• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
There's no character more deserving of any kind of moveset change than Ganondorf.

D

Deleted member

If there's any character I want kicked off of Smash 4, it's Toon Link. Part of it is because I didn't really enjoy Wind Waker, but can't we get an original character with an original moveset? No matter how you cut it, Toon Link is still Link.
This is why I want Fierce Diety Link in SSB4 to replace Toon Link. Sadly, that's probably not going to happen, considering that he hasn't appeared in a game since The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. But yeah, wouldn't mind him going since Young/Toon Link are clones and is the most pointless character I've seen in the Super Smash Bros. series, next to Pichu and Dr. Mario. Eventually, Toon Link will be dealt with.
The only character I honestly see getting the boot is Lucario only because the 5th Generation is here and Zoroark fills the space all-too-well. Everybody else is still relevant except Captain Falcon and Ness but they have already been in three of the games so they have earned his keep. So far in the series, nobody who has appeared in the starting roster in a game has gotten cut and nobody who appeared in more than two games has been cut so that leaves us with only four characters that go against this: Snake, Sonic, Lucario, and Wolf. SEGA and Nintendo are still too buddy-buddy for Sonic to go anywhere, Snake Eater and possibly MGS5 are coming out for the 3DS so Snake should be good, and Wolf will, of course, be appearing in Star Fox 64 3DS so his relevance stays in-tact.
Technically, Toon Link counts. This can also go against R.O.B., who's only playable SSB appearance was this game. That leaves six potential characters to be cut and I see the order from most likely to least likely:

Lucario > Wolf > Toon Link > R.O.B. > Snake <=> Sonic.
Majora_787 said:
Ness was planned to be cut all the way back in Melee, and replaced by Lucas. We got Lucas in Brawl, but kept Ness. IF we keep Ness in SSB4, then he's gonna be around for good. I'd say he's the least likely of the five to get cut.

Pokemon Trainer, in order to swap him out for a newer remake. They might skip Generation 2 and go straight to Generation 3, if the remake comes out early enough in development.
- I don't think him planning to be cut in Melee is going to negatively affect his appearance in SSB4. He may appear as an unlockable again, but I think he's good to stay. If anyone gets the boot, it's Lucas, although to be fair, I don't see him going either.

- Ehh, I wouldn't consider that a removal, just a change in Pokemon's. I could care less if that happened or not, thought if we do get a different generation, make sure to take into consideration Unova Pokemon Trainer, also a likely replacement for the original.
Majora_787 said:
I would rather have K. Rool than yet ANOTHER pair mechanic. It's getting old, it really is.
King K. Rool will probably come to Smash 4. He should anyway.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
True, but that was the Kanto Pokemon Trainer; Red, from the FireRed/LeafGreen versions of Pokemon; 3rd generation titles.
That's like claiming someone using Pokémon from Gold/Silver is actually running a 4th-gen Pokémon trainer. Even so, Lucario was DPP, so that's still a full generation ahead of PT's lineup even according to your classification. Again, why Unova?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Screw all these 5th gens...

I want Mewtwo back, he was original unlike Lucario.

IC's need to be buffed a bit, otherwise, they are not worth
bringing back, of course this is all opinionated.

WW Link should be scrapped, replaced with Young Ling from OOT DS and Ganon should be more balanced, after seeing him in Brawl, it was horrible.

As for 3rd party characters, Sonic will most likely make a second appearance, why? Because of his inclusion in Nintendo exclusives such as Secret Rings, Black Knight, Colors, etc...

Also an Antigonist for Fire Emblem wouldn't hurt, we've only been getting Protagonist like Marth and Roy, I think either one Marth in this case could easily be replaced by the likes of Black Knight, Ashnard or any villIn from Radiant Dawn.

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Considering the most recent Fire Emblem game, and assuming we're not restricted to lords, I think Caeda would be a bit more likely than Lyn. Just saying. And either way, I'd rather have a lancer than another swordsman of some description.
OMG, Dude Fire Emblem is barely popular to include even main characters get in SSB and you are boldly suggesting Caeda....Caeda will never be included trust me when I tell you this ....and BTW SSB isn't Soul Calibur....it's not weapon based fighter it's just a fighting game sword,lance,axe....etc, IT DOESN'T MATTER....there are so many fist fighters.... did we complain...no...anyways I just wanted to show you that Swordmen or Lancemen = the same ****.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh. I'm pretty sure that she's just wearing shorter clothing so that she could actually play, kind of like how Peach, Daisy and Rosalina wear shorter clothing when riding a bike than a kart.
You do have a point there. Though I've never been crazy about the biker outfits.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Toon Link with a close second.

He has multiple gadgets from The Wind Waker that he could use to differentiate himself from adult Link.
But Toon Link is probably going to get cut. Why does it matter? :3

ANYWAY. Jokes aside.

Falco is more likely to be cut than Wolf, going off relevance. And again, WHY cut either? There's no point. =\

R.O.B. deserves respect. -_- He's important to gaming history, and is a unique character. Get off his back, will ya?

I dunno why they would cut Sonic and Snake unless they had to. I mean, Snake was a favor. And cutting Snake would be like, "I did you your favor now GTFO and don't come back." And Sonic got in on complete popularity. Cutting HIM would be like, "What? You got your Sonic D:< You didn't expect to KEEP the most popular 3rd party, did you?!"

<_< And seeing as how Pokemon Trainer getting cut for a new gen pokemon trainer is a moveset rehaul, it counts.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Zoroark is by far the lead choice of 5th Generation Pokemon. And its unique ability to transform would add a LOT of diversity to his moveset... More than any other Pokemon character we've had in SSB by far.

Who else would possibly be a better representation?
For one, Zoroark is not the lead choice. There are other characters as well; Victini, Genesect, that power ranger looking Pokémon and Meloa (or whatever her name is) are just as relevant at this junction. Technically that lantern Pokémon seems to be the most popular, but I don't really see us playing as a lantern...

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna say what I said during Brawl (Ah, good times) and that is that Mewtwo and Ridley should be in it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Only Zoroark is an event Pokemon. Lucario can be earned by hatching a Riolu egg received in-game, and evolving it.

Apart from that difference, along with how Riolu and Zorua evolve, the two are quite similar in many aspects.
By event Pokemon, I'm referring to Pokemon that are limited in the games but not legendary. For example, up until the 4th gen, eevee and snorlax were event pokemon. This also includes the starters.

Add in: Yikes... I completely forgot about ROB. As for Toon Link, he's still the rep of the portable Zelda games and that doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
There's no character more deserving of any kind of moveset change than Ganondorf.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Ganondorf's redesign is insanely overdue. Where are the iconic energy balls? Where is the sword? WHERE IS IT, NINTENDO??

He was so bad in Brawl, there has never been a better time to make him a proper moveset. Ditch the "slow but strong" design, it was never really a part of his character.

It won't happen, but nothing would make me happier than WW Ganondorf.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
By event Pokemon, I'm referring to Pokemon that are limited in the games but not legendary. For example, up until the 4th gen, eevee and snorlax were event pokemon. This also includes the starters.
Zoroark can't be earned without doing an official Nintendo event. That's highly identical to what you'd have to do to get Mew, Deoxys, Darkrai, and Arceus.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ike-Sama. Come up to someone with a lance and try to swing it at their face. You'll get planted like a tree in the park. A lance and a sword are not the same thing at all. A lance is something for stabbing, and is GENERALLY something that is pretty bad to use at really close range. It would merit its own playstyle entirely.

I never said it was Soul Calibur. Did I ever ask that characters get weapons to cycle through in an inventory menu? No. I asked that we get a fighting style more creative and more demanding than a sword... How about a LANCE? And no puppets. -_- THAT is a fighting game cliche that just needs to stop.

Come back when you're done being ridiculous.

ANYWAY. Yes, Ganondorf truly is most deserving of a moveset overhaul. He needs it more than anyone needs anything. On a priority list, it's like this:

- Give Ganondorf his own moves to show! D:
- Give Samus a Little Birdy to play wi-- Okay... that's a Big Birdy o_o;;
- K. Rool. DK has earned a 3rd rep.
- Give Kid Icarus a sparring-partner to celebrate his series revival.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Maybe because his specials were heavily identical to Fox's, despite having different effects.
That's the only thing they have immediately in common. Specials does not a clone make. Come on now. If that's the case, Lucario, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Luigi, and Lucas are all clones as well.

UberMario

Smash Master
Doesn't Wolf also have a greater impact in the storylines of the recent Starfox games like Command than Falco too?
Well, the endings of Command give him important roles, most notably:

[collapse=massive spoilers, especially since this is supposed to be the series finale (there might be newer games that are set earlier in the timeline, but not later if Command is is canon)]
in
Ending 1. He helps convince Krystal to join Star Fox
Ending 2. Fox retires, and Falco becomes the leader of Star Fox and mentor to Fox's, Slippy's and Peppy's descendents.
Ending 3. Falco tells Wolf that their team's bounties will be removed for their assistance to Star Fox
Ending 8. He forms Star Falco.
Ending 9. He helps get Fox out of a depression.
[/collapse]

So I think he is still an important part of the series and should stay.

D

Deleted member

Llumys said:
I will never understand why people think Wolf should be cut.
Being a clone, if they can't make him original or at least lugified him, expect him to get the boot. Not that I want him gone, but better to lose a clone then an original character.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
For one, Zoroark is not the lead choice. There are other characters as well; Victini, Genesect, that power ranger looking Pokémon and Meloa (or whatever her name is) are just as relevant at this junction. Technically that lantern Pokémon seems to be the most popular, but I don't really see us playing as a lantern...
All of those (minus Genesect) would be far inferior choices to Zoroark in almost every way minus popularity.

You can quote this or sig it I'll guarantee you since Mew never had a chance of getting into the Smash series there's no way Victini or Meoletta will deserve some sort of special treatment.

As for Bisharp
that's just a terrible choice of Pokemon. Zoroark is more popular AND Sakurai would have a lot more to work with thanks to Zorork's illusion ability.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Being a clone, if they can't make him original or at least lugified him, expect him to get the boot. Not that I want him gone, but better to lose a clone then an original character.
Wolf IS Luigified. =\ I think everyone is confusing Wolf with Falco here...

EDIT: Bisharp is one of those characters that would be... cool, but it's not gonna happen. Like Deoxys. =P

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wolf IS Luigified. =\ I think everyone is confusing Wolf with Falco here...
People pay more attention to special attacks than his regular attacks when talking about clones.

Even if his special attacks have different effects, they look almost identical

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All of those (minus Genesect) would be far inferior choices to Zoroark in almost every way minus popularity.

You can quote this or sig it I'll guarantee you since Mew never had a chance of getting into the Smash series there's no way Victini or Meoletta will deserve some sort of special treatment.

As for Bisharp
that's just a terrible choice of Pokemon. Zoroark is more popular AND Sakurai would have a lot more to work with thanks to Zorork's illusion ability.
Genesect and Meloetta haven't even been officially revealed by Nintendo yet, so they're obviously not going to get representation, unless Nintendo reveals them during the game development.

UberMario

Smash Master
Oh, they can definitely declone characters, they just choose not to.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Zoroark would be a pretty cool character, I'd have it so he transformed into a random character in the match, but with an aesthetic difference whenever he attacks that gives him away. As soon as he's hit, he changes to his normal form and transforms randomly upon respawn.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Screw all these 5th gens...

I want Mewtwo back, he was original unlike Lucario.

IC's need to be buffed a bit, otherwise, they are not worth
bringing back, of course this is all opinionated.

WW Link should be scrapped, replaced with Young Ling from OOT DS and Ganon should be more balanced, after seeing him in Brawl, it was horrible.

As for 3rd party characters, Sonic will most likely make a second appearance, why? Because of his inclusion in Nintendo exclusives such as Secret Rings, Black Knight, Colors, etc...

Also an Antigonist for Fire Emblem wouldn't hurt, we've only been getting Protagonist like Marth and Roy, I think either one Marth in this case could easily be replaced by the likes of Black Knight, Ashnard or any villIn from Radiant Dawn.

:phone:
You do realize Pokemon Trainer replaced Mewtwo right? Lucario replaced Pichu.
The Pokemon Roster is always:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Another 1st Generation Rep (Mewtwo, PT)
Latest Generation Rep (Pichu 2nd Gen, Lucario 4th Gen)

I'd be happy with Zoroark or Emolga replacing Lucario.

ICs just need to leave. They're adorable, but they don't have any reason to be in the game unlike G&W & ROB who are the Grandfathers of Nintendo.

Toon Link's probably not going anywhere do to him being the new Hand-held Link. But they REALLY need to give him the Skull Hammer ,Deku Leaf, and Bombchus to keep him at least somewhat different than Link.

Sonic & Snake are definitely making a come-back, but Mega Man is probably next to take a character slot cause if you want to talk about Nintendo exclusive 3rd Party games, look at all the Mega Man games for GBA & DS. It'd personally love Rayman, but Mega Man's next beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Also, who's the next troll character we want to spam Sakurai's in-box with this time? Last time it was Geno, let's get Mr. E from Mario Party Advance next.

majora_787

Smash Hero
So is Falco. Even so, I'm pretty sure that Sakurai wants all characters to be unique, not just lugified.
Falco is a tiny bit closer than Wolf. But yes, he is.

And the thing is, I would rather have Luigified clones than full-out clones. So as long as they work on that this time, no complaints.

It makes sense though for them to have vaguely similar specials. x_x I mean, seriously. They all have the same amount of stuff to work with. The ONLY thing they need to change in the way of specials is give Falco and Wolf an Arwing and Wolfen final smash. Respectively.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Son of *****, back to the same song and dance we had going on in the old thread that lasted 100 pages.

THESE CHARACTERS SHOULD BE CUT
DIS IS MAH DREAM ROSTER. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?!
CHARACTER X IS NOT A CLONE OF CHARACTER Y

Threads now crap until the subject changes away from the roster speculation stuff thats been going on for ages in the old one None of you are going to agree and its just going to loop and loop and loop.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You do realize Pokemon Trainer replaced Mewtwo right? Lucario replaced Pichu.
The Pokemon Roster is always:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Another 1st Generation Rep (Mewtwo, PT)
Latest Generation Rep (Pichu 2nd Gen, Lucario 4th Gen)

I'd be happy with Zoroark or Emolga replacing Lucario.

ICs just need to leave. They're adorable, but they don't have any reason to be in the game unlike G&W & ROB who are the Grandfathers of Nintendo.

Toon Link's probably not going anywhere do to him being the new Hand-held Link. But they REALLY need to give him the Skull Hammer ,Deku Leaf, and Bombchus to keep him at least somewhat different than Link.

Sonic & Snake are definitely making a come-back, but Mega Man is probably next to take a character slot cause if you want to talk about Nintendo exclusive 3rd Party games, look at all the Mega Man games for GBA & DS. It'd personally love Rayman, but Mega Man's next beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Also, who's the next troll character we want to spam Sakurai's in-box with this time? Last time it was Geno, let's get Mr. E from Mario Party Advance next.
I'm not seeing how Pokemon trainer replaced Mewtwo when Lucario is similar with his charging energy ball and "Badass", slightly dark pokemon design

majora_787

Smash Hero
Son of *****, back to the same song and dance we had going on in the old thread that lasted 100 pages.

THESE CHARACTERS SHOULD BE CUT
DIS IS MAH DREAM ROSTER. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?!
CHARACTER X IS NOT A CLONE OF CHARACTER Y

Threads now crap until the subject changes away from the roster speculation stuff thats been going on for ages in the old one.
A little bit ago, we were talking about lance characters until someone rudely interrupted it with their stupidity. If that makes you feel any better.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ganondorf obviously needs to be fixed up. While he can still be a strong and slow character, give him a sword that he'll actually use.
That isn't as important as he retains the energy ball attack he uses in most every game he appears in.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What do you guys think about kicking smash into the 3rd dimension? (3D fighting game)
I don't think it'll make a huge difference, but I hope they do a little 4th-wall breaking, having stuff hitting the screen a little more often, and maybe leave a crack or something that goes away after a while. I'd love that.

kupo15

Smash Hero
After seeing what I've read here, I can only confirm that Sakurai DOES hate the competitive community.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/
Maybe but he did mention that its important to have expert players playing with noobs so that is a step in the right direction
I don't understand peoples dislike for Sakurai balancing the game. He did a quite fine job of balancing the games before. Of course it may not have been perfect like you people unrealistically strive for, but it honestly was not a bad job done.
Are we even sure he was the sole balancer of the past games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom