• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
i suspect the new roster would be 5x10, 50 characters or 49 characters including random selection, no more than 5 3rd party members: GnW, Snake, Sonic, Megaman, and ?, and what about fighting with your mii. you can customize your move sets using other character's attack. Kind of like in Mortal Kombat.

@Fatmanoice: I like that idea. Under stage builder, there would be two or more selections: regular, target, etc. in Target,, you could put how many you want, (max 20), obstacles and other stuff to make it fun or challenging.

i also have this idea for minigames, feel free to criticize, what if there was a mini golf game where you would hit the ball into the hole, or maybe a soccer game, using the item from brawl, the goalie would be able to reflect the ball. We could have something like capture the flag where its 2v2 one protects the flag and the other retrieves the flag, or maybe a free for all capturing the most smash balls, or you have to keep the smash ball for 30 seconds without loosing it in order to activate it and win the game. you could only die from the final smash, nothing else

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Why would nintendo suddenly cut a character that has been with the series since the first game ...? They wouldn't.
because they nearly cut said character in Melee but the guy to replace him had his game cancelled.

not to say I want him gone, i'm just saying he's not as safe as everyone thinks he is.

on a side note, I saw this comment when surfin AiB the other day.

Each Smash Bros. has added two more than the total number of newcomers added in the previous Smash Bros. SSB64 had 12 characters, then Melee added 14 newcomers(14 is 2 more than 12), and Brawl added 16 newcomers(16 is 2 more than 14). If this pattern keeps up, the next game should have 18 new characters.
they have a point.

User33

Smash Journeyman
i suspect the new roster would be 5x10, 50 characters or 49 characters including random selection, no more than 5 3rd party members: GnW, Snake, Sonic, Megaman, and ?, and what about fighting with your mii. you can customize your move sets using other character's attack. Kind of like in Mortal Kombat.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment. 42-44 character slots is much more realistic.

refugee

Smash Journeyman

@Fatmanoice: I like that idea. Under stage builder, there would be two or more selections: regular, target, etc. in Target,, you could put how many you want, (max 20), obstacles and other stuff to make it fun or challenging.

i also have this idea for minigames, feel free to criticize, what if there was a mini golf game where you would hit the ball into the hole, or maybe a soccer game, using the item from brawl, the goalie would be able to reflect the ball. We could have something like capture the flag where its 2v2 one protects the flag and the other retrieves the flag, or maybe a free for all capturing the most smash balls, or you have to keep the smash ball for 30 seconds without loosing it in order to activate it and win the game. you could only die from the final smash, nothing else
I think 50 is a bit too much to expect (at least at the initial release). I expect there to be 4 3rd party characters at the most. I think the Mii would better work out as a AT. More customization would be good and I think your "minigames" should be considered modes instead. Also, I actually made a custom stage in SSBB for a soccer game and despite there being multiple soccer balls on the field it was fun! :D

because they nearly cut said character in Melee but the guy to replace him had his game cancelled.

not to say I want him gone, i'm just saying he's not as safe as everyone thinks he is.

they have a point.
Yeah but the character he was going to be replaced with is now in SSBB alongside him.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

they have a point.

Well, it wouldn't make sense for them to chop out the veterans now, this far into the series that is. Plus, around here at least, there's a pretty big Ness fan-following.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yea having the roster clock in at a big 50 is something i can see happening. Especially if you take into account the characters sakurai cut from melee and the missing data files that were found with characters like plusle and minun and dixie kong. Then add into the mix probably 1-2 more 3rd parties particularly megaman being one of those 2. The other imo for 3rd party would have to be bomber-man. He would fit pretty well in smash although he'd be very projectile based. I also don't see any of the cast not being included because of the factor of DLC most likely being able to be performed on the new system so if a character doesn't make it for launch there always a chance they would be added as a DLC character. and mii's would be very interesting to see in smash. Although how would they be allowed in tourneys? especially if they are customizable? someone would eventually create the most broken mii/ character in the game sorta speak by giving them moves. If the miis take moves from the gmes they've starred in that would be fine but it's kinda hard to picture them in smash but at the same time it makes alot of sense. IDk anymore :S

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
i agree, the 12 veterans from the n64, including ness, are pretty much set for any smash bros game. kind of like plot protection in movies, they have smash protection Lol

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
yea having the roster clock in at a big 50 is something i can see happening. Especially if you take into account the characters sakurai cut from melee and the missing data files that were found with characters like plusle and minun and dixie kong. Then add into the mix probably 1-2 more 3rd parties particularly megaman being one of those 2. The other imo for 3rd party would have to be bomber-man. He would fit pretty well in smash although he'd be very projectile based. I also don't see any of the cast not being included because of the factor of DLC most likely being able to be performed on the new system so if a character doesn't make it for launch there always a chance they would be added as a DLC character. and mii's would be very interesting to see in smash. Although how would they be allowed in tourneys? especially if they are customizable? someone would eventually create the most broken mii/ character in the game sorta speak by giving them moves. If the miis take moves from the gmes they've starred in that would be fine but it's kinda hard to picture them in smash but at the same time it makes alot of sense. IDk anymore :S
Missing data files that found plusle minun and dixie kong? Can you PM me a link to that? I'm curious :3. I am not one for too too much DLC... Maybe a few stages, and some new costumes for characters, but not entirely new characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Fatmanonice

I would cite The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (2003) for Sheik and Mother 1+2 (2003) for Ness. Out of the whole roster in Brawl, only Marth was truly irrelevant in the 21st century. Of course, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon changed that. :awesome:

This is a well-done list you did, I applaud you for that because it clearly shows how being relevant to Nintendo AFTER Melee came out and JUST BEFORE development for Brawl starts usually help a character get in Brawl.

I am pretty sure the same holds true for characters who are relevant to Nintendo AFTER Brawl came out and JUST BEFORE development for SSB4 starts. That's why I believe the following potential newcomers have a chance now:

Bowser Jr. - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009) and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
Caeda - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (2008) and Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem (2010)
Isa - Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (2009)
Little Mac - Captain Rainbow (2008) and Punch-Out!! (2009)
Matthew - Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (2010)
Medusa - Kid Icarus: Uprising (2011 or 2012?)
Mii - Pilotwings Resort (2011) and New Super Mario Bros. Mii (2012?)
Palutena - Kid Icarus: Uprising (2011 or 2012?)
Paper Mario - Paper Mario 3DS (2012?)
Ridley - Metroid: Other M (2010)
Starfy - The Legendary Starfy (2008)
Takamaru - Captain Rainbow (2008) and Samurai Warriors 3 (2009)
Tingle - Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love (2009)
Toad - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009) and New Super Mario Bros. Mii (2012?)

As for the Pokemon...

Meowth - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon [WiiWare] (2009) and Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (2009)
Mewtwo - Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (2009)
Pichu - Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (2009) and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (2010)
Pokemon Trainer (2nd gen) - Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (2009)
Pokemon Trainer (5th gen) - Pokemon Black & White (2010)
Victini - Pokemon Black & White (2010)
Zoroark - Pokemon Black & White (2010)

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
Wow I haven't visited this forum since brawl came out. So glad the series is continuing, and this time it will be on a portable system as well.

I don't have a 3ds yet but I plan on getting 1 when some of the e3 titles get releases and the price goes down. If the wii u version looks different enough I might buy a wii u as well. I wonder if they will be any major differences in characters and such between versions. I can't wait to hang around here close to release and hear all about the "prophets" and roster guesses again.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
I figured the miis WONT ever be used in tourneys, only used for fun, unless theres a tournament desgined to show the best fighting mii out there then yeah.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
i agree, the 12 veterans from the n64, including ness, are pretty much set for any smash bros game. kind of like plot protection in movies, they have smash protection Lol
I think you mean The Artifact. To some, they aren't all that relevant (hate this argument), but removing them would cause too much backlash and/or it just wouldn't be the same.

Despite that a lot of people want Banjo-Kazooie and think they're a perfect fit, they're stuck in Microsoft's dungeon making casual games.

dengel

Smash Cadet
Where in n64 did Banjo-Kazooie appear?

EDIT: oh thought you meant on smash bros n64

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think that Nintendo could legally add Banjo-Kazooie for SSB4?
Higly unlikely since Rare is owned by Microsoft now (which includes Banjo-K). Maybe the 3DS version since Microsoft doesn't have a handheld and Rare has made some games for the DS in the past?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I figured the miis WONT ever be used in tourneys, only used for fun, unless theres a tournament desgined to show the best fighting mii out there then yeah.
I really like this idea. I really do!

Classic Tourney Mode for Nintendo/third-party characters with only one Mii that comes with a default moveset based on Wii Sports games and possibly Pilotwings Resort

Mii Tourney Mode for Miis where we show off our Miis with customized movesets.

dengel

Smash Cadet
I'm just hoping Microsoft sees how big of a fail their Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts game was and sell BK back to Nintendo or something.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Solo Mode adjustments recommended...

Classic Mode

Classic Mode should revert back to how it operated in Melee, but with some various additions...

Stage 1: 1 vs. 1
Stage 2: 2 vs. 2
Stage 3: Multi-Man Battle (x10)
Bonus 1: Target Smash
Stage 4: 1 vs. 1
Stage 5: 3 vs. 1 (giant)
Stage 6: Multi-Man Battle (x15)
Bonus 2: Platform Jump (AKA: Board the Platforms)
Stage 7: 1 vs. 1
Stage 8: Multi-Man Battle (x20)
Stage 9: 1 vs. 1 (metal)
Bonus 3: Race to the Finish!
Stage 10: Fighting Alloy Team (x30)
Stage 11: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 (Free-for-all)
Stage 12-1: Master Hand (all skill levels)
Stage 12-2: Master Hand & Crazy Hand (Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Intense only)

All opponents would be random, meaning no franchise orders or anything. Also, you never face the exact same character more than once; if you face Mario in stage 1, he will not be your opponent for the other stages. Your teammates from stage 2 and stage 5 can still end up as your opponents though.

Regarding Master Hand, you'd only face him on the Very Easy and Easy skill levels. If you're playing Normal, Hard, Very Hard, or Intense, however, Crazy Hand will appear if you reach stage 12 without continuing, and within 15 minutes.

Regarding the Intense difficulty level, it won't be available right off the bat. To unlock the Intense difficulty level, you'll have to complete the first 5 skill levels first. Fortunately, clearing the Intense difficulty level isn't mandatory, as it's merely a bonus difficulty level.

All-Star Mode

All-Star Mode should revert back to its Melee standards, by pitting you against all the fighters in random order. If 50 characters (no transformations included) are implemented, the stage setup would be as follows...

Stage 1-8: 1 vs. 1
Stage 9-16: 1 vs. 2
Stage 17-24: 1 vs. 3
Stage 25: 1 vs. 2 (x25 each)

Stage 25 would pit you against 25 Mr. Game & Watches and 25 R.O.B.s, meaning that those two will always be your final opponent. This would be a reference to the fact that the roster has 50 characters in it.

Regarding the Pokemon Trainer, you will have to KO all three of his Pokemon to defeat him, just like in Brawl's All-Star Mode. His starting Pokemon will be random though.

Also, just like in Melee's All-Star Mode, the opponents won't always stick with their default outfits; they'll use their recolors and/or their alternate outfits as well.

Lastly, just like with Classic Mode, you have to clear the first 5 skill levels - Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard - in order to unlock the Intense difficulty level.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Where in n64 did Banjo-Kazooie appear?

EDIT: oh thought you meant on smash bros n64
The fact you did not know that Banjo-Kazooie appeared in three N64 games and yet you suggested Banjo-Kazooie implies that you think that XBox characters who never appeared on Nintendo consoles could be in Smash.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
I really like this idea. I really do!

Classic Tourney Mode for Nintendo/third-party characters with only one Mii that comes with a default moveset based on Wii Sports games and possibly Pilotwings Resort

Mii Tourney Mode for Miis where we show off our Miis with customized movesets.
it could happen. the default mii could use the bat, golf club, tennis racket or maybe even a bowling ball as specials and fight using the boxing gloves. something along the lines of that

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I'm just hoping Microsoft sees how big of a fail their Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts game was and sell BK back to Nintendo or something.
Most likely won't happen so don't get your hopes up. There's is more of a chance that no more Banjo Kazooie games get developed along with what's left of Rare being broken up like Ensemble Studios.

The fact you did not know that Banjo-Kazooie appeared in three N64 games and yet you suggested Banjo-Kazooie implies that you think that XBox characters who never appeared on Nintendo consoles could be in Smash.
Read the edit you quoted.

dengel

Smash Cadet
As you can see in my edit... I thought he meant BK had an appearance in Super Smash Bros n64. And I don't mean as a character, I mean somewhere in the background or something.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not to get your hopes up but there are rumors that Microsoft is strongly considering letting go of RARE soon. This could mean the end of RARE though because after RARE went to Microsoft, nearly half of their staff left and RARE hasn't released a solidly good game since the N64. During the N64 days, RARE was like Elvis and now RARE is like the fat, drug addicted Elvis that died on the crapper.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Banjo-Kazooie isn't in the original SSB64, though that would have been awesome and Banjo-Kazooie was pretty damn relevant to Nintendo in the late 1990's. But sadly, that isn't the case today and we must move on.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Not to get your hopes up but there are rumors that Microsoft is strongly considering letting go of RARE soon. This could mean the end of RARE though because after RARE went to Microsoft, nearly half of their staff left and RARE hasn't released a solidly good game since the N64.
Kameo and Vivia Pianta are said to of been good. Nuts & Bolts is actually a pretty good game, just not a game that should of been part of the B-K franchise.

Banjo-Kazooie isn't in the original SSB64, though that would have been awesome and Banjo-Kazooie was pretty damn relevant to Nintendo in the late 1990's. But sadly, that isn't the case today and we must move on.
According to Rare, there were a bunch of trophies about their characters in Melee but they got taken out.

dengel

Smash Cadet
Not to get your hopes up but there are rumors that Microsoft is strongly considering letting go of RARE soon. This could mean the end of RARE though because after RARE went to Microsoft, nearly half of their staff left and RARE hasn't released a solidly good game since the N64. During the N64 days, RARE was like Elvis and now RARE is like the fat, drug addicted Elvis that died on the crapper.
That's interesting.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
it could happen. the default mii could use the bat, golf club, tennis racket or maybe even a bowling ball as specials and fight using the boxing gloves. something along the lines of that
From Wii Sports Resort you also has swords, Frisbees, and Parachutes (Recovery Up B). I really would like them to have a custom Mii character.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'd actually like to see Mii as a DLC character (assuming it's used for SSBU). He'd be fun to have, but I wouldn't really want him as part of the initial game seeing as how he'd take up a slot I'd like to possibly have for someone else.

Also I kinda hope they add Plusle+Minun into SSBU. I'd like another duo like IC's.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
From Wii Sports Resort you also has swords, Frisbees, and Parachutes (Recovery Up B). I really would like them to have a custom Mii character.
My only beef with a Mii character; it wouldn't fit properly in the smash universe stylistically. Everything else would look all... badass, and then a Mii. Derping about.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Higly unlikely since Rare is owned by Microsoft now (which includes Banjo-K). Maybe the 3DS version since Microsoft doesn't have a handheld and Rare has made some games for the DS in the past?
Nope, highly doubtful, think about it, since Iwata mentioned connectivity between both versions, how would an exclusive handheld character not be included? It just doesn't make sense.

Sadly, Banjo is beyond Nintendo and isn't anywhere near Nintendo's borderline for it to even be considered.

Sorry, but I'm just being realistic here.

:phone:

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
My only beef with a Mii character; it wouldn't fit properly in the smash universe stylistically. Everything else would look all... badass, and then a Mii. Derping about.
I know what you mean. the miis are all bland and boring looking. Maybe you could customize their looks too. copy not only the moveset of other characters but also some of their feature looks, like having pit's wings or masks or a cape or other noticable features

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A Mii kind of strikes me as another version of Mr. Game and Watch with the possibilities of its moveset being so open ended. Also, I kind of agree, with all the other characters in glorious HD, the Miis would look terrible.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Huh, almost a year later...the same arguments from the same people ensue. I miss this place.

Thino

Smash Master
don't forget they'd have to do them in high definition , plus it could be done MKW-style where the size/weight of the mii determines how it looks like

bulky *** full of muscles Mii anyone?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
don't forget they'd have to do them in high definition , plus it could be done MKW-style where the size/weight of the mii determines how it looks like

bulky *** full of muscles Mii anyone?
It's not their poly count or anything like that; just the general style of a Mii does not suit Brawl. Sure, they can change it, but then it'd just look like... a generic human male... That is necessary.

For the record: I didnt feel the Mii's fit in MKW either :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom