly don't see them cutting that many characters, if any. Adding characters is always a better option for a game like this. And 15-16 more isn't too many.

Thoughts? I know alot of this, or any of it, isn't new stuff. Or ideas, but I thought I'd put my real thoughts out there. Cheers!

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Tbh I skimmed over this because, well I was really lazy this time around and looked like a wall of text but I will address what I did see.

1) I was saying Pac-man isn't making it.
2) Newcomers are welcome but time for developing is limited and more time should be focusing on gameplay
3) It has to be a mix of Sakurai and the fans tbh, just re-read what I said.
I read what you wrote and I agree with what you said except for the mention of relevance and that's what that wall of text is talking about. That darn relevance thing.

The removal of stages is something I just can't understand :(

There's a lot of awesome stages that get cut for no reason unless it's a technical reason like no space left which in theory, Wii U can address that.

Steam

Smash Hero
knowing nintendo, Smash4 won't have DLC. unless it involves something gimmicky that makes you pay them a lot money for like nothing.

@ganondorf guy- pretty decent outside of like balloon fighter.

•Col•

Smash Champion
What about Leon? (Idk about him I've just seen him Kingdom Hearts and when I can I beat his ***)
....... :l

Don't call him Leon. PLEASE.

Anyway, Squall is my favorite FF character but I highly doubt he'd be in since he only was in that GBA Kingdom Hearts game with a really small part.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Considering we'll have plenty of "standard" stages, to have one crazy Mario Galaxy stage would be fine.

They could call it the Smash Meteor (instead of meteor smash lololol) and have it fly around to different galaxies for a change of scenery.
Yeah it would be pretty interesting to play on a level like that. I was disappointed how Brawl didn't have a stage like this. :(

I read what you wrote and I agree with what you said except for the mention of relevance and that's what that wall of text is talking about. That darn relevance thing.

The removal of stages is something I just can't understand :(

There's a lot of awesome stages that get cut for no reason unless it's a technical reason like no space left which in theory, Wii U can address that.
It seems like they just port the stages too because there was no difference in graphics between Temple in Melee to Brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
knowing nintendo, Smash4 won't have DLC. unless it involves something gimmicky that makes you pay them a lot money for like nothing.

@ganondorf guy- pretty decent outside of like balloon fighter.
I mean yeah, it's kind of a ridiculous idea, but you never know. I'm not even sure how I'd feel about Balloon Fighter as an actual character..

refugee

Smash Journeyman
That'd actually be sick. It'd definitely be a more creative level. Brings back a lot of memories seeing that boss fight with Raphael.
Yeah I loved playing this game on my GBA. I was kind of disappointed how the DS sequel turned out though.

I mean yeah, it's kind of a ridiculous idea, but you never know. I'm not even sure how I'd feel about Balloon Fighter as an actual character..
It's sad that DLC is considered a ridiculous idea when it comes to Nintendo. : \

Balloon Fighter was going to be a fighter in Melee but Sakurai didn't know what to do with him after his balloons pop. That's how we got Ice Climbers.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
It seems like they just port the stages too because there was no difference in graphics between Temple in Melee to Brawl.
Actually, if I recall correctly, though the stage appears to be identical, there are changes to the stage. I forgot what kind of changes but there are changes in the Melee stages to suit how Brawl works.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Balloon Fighter was going to be a fighter in Melee but Sakurai didn't know what to do with him after his balloons pop. That's how we got Ice Climbers.
Ahah! Hmm....I mean, he could seriously just fall. If he lands on the stage oe ledge, he can keep fighting; maybe his up-B reinflates a balloon?

That could use some work...sounds like that'd cause some major gimping problems.

Still an idea.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ABOUT TAKAMARU: In that Captain Rainbow game, didn't he have uncontrollable nosebleeds around women?

That should totally be a taunt.

Especially if Luigi gets a Peach dress alternate costume. Silly screenshots galore.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Ahah! Hmm....I mean, he could seriously just fall. If he lands on the stage oe ledge, he can keep fighting; maybe his up-B reinflates a balloon?

That could use some work...sounds like that'd cause some major gimping problems.

Still an idea.
Yeah that's a good idea for the up B. I mean really out of all the unrealistic things in Smash Bros. Sakurai worries about that. I think Balloon Fighter would make an awesome character. Retro and unique. I was hoping he'd make Brawl, maybe this one though. Or there could always be the fact that the balloons don't pop. A lot of different possibilities

refugee

Smash Journeyman

Still an idea.
But what would his other B moves do? I think that would be the problem.

ABOUT TAKAMARU: In that Captain Rainbow game, didn't he have uncontrollable nosebleeds around women?

That should totally be a taunt.

Especially if Luigi gets a Peach dress alternate costume. Silly screenshots galore.
Lol, wut? Yeah I guess I'll take your word for it since that game does have a lot of weird crap in it. I don't see Nintendo allowing blood in a Smash game though even if it's just from a nose bleed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lol, wut? Yeah I guess I'll take your word for it since that game does have a lot of weird crap in it. I don't see Nintendo allowing blood in a Smash game though even if it's just from a nose bleed.
THAT'S TOO BAD. Not to mention how weird it would be for any non-Japanese person seeing it. That's an extremely Japanese-y thing, lol.

009deca

Smash Rookie
Hi n__n This is my rooster (// means or)

Mario Saga
-Mario
-luigi
-Princess Peach
-Bowser
-Baby Bowser

Yoshi Saga
-yoshi

Wario saga
-Wario
-Ashley and Red//Kat and Ana

Donkey Kong Saga
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong
-king K Rool

TLOZ Saga
-Link
-toon link
-zelda/sheik
-toon zelda/tetra
-Ganondorf

Kirby saga
-Kirby
-King Dedede
-Metal Knight

Metroid Saga
-Samus/z.s.samus

Star Fox Saga
-fox
-falco
-Krystal
-Wolf

F-Zero Saga
-captain falcon

Mother Saga
-ness
-lucas

Fire Emblem Saga
-ike
-Marth

pikmin saga
-Pikmin and olimar

Pokemon Saga
-pikachu
-mewtwo
-jigglypuff
-Zoroark
-pkmn trainer

Kid Icarus Saga
-Pit

Golden Sun Saga
-Isaac

Animal Crossing Saga
-Animal Crosser

Others
Mr Game and Watch
ROB
sukapon
Takamaru
little Mac
starfy
Saki Amamiya
Ice Climbers

3er parties
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Not a bad roster there bud, but I think you definitely overrepresented some smaller franchises.

DK doesn't deserve four slots for sure, Same with Starfox. Your 'Other' additions are pretty well all deserving... I'd argue Ray and Andy deserve to be in before Takamaru of Sukapon though. I'm wary of another Wario Rep, doesn't really deserve 2.

7/10

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I narrowed down my third party roster and I conclude that 5-7 third-party should be reasonable. This is what I narrowed down:

Returning:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Snake

One of the possibilities and how this will be implemented:
  • (from Disgaea) Etna, Flonne, and Laharl: this might involve kicking out either Sonic or Snake, but the Sonic fanboys would be really pissed. Then again, Disgaea characters never officially appeared in a fighting game across from fan made MUGEN.
  • (from Phantom Brave) Ash and Marona: made by the same guys who made Disgaea. While less known than Disgaea, I think these two characters, along with Sonic the Hedgehog and Snake, might leave room for one or two Capcom characters). Like the Disgaea characters, the Phantom Brave characters never officially appeared in a fighting game across from fan made MUGEN.
  • (from Capcom) Zero and Ryu: Ryu is the most iconic character in Street Fighter. While many people are suggesting Megaman, I chose Zero because 1) he has more variety of moves than the original Megaman, 2) more badass than the original Megaman, and 3) his MvC3 appearance is very hot-blooded, particularly if you played the game in English (and of course, Zero in MvC3 is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, the guy who is often typecast into hot-blooded heroes, but that would be my very minor reason of choosing Zero over Megaman).
  • (from the Sonic Universe) Tails and Knuckles: Like Luigi, I think including Sonic's sidekick and his rival would be a perfect addition to Super Smash Bros.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware it's pretty much digging prehistorical posts, but
Pacman or a character with limbs?
Why does it happen to people with such wide knowledge about Nintendo
[COLLAPSE="oh look pacman with limbs"]

so, yup, this comparison was kinda bad[/COLLAPSE]

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Prehistorical post diggers aren't taken so kindly around here :awesome:

I didn't know too much about Pac-Man so that's my fault there for posting without knowing stuff beforehand. Anyways, I hope whoever read my walls of text got the point of that comparison. Replace Pac-Man with Mr. Saturn and we have a good comparison.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Okay, I narrowed down my third party roster and I conclude that 5-7 third-party should be reasonable. This is what I narrowed down:

[COLLAPSE="Stuff"]Returning:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Snake

• (from Disgaea) Etna, Flonne, and Laharl: this might involve kicking out either Sonic or Snake, but the Sonic fanboys would be really pissed. Then again, Disgaea characters never officially appeared in a fighting game across from fan made MUGEN.
  • (from Phantom Brave) Ash and Marona: made by the same guys who made Disgaea. While less known than Disgaea, I think these two characters, along with Sonic the Hedgehog and Snake, might leave room for one or two Capcom characters). Like the Disgaea characters, the Phantom Brave characters never officially appeared in a fighting game across from fan made MUGEN.
  • (from Capcom) Zero and Ryu: Ryu is the most iconic character in Street Fighter. While many people are suggesting Megaman, I chose Zero because 1) he has more variety of moves than the original Megaman, 2) more badass than the original Megaman, and 3) his MvC3 appearance is very hot-blooded, particularly if you played the game in English (and of course, Zero in MvC3 is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, the guy who is often typecast into hot-blooded heroes, but that would be my very minor reason of choosing Zero over Megaman).
  • (from the Sonic Universe) Tails and Knuckles: Like Luigi, I think including Sonic's sidekick and his rival would be a perfect addition to Super Smash Bros.
[/COLLAPSE]
Disgaea has no chance. Disgaea only appeared once on a Nintendo platform and that was just a remake of the first game and it was on the DS.

Same situation for Phantom Brave. They are PlayStation exclusive except for 2 Wii games in 2009.

Zero is not happening. He's not any kind of mascot for Capcom. Ryu, Mega Man Classic, & Mega Man .EXE are the only characters they could even pitch to Sakurai.

Kinda hate to say it, but Knuckles kinda died along with most of the other characters. Sonic Unleashed, Colors, Sonic 4, & now Sonic Generations, Knuckles is nowhere to be found. If they do give Sega another 2 slots (unlikely) it will probably be Tails and then a character from a different series.

If Konami gets another slot, they really do need to add one of their other properties like Bomberman or Castlevania, a couple of their more Nintendo-based franchises. (Konami owns Hudson Soft so Bomberman's got a shot) I don't think they'll get another slot, but if they do, that's the best thing they can do with it. Grey Fox is a possibility, since Konami seems to really like him. (He was the only Metal Gear rep in Konami Crazy Racers [Konami's Smash Bros-esque Mario Kart] for whatever reason)

The only other 3rd Party Developers I could even possible imagine being in Smash 4 are Ubisoft with Rayman, Square with...whatever they're ****ing out this year, and maybe Tecmo with Ninja Gaiden now that the series is back on Nintendo consoles, especially since Team Ninja made Metroid Other M. (Slim chance but there ya go) Namco might pull something as well with Pac Man or Tekken, but that's stretching it just as much as Tecmo.

I'm only expecting 2 new 3rd Party Slots to open up, but that's just me.

My suggestion is look at any new affiliations that Nintendo is making in the near future. I believe they said that Nintendo and Electronic Arts were attempting a better campaign with each others. I would say look at EA prominent titles that will likely work its way onto the Wii U, then think of characters that "fit" into the smash world.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Returning:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Snake

• Wow, I'm surprised someone would mention such characters, its an awesome idea.

But let's be realistic here, even though the Disgaea series had a game fo the DS, sadly Laharl, Flonne, Etna or even the Prittneys don't stand a chance against the likes if Megaman and Ryu, sure they may be fan favorites, but are they really "as" popular as the other two?

Plus I think Gust/Nippon Ichi owns them, considering most of their games are on the PS3/PS2, by the looks of it they are more likely to work with Sony than Nintendo

:phone:

Super Smash Bros. Fan... if this is your roster.

[COLLAPSE="Roster"]Mario series
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Bowser Jr.

Well, I will be honest... I have a bias favoring Toad but Bowser Jr. is a decent choice... as long as he does not end up a Bowser clone. At least you didn't add Waluigi or worse, Geno.

Donkey Kong series
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- King K. Rool

This is perfect in my opinion. King K. Rool deserves to be in for being such an important character in the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy. If you had Dixie Kong paired with Diddy Kong here, it would be MORE THAN PERFECT in my eyes.

Yoshi series
- Yoshi

Perfect as is... but my inner fanboy kinda wishes that Yoshi would have Baby Mario riding on him a la Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Wario series
- Wario

Perfect as is... but my inner fanboy also wishes that Wario would have moves from Wario Land games instead of made-up moves based on his WarioWare persona.

Zelda series
- Link
- Zelda / Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Toon Link OR Young Link

Perfect as is... though I prefer Toon Link over Young Link despite Majora's Mask being my #1 favorite Zelda game. Tingle would be an added bonus in my eyes.

Metroid series
- Samus
- Ridley

Perfect as is... personally, I could do without Ridley but where is Zero Suit Samus? Unless you meant that Zero Suit Samus is part of Samus and is still playable...

Kirby series
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede

Perfect as is. It does not need any more newcomers.

Star Fox series
- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf

Perfect as is... personally, I can live without Falco and I couldn't care less about Krystal.

Pokemon series
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Pokemon Trainer
- Mewtwo OR Lucario OR New Pokemon?
- Zoroark OR Victini

You know my inner fanboy wants Meowth to be that New Pokemon. LOL With that out of the way, which starters are you referring to for Pokemon Trainer here? 1st gen (same as Brawl), or 2nd gen from HeartGold/SoulSilver or 5th gen from Black/White? It is so hard for me to pick which ones I want for Pokemon Trainer... most of them have so much moveset potential! Victini could be interesting but personally, I would rather see it replace Jigglypuff as a new floaty-type Pokemon.

F-Zero series
- Captain Falcon

Perfect as is... though if F-Zero gets a new game, then I would rather see Samurai Goroh over Black Shadow simply because Samurai Goroh has been with the series since the beginning. The only reason why people want Black Shadow is to give Ganondorf's old moveset to him so Ganondorf could get a sword. :rolleyes:

EarthBound series
- Ness
- Lucas

Perfect as is. It doesn't need any more newcomers, especially now that the series is dead.

Fire Emblem series
- Marth
- Ike

This is semi-perfect... I think Ike might lose his spot to Caeda or a future new Lord. I would not lose sleep if Caeda or Ike isn't playable.

Retro characters
- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game & Watch
- R.O.B.

Perfect as is... but we could add some more retro characters...

Kid Icarus series
- Pit
- Medusa

This is okay, but if you had added Palutena along with Medusa, then the Kid Icarus series would be complete just like the Kirby series.

Pikmin series
- Olimar

Perfect as is.

Punch-Out!! series
- Little Mac

Perfect as is... it is very, very likely he will finally join the roster in SSB4 thanks to his Wii game.

Sin & Punishment series
- Saki Amamiya OR Isa Jo

Perfect as is... though I think Isa Jo will get in over Saki Amamiya because he is the protagonist of Star Successor. It is like Ness vs. Ninten.

The Mysterious Murasame Castle (one game)
- Takamaru

Perfect as is... I can see him getting in SSB4 as well because he had a guest appearance in Samurai Warriors 3. But he should be grouped with the retro characters...

I am noticing a severe lack of Starfy, a Golden Sun character (Matthew or Isaac), Mii, and a second retro character who is also a WTF unlockable character (
Duck Hunt Dog
)... but other than that, this is pretty decent pure-Nintendo roster. :)[/COLLAPSE]
About Toad, it's his opinion. No point of changing it.
Jigglypuff: Was probably a joke character for S64 but since everyone loves it's playing style Jiggs will stay as a smash favorite.
Yeah. I don't understand why some people think Jigglypuff won't be in SSB 4.
I agree with SSBF, being relevant is a overrated factor.
The main factor is...
- People want to play as that character
- That character was important/iconic in the series
- They appeared in a nintendo console
- Sakurai factor: Easy to make(Lol)
It definitely does play a major role. Just other factors do as well.

BOY do I have a treat for y'all!

Here is the translated Melee polls for funsies.

Andddd Here is a list of characters that were thought about during brawl's inclusion!

All curtiosy of Toise. I also have (somewhere) a link to every character-related idea/inclusion to ever grace smash. Of course it's just all the characters we have confirmed were thought about/planned for Smash. It's hard to explain what that list is, but it's somewhere. Here is what I'm talking about!
Well this is some information. Thanks shortie.

Anyone reviewed this roster yet?

Mario universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Bowser Jr.

Toad - Then again, there's no reason to doubt Toad's access. Toad has been in Mario ever since. He's also iconic and important to it. The generic excuse won't work, the neutral B won't work. If you think he has the potential to be an assist trophy then you're saying that his importance is as small as Waluigi's when it's not. If you say he had small roles in the other Mario games then think again. He's appeared in more games than Jr. I'm not saying Jr. will get in. I just don't understand why some people don't agree.

Zelda universe:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (Sword)
Young Link

Donkey Kong universe:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
K Rool

Metroid universe:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Ridley - Don't argue about his size. Don't think about it.

Yoshi universe:
Yoshi

Star Fox unuiverse:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kirby universe:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Pokemon universe:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Pokemon Trainer (3)

Earthbound universe:
Ness
Lucas

F-zero universe:
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike

Retro universe:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB

Paper Mario universe:
Paper Mario

Paper Mario seems to be a great idea. If Dr. Mario got in melee then I suppose it's Paper Mario's turn to get in SSB.

Kid Icarus universe:
Pit
Medusa

Medusa - I guess she has the potential to get in.

Wario universe:
Wario

Pikmin universe:
Olimar (Wii U)

Punch out universe:
Little Mac (Wii U)

Little Mac - No one is against him. Practically everyone here wants him in.

Golden Sun Universe:
Isaac

3rd party:
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Mega Man - Most likely to be capcom's rep in SSB.

Newcomers:
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Young Link
Dixie
K Rool
Ridley
Takumaru
Mega Man
Zoroark
3 new pokemons of Pokemon Trainer

Exclusives:

Wii U:
Little Mac
Olimar

Number of newcomers: 13 (Wii U ), 12 (3DS)

Number of characters: 44, 49 (With transformations) - Wii U

Regarding Pacman, I don't think he'll get in. If he had a lot of reasons to get in, too bad. Mega Man got first to him.

Lastly, you guys made 300 pages already?

swift9

Smash Rookie

Returning:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Snake

[/LIST]
I really like Sonic characters more than any other characters for other series. I think that sega should get two more slots. For either Tails, knuckles, or Shadow. I would want shadow or knuckles in more than tails. Tails does not have any fighting moves like that. Megaman will be a fine character to add to SSB.4. I hope they add him. I read a article on the internet saying that it had other characters in brawl that were not finished. The characters are pulse and minin, tails and two other characters.

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
Most likely nodody saw ROB coming, in Brawl, everybody was so hyped about their characters making it in that an icon such as ROB who hasn't been in a recent series wasn't even considered by fans and then....

BAM! Sakurai throws him in, anything could happen for such character, ROB just proved that a character doesn't have to be currently popular, but iconic and historically important to Nintendo, that is what I believe.

:phone:
ROB wasn't a shock, he was in Mario Kart.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I really like Sonic characters more than any other characters for other series. I think that sega should get two more slots. For either Tails, knuckles, or Shadow. I would want shadow or knuckles in more than tails. Tails does not have any fighting moves like that.
Actually, Tails could get a quite unique moveset if he somehow got in. He has two tails and machine stuff, after all. And he was in Sonic the Fighters or Sonic Battle.

In Megaman's topic. I'd be surprised if he didn't make it in.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What about Leon? (Idk about him I've just seen him Kingdom Hearts and when I can I beat his ***)
....... :l

Don't call him Leon. PLEASE.

Anyway, Squall is my favorite FF character but I highly doubt he'd be in since he only was in that GBA Kingdom Hearts game with a really small part.
Lol? What's wrong with the name Leon?

Nintendo, needs to man the **** up and put DLC.
You need to be more specific. Leon who? I'm assuming that you're not talking about the Star Fox character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom