• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I guess no one saw my point about the Fire Emblem titles that were released during the transitional period between Melee and Brawl.

As far as Chrom is concerned, I am seeing the same thing I see with Zoroark. Nobody really wants the character as much as they expect them. Which is a very very poor way of deciding upon and choosing a character. I do not believe the Fire Emblem characters are NEARLY as cyclical as many believe. As I do not believe Intelligent Systems is so controlling that the latest Fire Emblem lord MUST be playable. Fire Emblem has received quite a bit of content because Sakurai happens to (or at least appears to) enjoy the series.

The only company we know that is extremely controlling over their property is The Pokémon Company, and that is by Sakurai's own admission.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I guess no one saw my point about the Fire Emblem titles that were released during the transitional period between Melee and Brawl.

Btw, for those interested. Nintendo's share dropped 5% after their conference. I cannot say I blame the investors. As someone who does not currently own a 3DS nothing Nintendo has shown me has compelled me to purchase a 3DS this holiday season. The only thing I'm interested in hearing from TGS is more information regarding Dragon Quest X. Since that is a game I have been anticipating and am very nervous about.
I have not bought the 3DS either, and that is saying something considering I bought the Game Boy Advance, GameCube, Nintendo DS, and Wii at launch.

The two main reasons I did not buy it were:
1. Price.
2. Fear that an updated superior model would come out only a year later.

Nintendo really went overboard in terms of redesigns for the Nintendo DS. The DSi and DSiXL were really unnecessary. The Lite I appreciated due to its slimness and vastly increased battery life over the first model of the DS. I also skipped out on the Micro.

Heck, the only game I even purchased this year was Christmas NiGHTs into Dreams. A game that came out in 1996 for the Sega Saturn.

As to whether I will make any more game purchases this year, I intend to get Kirby's Return to Dream Land and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

If I do decide to get the Wii U, it will probably be my last home gaming console.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

Oh well, my guess is it dropped due to KI being delayed. :p

Also I did see your FE post, I didn't comment on it since I didn't find much to comment on. Although I do agree, and it does support my idea for a FE stage. :)

Also you're yet again right about FE, personally for now I'd take Roy over Chrome, but I guess it's all about being relalistic on expectations. :p

But for now, hopefully Chrome will be the new FE character we've been waiting for since the remakes started up.

vicgur

Smash Ace
As far as Chrom is concerned, I am seeing the same thing I see with Zoroark. Nobody really wants the character as much as they expect them. Which is a very very poor way of deciding upon and choosing a character. I do not believe the Fire Emblem characters are NEARLY as cyclical as many believe. As I do not believe Intelligent Systems is so controlling that the latest Fire Emblem lord MUST be playable. Fire Emblem has received quite a bit of content because Sakurai happens to (or at least appears to) enjoy the series.

The only company we know that is extremely controlling over their property is The Pokémon Company, and that is by Sakurai's own admission.
This. Very much.
Fire Emblem has been in Smash for 2 freakin' games. There's no way you can confirm there's a pattern with that....

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Interesting, why do you say Roy would be more likely than Chrome? Don't you think IT is most likely to do the same that was done with Ike? Also do you see Chrome ever replacing Ike based on appearance??

It's kind of just the same old story. Anytime someone new appears in a game, we all jump on the band wagon and support that character. I remember Midna and Prince Fluff were just like that. Now, no one cares.

I'm banking on Roy as he has more longevity. He's a big part of the series as fan demand shows. Roy is just more solid.

My thing is Chrome could be an "Ephraim" for all we know. There is so little we know about him right now that there is no way to accurately say that he is a 100% guarantee. The difference with the interim between Melee and Brawl is that four Fire Emblem games were published during that time. With the latter two involving Ike, whom was added in Brawl. Between Brawl and Smash Bros 4 we will only have three games. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, the sequel in Marth's saga that is only available in Japan at the moment, and Fire Emblem 3DS. Content wise there is not much to add to Fire Emblem considering the latest games have been remakes of the NES titles for the DS,. Fire Emblem 3DS is the only new title, and with that we have no idea how the game will be received.

I'm going to wait and see.
I'm with you there. It's too early to gauge anything.

I guess the conference was just bad. We have nothing to talk about but Fire Emblem.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tri-Hy ignores a Mewtwo related post.

:O

What I'm talking about: Mewtwo's epic final smash
Sorry I saw it but was too busy with the large FE debate.

Well it's nice to see I've built up a reputation here. And I don't even main Mewtwo in Melee. :laugh:

Anyway I saw, I think it could happen, but ripping apart the stage? I don't think that would happen.

If anything that could have been his FS in Brawl, but chances are now it will be his signature move: Psystrike, of which I see to be more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNSoAkCRqYQ

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have not bought the 3DS either, and that is saying something considering I bought the Game Boy Advance, GameCube, Nintendo DS, and Wii at launch.

The two main reasons I did not buy it were:
1. Price.
2. Fear that an updated superior model would come out only a year later.

Nintendo really went overboard in terms of redesigns for the Nintendo DS. The DSi and DSiXL were really unnecessary. The Lite I appreciated due to its slimness and vastly increased battery life over the first model of the DS. I also skipped out on the Micro.

Heck, the only game I even purchased this year was Christmas NiGHTs into Dreams. A game that came out in 1996 for the Sega Saturn.

As to whether I will make any more game purchases this year, I intend to get Kirby's Return to Dream Land and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

If I do decide to get the Wii U, it will probably be my last home gaming console.
Yes, price was THE main factor for myself. Considering I was beginning college and had to afford most of my supplies and books dropping $250+ for a frivolous expense, one not even worth justifying that price, was too steep. Now it is a matter that I don't feel comfortable purchasing a system where there are no games I want for it. If I want to play Ocarina of Time I will load my Zelda Collection I have for the Gamecube. If I want to play Star Fox 64 I will load up my Wii and play it through my SD card. All the games I do want are not until next year. Therefor Ihave little incentive to purchase the system now.

My game purchases will likely be Kirby's Return to Dreamland as it seems to be a return to Kirby Super Star style gameplay. Skyward Sword is too amazing to pass up at this point. Fortune Street is one game that is flying under the radar that will be a lot of fun. Considering it has WiFi it will open the door for many people to play. Regardless of whether you are a Dragon Quest or Mario fan Fortune Street just appears to be a solid multiplayer game, which is receiving many positive reviews surprisingly.

@Star
Also I did see your FE post, I didn't comment on it since I didn't find much to comment on. Although I do agree, and it does support my idea for a FE stage. :)

Also you're yet again right about FE, personally for now I'd take Roy over Chrome, but I guess it's all about being realistic on expectations. :p

But for now, hopefully Chrome will be the new FE character we've been waiting for since the remakes started up.
It's fine, I just was curious. Yes I do feel it is likely the next new Fire Emblem stage will be based around Shadow Dragon and its sequel. Your "Dragon's Altar" concept was a great idea. Either that or an "Akaneia" stage such as was planned in Melee would make sense.

Once Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword are released, and I play through them. I will make a stage concept for both series.

I guess the conference was just bad. We have nothing to talk about but Fire Emblem.
Unless we want to discuss Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing, or Maro Kart? The only worthwhile things worth noting in those games are:

-Rosalina is back
-Metal Mario is his own racer
-Main Animal Crossing characters can swim now

That is about it. Sadly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's fine, I just was curious. Yes I do feel it is likely the next new Fire Emblem stage will be based around Shadow Dragon and its sequel. Your "Dragon's Altar" concept was a great idea. Either that or an "Akaneia" stage such as was planned in Melee would make sense.

Once Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword are released, and I play through them. I will make a stage concept for both series.
Thank you for the complement. And I'm looking forward to your new stage ideas in addtion to the games of origin. ;)

Like I said, as an FE fanboy, I'd take Roy over Chrome, but that is mostly in the same boat as, like you said, Lucario and Zoroark.

I just don't see much need for a character who, I feel, hasn't built up enough reason or fandom to make themselves playable. Does that mean they won't get in, no, but does it mean we all might be disapointed, yes.

But at least with Chrome, his game isn't out yet, so in the same boat as KI reps, we can't make too heavy speculations about how they will be received as characters themselves or how they will play out just yet.

Taking a nap, eating lunch, then heading to class. I'll be back for more around 1 here on fourm time. Later.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thank you for the complement. And I'm looking forward to your new stage ideas in addtion to the games of origin. ;)

Like I said, as an FE fanboy, I'd take Roy over Chrome, but that is mostly in the same boat as, like you said, Lucario and Zoroark.

I just don't see much need for a character who, I feel, hasn't built up enough reason or fandom to make themselves playable. Does that mean they won't get in, no, but does it mean we all might be disapointed, yes.

But at least with Chrome, his game isn't out yet, so in the same boat as KI reps, we can't make too heavy speculations about how they will be received as characters themselves or how they will play out just yet.

Taking a nap, eating lunch, then heading to class. I'll be back for more around 1 here on fourm time. Later.
At least with Ike he had two games in his series between Melee and Brawl. Right now Chrome is just barely emerging at the time of development.

As far as Kid Icarus is concerned Medusa and Palutena have more history behind them. So it isn't as though they were just conceived in Uprising, just reimagined.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Couldn't sleep. Couldn't stop thinking about Fire Emblem in Sm4sh.

But not really. :3

Fire Emblem really is just the worst though.

Now it's time to fail a quiz and doodle in class while going on two hours of sleep.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't feel so bad, I have a math exam on Wednesday. Yay for college algebra! Nothing like dealing with slopes and constant rates of change.

Yes Fire Emblem is a very convoluted subject at the moment.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
When it comes to Fire Emblem... expect Marth. Hope for Ike.
But you won't see clones in a system like this. Roy= Uber Clone

Also, I just figured out the Link in SSB4 is probably going
to be the one from the Skyward Sword. Which is lame, but whatevs.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When it comes to Fire Emblem... expect Marth. Hope for Ike.
But you won't see clones in a system like this. Roy= Uber Clone

Also, I just figured out the Link in SSB4 is probably going
to be the one from the Skyward Sword. Which is lame, but whatevs.
One thing about Marth, I hope his design reflects Shadow Dragon.

If you saw how beautiful Skyward Sword looked yesterday you wouldn't be saying that...

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
One thing about both Marth, I hope his design reflects Shadow Dragon.

If you saw how beautiful Skyward Sword looked yesterday you wouldn't be saying that...
About the Marth... he is STILL wearing a tiara! But cool pic anyway.
About the Link... probably right. All I have seen is demos online anyway.

Even so, I can already tell he isn't as awesome as the Twilight P. link.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Well... seems there's new speculation in the air here. Just saw all the FE info. Not bad, but since I don't play the games, it's no biggie to me.

"Kid Icarus delayed." I'm starting to feel bad for Pit now.

In regards to FE characters in Smash, there IS a "hail-Mary" for Marth, Ike, Roy, and the newcomers: Add-on content

Okay, you brought my attention, I will need to do this on my computer, just remind me in about half an hour lol..
Just reminding you; albeit a day late.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yeeaahhhh..... in smash bros... even if skyward link has a boomerang, i would rather have the air slicer technique as a side B than the boomerang.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Something I just learned about the latest Fire Emblem, apparently the enemies shown in the trailers have been "corpse soldiers". It sounds like we may be revisiting some elements from Sacred Stones. Also noticed Chrome's colors are white and black.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
In other news, 3DS slide pad attachment details and pricing - [COLLAPSE="Text from linked site"]The second analog nub-adding 3DS Slide Pad that we first heard about from a Famitsu report last week has become more official, with a newly updated peripheral page from Nintendo on its website. The attachment will start selling in Japan on December 10, for 1,500 yen (roughly $20) on its own or $6,900 yen (roughly $90) for a bundle that also includes Monster Hunter 3G.

Nintendo confirmed that support for the add-on is built into a number of previously released and upcoming 3DS games (via GamesRadar), including Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Resident Evil: Revelations, Ace Combat 3D: Cross Rumble and Dynasty Warriors VS. The attachment also requires a single AAA battery to work, as it doesn't draw power from the 3DS.

Anyone want to start placing bets on when the first 3DS redesign will be coming?[/COLLAPSE]

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The delay of Uprising makes me think development may not start until December at the earliest. Also, keep in mind that Uprising was originally intended to be a launch window title for the 3DS (coming out at most four months after the system launch). Uprising being delayed for nearly a year past the original planned release date makes me think that Smash 4 probably won't release until 2015, with late 2014 at the earliest.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The delay of Uprising makes me think development may not start until December at the earliest. Also, keep in mind that Uprising was originally intended to be a launch window title for the 3DS (coming out at most four months after the system launch). Uprising being delayed for nearly a year past the original planned release date makes me think that Smash 4 probably won't release until 2015, with late 2014 at the earliest.
Which means I expect more of a cinematic trailer for Nintendo's E3 Smash Bros unveiling. Akin to Melee's first E3 2001 trailer. If I were Nintendo I think now would be a great opportunity for Project Sora and Nintendo to hold a poll, global or not. It would keep Smash Bros fans occupied while offering ideas pre-development to Sakurai and team.

It is crazy knowing I could be out of college and married by the times this game is completed.

kingdededestroy

Smash Rookie
is anybody else kina hoping that there are some new and unique characters in sm4sh. cuz i find that the last games introduced some new fighters with unique and adventurous gameplay( wario, king dd, mk, olimar,mewtwo,ice climbers) but some stuff i find kina repetetive and boring. stuff like ganon and cf, im not saying they should be changed, they both are awesome but that same idea of just adding another character with practicaly the same move set thats just been warped(lucas&ness,wolf&fox&falco,picatchu&pichu) is getting old and boring. i think there should be some new character styles introduced like dr.eggman, samurai goroh and peppy hare or mabe even pigma.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Which means I expect more of a cinematic trailer for Nintendo's E3 Smash Bros unveiling. Akin to Melee's first E3 2001 trailer. If I were Nintendo I think now would be a great opportunity for Project Sora and Nintendo to hold a poll, global or not. It would keep Smash Bros fans occupied while offering ideas pre-development to Sakurai and team.

It is crazy knowing I could be out of college and married by the times this game is completed.
I think making a trailer akin to the Melee 2001 one (with the exception of omitting the gameplay portions) for E32012 would be the best course of action. Characters are easily the best way to hype the Smash fanbase. If the only two newcomers unveiled were Ridley and Mega Man, it would easily be able to keep the Smash fanbase occupied until E32013 when the game can get a formal unveil of the game proper.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think making a trailer akin to the Melee 2001 one (with the exception of omitting the gameplay portions) for E32012 would be the best course of action. Characters are easily the best way to hype the Smash fanbase. If the only two newcomers unveiled were Ridley and Mega Man, it would easily be able to keep the Smash fanbase occupied until E32013 when the game can get a formal unveil of the game proper.
I'm sure we will have a couple more newcomers, probably around the same number as in Melee. The one advantage to a cinematic trailer is you really don't have to have any resources put together for the character in game in order to show them off. If Sakurai at least plans on putting say Toad in the game, he can use him in the trailer even if he doesn't have so much as a model put together. The whole point will be that character "x" is a newcomer. Which is ultimately all people will care about.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Geez Sakurai, he must be a king of delaying. Well, as many are saying, I'm quite expecting
more of a cinematic trailer (and I'm rooting for Starfy to be in the trailer... )

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, to tell you the truth, I am quite skeptic as what his playstyle will be.

It seems that Krom/Chrome will yield a Falchion as his weapon of choice.

It seems that his Falchion will be his weapon of choice, therefore he isn't necesseraly like Ike or Marth for that matter, heck he could very well be a combination of both lol..

I am willing to bet that he'll be a 3rd FE rep, I'm sure Ike will stick around since he is still relevant and was a starter in Brawl, who knows.

THAT is a Falchion. They have named a lot of swords Falchion in Japanese games, but none of them have looked like Falchions

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The conference was really yawn worthy. The only good thing that came out was more Mario Kart stuff and Fire Emblem. I will say the Mario Kart stuff is nice and it looks fun, even with silly gliding.

The delay of Kid Icarus isn't surprising. Sakurai seems to normally do this, and it's better for the game. As for Smash, I'm wondering what will happen. I'm more optimistic and think they'll work on both. I'm thinking this because they have already set ad ate for development to start and I'm not sure many people will like their employment to be delayed. So I don't think it will be held back very much and will be able to start both. Of course, we can never know and since it will likely still be at E3 it really doesn't matter. Just me rambling.

And since I love rambling, I'm thinking about my roster. I'm really up in the air between two characters and I'm not who to chose. It's hard because I'm trying too be right, it's a lot harder than picking the one I like. But I doubt I care.

Boogity Boogity Boogity AMEN

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And since I love rambling, I'm thinking about my roster. I'm really up in the air between two characters and I'm not who to chose. It's hard because I'm trying too be right, it's a lot harder than picking the one I like. But I doubt I care.

Boogity Boogity Boogity AMEN
Who might those characters be? Perhaps it could make for some discussion?

vicgur

Smash Ace
About the Kid Icarus delay:

Maybe[I'l say again, MAYBE] the game's development is already over, and the delay is just for some minor tweaks like bug fixing or something.
MAYBE they are already working in Smash4[at least creatively], as Kid Icarus doesn't need ALL the attention on it.

We can't be sure of anything, but MAYBE the delay doesn't affect Smash4 that much...
But the game will probably be ready in like, 4 or 5 years...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's kind of just the same old story. Anytime someone new appears in a game, we all jump on the band wagon and support that character. I remember Midna and Prince Fluff were just like that. Now, no one cares.

I'm banking on Roy as he has more longevity. He's a big part of the series as fan demand shows. Roy is just more solid.

I agree on most points here, while I do see Chrome playable, I also think Roy may be capable of replacing Ike solely because of Sakurai himself, NOT because of any kind of sales, sales do not play a role concerning Ike and do not matter since he is already a Smash character, I'd say we are likely to get a 3rd FE rep since it warrants a 3rd slot due to demand, people didn't mind having both Roy and Ike before Chrome was announced, so...I don't see tbe problem as to why Ike and Chrome simply cannot coexist with one another, it's not like they are guaranteed to be clones of some sort, people are basing their similarity based on some video, I do not think Chrome will take Ike's moves, if anything he'll have is own or he'll simply be replaced with his own moveset, it's as simple as that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think once Kirby's Return to Dreamland is out I am going to do something similar to what Smashchu has done, except with the stages. Later down the road I will see how accurate I am/was and make a post about it.

*making list now

OmegaXXII

THAT is a Falchion. They have named a lot of swords Falchion in Japanese games, but none of them have looked like Falchions
Yes, it's quite interesting indeed, I was unaware of this until earlier today, I believe Chrome's Falchion will differ than that of Ragnell, similar? Maybe, maybe not, I hope it isn't.

i am yellow yoshi master named ripto, and i hope they will sttill have yellow yoshi with the same moves and gamecube controller scheme and not move to much away from the brawl play style.

OmegaXXII

Well, I'm sure Yoshi had good game in Brawl? I'm not completely sure, also if you ever want to talk about Yoshi in Brawl you should check out the Yoshi boards as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom