• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow the thread has really slowed down. lol

Anyway I'm sick of FE debating so I'll leave my thoughts at this:

• FE will get 3 slots, as it was supposed to in Brawl and Sakurai's bias also supports this, so we'll get Marth, Ike, and Chrome.
  • Chrome will be the newcomer and will be a speed balance between Ike and Marth's sword styles, and a combination attack of some sort, so far exclusive to his game, will serve as his FS.
  • Both Ike's and Marth's outfits will fit their most recent appearances, and Marth may possibly speak English.
  • Chances are a FE stage will be based on Marth's games due to the remakes and the fact that Castle Siege (past stage) is based on the FE universe:
    Lvl 1 being based on FE6-7
    Lvl 2 being based on FE9-10
    Lvl 3 being based on FE8 (and based on the trailer FE13 also fits here as well)

But for now until we get more info, this is just my own spectulation on what may happen so don't freak out.

In the meantime I'll be working on my Mewtwo moveset and updating my own roster. Later.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, I'm also betting that we'll likely get a new stage from FE13, ot only makes sense to do so since Intelligent Systems will probably want to put in some representation from ot, of course it may happen since Ike never actually got content from his game aside from music, I'd say Marth is bound to get a new stage as well.
:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Truth is I did this over at Gamefaqs, but it was not well received... I am open to clarifying my thoughts or reasoning on why I selected the stages I did. None the less here are my selections at what I feel are the most likely additions for stages.

Super Mario:
Starship Mario (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)
New Super Mario Land (New Super Mario Bros. Wii/Super Mario 3D Land)
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros)
Mushroomy Kingdom/World 1-2 (Brawl)

Paper Mario:
Toad Town (Paper Mario 3DS)

Yoshi:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Donkey Kong:
Sunset Shore (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
75m (Donkey Kong)

WarioWare:

Diamond City (WarioWare Inc.)
WarioWare (Brawl)

The Legend of Zelda:
Skyloft (Skyward Sword)
Hyrule Castle (Legend of Zelda)
Pirate Ship (Brawl)

Pokémon:
N's Castle (Pokémon Black/White)
Tin Tower (Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver)
Pokémon Stadium 2 (Brawl)

Metroid:
Geothermal Power Plant (Other M)
Phaaze (Metroid Prime 3)
Norfair (Brawl)

Kirby:
Fountain Gardens (Kirby Epic Yarn)
Cookie Country (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
The Halberd (Brawl)

Fire Emblem:
Akaneia (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
Castle Siege (Brawl)

F-Zero:
Red Canyon (F-Zero)
Port Town: Aero Dive (Brawl)

Star Fox:
Sector Z (Star Fox 64 3D/Super Smash Bros.)
Space Armada (Brawl)

Animal Crossing:
New Smashville (Animal Crossing 3DS)

Earthbound:
Saturn Valley (Earthbound/MOTHER 3)

Ice Climbers:
The Summit (Brawl)

Game and Watch:
Flat Zone 2 (Brawl)

Punch Out!!:
The Ring (Punch Out Wii)

Custom Robo:
Cyber Holosseum (Custom Robo)

Legendary Starfy:
Gluglug Lagoon (Densetsu No Starfy)

Golden Sun:
Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)

Sin and Punishment:
Ruinous City (Sin and Punishment: Star Successor)

Famicom Wars:

Orange Star Headquarters (Advance Wars)

Xenoblade:
Gaur Plains (Xenoblade)

Wii Series:
WuHu Island (Wii Sports Resort/Pilotwings Resort)

Art Style:
Art Style (Art Style series)

Nintendo Hardware/Software:
Nintendo (Nintendo consoles)
Flipnote Hatena (DSi)
Pictochat (Brawl)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, I'm also betting that we'll likely get a new stage from FE13, ot only makes sense

Thats also a good possibility, I just said we may not since based on the gameplay and world of FE13 it reminds me of FE8 and the basement of Castle Siege. So having a stage based on FE13 for now would be a little weird in my opinion.

Plus seeing as Marth's series has 5 games to choose from for stages I think it would make more sense to have a stage based on his series. Especially now that his series is world wide now and the FE stage planned for Melee was to be based of his series.

Note: FE8 has a world map, lava stages, and undead enemies which all have been shown to be in FE13.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Kid Icarus anime pretty much confirms my belief that we will be getting both Palutena and Medusa in SSB4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow the thread has really slowed down. lol

Anyway I'm sick of FE debating so I'll leave my thoughts at this:

• FE will get 3 slots, as it was supposed to in Brawl and Sakurai's bias also supports this, so we'll get Marth, Roy, and Chrome.
  • Roy and Chrome will be the newcomers and Roy will be a speed balance between Chrome and Marth's sword styles.
Fixed it for you. ;)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
If you think Roy will have chance to comeback than you are a tremendous Fanboy who can't live with reality because Roy is so old and have 0 representation after Melee.

Ike in the other hand has brawl on his side with 2 games, and in brawl he was represented in his Ranger Out-fit. and the Radiant Dawn Ike looks radically different than Path of Radiance Ike where he looks as the most mature main protagonist in the whole franchise.

Chrome game has a new feature which was showed as the new pride of the series, and that is the Double-Battle Mode and Implementing a this in the game as Chrome moveset based on characters who help him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There's a Kid Icarus anime?

Yes. 6 episodes total. 3 episodes about Pit fighting Thanatos. 2 episodes about Palutena fighting an army of vegetables (meaning she can fight). 1 episode about Medusa's defeat from the NES game and her uprising since then.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If you think Roy will have chance to comeback than you are a tremendous Fanboy who can't live with reality because Roy is so old and have 0 representation after Melee.

Ike in the other hand has brawl on his side with 2 games, and in brawl he was represented in his Ranger Out-fit. and the Radiant Dawn Ike looks radically different than Path of Radiance Ike where he looks as the most mature main protagonist in the whole franchise.

Chrome game has a new feature which was showed as the new pride of the series, and that is the Double-Battle Mode and Implementing a this in the game as Chrome moveset based on characters who help him.
Coming from the guy with "Ike" in his username. I don't think you can be presented as being unbiased yourself...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Uhhhhh you're seriously one of the most biased posters I've ever read, just sayin'. It's fine, but don't call out others on things you pull yourself.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow thats just as biased as Chrono's constant Roy trolls.

Look out everyone, I sense a flame debate may be coming.

Also a KI anime, sweet! I just hope he gets a good voice actor unlike in Brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Boy, you sure like to talk a lot, because I had to go through 10+ pages since my last post to see what has been discussed.

Anyway, I did run into the 3DS game updates myself. Rosalina's appearance in Mario Kart 7 may be surprising, but that doesn't change anything for her, since Mario Kart is a spin-off series.

Regarding Metal Mario, he already exists in Smash Bros., via, the Metal Boxes.

It looks like Fire Emblem 3DS will not be associated with any existing story. It will be brand new. Which is actually pretty good.

I'm probably guessing that the next Fire Emblem fighter will be the guy on the left. Ike might be in trouble, but Marth appears to be safe.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I found leaked footage of SmashWiiU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY2LqzSb6ts
If only.

Okay, I might as well put my two cents in about the whole FE talk. I figure we should either get this:

Marth (Veteran, as far as I'm concerned he's the face of the series)
Chrome (New guy, like Ike. Who "took Roy's spot as the second FE character")
Ike/Roy (Don't care, whichever)

or

Marth
Chrome
Caeda/New Female character ( I figure, Caeda could represent the past FE with Marth, or we could pick a prominent new female from the new game. This is probably the least likely option, but it would make me happy as a person who doesn't really play FE outside of Smash. New faces make me happy)

OmegaXXII

The Kid Icarus anime pretty much confirms my belief that we will be getting both Palutena and Medusa in SSB4.

It seems probable, but I think only Paletuna or Medusa well likely get in, not both, unless I'm missing something or the delay has to do with anything.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Kuma I would expect that from xIblisx, but not from you man.

It seems like this thread is about to go on the Fire Emblem carousel again. Unfortunately as much as I would enjoy seeing some debate I have class and therefore I must split. I will leave with this thought.

Roy was never intended to be cut from Brawl, in fact he was not truly "cut, just undeveloped along with Mewtwo. Roy, despite what others may believe, has had a steady fanbase that has wanted him to return with a revamped moveset. Roy still is a, if not the, representative of the GBA Fire Emblem era. So his significance is not really in question. Whether his demand stems from his series or from Melee does not matter. Chrome has yet to really establish himself as a character, so to sit here and call him a "guarantee" is EXTREMELY premature. Just wait until the game is released and we see how it is received along with its characters.

D

Deleted member

Damn I actually clicked on that... I saw that video before :p

Yeah I got fooled too.

Anyway, with FE13 out, I'd like to ask everyone who is more likely to take the third spot (this is assuming Marth and Chrome are in); Ike or Roy?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Yeah I got fooled too.

Anyway, with FE13 out, I'd like to ask everyone who is more likely to take the third spot (this is assuming Marth and Chrome are in); Ike or Roy?

I'd prefer Ike but either one Is fine really... when I was younger I actually use to enjoy playing as Roy in SSBM I like Ike in Brawl though.

Also no homework for me today ^_^

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It seems probable, but I think only Paletuna or Medusa well likely get in, not both, unless I'm missing something or the delay has to do with anything.

I don't think Kid Icarus getting two newcomers is entirely out of the question. However, if it does get a third character, it will be either Medusa or Palutena whom will be a luigified clone of whomever got in first.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Roy was never intended to be cut from Brawl, in fact he was not truly "cut, just undeveloped along with Mewtwo. Roy, despite what others may believe, has had a steady fanbase that has wanted him to return with a revamped moveset. Roy still is a, if not the, representative of the GBA Fire Emblem era. So his significance is not really in question. Whether his demand stems from his series or from Melee does not matter. Chrome has yet to really establish himself as a character, so to sit here and call him a "guarantee" is EXTREMELY premature. Just wait until the game is released and we see how it is received along with its characters.
Very true and like I said, I'd take Roy over Chrome anyday.

Although based on that statement the same could be said for Roy in Melee in comparison to the fan favorite FE4 Lord of the SNES era (sorry I forgot his name).

OmegaXXII

@Star: I don't think a character has to be popular for him to get in, look at Ike, Hector was more popular, yet Intelligent Systems wanted him in, who says IS won't do the same with Chrome?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Uhhhhh you're seriously one of the most biased posters I've ever read, just sayin'. It's fine, but don't call out others on things you pull yourself.
Well it's ****ing stupid to bring back a character that got replaced by a character to the series again and you are suggesting that this character is going to replace the character that replaced him in the first place. this is no logic and obviously Sakurai works professionally now , see unless he's stupid he will put Roy who will be 12-13 years old when SSB4 probably is coming and who will forget about Ike the character that will be 6-7 years old once SSB4.

For me I have nothing against Chrome his style is quite fascinating but Ike in the other hand has less generic style and look more mature.

so the roster will have :

Marth/Chrome and Ike
Ike/Chrome and Marth

Ike,Chrome and Math

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My guess is Ike, since his games have actually appeared worldwide.
Roy appeared worldwide in the best selling Gamecube game. Melee. Where he gains a bajillion fans. Fans like my brother, who has now played the FE game with Ike in it, and the FE game with Marth and Caeda, because of Melee.

You see how that works? Melee/Brawl are gateway drugs.

in fact he was not truly "cut, just undeveloped along with Mewtwo."
That's just a nice way of saying they were cut. . . all the forbidden seven were "underdeveloped".

so the roster will have :

Marth/Chrome and Ike
Ike/Chrome and Marth

Ike,Chrome and Math
Tell me more oh great swami.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Roy appeared worldwide in the best selling Gamecube game. Melee. Where he gains a bajillion fans. Fans like my brother, who has now played the FE game with Ike in it, and the FE game with Marth and Caeda, because of Melee.

You see how that works? Melee/Brawl are gateway drugs.
I was not counting crossovers. I meant mainstream appearances.

OmegaXXII

I don't think Kid Icarus getting two newcomers is entirely out of the question. However, if it does get a third character, it will be either Medusa or Palutena whom will be a luigified clone of whomever got in first.
I believe that may be the case, I say if either one gets in, I'm betting it's Medusa since she could act as the potential antagonist of the series, on tbe other hand Paletuna is just as significant as well, does Kid Icarus warrant 3 slots? That is entirely left to Sakurai.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Kuma I would expect that from xIblisx, but not from you man.

It seems like this thread is about to go on the Fire Emblem carousel again. Unfortunately as much as I would enjoy seeing some debate I have class and therefore I must split. I will leave with this thought.

I think that it doesn't matter if it is premature to put Chrome in SSB4. Ike and Lucario were brand new with barely any fanbase when they were added during the Brawl development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom