• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Chibi Robo is cuuute~ He doesn't seem violent. Is he? If not lord knows Sakurai will be all over that.

Lucario is THE lowest point of subject matter. You know you've hit rock bottom in reasoning when he comes up. It often involves fanboys who can't put up a real arguement as to why he should stay. Probably because everything points to the contrary. DROP. IT.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
A victory is still a victory. No matter how hollow or how many losses, an achievement can never be taken from a man. :p

Should really consider discussing something less stressful, like music or stages.
OMG, you did not win. You fail to comprehend massively. I can't even understand how you DON'T understand.
I...I...I...don't know how to make any clearer than I already have, my next course of action would be to smack you but I can't do that.

Wait....I get it, youse on that expert troll status.

Aight, let me know when Super Smash Fan and company get back. There is massive fail right now.

@Shortie: What makes it worse was I was looking at it from the most unbias angle since I dislike all 3 characters. Ahhhhhh it's tragic right now in this thread.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Chibi Robo is cuuute~ He doesn't seem violent. Is he? If not lord knows Sakurai will be all over that.

Lucario is THE lowest point of subject matter. You know you've hit rock bottom in reasoning when he comes up. DROP. IT.
Looks are deceiving. There are enemies in his games. He has a blaster to shoot them with, runs some enemies over with bikes, and can even pump enough water into them to make them explode. Also he cleans up stains like a boss!

That's why I'm ignoring the posts. Don't feed the troll. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hate Lucario, and your bickering is soo childish.

*leaves until the subject changes*

Looks are deceiving. There are enemies in his games. He has a blaster to shoot them with, runs some enemies over with bikes, and can even pump enough water into them to make them explode. Also he cleans up stains like a boss!

That's why I'm ignoring the posts. Don't feed the troll. ;)
That's good news, when is his last game appearance?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Lucario is THE lowest point of subject matter. You know you've hit rock bottom in reasoning when he comes up. DROP. IT.
Well he has plenty of tools he could use to fight. He did have to save his owners from evil little robots, so maybe that would qualify him as having THE FIGHTING SPIRIT!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
OMG, you did not win. You fail to comprehend massively. I can't even understand how you DON'T understand.
I...I...I...don't know how to make any clearer than I already have, my next course of action would be to smack you but I can't do that.

Wait....I get it, youse on that expert troll status.

Aight, let me know when Super Smash Fan and company get back. There is massive fail right now.
The only fail here is that you don't understand my satire. Whatever though, I'm not going to bother teasing anymore. I'm bored until some intelligent discussion surfaces.

Steam

Smash Hero

Lucario is THE lowest point of subject matter. You know you've hit rock bottom in reasoning when he comes up. It often involves fanboys who can't put up a real arguement as to why he should stay. Probably because everything points to the contrary. DROP. IT.
troll post detected. except the first sentence. besdies it's a lucario/mewtwo thing. I know there's a good chance lucario will be gone lmao.

I hate Lucario
oh I get it

TBone06

Smash Ace
Here's a video that demonstrates him viciously killing some enemies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sps4oBFRA
Aside from all the argument, I got curious today and watched a video of Chibi Robo gameplay. Within the first 2 minutes you can see he'd easily have 4 special moves. I don't think he will be in, I may not even support him, but wow he could be a very interesting character. I actually had the same thing about Sukapon too. They both could be very creative characters

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I see, again, when was his last game appearence? And was that video one of you. . .?

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Aside from all the argument, I got curious today and watched a video of Chibi Robo gameplay. Within the first 2 minutes you can see he'd easily have 4 special moves. I don't think he will be in, I may not even support him, but wow he could be a very interesting character. I actually had the same thing about Sukapon too. They both could be very creative characters
I don't support them because they're the most likely choices, I support them because they would be the most unique characters if they got in. Also, they are robots. :grin:

Here's a video of chibi robo getting attacked at 2:09. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y76jvUNSf9E

I see, again, when was his last game appearence? And was that video one of you. . .?
Who Chibi robo? This was his last game released so far. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okaeri!_Chibi-Robo!_Happy_Richie_Ōsōji!

There was also a remake of his first game released the same year too. No, I haven't made any videos.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
oh I get it
I want YOU to make a valid arguement as to why he should stay, or shows signs of staying? Its possible. I have seen either ArcadeNik or Pieman (Can't remember) do it. If you cannot you have no reason to talk.

I hate him because posters LOVE to complain and fanboy out. Especially when they compare him to Zoroark or Mewtwo. Mewtwo's lack of appearence in brawl HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCARIO. People make me hate Lucario. Not him. I main him in Brawl and own him in pokemon!

I'm waiting.

Thank god for private discussion groups, or else I wouldn't be able to stand this site.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So I'm a troll now? Well that is amusing to say the least. lol

Shortie let the Lucario discussion die already. It is only going to lead to more problems.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
...Shortie y

If you want to see how this argument is, it's this.

"Yeah Mewtwo is a classic for your generation, Lucario will be a classic for the generation in between like me, and then whoever the **** that new pokemon is Zorak or some **** like that will be the classic for the newest generation. So you will have bias according to generation unless you are able to take your head out of nostalgia land for a second and think rationally."

NEW TOPIC PLEASE

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I can't even argue for Cloud, Lol cause I just threw him out there because I saw that he starts discussion. Don't rip my head off lol

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I can't even argue for Cloud, Lol cause I just threw him out there because I saw that he starts discussion. Don't rip my head off lol
LMAO. I admire your efforts to avoid that circular discussion like the plague!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What about a generic? Like Black Mage? Or Moogle?

I would prefer not to see Cloud. . . at all.

ANYWAYS, is this topic Square Enix, or just Final Fantasy?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You know I offered a new discussion that requires little fighting, music and stages. But everyone seems to have skimmed over that.

TBone06

Smash Ace
What about a generic? Like Black Mage? Or Moogle?

I would prefer not to see Cloud. . . at all.
Adding a Black Mage or Moogle would be like adding a koopa or goomba, maybe even so far as to say Toad for Mario. And trust me I love Final Fantasy. Personally I don't see them as impact characters, but it's a good debate, especially because of the Chrystal chronicles series

refugee

Smash Journeyman
You know I offered a new discussion that requires little fighting, music and stages. But everyone seems to have skimmed over that.
It's hard to find music that wouldn't already get in the game and stages are too hard to think of on the spot besides stating where you would like a stage to take place. Unless that's what you mean?

Steam

Smash Hero
I want YOU to make a valid arguement as to why he should stay, or shows signs of staying? Its possible. I have seen either ArcadeNik or Pieman (Can't remember) do it. If you cannot you have no reason to talk.

I hate him because posters LOVE to complain and fanboy out. Especially when they compare him to Zoroark or Mewtwo. Mewtwo's lack of appearence in brawl HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCARIO. People make me hate Lucario. Not him. I main him in Brawl and own him in pokemon!
I've made plenty of valid arguments. primarily the google battle and mewtwo's age/being past his prime in terms of popularity. this was pretty recent as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How would you feel about the following five stages to represent the Mario franchise?

Peaches Castle Revamped
Dry Desert
Bowser's Airship
Galaxy Tours
Luigi's Mansion

Seems to cover most all Mario characters.

Peach
Mario
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Luigi

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I have CC but it's weird to me.

@Music: It doesn't matter soon as the Wii U is hack or they make a custom music option it's all good.

STEAM SHUT UP.

Nice stagelist

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Ok let's see :)

...Pacman lol. Nahh homie he isn't making it. You have to think within a rational zone of popularity, relevance, developer bias, and the developers' support and resources. <- That is real "Fan Service", Time to stop making wishlist and hit reality.
Your entire post comes off to me like you think I want pacman in smash. More so because of this:
...Pacman lol. Nahh homie he isn't making it
unless I'm taking things out of context here. I think including a character BECAUSE the public wants it is fan service (e.g., Sonic). But there's that thing of relevance. Why is relevance so important? Is it because Sakurai wants it to be that way or is it what the public wants. So if Mewtwo is a couple of gens old, why would he be removed from Smash? "Google Battle says Lucario is more popular than Mewtwo." I think Mewtwo should stay because he was in Melee and not because I think he's popular.

My whole argument isn't about which characters should be added in, it's why people think they should remove a character to add a character. It's fine if people like to speculate which character is more popular (where both characters haven't been in Smash before) but when you start comparing a character with a character that is already a Smash veteran? It seems wrong. For example, people talking about Ice Climbers not being relevant anymore.

Actually, I think my argument shifted from being both about adding new characters and removing, to just removing.

TL;DR I think newcomers can coexist with smash veterans without removing any of the old characters regardless of how relevant they are

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I have CC but it's weird to me.

@Music: It doesn't matter soon as the Wii U is hack or they make a custom music option it's all good.

STEAM SHUT UP.

Nice stagelist
Ignore the troll and listen to some music with Chibi Robo!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
On the topic of stages, I could copypasta something I wrote somewhere else:

For stages, I'd really like an updated Smashville that changes with the seasons as well. If I could have Ridley and Sukapon both playing on Smashville... That would be. Just. Oh my goodness.

ASIDE FROM THAT. I'm really hoping for a Mario Galaxy stage. We'll have plenty of standard stages, so I want something CRAZY for a Galaxy stage. Also Bowser's Castle would be amazing. He kind of needs a stage for himself at this point. Oh, and if Takamaru is playable, I'm convinced his stage would be amazing. Imagine fighting on the roof of a Japanese castle with a beautiful Japanese landscape in the background. Sakura blossoms blowing in the wind. Rivers flowing calmly. Gorgeous. SUDDENLY LIGHTNING STRIKES. Everything turns dark as demons (or was it aliens?) invade. The landscape becomes nightmarish with bones everywhere and rivers now flow with blood. No more sakura blossoms BECAUSE THE TREES ARE NOW ON FIRE. Just yes. I seriously mainly want Takamaru to get in just because of that imagined stage. >3>

Got off on a bit of a tangent there. Tourian would work out pretty nicely I think. Mother Brain could be in the background, maybe every once in a while it would fire that hyper beam at you. Pretty sure it would have a ton of stage hazards. A boxing ring for Little Mac might be fun. Bouncing off the ropes and such. If Chibi-Robo got in (whichiknowhewontBUTIDIDLOVETHATGAME~) it would be really neat for each fighter to be 10 cm tall, fighting on a coffee table or something. Kind of a throw back to the original Smash opening. OH, and a Paper Mario stage would be awesome. You would just HAVE to fight on that stage where each battle takes place in Paper Mario. The audience could toss items at you. Stage lights and buckets could fall on top of you. The background could also change (like a page turning!) to show different notable places in the Paper Mario series. Also I think Mii will likely get in, so a Wuhu Island stage would be inevitable. (I guess it'd be neat seeing your other Miis watching you fight in the background)

Wow. That was a lot.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Adding a Black Mage or Moogle would be like adding a koopa or goomba, maybe even so far as to say Toad for Mario. And trust me I love Final Fantasy. Personally I don't see them as impact characters, but it's a good debate, especially because of the Chrystal chronicles series
Black mage is one of the few characters to ever cross over into the Mario World. (Him, Slime, Ninja, White Mage, Cactar, and another I forgot. . .)

I would consider this class of warrior to be much higher on the food chain than "Goomba" Plus, even if he was a low class character he would be similar to a Yoshi or Toad I would say.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's hard to find music that wouldn't already get in the game and stages are too hard to think of on the spot besides stating where you would like a stage to take place. Unless that's what you mean?
I mean music in general. There are still several big series we could tap from.

Custom Robo
Sin and Punishment
Nintendo Wars
Golden Sun
Paper Mario

Only to name a few. I've been trying to add some diverse choices into my stage lists I've been doing.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
How would you feel about the following five stages to represent the Mario franchise?

Peaches Castle Revamped
Dry Desert
Bowser's Airship
Galaxy Tours
Luigi's Mansion

Seems to cover most all Mario characters.

Peach
Mario
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Luigi
I like the idea overall. If there is a Galaxy level it should include the gravity mechanic. I completely forgot about the Peach Castle level in Melee! By Luigi's Mansion you mean the one from Brawl right?

Steam

Smash Hero
@glowworm- I'd really like it if they never ever dropped characters to be honest. espeically beacause at this point there aren't too many good newcomers to add.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like the idea overall. If there is a Galaxy level it should include the gravity mechanic. I completely forgot about the Peach Castle level in Melee!
That seems slightly counter productive. I don't see how it would work with smash, considering your goal is to knock your opponent out of "orbit" harhar.

It could be that one, or a new one. I didn't specify because I wasn't sure. The new LM could hold a lot of cool level ideas.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Black mage is one of the few characters to ever cross over into the Mario World. (Him, Slime, Ninja, White Mage, Cactar, and another I forgot. . .)

I would consider this class of warrior to be much higher on the food chain than "Goomba" Plus, even if he was a low class character he would be similar to a Yoshi or Toad I would say.
That is true, it'd be interesting to see another magic user in the game. But I would agree with you being similar to a Yoshi or a Toad, like even just based on the generic name "black mage" but you make a good point being he's crossed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom