• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Sonic characters more than any other characters for other series. I think that sega should get two more slots. For either Tails, knuckles, or Shadow. I would want shadow or knuckles in more than tails. Tails does not have any fighting moves like that. Megaman will be a fine character to add to SSB.4. I hope they add him. I read a article on the internet saying that it had other characters in brawl that were not finished. The characters are pulse and minin, tails and two other characters.
I think Mega Man will be the only newcomer in the 3rd parties. Ryu could be but Mega Man has a better chance.

Some things I'd like to say about Bowser Jr:

Okay first of all, Bowser Jr. may be the second main antagonist of the Mario universe. So? Does that make him have a better chance over Toad. Toad has appeared in the first Mario and several other Mario titles and spin-offs. He even had his own game Wario Woods. He's also popular in japan as one of the most favorite video game characters 2009-2010, along with Jr. he's one of the characters that need their own spin-off. If popularity isn't enough then just mind how iconic and important he is. He is one of the most celebrated characters in the 25th Mario anniversary. If you think Toad is irrelevant then you're wrong but relevance DOES NOT matter. This might be a restatement of another post...
ROB wasn't a shock, he was in Mario Kart.
I didn't know he would make it in Brawl. I'm being honest.

I only knew he would be in Brawl when I played subspace.

Some more cool event ideas:

Mario VS Sonic
It's time for the fight that everyone has waited for. The battle of the 2 famous mascots in FINAL DESTINATION. (Play as any of the 2 then defeat the enemy)

The wrath of mewtwo
All the fighters battle mewtwo. It's like an all star battle. (Defeat all the characters with 2 stock).

Grayfox strikes back
Grayfox comes along with Captain Falcon to defeat Snake. (Survive the fight for 1 minute)

Battle of the cyborgs
Mega Man bumps into ROB. ROB challenges Mega Man in a duel with stamina. (Defeat ROB)

Power of the 3
The 3 toads unite to defeat giant bowser! (Defeat Bowser. He's as heavy as Giga Bowser in melee).

Wrath of Bower
The 3 toads interfere with Bowser's plan. Show them your true power! (Defeat the 3 Toads).

Dark Zelda
Zelda has been possessed by Ganondorf. You must put Zelda back to her senses! (Defeat Zelda then defeat Ganondorf

Ideas about chronicles:

Super Mario Bros. 3 (2:00)
Mario 64 (5:00)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (2:00)
Zelda II (2:00)
Zelda: Majora's mask (5:00)
Star Fox SNES (2:00)

...you aren't serious right. I specified the Leon seen in Kingdom Hearts....
I wonder why they call him Leon. I know Leon came from Squall Leonhart but why not Squall? I've always wondered about that.

Edit: I hope this is my last post about Toad. I want to talk about something else. I hope it's not about the over discussed characters. If one of those characters are brought up again, I have no choice but to defend them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder why they call him Leon. I know Leon came from Squall Leonhart but why not Squall? I've always wondered about that.
That's probably what threw me off. If people want to discuss the Final Fantasy character, just call him Squall, instead of Leon. Don't want to confuse that name with the Star Fox character.

D

Deleted member

Do you think we're going to get a "WTF" character in SSB4? Ness was SSB's "WTF" character, Melee had Mr. Game & Watch, and Brawl had Snake (Nobody saw him coming).

I think this time around, it'll be a Nintendo character, but that's only if we get one, which I have my doubts about. Only one I can think of is Duck Hunt Dog, but the hatred of him will probably keep him away.
Glowworm said:
hich character do you think in a smash setting would perform more better and just flow natural in a Smash setting:

Pacman or a character with limbs?
Pacman kind of has limbs, therefore, he's one of the characters "with limbs".

Even if you did pick a character without limbs (At least in the arm or leg), I would have to pick one with limbs because they are clearly more capable of fighting and are much more likely to get in. Only exception I can recall off the top of my head is Slime.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Peaches Castle Revamped
Dry Desert
Bowser's Airship
Galaxy Tours
Luigi's Mansion

Seems to cover most all Mario characters.

Peach
Mario
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Luigi
I like all of these stages, but I'm not sure how Dry Desert would cover Mario. Wouldn't something like a SMB3 or a SMB64 stage do him more justice?
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Over this scene. Goin to watch some Yu Yu Hakosho. Night.
That show is awesome. Glad to see that there are quite a few Yu Yu Hakusho fan out here.
BlazingKatakiri said:
Mega Man Classic, & Mega Man .EXE are the only characters they could even pitch to Sakurai.
What about Mega Man X? People have wanted X in fighting games for years and while I don't think we'll be getting him, there's always that chance that Capcom could pull a shocker and make him playable. I believe there was a lot of demand for him back in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, so you never known.

Volnutt is also possible since he has appeared in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars and if the game doesn't meet the axe, Mega Man Legends 3 as well. The only one that I think for sure isn't coming is the Star Force version, which nobody cares for. That said, the Classic version is by far the most likely.
~Eryth~ said:
My suggestion is look at any new affiliations that Nintendo is making in the near future. I believe they said that Nintendo and Electronic Arts were attempting a better campaign with each others. I would say look at EA prominent titles that will likely work its way onto the Wii U, then think of characters that "fit" into the smash world.
I wouldn't count of us getting EA Sports characters in the game as the chances of that happening is very poor.
swift9 said:
I really like Sonic characters more than any other characters for other series. I think that sega should get two more slots. For either Tails, knuckles, or Shadow. I would want shadow or knuckles in more than tails. Tails does not have any fighting moves like that. Megaman will be a fine character to add to SSB.4. I hope they add him. I read a article on the internet saying that it had other characters in brawl that were not finished. The characters are pulse and minin, tails and two other characters.
What?

- Sonic most certainly don't deserve a second or third playable slot in the game when it can be used for other third-party characters more deserving like Mega Man.

- The characters planned were Mewtwo, Roy, Pra & Mai, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Sheik, and Dr. Mario (Possible alternative costume). It helps their chance, but the fact that another character wasn't even considered doesn't help Tail, Shadow, or Knuckles chances.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Do you think we're going to get a "WTF" character in SSB4? Ness was SSB's "WTF" character, Melee had Mr. Game & Watch, and Brawl had Snake (Nobody saw him coming).
If SSB1 had a so called WTF character, it's Jigglypuff. If Ness was one, we could say Marth and Roy are WTF characters too.

But it's hard to consider any SSB1 character "wtf character".

D

Deleted member

SSBF re: that first line. No. ROB was. Snake is practically the reason we got Brawl in the first place.
A few people on the Nsider forum predicted R.O.B. would make it. No one expected that Snake would be in the game, period, because we thought third-party character would never be in the game.
If SSB1 had a so called WTF character, it's Jigglypuff. If Ness was one, we could say Marth and Roy are WTF characters too.

But it's hard to consider any SSB1 character "wtf character".
Why Jigglypuff? Earthbound had almost no fan base back in the day and barely anyone cared about it. Pokemon was a huge franchise back in the day and Jigglypuff was among the most popular for his appearance in the anime. As such, of course they would add him in.

Also, while Roy could be considered one, Marth is not a "WTF" character. People wanted him in and we got him. Look back at shortiecanbrawl's post and you'll see that quite a few people wanted him.

That show is awesome. Glad to see that there are quite a few Yu Yu Hakusho fan out here.
Yu Yu Hakusho is awesome. Everyone in the show is hax and skillz. Yosuke at the end of the show can destroy half of japan :awesome:
I wouldn't count of us getting EA Sports characters in the game as the chances of that happening is very poor.
I think he meant another EA character but I still doubt it.

Tigerwoods in SSB? Wtf...
- Sonic most certainly don't deserve a second or third playable slot in the game when it can be used for other third-party characters more deserving like Mega Man.
I'm not sure about Sonic being cut. He was a HUGE demand by a lot of fans. The part that makes me think Sonic won't be in SSB 4 is the fact that he's a "guest" character.

Snake... Maybe the power of FRIENDSHIP and begging will help him. Lulz.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Why Jigglypuff? Earthbound had almost no fan base back in the day and barely anyone cared about it. Pokemon was a huge franchise back in the day and Jigglypuff was among the most popular for his appearance in the anime. As such, of course they would add him in.

Also, while Roy could be considered one, Marth is not a "WTF" character. People wanted him in and we got him. Look back at shortiecanbrawl's post and you'll see that quite a few people wanted him.
My opinion is that SSB1 had no WTF characters. Ness could be considered one, but in a bit touted way. After all, Mother sold well enough in Japan to get a sequel.

Marth didn't have any appearance in America before SSBM. I don't think he's a WTF character, but going by this logic, he could be called one outside Japan.

D

Deleted member

berserker01 said:
I'm not sure about Sonic being cut. He was a HUGE demand by a lot of fans. The part that makes me think Sonic won't be in SSB 4 is the fact that he's a "guest" character.
I never said Sonic should be cut (He should definitely stay); just that Sonic just needs well... Sonic.

splat

Smash Lord
Some things I'd like to say about Bowser Jr:

Okay first of all, Bowser Jr. may be the second main antagonist of the Mario universe. So? Does that make him have a better chance over Toad. Toad has appeared in the first Mario and several other Mario titles and spin-offs. He even had his own game Wario Woods. He's also popular in japan as one of the most favorite video game characters 2009-2010, along with Jr. he's one of the characters that need their own spin-off. If popularity isn't enough then just mind how iconic and important he is. He is one of the most celebrated characters in the 25th Mario anniversary. If you think Toad is irrelevant then you're wrong but relevance DOES NOT matter. This might be a restatement of another post...

Please... Before saying Bowser Jr. over Toad, please read this. If it's your opinion then don't read. It's not meant for you to read. It's only for the people who wouldn't think Toad won't be in SSB plus they support junior. The only way to counter Toad's access is to state that Mario will most likely have 4 reps like pokemon (Technically 7) which means denying both Toad and Jr.
We know that you really like to see Toad appear in Smash. Some people just don't. I have read both the links in your signature, and I am still not convinced. Maybe it's a mere matter of personal preference, but I'd personally put Bowser Jr. in before Toad.

I see Toad as a character that is too common, too generic. It's the average human sculpted in such a way that it would fit the Mario universe. Almost every character in the game has a well defined flavor, and I just don't really see such a flavor when I look at Toad. Almost every character is unique in it's kind, Toad isn't. They're, as said, the generic townsfolk of the Mushroom Kingdom. Even Yoshi, who comes from the same series and is just as generic as Toad (according to the link in your signature) has a well-distinct flavor: An egg-laying dinosaur with a giant, sticky tongue vs. A small mushroom-man with more strength.
Because of his generic feel (again, that is how I see it) it would really need a lot of work to come up with a move-set that isn't either boring, cliché or too far-fetched. Yoshi had enough flavor to come up with a set that I think is really nice.

I'm not denying their importance to the series, because I can't. All that I'm saying is that I don't like him because I feel there's not enough flavor to the character that is Toad. If there had been a particular Toad from day one, who was a tad different from the rest of his species, I would've loved to see him make his appearance - now I'm just like indifferent towards him. Toadsworth, for example, is one of those Toads who actually is a bit different from the rest. I'd actually think he'd be quite a nice addition to Smash.

In conclusion, here's who I feel should be the fifth Mario rep:
Bowser Jr. > Toadsworth > Toad > Paper Mario > Anything else.

I'd love to see you reply to me, I'd like a nice discussion on Toad, Bowser Jr. and Toadsworth (call me mad, I'd actually love to see a playable Toadsworth!).

Just a sidenote, hope I don't sound nitpicky, you miscalculated Pokémon's rep, Pikachu, Jiggs, Lucario and PT (Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard) make up for 4/6 characters, not 4/7, as PT doesn't have a move-set :) If we'd actually count them as 6 characters rather than 4, we'd have enough room for both Bowser Jr. and Toad(sworth).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
A few people on the Nsider forum predicted R.O.B. would make it. No one expected that Snake would be in the game, period, because we thought third-party character would never be in the game.
Ness had a pretty big fanbase in JP. So no. 64 wasn't even going to be released in NA, so he wasn't a WTF character at all.

But neither is Jiggs. I would say Falcon is. He was a racecar driver.

refugee

Smash Journeyman

Yeah no one expected Snake in the game... until the first trailer revealed that he was 2 years before the game got released. I agree, Jigglypuff couldn't of been a WTF character because how popular Pokemon was at the time and she always made an occasional appearance in the Pokemon episodes. I think Roy was especially a big WTF character because his game didn't even come out before Melee was released. However, I think the spot still goes to Mr. G&W.

EDIT: Yeah Captain Falcon is definitely the WTF character for SSB. A race car driver? What the heck would he be able to do? :p

editing in process....
Quoted :awesome:
I never said Sonic should be cut (He should definitely stay); just that Sonic just needs well... Sonic.
My bad for the misunderstanding.
We know that you really like to see Toad appear in Smash. I see Toad as a character that is too common, too generic. It's the average human sculpted in such a way that it would fit the Mario universe. Almost every character in the game has a well defined flavor, and I just don't really see such a flavor when I look at Toad. Almost every character is unique in it's kind, Toad isn't. They're, as said, the generic townsfolk of the Mushroom Kingdom. Even Yoshi, who comes from the same series and is just as generic as Toad (according to the link in your signature) has a well-distinct flavor: An egg-laying dinosaur with a giant, sticky tongue vs. A small mushroom-man with more strength.
Because of his generic feel (again, that is how I see it) it would really need a lot of work to come up with a move-set that isn't either boring, cliché or too far-fetched. Yoshi had enough flavor to come up with a set that I think is really nice.

I'm not denying their importance to the series, because I can't. All that I'm saying is that I don't like him because I feel there's not enough flavor to the character that is Toad. If there had been a particular Toad from day one, who was a tad different from the rest of his species, I would've loved to see him make his appearance - now I'm just like indifferent towards him. Toadsworth, for example, is one of those Toads who actually is a bit different from the rest. I'd actually think he'd be quite a nice addition to Smash. I'd love to see you reply to me, I'd like a nice discussion on Toad, Bowser Jr. and Toadsworth (call me mad, I'd actually love to see a playable Toadsworth!).
Not unique?

Toad is unique. If you didn't know, the Toad I'm talking about is the royal captain of the guard toads of Peach. He's not a generic townsfolk. It's only his looks that make him look generic but in truth, he is unique. He has superhuman strength and has the ability to use mushrooms as a shield, attack or recovery as seen in Smash Bros and Sports Mix. Bowser Jr. is basically Bowser with a high voice, smaller size and he has the same attitude. His abilities are the same to. What's so unique about that? Toad is a superhuman thing/human/anthropomorphic character that can run up walls. Toadsworth.... Meh. It'd be cool but he only appeared in the following games:

- Mario and Luigi 1,2 and 3.
- Mario Sunshine
- Paper Mario

and some other spin-offs. Most of them had him not playable. At least Toad was playable in Mario Party and Mario Tennis.

Edit: I'm not the only one who wants Toad in you know :)

The poll in melee is proof. Ignore Banjo and 007.

Edit 2: I support Bowser Jr. Don't get the wrong idea

Since Splats not here, time for more suggestions...

I forgot about Slime >_< !

1st Mega Man
2nd Ryu
3rd Ryu Hayabusa
4th Slime

Changes in moveset:

Luigi:
Neutral special - Lightning with some lightning in it. I guess. It was shown that he uses thunder in Mario Strikers so I guess. I'm not so sure about this but I think it's a cool idea. It works like flamethrower except it's lightning.

Down special - Poltergust. It can either blow or suck the enemy or items.

Mario:
Downward special - Mario Tornado

Ganondorf
Neutral Special - Lightning balls/lightning shots (The ones from OoT)
Forward special - Flame choke
Downward special - Dark flame

Zelda
Forward B - Din's fire can be turned either into a bomb or projectile.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Guys as much as I want to have buttsecks with Knuckles and Soluadow, I rather See alEggplant in the game over those too, cause it only makes sense. And I think we need a Fire Emblem Villian for crying out loud, finally someone as epic as Ganon will show up. And what about Isaac, and Felix for Golden Sun? Matthew would be like another Falco; while Felix is more like Wolf. And OMG Alex from Golden Sun would make the perfect villain!

:phone:

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
sonic should stay, most definitly, im only concerned about his down and side specials. hopefully they changed that into something useful

as for toad and boswer jr, i think they both should be in. i always wanted a team battle of bowser and his son against mario and luigi or maybe peach and toad

splat

Smash Lord
Not unique?

Toad is unique. If you didn't know, the Toad I'm talking about is the royal captain of the guard toads of Peach. He's not a generic townsfolk. It's only his looks that make him look generic but in truth, he is unique. He has superhuman strength and has the ability to use mushrooms as a shield, attack or recovery as seen in Smash Bros and Sports Mix. Bowser Jr. is basically Bowser with a high voice, smaller size and he has the same attitude. His abilities are the same to. What's so unique about that? Toad is a superhuman thing/human/anthropomorphic character that can run up walls. Toadsworth.... Meh. It'd be cool but he only appeared in the following games:

- Mario and Luigi 1,2 and 3.
- Mario Sunshine
- Paper Mario

and some other spin-offs. Most of them had him not playable. At least Toad was playable in Mario Party and Mario Tennis.

Edit: I'm not the only one who wants Toad in you know :)

The poll in melee is proof. Ignore Banjo and 007.

Edit 2: I support Bowser Jr. Don't get the wrong idea

One of these three Toads is the royal captain of the guards of Peach. One of them runs a clothing store in Toad Town. One of them is a stay-home-father. Who is who?
Even while I'm trying to bring this jokingly, it's actually a point I'm trying to make. Most people will recognize a green Yoshi as the Yoshi, Mario's friend, as other Yoshi's are usually portrayed in different colors. If Nintendo had portrayed most of the Toads in colors different from the Toad that accompanies Mario it'd be different, there would be a Toad that could be considered the Toad, rather than it being a Toad.

When I looked at the move-set in your signature his special moves felt kind of awkward. For all of his specials he uses items. I don't think he ever used an Ice Flower, did he? The Kart feels really out of place in my opinion and it seems a bit of a copy from Wario's side special. I couldn't quite understand his down special, and for his up special I'd much rather see his charged jump from Super Mario Bros 2 :) His other moves actually seem quite nice. I'd like to try and come with some specials myself, and see if I like him better after.

I know you're not the only one who wants Toad, I've seen other posts and I've seen the poll (I nearly soaked myself when I saw James Bond, and nearly soaked myself again when I saw James Bond on the Brawl list as well), but I'm also sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want Toad. I'd like to see if you can change my mind on Toad.

Toadsworth is still awesome and I hope he gets a bigger role in the Mario games of the future.

Last but not least, Bowser Jr. is actually quite different from Bowser.
Jr. cannot breathe fire (as far as I know) and his claws aren't fully grown yet. He has to come up with a different way to battle, for which he usually uses the staff he got in Sunshine, and, looking at most Mario sports games, uses a lot of paint. I think we could give him a nice move-set that would be very different from Bowser :)

Since Splats not here,
D:

Changes in moveset:

Luigi:
Neutral special - Lightning with some lightning in it. I guess. It was shown that he uses thunder in Mario Strikers so I guess. I'm not so sure about this but I think it's a cool idea. It works like flamethrower except it's lightning.

Down special - Poltergust. It can either blow or suck the enemy or items.

Mario:
Downward special - Mario Tornado

Ganondorf
Neutral Special - Lightning balls/lightning shots (The ones from OoT)
Forward special - Flame choke
Downward special - Dark flame

Zelda
Forward B - Din's fire can be turned either into a bomb or projectile.
Luigi's B is nice, he uses lightning in newer games opposed to Mario's fire.
Mario Tornado should be back indeed.
Never played OoT, what do Ganondorf's moves do?

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
Hm, I personally think that if square enix does get a rep in SSB4, it should be Terra Branford. Think about it. She actually appeared as a major character in a Final Fantasy that was on a nintendo system. Not to mention she's a female so that's a plus for all you people who want to fill the status quo. I might not be very big on final fantasy, but isn't VI considered to be one of the fan favorites?

One of these three Toads is the royal captain of the guards of Peach. One of them runs a clothing store in Toad Town. One of them is a stay-home-father. Who is who?
Even while I'm trying to bring this jokingly, it's actually a point I'm trying to make. Most people will recognize a green Yoshi as the Yoshi, Mario's friend, as other Yoshi's are usually portrayed in different colors. If Nintendo had portrayed most of the Toads in colors different from the Toad that accompanies Mario it'd be different, there would be a Toad that could be considered the Toad, rather than it being a Toad.

When I looked at the move-set in your signature his special moves felt kind of awkward. For all of his specials he uses items. I don't think he ever used an Ice Flower, did he? The Kart feels really out of place in my opinion and it seems a bit of a copy from Wario's side special. I couldn't quite understand his down special, and for his up special I'd much rather see his charged jump from Super Mario Bros 2 :) His other moves actually seem quite nice. I'd like to try and come with some specials myself, and see if I like him better after.

I know you're not the only one who wants Toad, I've seen other posts and I've seen the poll (I nearly soaked myself when I saw James Bond, and nearly soaked myself again when I saw James Bond on the Brawl list as well), but I'm also sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want Toad. I'd like to see if you can change my mind on Toad.

Toadsworth is still awesome and I hope he gets a bigger role in the Mario games of the future.

Last but not least, Bowser Jr. is actually quite different from Bowser.
Jr. cannot breathe fire (as far as I know) and his claws aren't fully grown yet. He has to come up with a different way to battle, for which he usually uses the staff he got in Sunshine, and, looking at most Mario sports games, uses a lot of paint. I think we could give him a nice move-set that would be very different from Bowser :)
Bowser Jr. can breathe fire as seen in NSMB Wii

Using the same color Toad ey? How about you check out the melee trailer and see how many green yoshis are there.

Toad was in the following games:
The red Toad in Mario Sunshine
The captain of the Toad Brigade in Mario Galaxy
Toad in Wario Woods
Toad in the many spin-offs of Mario

and more

About the moveset... That's my personal preference. Ice flower has been used by Toad already in NSMB Wii, friendly bob-omb was from Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 64. It's just that I mixed it with the bomb in SMB 2. The kart was also my general opinion. I still have other choices like star bit or mushroom charge (It works like how the mushrooms work in Mario Kart.) The grab game is based on his ability in SMB 2.
Hm, I personally think that if square enix does get a rep in SSB4, it should be Terra Branford. Think about it. She actually appeared as a major character in a Final Fantasy that was on a nintendo system. Not to mention she's a female so that's a plus for all you people who want to fill the status quo. I might not be very big on final fantasy, but isn't VI considered to be one of the fan favorites?
Don't get your hopes up but if they do and they'd have to pick among the protagonist of the main FF saga, it'd have to be Terra. FF VI is considered the best FF game ever made by fans and most gaming websites (IGN, Game radar).
o_o '
Never played OoT, what do Ganondorf's moves do?
I'm too lazy to google the picture. It's better if you watch the video

Edit: FF VI is better than VII. I speak da truth

splat

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr. can breathe fire as seen in NSMB Wii

Using the same color Toad ey? How about you check out the melee trailer and see how many green yoshis are there.

About the moveset... That's my personal preference. Ice flower has been used by Toad already in NSMB Wii, friendly bob-omb was from Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 64. It's just that I mixed it with the bomb in SMB 2. The kart was also my general opinion. I still have other choices like star bit or mushroom charge (It works like how the mushrooms work in Mario Kart.) The grab game is based on his ability in SMB 2.
Really? He breathes fire? I should get my Wii back from my Dad, so I can get NSMB.

I completely forgot about the Melee trailer, but still, I regard the green Yoshi as the Yoshi, but that's apparently personal.

Oh well, we'll see if he makes it. He deserves it appearance-wise, I guess I just don't like the character. Not a crime, is it?

Really? He breathes fire? I should get my Wii back from my Dad, so I can get NSMB.

I completely forgot about the Melee trailer, but still, I regard the green Yoshi as the Yoshi, but that's apparently personal.

Oh well, we'll see if he makes it. He deserves it appearance-wise, I guess I just don't like the character. Not a crime, is it?
It's not a crime.

It's just that I find no reason to deny Toad in SSB. Asides from the 4 rep limit which denies both Toad and Jr. It's cool

Sort of. Well Mario had five reps at melee but Dr. Mario was a clone. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 8 reps lol.

That goes for pokemon also. It is 4 but including transformations, it's 7.

Luigi's lightning could work like the red castle crasher's lightning except it gets smaller overtime

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I do agree with the female rep thing, Smash definetly needs more female representation, some that come to mind are:

Medusa from Kid Icarus
Caeda from Fire Emblem
Toon Zelda ( with different moveset)

eh... Pretty much it, I don't support Daisy or Rosalina as they aren't unique enough and Krystal is not popular enough.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Being a huge final fantasy fan, I do agree FF6 is one of the best. That being said, like I said a few pages back with Cloud, Terra too belongs in Final Fantasy Dissidia with the other FF protagonists. Plus she's not the best FF protagonist. Yes she appeared on the SNES, but the series has completely moved away from Nintendo.

I do agree with the female rep thing, Smash definetly needs more female representation, some that come to mind are:

Medusa from Kid Icarus
Caeda from Fire Emblem
Toon Zelda ( with different moveset)

eh... Pretty much it, I don't support Daisy or Rosalina as they aren't unique enough and Krystal is not popular enough.

I'm not sure if Toon Zelda will appear. I think Young Link will get in since he's having another game in the 3DS.

Medusa has the potential to get in and I'm part of the people who want her in. (She looks human :awesome:)

I never supported Daisy or Rosalina. Daisy didn't appear in much games except spin-offs and adding Rosalina is like adding Fawful.

Who the heck is Caeda?

Being a huge final fantasy fan, I do agree FF6 is one of the best. That being said, like I said a few pages back with Cloud, Terra too belongs in Final Fantasy Dissidia with the other FF protagonists. Plus she's not the best FF protagonist. Yes she appeared on the SNES, but the series has completely moved away from Nintendo.
Personally I think she's my favorite protagonist. Cloud isn't interesting. He's just typical emo or degraded guy that tries to look cool. Nothing interesting about that. The series did move away from nintendo (Rumors though said that one of the main sagas of FF are getting in the Wii U), the characters who appeared in the nintendo consoles such as the SNES stand a better chance of getting in than Cloud.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt a square enix rep will get in. I'm only assured of Mega Man getting in.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's not a crime.

It's just that I find no reason to deny Toad in SSB. Asides from the 4 rep limit which denies both Toad and Jr. It's cool
Melee had 5 Mario characters! Brawl has six Pokémon! :O

Personally I think she's my favorite protagonist. Cloud isn't interesting. He's just typical emo or degraded guy that tries to look cool. Nothing interesting about that. The series did move away from nintendo (Rumors though said that one of the main sagas of FF are getting in the Wii U), the characters who appeared in the nintendo consoles such as the SNES stand a better chance of getting in than Cloud.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt a square enix rep will get in. I'm only assured of Mega Man getting in.
*coughDragonQuestcough*

Not even saying it has to be Slime (though he'd be the likeliest choice). It can also be one of the series heroes, or the latest from 10. We could use a good magical sword user.

Four rep limit??

How do you know this, I am confused over this! Please enlighten me.

It's not really a rule.

Melee had five reps but then again, what makes me confused is that doctor mario is a clone.

Pokemon had 4 reps but the truth is that there are more than 4 pokemons. It has something to do with the character select.

I'm not sure if it's a rule but then again, it makes a little sense.
*coughDragonQuestcough*

Not even saying it has to be Slime (though he'd be the likeliest choice). It can also be one of the series heroes, or the latest from 10. We could use a good magical sword user.

I keep forgetting about Slime. I even play as him along with Toad.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Berserker

We have six playable Pokemon in Brawl. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario. Not seven.

Still, I find it interesting how SSB64 had 2 Pokemon, Melee had 4 Pokemon, Brawl had 6 Pokemon... so maybe SSB4 might have 8 Pokemon.

1-3) Pokemon Trainer (1st gen, 2nd gen, 5th gen, don't care which)
4) Pikachu
5) Jigglypuff
6) Meowth
7) Mewtwo
8) Zoroark

That would be nice. :bee:

Alright, well you see Meowth has had a trend, he first appeared in SSB64, absent in Melee, but it was suggested that he would return therefore appeared in Brawl once again as a Pokeball item due to popularity and fan request, what does this mean? Possible consideration, I'm not completly supporting the fact that he will make the roster but does have a chance indeed, there's no denying it, and well just like Charizard, he got upgraded, I don't see why Meowth wouldn't be as well, given if he has a bigger demand that is.
Meowth! That's right! :awesome:

If Meowth had gotten a bit more support now instead of everyone focusing their support towards Mewtwo for being cut and Zoroark/Victini for being a movie rep, I would feel more confident about Meowth's chances of being in SSB4. Not to mention that a lot of people stopped supporting Charizard after they fell in love with Blaziken and look who got in Brawl...

TBone06

Smash Ace

Yeah I can agree with that. Personally I thought there were a number of protagonists better than Terra, but that might be because it didn't really feel like she was the main person in it. In 4 Cecil was clearly the main character and the 3 for PS1 are clearly the mains, but I didn't get that feel with Terra. That being said however I do think she stands a greater chance than Cloud as well. And you are right, Megaman really is the only logical third party choice.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
Still, I find it interesting how SSB64 had 2 Pokemon, Melee had 4 Pokemon, Brawl had 6 Pokemon... so maybe SSB4 might have 8 Pokemon.

1-3) Pokemon Trainer (1st gen, 2nd gen, 5th gen, don't care which)
4) Pikachu
5) Jigglypuff
6) Meowth
7) Mewtwo
8) Zoroark

That would be nice.
I would love to see this. Unfortunately, I can only really see two newcomers come in and as such, five slots, which I would be fine with (Four would be disappointing, especially if Zoroark gets in).

I'm not sure if Sakurai realized he made some pattern of some sort. I doubt he knows but if he knows about it, I doubt he follows those numbers and some other useless rules we posted such as relevance.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm not sure if Toon Zelda will appear. I think Young Link will get in since he's having another game in the 3DS.

Medusa has the potential to get in and I'm part of the people who want her in. (She looks human :awesome:)

I never supported Daisy or Rosalina. Daisy didn't appear in much games except spin-offs and adding Rosalina is like adding Fawful.

Who the heck is Caeda?
We can pretty much expect Young Link form OOT3D which I'm actaully hoping for, I just like the way he looks that's all.

As for Caeda:

the one on the right is her :awesome:

She appeared in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, she wields a spear which definetly makes her unique in regards to weapon usage unlike the tiring cast of sword users.

She is Marth's love interest as well, aka his wife

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Who the heck is Caeda?
That's Caeda, she plays more or less Marth's second-in-command, considering how she's very useful in recruiting allies to Marth's side. She is a Pegasus Knight who fights with a lance.

EDIT: took out the pic since Omega beat me to it. :awesome:

Don't forget Palutena... she's the second-most important character after Pit in the Kid Icarus series. There is a good chance we could get both Palutena and Medusa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom