• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lucario has nothing on Mewtwo except for being more recent.
And I didn't say anybody was superior, I simply said relevance does not equal the superior character.
Lucario has nothing on Mewtwo except for being more recent.

-sigh- it doesn't help your circular argument when you contradict yourself. Steam how did you not see this?

wait I'm about to have fun with this. brb advanced editing.

And I didn't say anybody was superior
but

Lucario has nothing on Mewtwo
:awesome:

Steam

Smash Hero
I assumed he was just talking about brawl selection. but when he kept on bringing up the superior thing I kinda assumed things would go that way XD

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I hate how the process of including or removing a character in Smash boils down to a popularity contest or when removing a character, "who is more relevant to keep them in."

I like to think about how a character would be like in a Smash setting regardless if they're popular or not. If I think character X does well more than character Y, I would pick character X even though character Y is more popular.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wut de hell. That was the most vague reasoning I've ever heard.

I think Primid does better than Metaknight, so I believe he should get in over Metaknight.

^ Do I win? :awesome:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Huh, just wanted to repost this here after that Zoroark/Victini stuff from earlier. It seems, going by this one Japanese poll, that Zoroark is slightly more popular than Victini, edging the little guy out by four votes. Interestingly enough though, neither were in the top 10, and both tied with others (Zoroark with Litwick, and Victini with Minccino) I'll provide the link here, but you're all probably going to be pretty surprised about who the top two were.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4808

what's wrong with his argument? Lucario sucks and represents some the worst things in Pokemon today, Mewtwo is a classic.
And what exactly are those things that he represents that are so bad?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
For starters his argument contradicts himself. See my post addressing it.

Yeah Mewtwo is a classic for your generation, Lucario will be a classic for the generation in between like me, and then whoever the **** that new pokemon is Zorak or some **** like that will be the classic for the newest generation. So you will have bias according to generation unless you are able to take your head out of nostalgia land for a second and think rationally.

I can say Mewtwo sucked for promoting human violence and terrorism. Now what?

What happened to Super Smash. Fan and the other people with decent bases for arguments?

REFUGEE, ME AND STEAM ALREADY AGREE ON THAT111!!!! HARRBLE GARBBLE FRAGGLE BLAH
are you reading past posts???

LOL why I am even arguing for Pokemon I don't even like???

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, the context was in me saying "superior". In which case I did not apply the term to anyone. I simply stated a general fact that relevance does not equal superiority. In any case, it wasn't a directed at what I said previously.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
does well more? what do you mean by that?

and smash is a fanservice game lol
I think I'm becoming Sakurai but...

Which character do you think in a smash setting would perform more better and just flow natural in a Smash setting:

Pacman or a character with limbs?

It's kind of hard for me to explain my reasoning. But yeah, I was going to mention fan service. Fan service is not bad. I think it's bad when the entire game is fan service and the roster suffers soley because "Mewtwo is so last gen".

refugee

Smash Journeyman
LOL why I am even arguing for Pokemon I don't even like???
Why do we keep having to argue about Lucario all the damn time? Steam, you don't have to always argue about Lucario when he is excluded from a roster because if the people who make their rosters are still doing that after you have argued the same point five times it means they don't agree with it. As simple as that.

Steam

Smash Hero
what's wrong with his argument? Lucario sucks and represents some the worst things in Pokemon today, Mewtwo is a classic.
totally not biased at all. and people who think things with pokemon today are bad probably won't follow the series very much/are no longer fans.

>fanservice game

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What......I don't even....

When you say
Lucario has nothing on Mewtwo
THAT'S COMPARING, Superiority is decided on COMPARING and when you use a COMPARING word like nothing comes after the first noun and then before the second.

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME YOU WERENT COMPARING???

Ok I'm looking up the word superiority BECAUSE APPARENTLY THEIR IS A DISCONNECT IN HERE, I THOUGHT IT WAS AN ADJECTIVE AND I THOUGHT ADJECTIVES CAN BE USED FOR COMPARING

su·pe·ri·or·i·ty

noun /səˌpi(ə)rēˈôritē/  /-ˈäritē/ 

The state of being superior
- an attempt to establish superiority over others
- the allies have achieved air superiority

A supercilious manner or attitude
- he attacked the media's smug superiority

LOL **** I WAS WRONG IT'S A NOUN BUT STILL IT GETS MY POINT ACROSS

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, it looked like the logical and interesting discussion has faded. I'll repost what I posted earlier for y'all.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Guuyyys, didn't you read that liiink? Lucario and Mewtwo aren't gonna get in because their spots are going to be taken by Chandelure and Whimsicott.

I, for one, welcome our new chandelier (and whatever the heck Whimsicott is) overlords.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What......I don't even....

When you say THAT'S COMPARING, Superiority is decided on COMPARING and when you use a COMPARING word like nothing comes after the first noun and then before the second.

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME YOU WERENT COMPARING???

Ok I'm looking up the word superiority BECAUSE APPARENTLY THEIR IS A DISCONNECT IN HERE, I THOUGHT IT WAS AN ADJECTIVE AND I THOUGHT ADJECTIVES CAN BE USED FOR COMPARING
Not when the statement before had nothing to do with latter. Let me make it clear, I did not state what I did in simple reference to Lucario or Mewtwo. It was general as I happened to be thinking of other characters as well. Should I have made more of a distinction between the two ideas? Sure. But for the last time I wasn't claiming anyone was superior, but simply that relevance does not guarantee ANY OBJECTS superiority.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
THEN THAT STATEMENTS SHOW BIAS THAT I ADDRESSED EARILER
*RAGE MODE*

TEFJS:HFL:EDFH:EHIOWEHLSDKNFDHFUIKHFWEKL?HNFI:WEHFO:WIEB:WEKHBFEVBELGBL

/rage

Steam

Smash Hero
So did I explain myself BETTER or did I confuse you guys even more.
no... because then characters like olimar/the whole mario series etc. wouldn't make it.

also lucario is stronger than pikachu and jigglypuff in pokemon. doesn't mean pikachu and jiggz aren't more deserving than him.

@starphoenix- I've never once said lucario is superior to mewtwo. I just suggested that he'd be more likely to be in the next smash lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
THEN THAT STATEMENTS SHOW BIAS THAT I ADDRESSED EARILER
*RAGE MODE*

TEFJS:HFL:EDFH:EHIOWEHLSDKNFDHFUIKHFWEKL?HNFI:WEHFO:WIEB:WEKHBFEVBELGBL

/rage
What part of general statement is so difficult to understand? Seriously, don't get so worked up over some random person's comment. Life has enough stress as it is, no need to add more frivolously.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So did I explain myself BETTER or did I confuse you guys even more.
Ok let's see :)

I think I'm becoming Sakurai but...

Which character do you think in a smash setting would perform more better and just flow natural in a Smash setting:

Pacman or a character with limbs?

It's kind of hard for me to explain my reasoning. But yeah, I was going to mention fan service. Fan service is not bad. I think it's bad when the entire game is fan service and the roster suffers soley because "Mewtwo is so last gen".
...Pacman lol. Nahh homie he isn't making it. You have to think within a rational zone of popularity, relevance, developer bias, and the developers' support and resources. <- That is real "Fan Service", Time to stop making wishlist and hit reality.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Please, for the love of God, drop this Lucario BS. This has to be the 5th time of talking about this. No Steam, Gooogle Battle does not prove anything for the same reason number of searches don't count. It's because they could mean anything like how awesome/stupid/whatever a character is.

LOOK! A CHIBI ROBO HAS APPEARED! Maybe he will clean up this mess?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol I'm done with it because there is an obvious disconnect, then add on the fact this is circular.

@Shortie, I read that. I wanted to see what other people had to say before I made any input.

@Star, You win. I forfeit LOL

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Lol I'm done with it because there is an obvious disconnect, then add on the fact this is circular.

@Shortie, I read that. I wanted to see what other people had to say before I made any input.

@Star, You win. I forfeit LOL
Yes the circle is closer to being broken! Thank you for volunteering to drop this argument.

@refugee- that logic could work the other way bro : P
WTF? Did you even read my post? I pointed out both ways already. Shut up and stop trolling please.

Please steam, no shut up.
This ^

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A victory is still a victory. No matter how hollow or how many losses, an achievement can never be taken from a man. :p

Should really consider discussing something less stressful, like music or stages.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That Chibi-Robo post was the best.

Incidentally I hope he gets a stage. Everyone fighting on, like, a coffee table would be amazing.

Steam

Smash Hero
oh you've honestly used that reasoning so many times referencing lucario only that I figured it was about lucario again. but google battle is ****ing legit GTFO <3

refugee

Smash Journeyman
That Chibi-Robo post was the best.

Incidentally I hope he gets a stage. Everyone fighting on, like, a coffee table would be amazing.
Thank you. :)

Yes a stage would be great. I think the kitchen/foyer could make interesting stages as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom