• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How do you put pictures side by side on this forum? I'm planning on using my picture for my next blog entry. Sorry if this isn't relevant.

Anyway, forgot to do this earlier, but in the case that every vet but Lucario comes back, who do you think will be a starter and who do you think will be unlockable? Assume a 45 character slots roster.

I believe that all of the original twelve + all of the starters from Melee and Brawl (With the exception of Lucas) will be made starters. In the original twelve case, it's obvious that we know they're in, at least if you've seen the character roster of all the games. There's no point in hiding Ness, Captain Falcon, Luigi, or Jigglypuff anymore, just let us have it from the start.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Before ROB was even made I could see things for his moveset, what would.....lol....animal crosser use?

If you can come up with something legit I'll shut up, but I don't think I'll be shutting up anytime soon.

Steam

Smash Hero
animal crossing/nintendog type characters don't really have a chance as they're pacifistic. Sakurai has said he won't put characters like that in as characters.... which is why they get stages/assist trophies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Ganondorf, what would his sword-based special moves be like? I have my hunch...

Warlock Blade: Ganondorf charges his sword up with dark energy, and releases the energy with a powerful slash. The attack is slow, but it inflicts heavy damage, and has strong knockback; can KO at low damage percentages against lightweights. The attack has darkness effects.

Shield Stop: Ganondorf thrusts his left elbow at an opponent. If that opponent has his/her shield active, he/she will get stunned, and be vulnerable to Ganondorf's second attack, which is a sword strike. Press the special button after doing the elbow thrust to perform the second attack. Attack does moderate damage, and has decent knockback. However, it doesn't exactly KO at low damage percents.

Wizard's Leap: Ganondorf does a high jump, and then dives to the ground in a similar behavior as Kirby's Final Cutter. When he hits the ground, Ganondorf will create a small shockwave, which pushes back anyone who got too close to him. This move acts as a third jump, and does moderate damage. It can also act as a Meteor Smash when timed correctly.

Block: Ganondorf uses his sword as a shield. If he gets attacked, he'll block the attack, and then deliver a counterstrike. The damage that this move does is 1.5x the damage that Ganondorf would've received from the blocked attack. Its knockback also depends on the strength of the blocked attack. The attack has darkness effects.

Beast Ganon: Ganondorf's Final Smash. Basically the same as in Brawl.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
animal crossing/nintendog type characters don't really have a chance as they're pacifistic. Sakurai has said he won't put characters like that in as characters.... which is why they get stages/assist trophies.
Exactly.. Exactly...

D

Deleted member

Further supporting my theory of 44-45 character slots is that Melee had nine vertical rows and Brawl had nine vertical rows as well. If consistency is continued, it means that SSB4 will have nine vertical rows like previous installments.

@Mario_And_Sonic_Guy: I think that's a decent move set and something I would like to see.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Speaking of Ganondorf, what would his sword-based special moves be like? I have my hunch...

Warlock Blade: Ganondorf charges his sword up with dark energy, and releases the energy with a powerful slash. The attack is slow, but it inflicts heavy damage, and has strong knockback; can KO at low damage percentages against lightweights. The attack has darkness effects.

Shield Stop: Ganondorf thrusts his left elbow at an opponent. If that opponent has his/her shield active, he/she will get stunned, and be vulnerable to Ganondorf's second attack, which is a sword strike. Press the special button after doing the elbow thrust to perform the second attack. Attack does moderate damage, and has decent knockback. However, it doesn't exactly KO at low damage percents.

Wizard's Leap: Ganondorf does a high jump, and then dives to the ground in a similar behavior as Kirby's Final Cutter. When he hits the ground, Ganondorf will create a small shockwave, which pushes back anyone who got too close to him. This move acts as a third jump, and does moderate damage. It can also act as a Meteor Smash when timed correctly.

Block: Ganondorf uses his sword as a shield. If he gets attacked, he'll block the attack, and then deliver a counterstrike. The damage that this move does is 1.5x the damage that Ganondorf would've received from the blocked attack. Its knockback also depends on the strength of the blocked attack. The attack has darkness effects.

Beast Ganon: Ganondorf's Final Smash. Basically the same as in Brawl.
Wtf? Why do his specials have to use the sword as well?

Neutral B: Some energy sphere attack than can be charged up. Can be deflect with moves with a disjointed hitbox.

Up B: I dunno, he just quickly floats upwards and can hovers around afterwards(like Peach's float). Can't use another special move until you're hit or you land/die.

Side B: Murder Choke. Keep it the same.

Down B: A quick dashing attack that has super armor frames... Or some explosion magic type attack. Whatever.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
You've got to be kidding right? Over Zoroark or Mewtwo.

I'm sorry but that is just not going to happen, even if they are a tag team, thetly still aren't deserving enough, plus the two little fools would end up closer to Pikachu's moves in a way.

If any pokemon deserves a spot it's Mewtwo along with:

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark
Jigglypuff (IMO she needs to be replaced)

:phone:
LOL. Why anyone would doubt Pikachu's spot in Smash 4 is beyond me. What happened to the statement that unless they were the original 12, there's a chance they may be cut. Pikachu is one of the original 12 and so is Jigglypuff. Anyways, what I meant was that if they are considering adding in MORE Pokemon, Plusle and Minun should be the biggest priority (unless they are adding a Pokemon character from the past like Mewtwo). If I recall correctly, Plusle and Minun were going to be in Brawl but there wasn't enough time. So why would they be added in Brawl and then removed and then not added in Smash 4?

Whether their moveset is similar to Pikachu or not, that's irrelevant.

UberMario

Smash Master
Because Mewtwo had the most remaining dummy files of any character cut from Brawl. (Roy had the second most)

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Why anyone would doubt Pikachu's spot in Smash 4 is beyond me. What happened to the statement that unless they were the original 12, there's a chance they may be cut. Pikachu is one of the original 12 and so is Jigglypuff. Anyways, what I meant was that if they are considering adding in MORE Pokemon, Plusle and Minun should be the biggest priority (unless they are adding a Pokemon character from the past like Mewtwo). If I recall correctly, Plusle and Minun were going to be in Brawl but there wasn't enough time. So why would they be added in Brawl and then removed and then not added in Smash 4?

Whether their moveset is similar to Pikachu or not, that's irrelevant.
There isn't any proof that Plusle and Minun were supposed to be in Brawl. It's just speculated that the "pra_mai" folder was supposed to be Plusle and Minun. There isn't actually any proof.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Now that I think about it, Ganondorf's Final Smash could be altered a bit...

Ganon

Ganondorf's Final Smash. Ganondorf transforms into OoT Ganon (see image above). He'll be a tad shorter than Giga Bowser, but will still be bigger than a character who got the Super Mushroom.

As Ganon, Ganondorf's attacks will be strongly boosted, with all of his attacks having darkness effects. He'll also be immune to flinching, just like Giga Bowser. However, Ganon will still take damage from attacks, and the transformation only lasts for 18 seconds. He is also unable to use items, but he can have the effects of certain items.

Ganon's moveset would be similar to Ganondorf's, but with some changes. He'll also maintain the same specials as Ganondorf. However, some of the specials do get adjusted slightly...

Warlock Blade: Ganon charges both of his swords with dark energy and releases the energy with two powerful slashes. Attacks do extreme damage, and can almost always make instant KOs. However, the attack is much slower than Ganondorf's Warlock Blade.

Shield Stop: Instead of doing an elbow smack, Ganon will use the first sword to disable a foe's shield, and then use the other to damage him/her.

Wizard's Leap: Anyone who is underneath Ganon when he lands will be temporarily buried in the ground.

Block: When Ganon blocks an attack, his counterstrike will do 2x the normal damage that he would've received. Knockback also depends on the blocked attack.

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
While we are talking somewhat about move set changes. What sort of changes to link's move set do you think we will see? I know he had only minor changes between the games, but he has changed in every game.

With LOZ: Skyward Sword introducing bomb rolling does anyone else think that bombs may gain this ability? Maybe holding down A to roll the bomb while grounded.

Also does anyone think that the beetle item from skyward sword could replace the boomerang? I have my doubts because that's a move Link has had since the first Smash, though I didn't think we would get that horrid gale boomerang either.

•Col•

Smash Champion
While we are talking somewhat about move set changes. What sort of changes to link's move set do you think we will see? I know he had only minor changes between the games, but he has changed in every game.

With LOZ: Skyward Sword introducing bomb rolling does anyone else think that bombs may gain this ability? Maybe holding down A to roll the bomb while grounded.

Also does anyone think that the beetle item from skyward sword could replace the boomerang? I have my doubts because that's a move Link has had since the first Smash, though I didn't think we would get that horrid gale boomerang either.
I have a neat little idea... Since Link's beam slashes are finally returning in Skyward Sword... How about making his Fmsash/Ftilt or whatever shoot beams whenever he's at 0%?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
On the note about the Master Chief, I've always thought it would be neat to see him in Smash. Pretty easy seeing a moveset for him since he could use the covenant weapons. I especially think it would be neat if Sony had their own character in it as well. Just the novelty of having the three big competing companies getting together for one game, y'know? Mario, Master Chief, and ...Sackboy?

IF WE COULD ENTERTAIN ANOTHER IDEA: If Sony could have one representative in Smash, who would it be? It seems to me like they're only just now getting exclusive characters they could call a "mascot".

Elaith

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonic12040
For an Animal Crossing Representation, this was the closest guy to a fighter I could think of.
[COLLAPSE="Crazy Redd"]Standard A combo: Fox punch (punch punch uppercut!)
Ftilt: Painting Smash (swings quickly with a painting)
Dtilt: Painting Sweep (Redd Exclusive forgery)
Utilt: Throws down a leaf that sprouts up a random piece of furniture for damage
Dash attack: Ground Slide
Dsmash: Swings tail left and right (a standard)
Fsmash: Swing with the White Katana (Redd exclusive furniture)
Usmash: Shoots up Rocket (Redd exclusive furniture)
Down B: Break Dance Fighting (He's crazy!)
Side B: Golden Slingshot (Ow!)
Up B: Bee Sting (Launched into the air by bees)
Neutral B: Spins net around himself
Dair: Slams down on his painting
Fair: Swings net forward in arc
Uair: spears upwards with net
Nair: Swings white katana around himself
Dodge Roll: Rolls a la Sonic to one side or another
Spotdodge: Dances to the side, kookily[/COLLAPSE]

•Col•

Smash Champion
yeah no... time will do nothing to help mewtwo.
Time won't help Mewtwo...... But it'll hurt other characters a lot more. Just as an example... Ike isn't really relevant anymore... D: Not to mention that both his games are 2 of the least popular FE games ever... Sucks cuz he's my most used Smash character ever, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were removed.

Also, I think you just hate on Mewtwo a lot cuz you feel threatened that he could take Lucario's spot for whatever reason, lol.

Steam

Smash Hero
Time won't help Mewtwo...... But it'll hurt other characters a lot more. Just as an example... Ike isn't really relevant anymore... D: Not to mention that both his games are 2 of the least popular FE games ever... Sucks cuz he's my most used Smash character ever, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were removed.

Also, I think you just hate on Mewtwo a lot cuz you feel threatened that he could take Lucario's spot for whatever reason, lol.
mewtwo is what lucario is only a lot older. so age has done more to him. Lucario will suffer the same fate soon enough. I don't think that time is now though.

and mewtwo was always my favorite pokemon even through the melee days lol. that changed in gen 4 tho : P

D

Deleted member

Why are people suddenly assuming that Ike might be getting replaced? Him being a starter makes him very unlikely to be replaced and I have high hopes he'll stay, especially if we get no new Fire Emblem games. Beside, there's no reason to replace Ike when he doesn't place as low as Mewtwo did.
yeah no... time will do nothing to help mewtwo.
You're forgetting that in each game, we have had at least one planned playable character from past games make it into successive installments. Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, therefore, he stands a chance. I'm not saying he will get in, but I wouldn't rule Mewtwo out yet. Time won't help, but other factors could.

That said, we're going in circles in regards to the Pokemon playable characters and it doesn't need to be discussed anymore until hard evidence comes up later in regards to the franchise. So to end this Pokemon discussion until we start to get more ideas of who will get in and who won't, let's end the Pokemon topic with this:

1. Who do you support as the 5th Gen Pokemon? Zoroark or Victini? Both are likely candidates for SSB4.

2. How many Pokemon reps do you think we'll see in SSB4? Four or five?

3. If you think we'll get five, do you think that Lucario will stay, Mewtwo make his return, one of Zoroark and Victini takes the slot so that both are in, or a different Pokemon entirely?

My answers:

1. I think both have an equal chance now, thought I really want Victini in while I can't be bothered to care about Zoroark.

2. It's likely, but not guarantee. That said, if we have five horizontal rows in SSB4, I think we'll see an increase of five Pokemon slots. Note that each game, horizontal rows have increased by one, so if the pattern continues, it will be five.

3. We have received one first-gen newcomer next gen each gen, so if the pattern continues, we could very well see Meowth. That said, I think it's likely to be broken with other options I've listed or nothing in this slot. So I'm not entirely sure.

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
Since Link's beam slashes are finally returning in Skyward Sword... How about making his Fmsash/Ftilt or whatever shoot beams whenever he's at 0%
I think that would be a cool addition to his forward smash at 0%, which each slash sending a beam slash like kirby's Up B.

I hope that Link's Great Spin is returned to its 64 and Melee, charging that move does not work well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
To answer SSB Fan:

1. I don't "support" either Zoroark or Victini. I really don't care which gets in. I just think Zoroark has the slightly better chance. (I'M SORRY DEOXYS)

2. I think Pokemon will only have four characters. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and Zoroark/Victini. Lucario would only stay if Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon are changed to the Unova starters.

3. If we get five Pokemon characters, Lucario will surely stay. (DEOXYS WHYYY)

Steam

Smash Hero
Why are people suddenly assuming that Ike might be getting replaced? Him being a starter makes him very unlikely to be replaced and I have high hopes he'll stay, especially if we get no new Fire Emblem games. Beside, there's no reason to replace Ike when he doesn't place as low as Mewtwo did.
You're forgetting that in each game, we have had at least one planned playable character from past games make it into successive installments. Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, therefore, he stands a chance. I'm not saying he will get in, but I wouldn't rule Mewtwo out yet. Time won't help, but other factors could.

That said, we're going in circles in regards to the Pokemon playable characters and it doesn't need to be discussed anymore until hard evidence comes up later in regards to the franchise. So to end this Pokemon discussion until we start to get more ideas of who will get in and who won't, let's end the Pokemon topic with this:

1. Who do you support as the 5th Gen Pokemon? Zoroark or Victini? Both are likely candidates for SSB4.

2. How many Pokemon reps do you think we'll see in SSB4? Four or five?

3. If you think we'll get five, do you think that Lucario will stay, Mewtwo make his return, one of Zoroark and Victini takes the slot so that both are in, or a different Pokemon entirely?

My answers:

1. I think both have an equal chance now, thought I really want Victini in while I can't be bothered to care about Zoroark.

2. It's likely, but not guarantee. That said, if we have five horizontal rows in SSB4, I think we'll see an increase of five Pokemon slots. Note that each game, horizontal rows have increased by one, so if the pattern continues, it will be five.

3. We have received one first-gen newcomer next gen each gen, so if the pattern continues, we could very well see Meowth. That said, I think it's likely to be broken with other options I've listed or nothing in this slot. So I'm not entirely sure.
1. victini just feels like a character that wouldn't... work. Zoroark seems to be a better fit to me. though I think zoroark fits best as pokeball poke

2. Definitely 5, if not 6. as long as their expanding the roster pokemon should see more rep. it's a really fat cash cow.

3. Lucario and Zoroark would be in other than pika/jiggz/PT. PT may get cut however... if there are 6 slots then mewtwo would likely get the nod.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
mewtwo is what lucario is only a lot older. so age has done more to him. Lucario will suffer the same fate soon enough. I don't think that time is now though.

and mewtwo was always my favorite pokemon even through the melee days lol. that changed in gen 4 tho : P
Lucario has nothing on Mewtwo except for being more recent.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
^ sounds like personal bias. <- @Star

I don't really care either Lucario or Mewtwo. I like Houndoor (however you spell it) LOL

Stop being bias, Mewtwo is suffering from old age after his hype primetime, Lucario is about to be in the same boat with him being on the down side of his primetime. Simple as that.

If it makes you feel better I'll call it the, Mewtwo syndrome.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
These things called "Fads" say otherwise. There is always going to be that Mewtwo character. It's obvious to see Pokemon is going to milk that idea, just with a different element.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
http://www.googlebattle.com/?domain=Lucario&domain2=mewtwo&submit=Go!

not subjective :3

and superior is actually a pretty subjective word. by what grounds do you mean superior?
Yes it is, for all you know half of Lucario's searches could have been related to hate, Brawl, or "rule 32". So it is subjective.

And I didn't say anybody was superior, I simply said relevance does not equal the superior character.

On a minor note, those numbers aren't all that impressive.

Steam

Smash Hero
Yes it is, for all you know half of Lucario's searches could have been related to hate, Brawl, or "rule 32". So it is subjective.

And I didn't say anybody was superior, I simply said relevance does not equal the superior character.
I'm not saying lucario is superior... I'm saying he's more likely to be in smash... and relevance is a big part of that.

and you could say the same things about mewtwo to be honest. and there's nothing wrong with brawl being a big part of his searches if they are. brawl helped his popularity lol.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Steam...you know this argument will be just as circular as the Fox vs. Wolf tier placement in the tier list thread right?

You should do what I do, just stop caring about it because in this case (either Lucario is staying or going) and do the random troll every now and then like me and Nakat have decided to do when a heated Fox debate comes up.

O...M....G... I told the last person this, so I'LL TELL YOU STAR
THE ONLY WAY TO LOOK UP SOMETHING IS TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE SAID THING, THE MORE PEOPLE LOOK IT UP REGARDLESS OF REASON MEANS POPULARITY, SOME ONE CAN BE POPULAR BY HATE AND LOVE OR WHATEVER, FOR ALL YOU KNOW STEAM CAN USE THE SAME DAMN ARGUMENT AGAINST YOU AND CHANGE BRAWL TO MELEE. Which leads me back to this being circular...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom